Week 0 and Week 1 EARLY Discussion

Damn near make or break game right out of the gate for my boys. "Should" be the most complete Purdue team assembled since the Brees/Orton years (but that doesn't say a whole lot since it's been complete garbage in between)

It's homer as hell but with one of the most experienced (and best) QB's in the country and what should be a dramatically improved O'Line I'm expecting Purdue to put up plenty of points against all but the absolute elite and would think PSU will be going through some defensive transition on schemes with Diaz coming in....

More to come later on detailed thoughts and talks about the other side of the ball (purdue will still be Purdue on defense which is the obvious big concern but should be improved a bit) but I'm already on Purdue +4 in a national spotlight game (on Thursday night) that is already sold out....and i'm on it for a healthy clip. I think the line should be flipped.

Last edited:
Damn near make or break game right out of the gate for my boys. "Should" be the most complete Purdue team assembled since the Brees/Orton years (but that doesn't say a whole lot since it's been complete garbage in between)

It's homer as hell but with one of the most experienced (and best) QB's in the country and what should be a dramatically improved O'Line I'm expecting Purdue to put up plenty of points against all but the absolute elite and would think PSU will be going through some defensive transition schemes with Diaz coming in....

More to come later on detailed thoughts and talks about the other side of the ball (purdue will still be Purdue on defense which is the obvious big concern but should be improved a bit) but I'm already on Purdue +4 in a national spotlight game (on Thursday night) that is already sold out....and i'm on it for a healthy clip. I think the line should be flipped.
You got the 8pm time slot as well.

I have an under lean for Nebraska. Defense should still be pretty salty - Mathis a big pickup that should address our biggest weakness from last year (pass rush). NW offense was just dreadful last year. I expect the Nebraska offense to need some time to come together. New OC, new QB, an OL that looked crappy this spring. Nebraska put up half a hundred last year vs NW and I don't see that happening two years in a row vs a guy like Fitz.

BOL has a bunch of week 1 lines out as well. You guys know I love the early lines, but these are too early even for me, but still fun to look at!
Yeah, just to really get a feel for things to be honest.

I'm curious if these are as stale come August as in past years as we get more and more shops opening them up early.

Slightly off-topic, but will tie up some money betting Alabama over 10.5 wins for the season at DK. It’s juicy at -220 currently, but I don’t see 2 regular season losses on their schedule.

Trying to determine where I want to split my money up for cfb this year....Obviously the bulk of it will be at BOL, but open to suggestions for other books I should use, and also how many books you guys think is a sweet spot, as you can always teach this old dog some new tricks. Looks like Youwager has lines up for Week 1 already as well, most likely mirror off of BOL, but not sure if they will try to go the early route during the season. Would be a nice plus if they did, as typically I just run with BOL and BM, since BM has some FCS that BOL doesn't carry sometimes. Thanks in advance for any input!

CB

Also, can’t wait to take a half day on the 1st and start tailgating for the Thursday night game against Ball State. Should be a fun time. Not really capped it yet but I’d say over would be a good call depending on the number. Heupel doesn’t really take his foot off the pedal in these games and they’ll want to get the Heup train rolling for the season on a relatively decent Thursday spotlight.

I have an under lean for Nebraska. Defense should still be pretty salty - Mathis a big pickup that should address our biggest weakness from last year (pass rush). NW offense was just dreadful last year. I expect the Nebraska offense to need some time to come together. New OC, new QB, an OL that looked crappy this spring. Nebraska put up half a hundred last year vs NW and I don't see that happening two years in a row vs a guy like Fitz.

My 1st thought was just take the points but under def makes sense also.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. --- North Carolina's projected starting running back British Brooks will miss the 2022 season after suffering an injury during Saturday night's practice. A school official confirmed the season-ending lower body injury.

Has anything really changed with Ucon? My 1st instinct was lay 2 tds for the 1st half with Utah st, if ucon looks like they typically do I’d expect Utah st to light them up!!

Will be trying to talk myself into playing New Mexico st +9 and maybe sprinkle the ml, if I can find any positives for them! Looks to me like Nevada gonna struggle this season!!

Does wku have a capable new trigger man for their high powered offense? They were so freaking fun last year!! Zappe gone tho.

New coaching staff, brought in some transfers including Penn State backup qb. I lean taking the +28

If you really think they can stay within the number I think over makes more sense, I don’t think they stopping Utah st from hanging a really big number. I prefer 1st half if I’m gonna lay the points, just don’t think a defense that lost best thing it had going (interior line play) gonna come out and stop this offense at home in week 1, they prob will get better this year but I don’t think this a good game for them. Utah st def gives up yards so if they can score tds in red zone maybe we talking only a 21 point game, 42-21 or something?

If you really think they can stay within the number I think over makes more sense, I don’t think they stopping Utah st from hanging a really big number. I prefer 1st half if I’m gonna lay the points, just don’t think a defense that lost best thing it had going (interior line play) gonna come out and stop this offense at home in week 1, they prob will get better this year but I don’t think this a good game for them. Utah st def gives up yards so if they can score tds in red zone maybe we talking only a 21 point game, 42-21 or something?
Yea I agree and prob actually going to take that. I sorta feel like utah state shouldn’t be laying four tds against anyone but uconn d is going to be awful again like you said

Yea I agree and prob actually going to take that. I sorta feel like utah state shouldn’t be laying four tds against anyone but uconn d is going to be awful again like you said

I mean it all relative,, worse teams have beat ucon by 4 scores. I think Utah st might be sneaky good again. Even tho he mostly pissed me off at wyo I think Levi Williams pretty talented and now he coming into a offense that much better at bringing qb talent out than the crap offense they ran at Wyoming! I read up as much I could on ucon today and the new coaches, transfers, etc, I agree w you they prob be a bit tougher this year but think it take time and I just don’t see the d stopping Utah st offense much in Logan when the most talented guys they had up front left for nfl. Just not sure they can disrupt this offense and when it gets rolling they hang big numbers.

Went ahead and got me a copy of steele mag today, usually just do all my reading on phone and laptop but little tougher with this eye still having the gas bubble in it! Lol. Freaking 20 bucks, feel like that has went up, of course what hasn’t went up these days!

by my math Gtech team total should be something like 13.5? Think that right. I dunno how they score more than that vs this clemson d? Only way I see it is if DJ hands them points off turnovers. No chance do I see tech driving the field for 2 tuddys.

Went ahead and got me a copy of steele mag today, usually just do all my reading on phone and laptop but little tougher with this eye still having the gas bubble in it! Lol. Freaking 20 bucks, feel like that has went up, of course what hasn’t went up these days!
Did you get the digital or the print? I bought the digital edition one year but just didn't use it as much as I would the actual magazine so I went back to print. But they want more than the magazine for intl shipping now so I went digital again and I hate it.

Did you get the digital or the print? I bought the digital edition one year but just didn't use it as much as I would the actual magazine so I went back to print. But they want more than the magazine for intl shipping now so I went digital again and I hate it.

I got the print solely cause I still have this gas bubble in my eye from detached retina surgery so thought it be easier to read than on phone or laptop.

I got the print solely cause I still have this gas bubble in my eye from detached retina surgery so thought it be easier to read than on phone or laptop.
Ouch.

I should've just not been a cheap ass and bought the print edition. It handles wing sauce waaayyy better than my phone or laptop.

Ouch.

I should've just not been a cheap ass and bought the print edition. It handles wing sauce waaayyy better than my phone or laptop.

Wasn’t that bad, far as pain. Been a boring ass summer recovering from it tho. You don’t frequent the baseball forum so you didn’t get to read it all play out for me, lol. 1st week after surgery had to keep my head pointing down whole time, that sucked! It just bout healed now, I can see again but the gas bubble hasn’t completely went away yet so when I look down or move around damn thing has a tendency to slide back in front of my vision. I’ll be so happy when i wake up one day and it gone. Dr said another week or 2 probably.

by my math Gtech team total should be something like 13.5? Think that right. I dunno how they score more than that vs this clemson d? Only way I see it is if DJ hands them points off turnovers. No chance do I see tech driving the field for 2 tuddys.
A few weeks ago your math would have calculated it would be 16, just as mine did. (Clemson -18/-18.5, total 50.5.) Alas, my hopes have been dashed. But you can buy to 14 at some books (including Bookmaker and Heritage, which I use), though 13,5 should be a pretty comfortable winner. The Tech under will be my biggest play of the first two weeks.

I think I retain information better if I read it on paper. I still remember stats from the baseball cards I bought 50 years ago.

I mean it all relative,, worse teams have beat ucon by 4 scores. I think Utah st might be sneaky good again. Even tho he mostly pissed me off at wyo I think Levi Williams pretty talented and now he coming into a offense that much better at bringing qb talent out than the crap offense they ran at Wyoming! I read up as much I could on ucon today and the new coaches, transfers, etc, I agree w you they prob be a bit tougher this year but think it take time and I just don’t see the d stopping Utah st offense much in Logan when the most talented guys they had up front left for nfl. Just not sure they can disrupt this offense and when it gets rolling they hang big numbers.
Utah St 2H plays could be a golden goose this season.

I hope they’re losing or close with UConn in game 1

A few weeks ago your math would have calculated it would be 16, just as mine did. (Clemson -18/-18.5, total 50.5.) Alas, my hopes have been dashed. But you can buy to 14 at some books (including Bookmaker and Heritage, which I use), though 13,5 should be a pretty comfortable winner. The Tech under will be my biggest play of the first two weeks.
Already on -20, I hit tech tt under 15.5 -150 on bovada for a decent amount just now

16-14 type game wouldn't be shocking either way. Not sure why you guys are going nuts about it.

16-14 type game wouldn't be shocking either way. Not sure why you guys are going nuts about it.

The Gtech team total. Only path I see to them scoring 2 TD’s would be DJ turning it over for tds, outside of that I don’t think tech offense will have any success against the tigers defensive front.

The Gtech team total. Only path I see to them scoring 2 TD’s would be DJ turning it over for tds, outside of that I don’t think tech offense will have any success against the tigers defensive front.
I have zero trust in Clemson defense this year. Will leave it there.

Fading Clemson this season won't be popular but it will be profitable I believe.

Back