• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

ML Dogs Week 0-1

Yea I agree. =7.5 I was eying before last weeks games. Solid showing at Vandy and sucked all the value out the line. As I was saying tho. Unless they massively adjust Schager passing yard prop could be some value on him!! Seems like the coach trees brought in will be much more focused on the offensive side the ball. Trees defense was terrible last year then had a mass exodus in the transfer portal. Going up against Tommy Chang air raid in season 2 seems ripe for another high passing yards game!! Just gotta wait and hope they don’t inflate his number too much! That is def the play I’m hoping to get down on!
i hit Schager o216.5 pretty good last week, their offense looks like way better like you said. sadly i don't think we're seeing a number like we did last week again!

Oh man....has anyone talked about CMU @ Sparty? Reading Phil Steele's previews, Sparty's QB transferred and their QB's are "vastly less experienced than last year." Furthermore he states they "are not a contender in the East and will have to battle to get back to a bowl game" among other tidbits of info. Meanwhile, his writeup of CMU had some nice things to say about HC McElwain and expects CMU to be a MAC West contender. In-stae rivalry and all along with my fav Week 1 trend....hmmmm. Methinks I might add the Chippewas.

:popcorn:

I'm not really capping FBS right now, but on the surface this is one that stood out to me.

i hit Schager o216.5 pretty good last week, their offense looks like way better like you said. sadly i don't think we're seeing a number like we did last week again!

Damn, that was good number. I ended up playing him at ov 220.5 I think. Still cake! I agree we prob won’t see those kinda numbers again but I doubt they move him way way up. 250 maybe? Hopefully! lol. Sounds like Stanford d should be really bad!

Last edited:
Damn, that was good number. I ended up playing him at ov 220.5 I think. Still cake! I agree we prob won’t see those kinda numbers again but I doubt they move him way way up. 250 maybe? Hopefully! lol. Sounds like Stanford d should be really bad!
damn. seeing 280.5 this week :(

Guess shouldn’t be surprised, they have gotten quicker and more aggressive adjusting these in every sport. Just glad we were able to be a little ahead of the curve and got some really nice runs on them in every sport!

I was really hoping for a 250ish! I was pouncing at that number (obviously, lol). 280.5 I’m not so sure. He did go for 350 at vandy, not sure what Vandy was doing in 4th? They didn’t seem all that worried once they got up 35-14, Schager had already cleared his 220 total but think he put up 110 or so passing in 4th against vsndy’s indifferent d. So 240 give or take going into the 4th. Everything I’ve read points to trees d being pretty bad, will they allow guys to run wide open all over the field like vandy did? Year 2 of Chang system could just be good enough he will continue getting guys wide open against bad defenses! Stanford brought in a offensive minded guy, total bout 60. I don’t think 280 is out of the question but it def stronger than I was hoping for! Lol. What you think? It certainly possible he puts up 300 any week they playing subpar defenses.

Well this should keep us from worrying much bout it, apparently they calling for 20+ mph winds in Hawaii during that game. Who knows if that accurate but def something to keep a eye on, obviously don’t wanna play a much more aggressive number if it also gonna be windy!

SC State over Charlotte this week?
LIU over Ohio?

I’m playing both.

Is it just a fade of Ohio or what do you think Long Island has for them? Looks like LIU is improving vs teams their own size, but have yet to show they can stand up vs a better FCS or an FBS team. You see them offering resistance obviously if you think they can win? Probably will be a 40 pt dog. Maybe they cover though. OU could run for 300+

Who could forget 2017 Howard 43, Unlv 40 as a 45 point dog? @s--k

While we are in the time machine, how about Howard at Ohio in 2018? Howard led 22-17 HT and only lost by 6 and Howard had an over 200 yardage edge in the game (-3 TO margin). That was also Cam's brother. So 2017 and 2018 does show history of Howard pulling or nearly pulling these kinds of upsets. UNLV was 5-7 in 2017 (not bad for them) and OU went 9-4 in '18 so not terrible teams necessarily Howard was competing with. We will see tomorrow. Their QB may not be Caylin Newton, but Quinton Williams is good in his own right.

SC State over Charlotte this week?
LIU over Ohio?

I’m playing both.

Is it just a fade of Ohio or what do you think Long Island has for them? Looks like LIU is improving vs teams their own size, but have yet to show they can stand up vs a better FCS or an FBS team. You see them offering resistance obviously if you think they can win? Probably will be a 40 pt dog. Maybe they cover though. OU could run for 300+

Actually Over would be a good play as Ohio's defense has never been formidable out of conference. LIU could get 20? Ohio's O had 380 yards but just 13 pts in week zero. FGs from the S02, S23, S13 (missed) and two INTs thrown in SD St territory - no way they struggle like that to score Saturday on LIU

I’m just fading Ohio/Albin. Lost to Duquesne two years ago, beat Fordham 59-52 last year.

Only way I see Ohio in trouble is if they are hanging their heads about last week and not thinking they need to take this week's opponent seriously. I think I could like Long Island with the points. If the upset happens I know you'll be partying!

Guess shouldn’t be surprised, they have gotten quicker and more aggressive adjusting these in every sport. Just glad we were able to be a little ahead of the curve and got some really nice runs on them in every sport!

I was really hoping for a 250ish! I was pouncing at that number (obviously, lol). 280.5 I’m not so sure. He did go for 350 at vandy, not sure what Vandy was doing in 4th? They didn’t seem all that worried once they got up 35-14, Schager had already cleared his 220 total but think he put up 110 or so passing in 4th against vsndy’s indifferent d. So 240 give or take going into the 4th. Everything I’ve read points to trees d being pretty bad, will they allow guys to run wide open all over the field like vandy did? Year 2 of Chang system could just be good enough he will continue getting guys wide open against bad defenses! Stanford brought in a offensive minded guy, total bout 60. I don’t think 280 is out of the question but it def stronger than I was hoping for! Lol. What you think? It certainly possible he puts up 300 any week they playing subpar defenses.
i don't have any doubt that he can sail over that number, just think we're talking about a coin flip bet at this point so i'm gonna pass. this number is around a 30% increase from last week so i don't think long term it's a good idea to get in the habit of playing those types of adjustments off a one game sample

i don't have any doubt that he can sail over that number, just think we're talking about a coin flip bet at this point so i'm gonna pass. this number is around a 30% increase from last week so i don't think long term it's a good idea to get in the habit of playing those types of adjustments off a one game sample

Tend to agree, plus the wind in forecast and I just moved on. I see a few tonight I think have some promise. These week 1 props for anyone outside qb can be a little tricky, sometimes I look like genius, others my guy only sees the field for 1-2 plays so the bet counts and I look like a damn fool!! Lol. I did a bunch of reading coaches comments from the last several months, listening to the pods I like, and anything else I could think of to try and get a good idea of game plan and which kids actually gonna be the focal points, even then there will no doubt be at least 1 or 2 I was lied to about or they happened to change their mind this morning! Lol. Imo juice worth the squeeze cause the ones who play generally have a very easy number to hit!

@survive&advance we should probably move this out of the ml dog thread. I planned on starting a prop thread for this week after I made my bets for today but shit keeps coming up today that has kept me from getting across the river!! These fuckers are killing me with all this construction, I had to run errand that shoulda had me right next to bridge to Illinios but they have everything so cluster fucjed I had to take another route to make in time. Hoping I can go get these in before wife radiation appointment.

(Anyways I don’t care where we talk bout but some ppl round here can be just a tad anal bout discussion matching thread!! Actually surprised I havnt got a text yet!! Lol. Just joking @VirginiaCavs :)

I played a little Nicholls ML at +1400. Not expecting it to happen so much as I do think there is potential for Sac State's O to not be that great week 1 on the road with a new QB for a team that their HC was their offense and he left. Not sure what Nicholls has to offer, but can see a lower scoring defensive game and could surprise. Seems like pretty high odds. I mean, Sac State was awesome last year but there are a good number of things that are different for them, at least offensively. Will see what Nicholls can offer them a game.

I played a little Nicholls ML at +1400. Not expecting it to happen so much as I do think there is potential for Sac State's O to not be that great week 1 on the road with a new QB for a team that their HC was their offense and he left. Not sure what Nicholls has to offer, but can see a lower scoring defensive game and could surprise. Seems like pretty high odds. I mean, Sac State was awesome last year but there are a good number of things that are different for them, at least offensively. Will see what Nicholls can offer them a game.
Used to be a great sneak up team. They haven’t been as of late

Played a few more 3, 4, & 5-teamer RR ML parlays...

Connecticut Huskies +310 1st half
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors +130
Northern Illinois Huskies +270
North Texas Mean Green +196
Northwestern Wildcats +210
Risked $16 ($1 per Parlay) to Win $1103.83

Connecticut Huskies +450
Northern Illinois Huskies +270
Risked $16 ($1 per Parlay) to Win $1,266.36

Connecticut Huskies +310 1st half
Central Michigan Chippewas +470
Risked $16 ($1 per Parlay) to Win $1,660.54

Connecticut Huskies +450
Central Michigan Chippewas +470
Risked $16 ($1 per Parlay) to Win $1,675.43

BOLTA!!

:recliner:

So far in 2023, favorites coming off of a losing season are 7-1 SU but 1-7 ATS (AZ ST. has not been updated yet in the query pic below). The lone fav to lose was UTEP on the road last week as a small fav. There two more road favs this weekend with Stanford tonight and Cal tomorrow. In addition to Stanford, we have Sparty and Miami, FL on tap for today....

dog2.jpg

So far in 2023, favorites coming off of a losing season are 7-1 SU but 1-7 ATS (AZ ST. has not been updated yet in the query pic below). The lone fav to lose was UTEP on the road last week as a small fav. There two more road favs this weekend with Stanford tonight and Cal tomorrow. In addition to Stanford, we have Sparty and Miami, FL on tap for today....

View attachment 77192

You gotta think canes will at least get pushed, don’t trust them at all. Kinda debating between Ohio and the points or playing Gabbert ov 179.5 passing yards.

Played 2 more 2, 3, & 4-teamer RRs with....

Central Michigan Chippewas +320 1st Half
Risked $24 ($2.18 per parlay) to Win $572.76

Central Michigan Chippewas +450
Risked $24 ($2.18 per parlay) to Win $705.13

A dog or two are going to win sooner or later! Let's hope for the sooner!

BOLTA!

:cheerleader:

You gotta think canes will at least get pushed, don’t trust them at all. Kinda debating between Ohio and the points or playing Gabbert ov 179.5 passing yards.
I thought Phil Steele's writeup on Miami was fairly positive so I'm passing on the ML on that one. ATS has a fair chance of hitting however if this trend continues...BOL to you if you play it!

Used to be a great sneak up team. They haven’t been as of late

I thought their defense would be better and Sac State offense down. Nicholls D played ok to start the game I suppose ... One of Sac State's best players, their star TE was hurt early and did not return. The biggest thing in this game was Sac State's QB - it wasn't the transfer Camp, it was little used backup Kaiden Bennett. I was impressed. With losing both QBs last year, with Bennett now, they have something there I think. Not sure how I feel about the Nicholls QB. Actually had a bunch of live bets on Nicholls and Under. Their punter failing to field the snap on his own 6 and then Nicholls 84y TD late - easily could've been a 31-17 game instead which I would've preferred over the 38-24 final. But wasn't a bad spot to take a shot on them. If Sac State didn't have that Bennett kid at QB, would've been closer game.

Indiana State's presumed starter this year was scratched so their QBs from last year played. He sucks. Eastern Illinois had two pick-sixes in the 1H, but they aren't any prize either really. Definitely better at QB than what Indiana State put out there. DD road dog with a shut out win. Doesn't happen very often. They combined for 1-of-7 on 4th down. EIU kid missed an xpt and EIU just opted to go for 4th downs over attempt FGs (they were SOD twice in the RZ as a result). EIU ended up +5 on the TO margin

I thought their defense would be better and Sac State offense down. Nicholls D played ok to start the game I suppose ... One of Sac State's best players, their star TE was hurt early and did not return. The biggest thing in this game was Sac State's QB - it wasn't the transfer Camp, it was little used backup Kaiden Bennett. I was impressed. With losing both QBs last year, with Bennett now, they have something there I think. Not sure how I feel about the Nicholls QB. Actually had a bunch of live bets on Nicholls and Under. Their punter failing to field the snap on his own 6 and then Nicholls 84y TD late - easily could've been a 31-17 game instead which I would've preferred over the 38-24 final. But wasn't a bad spot to take a shot on them. If Sac State didn't have that Bennett kid at QB, would've been closer game.
I didn’t see a play but believe it or not heard a good bit on the radio. Thanks for the recap.
Like I said they have a rough schedule. They play 4 of the FCS playoff teams from last year and think TCU next week

Rarely have I seen a team so unprepared to play a football game. Maybe Navy in the covid year? Howard with so many presnap penalties, penalties in general, awful punt and KO coverage, punter has snap go through hands for a safety. QB footwork was like he had never been coached. Can't believe they covered the spread even. EMich must've really been patting themselves on the back at halftime and undoubtedly Howard was pretty embarrassed. Great 3Q for Howard, but again with the penalties. The early 4Q 2nd down intentional grounding plus the unsportsman like conduct penalty took away all their momentum and gave EM energy they hadn't had the entire 2nd Q. Ugly game of football. But lost by 10. Seemed pretty unlikely result watching it unfold in the 1H

Nebraska, UConn and Ga Tech all losers for me so far, but all 3 had a legit chance for at least a half or so, and that is all you can ask for with these dogs, as the fun part is when they have a chance to make it a game in the second half. None were able to pull it out, but all had a shot which at least made it interesting. Hoping I can get 3 or 4 to finish the deal on Saturday! Best of luck guys!

Back