New Mexico St. +250
Charlotte +235
Illinois +150
Old Dominion +275
Temple +220
Risked $32 ($2 per Parlay) to Win $2,455.38

BOLTA!!

:sportsfanfinger:

I believe the Jacksonville State ML would've been voided? They were +230/+240. They did win the 1H ML though if you could've got it.

I'm trying to remember, before the name changes, ULM was NE La right? I thought ULL was SE La?

Couple former Sun Belt QBs who weren't good enough to keep starting jobs at Sun Belt schools doesn't set Southeastern up ideally for immediate success. But from what I read their D should be pretty good. Yeah, should be a good in-state battle flying under the national radar.
ULL was USL (Southwest Louisiana). SLU (Southeast Louisiana) is still Southeast Louisiana.

Anyone have moneylines on Ball St and ULM? They're not offered at my books at the moment.

WTF? Notre Dame up to +616 at Bookmaker. I just hit it,

I’m scared to even take the points, it is tempting tho. Everyone and everything I have read, listened to, saw, has made buckeyes out to be monsters who only bama can compete with. Still think it pretty likely drop 1 game this season, why not this one that wouldn’t effect their playoff chances at all!

I’m scared to even take the points, it is tempting tho. Everyone and everything I have read, listened to, saw, has made buckeyes out to be monsters who only bama can compete with. Still think it pretty likely drop 1 game this season, why not this one that wouldn’t effect their playoff chances at all!
Bucks will lose tp Clemson if they meet in the playoff. This line is preposterous.

Mybookie shows Ball St +1625. Others show anywhere from +8000 (5dimes) to 6510 to 4218 (pinnacle)

Mybookie has ULM +3400. Couple other +20000 (5dimes) to 16490 (Heritage/Wagerweb).

You can see the listing at bookmakersreview.com

Bucks will lose tp Clemson if they meet in the playoff. This line is preposterous.

I’m not sure bout that, the losing to clemson part, Until DJ shows me something I will continue to be skeptical. I don’t care how good tigers dline is, you gonna have to score to beat osu!! I think clemson running game could be fantastic but it falls back on DJ again as he gonna have to show he can make plays in the passing game or teams will just load up the box and squash that shit.

@JROCK1966

early line has UC Davis +21.5 / 44 vs Cal

Some others of note to me...

Delaware +16 vs Navy, Nicholls +10 vs South Alabama, SE La +14.5 vs Louisiana, Mercer +31.5 vs Auburn

Would Iowa potentially be in trouble vs South Dakota State (+15.5) or Air Force possibly get tripped up vs Northern Iowa (+14)?

Those are 5dimes lines. They will adjust quite a bit as other books post them and ultimately by the time anyone posts actual ML odds on those.

• Wow
Reactions: KJ
I think Iowa and Nebraska might be in trouble.

That Cal line makes it seem like they're the '86 Bears defense.

Delaware and SELA look ripe, UNI on that key number could be good considering the running clock although didn't AFA throw it quite a bit last year?

@JROCK1966

Delaware +16 vs Navy, Nicholls +10 vs South Alabama, SE La +14.5 vs Louisiana, Mercer +31.5 vs Auburn

Would Iowa potentially be in trouble vs South Dakota State (+15.5) or Air Force possibly get tripped up vs Northern Iowa (+14)?

Those are 5dimes lines. They will adjust quite a bit as other books post them and ultimately by the time anyone posts actual ML odds on those.
What are Maine, EKU, Portland St?

@JROCK1966

Woo-Hoo!! UC-Davis baby!! LFG!!

What are Maine, EKU, Portland St?
Maine was +10, EKU +14.5 and Portland St was +17.5. Since Portland St is Thursday they have ML up on that, +625.

Again, these are 5dimes lines. In a few days when others start posting them the numbers will change a lot. Last week UNLV moved from 18.5 to 23/24. WKU moved from 21.5 to 28/30. SFA moved from 1.5 to 7/8. FSU moved from 37.5 to 43. Alabama St moved from 6 to 1/pk. Mercer opened at 24 on 5dimes and I think it closed over 30. So call it an early indicator that essentially nobody can bet yet.

Woo-Hoo!! UC-Davis baby!! LFG!!

It was way more than I thought it would be. I would've guessed 10-14 range.

Did you see Brett Johnson is out again? Game changer DL that has been revered by PAC 12 followers, but he missed all of 2021 and now will miss 2022 as well.

And I believe I saw the largest ML I ever saw in my life.

Toledo -195,000 !!!!

Long Island +65,000

Put a million on Toledo to win $500 - oh jeez

Maine was +10, EKU +14.5 and Portland St was +17.5. Since Portland St is Thursday they have ML up on that, +625.

Again, these are 5dimes lines. In a few days when others start posting them the numbers will change a lot. Last week UNLV moved from 18.5 to 23/24. WKU moved from 21.5 to 28/30. SFA moved from 1.5 to 7/8. FSU moved from 37.5 to 43. Alabama St moved from 6 to 1/pk. Mercer opened at 24 on 5dimes and I think it closed over 30. So call it an early indicator that essentially nobody can bet yet.
Year-end Sagarin numbers were 10.5, 14, and 13.5.

Played this one....3, 4, & 5-teamer RR with:

New Mexico St. +250
Charlotte +235
Illinois +150
Old Dominion +275
Temple +220
Risked $32 ($2 per Parlay) to Win $2,455.38

BOLTA!!

:sportsfanfinger:
I like Illinois, and I'm coming around on Temple. Is that NMSU number right?

South Dakota State is ranked #2 FCS preseason. They have beat North Dakota State the last two times they played (spring and fall '21). Dual threat QB who played spring '21 but missed fall, Gronkowski is expected back at QB (call it 9 games played, hurt game 10 in FCS Title game early 1st Q - 1565 PY, 57% 15-3 ratio, 577 RY 7.0ypc 7 rush TD). They do lose 3 OL starters, but Phil Steele has 2 OL as 1st/2nd Tm FCS AA and Hero Sports has two of their OL (Greenfield and Mcormick) as two of the top 5 OL in the nation. Plus they have NFL caliber TE, in fact their top 4 receivers return for the second straight year! While they lose their #1 RB (draft to NE) they have #2 Davis back who ran for 640 in spring '21 and 701 in fall '21 as the #2 and ran for over 7.0 ypc both seasons

Two good DLs are back (Winkleman and Sanders), LB Brock is an AA. DBs are not anything great and special teams might be average-ish.

From Hero Sports:

2. South Dakota State

This is arguably SDSU’s most talented team it’s ever had coming off of a trip to the semifinals. The front seven will be loaded, starting with one of the best returning FCS linebackers in Adam Bock. Reece Winkelman and Caleb Sanders are veterans on a deep d-line, one of the more underrated position groups for a team to make a deep playoff run. SDSU’s secondary needs to get better if it wants to return to Frisco, though. The offense has a chance to be special. The spring’s MVFC Offensive Player of the Year Mark Gronowski is back at QB after missing last season with a knee injury suffered early in the spring national title game. He has his two top WRs returning in Jaxon and Jadon Janke along with TE Tucker Kraft, who is an NFL Draft prospect. SDSU has developed its o-line to be one of the better units in the FCS, and they’ll be blocking for All-American RB Isaiah Davis.

They are playing Iowa. It has been a while, but Iowa has struggled vs some of these top level FCS teams. Iowa is just 3-6 ATS vs FCS since 2009.

Among B1G teams, Iowa was #13 in O TY last year (303.7). They only averaged 23.4 ppg on O, which puts them in about the bottom 1/3 of the B1G. It's an Iowa O...is Petras going to be better? The OL will be good because it's Iowa, but right off the bat in game 1, they will be worse than last year (lost two best OL including 1st Rd pick).

For Iowa, it's always the D and I never really question the D. It looks typical Iowa again this year.

Usually the games they win big in, it just kind of slowly happens. Like Kent St last year 30-7, was only 16-7 HT. They beat Colorado State 24-14, CSU led 7-0 and Iowa led 14-7 HT. South Dakota State beat CSU week 1 last year 42-23 and really just mauled them. Gronkowski returning at QB for SD State should make them better on O that LY. D, I don't know, maybe about the same. Anyway, back to Iowa...SD State might be one of the best teams Iowa plays all season outside of Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin. Sagarin has them rated 68.9 and Iowa 80.71.

Upsets happen, it's hard to get ahead of all of them. But early line has this at 15.5, certainly looks attractive at over 2 TDs. Iowa was a DD fav 5x last year, lost 1 straight up and only covered 1 (avg score 22.2-16).

Merrimack upset ranked Holy Cross on the road last year as +2750 ML dogs 35-21. Merrimack did have a pick-six, but game was not a fluke as Merrimack outgained them by 91y. HC was just 1-of-7 on 3rd down. Possible explanation, as odd as it might sound, was that Holy Cross was off their first win vs FBS since 2002 the week prior when they beat UConn. So they may've been feeling a little too good about themselves.

No doubt that result was not supposed to happen. Holy Cross advanced to round 2 of the playoff and Merrimack is just in year two of D2 to FCS transition. All the primary players return for this year's game except for HC's alternating QB (the better runner returns) while Merrimack has some OL loses, HC is weaker on the DL.

Phil Steele has these kinds of things to say:

Merrimack QB Elliot (year 2 starting here, gained experience at LaTech prior) "should be Merrimack's first 3,000 yard passer during their FCS era"

Merrimack RBs "get 3 of their top 4 back"

Merrimack WRs "this has the makings of the top WR unit in the conference [NEC]"

Merrimack OL "only 2 starters return making this their least experienced group on offense"

Merrimack DL "8 saw starting action last year and all 8 return" "with excellent depth they could approach the level they played in '19"

Merrimack LBs "all 3 starters are seniors so this is their most experienced unit on defense"

Merrimack DBs "this is once again their strength and is in the running for top secondary in the conference"

Merrimack ST "they can't possibly get less from their kicking game so they only have one way to go and their return men all are back"

Conclusion "...an older roster with 15 seniors and 18 starters back"

Holy Cross "they lose Siderman (more accurate passer). They are in better shape and Sluka is the best running QB in the conference"

Holy Cross RBs "this year their top 4 RBs return"

Holy Cross WRs - misprint incomplete paragraph ?

Holy Cross OL "right there with Fordham for the top OL in the conference"

Holy Cross DL "two starters return. They are less experienced but still among the brest Dlines in the Patriot"

Holy Cross LBs "get back Dobbs (3rd Tm FCS AA), #2 tackler Liam Anderson and Doran (#3 tackler). Dobbs was the Patriot's D POY"

Holy Cross DBs "Once again this is the Patriot's best secondary"

Holy Cross ST "once again this is the top ST;s unit in the Patriot"

Holy Cross will surely be out for revenge. But is Merrimack an improving team and the task of wanting revenge might not be so easy? This line opened I think about 17.5 and has been bet up to 21.5 at BetRivers with a +1100 ML on the Warriors (although 5dimes is showing 18.5).

I think I just found a new game to watch Friday night! Thinking this year's game could be lower scoring as well (last year 56 combined pts with a total of 50.5-52, this year's total currently at 47 BetRivers, but 5dimes is showing 51.5). Holy Cross had the #1 Total D FCS last year.

Last edited:
South Dakota State is ranked #2 FCS preseason. They have beat North Dakota State the last two times they played (spring and fall '21). Dual threat QB who played spring '21 but missed fall, Gronkowski is expected back at QB (call it 9 games played, hurt game 10 in FCS Title game early 1st Q - 1565 PY, 57% 15-3 ratio, 577 RY 7.0ypc 7 rush TD). They do lose 3 OL starters, but Phil Steele has 2 OL as 1st/2nd Tm FCS AA and Hero Sports has two of their OL (Greenfield and Mcormick) as two of the top 5 OL in the nation. Plus they have NFL caliber TE, in fact their top 4 receivers return for the second straight year! While they lose their #1 RB (draft to NE) they have #2 Davis back who ran for 640 in spring '21 and 701 in fall '21 as the #2 and ran for over 7.0 ypc both seasons

Two good DLs are back (Winkleman and Sanders), LB Brock is an AA. DBs are not anything great and special teams might be average-ish.

From Hero Sports:

They are playing Iowa. It has been a while, but Iowa has struggled vs some of these top level FCS teams. Iowa is just 3-6 ATS vs FCS since 2009.

Among B1G teams, Iowa was #13 in O TY last year (303.7). They only averaged 23.4 ppg on O, which puts them in about the bottom 1/3 of the B1G. It's an Iowa O...is Petras going to be better? The OL will be good because it's Iowa, but right off the bat in game 1, they will be worse than last year (lost two best OL including 1st Rd pick).

For Iowa, it's always the D and I never really question the D. It looks typical Iowa again this year.

Usually the games they win big in, it just kind of slowly happens. Like Kent St last year 30-7, was only 16-7 HT. They beat Colorado State 24-14, CSU led 7-0 and Iowa led 14-7 HT. South Dakota State beat CSU week 1 last year 42-23 and really just mauled them. Gronkowski returning at QB for SD State should make them better on O that LY. D, I don't know, maybe about the same. Anyway, back to Iowa...SD State might be one of the best teams Iowa plays all season outside of Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin. Sagarin has them rated 68.9 and Iowa 80.71.

Upsets happen, it's hard to get ahead of all of them. But early line has this at 15.5, certainly looks attractive at over 2 TDs. Iowa was a DD fav 5x last year, lost 1 straight up and only covered 1 (avg score 22.2-16).
Under. Iowa has gone under (by an average of 14 points) in each of the last 10 games before Iowa State when not favored by more than 25.

Last edited:
Tough tough tough night for ML dogs. I only played one, WVU.

Close but no cigar:
WVU (+230) was right there, led often, lost on pick-six, nearly got down to the P1 on 4th down pass but incomplete
Purdue (+145) also right there, tough loss
St Francis (+595) was right there, led at HT, came back in the 4th, to tie late, but lost in OT when they threw INT in EZ.
Bryant (+300) was better team for most of 3Q, lost in OT. FIU was down to their last out on 4th down several times and managed to pull it out.
North Alabama (+150) was grossly outgained at HT, but led 7-6 (two Ind St FGs and INT set up N Bama TD). Still, this game went to OT where Indiana State won it.

Rhode Island (+104) was a short dog, or pick 'em at some, who won outright. As was New Hampshire (+105).

Samford (+360) would be the biggest upset tonight at home vs top 10 ranked Kennesaw.

Portland St is a +1250 dog that is hanging tough right now.

Tough tough tough night for ML dogs. I only played one, WVU.

Close but no cigar:
WVU (+230) was right there, led often, lost on pick-six, nearly got down to the P1 on 4th down pass but incomplete
Purdue (+145) also right there, tough loss
St Francis (+595) was right there, led at HT, came back in the 4th, to tie late, but lost in OT when they threw INT in EZ.
Bryant (+300) was better team for most of 3Q, lost in OT. FIU was down to their last out on 4th down several times and managed to pull it out.
North Alabama (+150) was grossly outgained at HT, but led 7-6 (two Ind St FGs and INT set up N Bama TD). Still, this game went to OT where Indiana State won it.

Rhode Island (+104) was a short dog, or pick 'em at some, who won outright. As was New Hampshire (+105).

Samford (+360) would be the biggest upset tonight at home vs top 10 ranked Kennesaw.

Portland St is a +1250 dog that is hanging tough right now.
I didn't like any of 'em yesterday either and stayed away....I've come full circle on the Buffs at home tonight and think they won't even cover the spread so obviously not playing them. Still think Temple, ODU, and Illini have a shot though.

My book BAS sucks...am getting offered zero FCS MLs and no MLs currently offered any FBS spread over 18pts. Like I said this sucks.

:mad:

What the hell...let's play. Wagered a bit more of my lunch money for some fun. Even though I think they won't cover, I went ahead and said fuck it and added the Buffs because anything can happen in a Friday night home game....season opener no less! Adding 2 & 3-teamer RR with:

Temple +280
Old Dominion +200
Colorado +375
Risked $18.12 ($4.53 per parlay) to Win $425.12

BOLTA!!

What the hell...let's play. Wagered a bit more of my lunch money for some fun. Even though I think they won't cover, I went ahead and said fuck it and added the Buffs because anything can happen in a Friday night home game....season opener no less! Adding 2 & 3-teamer RR with:

Temple +280
Old Dominion +200
Colorado +375
Risked $18.12 ($4.53 per parlay) to Win $425.12

BOLTA!!

Odu was only one tonight i really considered (I can’t play Illinios), Think 2marro we be able to put some good pups together!!

Did some searching and had to open 2 new accounts to find it but I finally got the wager placed I wanted to place. Adding 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR with these 4:

ODU +200
Oregon +560
UC-Davis +760
Georgia St. +360
Risked $24.00 ($2.00 per Parlay) to Win $3,199.01

BOLTA!!

Did some searching and had to open 2 new accounts to find it but I finally got the wager placed I wanted to place. Adding 2, 3, & 4-teamer RR with these 4:

ODU +200
Oregon +560
UC-Davis +760
Georgia St. +360
Risked $24.00 ($2.00 per Parlay) to Win $3,199.01

BOLTA!!

I know it crazy but I’m kinda feeling the ducks also! Quack quack!

i have $10 on that Merrimack ML $10 to win 120 at DK.

I also played South Dakota St ML at Bet Rivers for $50, but they flagged it? Saying there was a max of like $38? Gave me the option to submit original $50 for "review", which I guess they allowed. LOL, testing bet limits on a $50 wager.

No way there isn’t any drop off in play by the dawgs defense…they lost too much. They may be still as talented but someone is going to blow a coverage or two….

Yea, especially early in year I’d think the time to get them. Ducks got a pretty damn good oline, I think ppl hard on Nix but he fits what this oc wants to do perfectly, he was one the best in country in those mid to deep throws, he passed for like 270 on Uga last year (only got 10 points but still!). Ducks d ain’t no slouches either. I love the points, I don’t think it be the craziest thing ever if they won. I’ll prob play Uga tt un35.5 also.

Back