Wednesday MLB Discussion Thread

Not sure why reds continue being this size of favs? I certainly don’t expect cards to continue raking like they have been since arriving in cincy, if anything their mo in previous years has been to score very little after a outburst like they had Tuesday.

That said mahle doesn’t throw much in the way of offspeed so he a good matchup for cards bats. I dunno if Mahle has figured something out this year vs lefties but he holding them to a sub .600 ops and lefties used to be a real problem for him. Anyone know if he pitching them differently than years past? Or is it just a outlier waiting to correct itself?

Crazy as it sounds I kinda expect cards offense to continue producing while they in this bandbox. Oviedo has pretty good stuff, command normally his issue, it hasn’t been horrible in his 2 starts but not great either. Reds offense the one which really struggling, hard to pass up the plus money.

Braves keep getting cheaper every game of the series, don’t love this pitching matchup but still hard to pass them up despite not hitting lefties very well this year. Well I just saw Perez scratched, no clue who this guy sox throwing is? Bottom line is it doesn’t really matter, if the starter can’t go more than 4-5 innings Braves gonna continue teeing off on sox garbage pen. This kickham guy hasn’t made a start so can’t imagine he going deep into the game. At only -125 don’t even really need the run line here but why not play it anyways?

I don’t see much reason not to play tigers again. Brewers have no business laying these prices.

I’ll most likely lay the 1.5 with pads. Really think that line should be way closer to -200 but for some reason halo’s get far more respect than they deserve. Can’t see Teheran getting through pads lineup twice without getting clobbered, then of course halo’s pen won’t fare any better.

Not sure why reds continue being this size of favs? I certainly don’t expect cards to continue raking like they have been since arriving in cincy, if anything their mo in previous years has been to score very little after a outburst like they had Tuesday.

That said mahle doesn’t throw much in the way of offspeed so he a good matchup for cards bats. I dunno if Mahle has figured something out this year vs lefties but he holding them to a sub .600 ops and lefties used to be a real problem for him. Anyone know if he pitching them differently than years past? Or is it just a outlier waiting to correct itself?

Crazy as it sounds I kinda expect cards offense to continue producing while they in this bandbox. Oviedo has pretty good stuff, command normally his issue, it hasn’t been horrible in his 2 starts but not great either. Reds offense the one which really struggling, hard to pass up the plus money.

Mahle is throwing his cutter a lot more this year to lefties (18% usage rate this year vs 7% last year) and this is a really effective pitch for him. Lefties bat .000 against it lol. His FIP vs lefties is much lower than it was last year (from 5.99 last year to 4.65 this year) altho his xfip is higher (4.90 last year to 5.21 this year).

Montgomery -129 for me. Morton been off all year and not expecting him to suddenly come off the DL and look good again. Like I said, not fun betting against the Devil Rays, but I think this line should be closer to -140

Montgomery -129 for me. Morton been off all year and not expecting him to suddenly come off the DL and look good again. Like I said, not fun betting against the Devil Rays, but I think this line should be closer to -140

what happened yesterday between those 2? I caught the middle/end of some rant by tampons manager talking bout he has a stable of guys throwing 98 to throw at yanks hitters!! Lol.

what happened yesterday between those 2? I caught the middle/end of some rant by tampons manager talking bout he has a stable of guys throwing 98 to throw at yanks hitters!! Lol.

Didn’t see all of it. Just saw Chapman gives a 101 MPH brushback

Mahle is throwing his cutter a lot more this year to lefties (18% usage rate this year vs 7% last year) and this is a really effective pitch for him. Lefties bat .000 against it lol. His FIP vs lefties is much lower than it was last year (from 5.99 last year to 4.65 this year) altho his xfip is higher (4.90 last year to 5.21 this year).

it be interesting to see how it plays Vs cards, they struggle with sliders but I dunno if his cutter has that type of movement (some guys are hard to distinguish one from the other). He didn’t fare very well vs us a few weeks back. Reds offense is really sputtering, they just about buried considering where they at and only having 24 more games! Cards could really start driving some nails in their coffin if they sweep today!

I havnt really had a chance to watch this Oviedo kid as of yet. You would think he get more swing and miss with his stuff, control obviously his biggest problem, much like coors you do not wanna walk guys in this park!!

Has the NL figured the book out on CASTELLANOS? He been pretty garbage the last several weeks after getting off to that blazing start! He still sporting a ops right around .900 but that just speaks to how hot he was early on, he has done next to no damage lately, hit into several dp’s this series.

Wong has been punishing reds for shifting on him, his bat control been great as he simply hitting the ball wherever reds leave a hole, i assume the numbers say to shift on him but I think it a horrible idea/makes his job of getting on base way easier for him! I would play him straight up but reds have moved all over during his ab’s.

dejong looks to be rounding back into form, between the quarantine then coming down with Covid himself he was off for a month essentially so ya knew it was gonna take him a little time but he seems to be back up to speed! I dunno if miller can continue raking? He had cooled off but went nuts yesterday. At some point I’d like to see Dejung back in the cleanup spot despite the balance Miller provides with his lefty bat behind goldy. Goldy seeing the ball much better than any point last season, I gotta think the power numbers are coming!

as you can see despite knowing cards have a tendency to be terrible after a outburst like yesterday I’m not so sure that happens today. At some point they gonna have to admit to themselves they made a huge mistake with the carpenter extension a year early and give up on him. I imagine They gotta let Carlson continue playing despite his struggles, it hurts having him and carp down at bottom of the order!! Fowler has actually been our most productive guy in the bottom 3rd of lineup! Yadi banging out singles but that bout it, still like havinv him up with risp cause he one of very few guys I trust to actually put the ball in play!!

Last thing. I would like to see cards put Carlson in the 2 hole in front of goldy for a few games and see what happens. They gotta try to get him going!! Putting him in front of goldy should get him more fastballs to hit! I havnt looked at the numbers but just eye test it seems like teams are throwing a ungodly amount of sliders to him. Also seems like he has guys all over the bases for a ton of his ab’s and he one the guys who has not been able to get runners home from 3rd with less than 2 outs (he certainly isn’t the only one!). Maybe it odd to put a guy struggling so much in the 2 hole but we all know he can hit, we need to do something to put him into the best position to do so cause right now he a huge liability at bottom of the order!!

Just keep fading the Brewers. Give me Detroit +152 all day.

getting plus money vs milw and cincy sure seems like the way to go every time we get the chance!! think i prefer 1st 5 against milw as they def have a decided edge in the pen.

getting plus money vs milw and cincy sure seems like the way to go every time we get the chance!! think i prefer 1st 5 against milw as they def have a decided edge in the pen.

You make a fair point that the only strength of the Brewers is the pen. I think the Brewers are the second worst team in the NL yet they continue to be favored as if the roster isn't terrible.

You make a fair point that the only strength of the Brewers is the pen. I think the Brewers are the second worst team in the NL yet they continue to be favored as if the roster isn't terrible.

im assuming pirates the team you have below them? my 1st thought that was just your disgruntled fan in you talking but kinda hard to make the case they better than any other team. maybe the snakes.

im assuming pirates the team you have below them? my 1st thought that was just your disgruntled fan in you talking but kinda hard to make the case they better than any other team. maybe the snakes.

Pirates and probably San Francisco have worse rosters. Yes I am extremely disgruntled but I watch this team every night and its the worst lineup in at least 10 years. The bullpen is top notch when you subtract the garbage at the end of the roster but its all they have.

Its not helping that Yelich has changed his name to Mendoza and Hiura who looked like a future star is hitting like Rob Deer but the majority of the lineup is just terrible players. What Stearns did last offseason was shockingly bad and is making me think he is headed down the Jon Daniels path of going from a genius to an idiot overnight.

ended up with a huge card, think this most plays ive made in one night all season! lol

det ff +135
cws +146
cards+135
balty +136
pads -1.5
pads/atl/lad ml parlay

muts/balty ov10
tb/nyy ov 9
atl/bos ov11

arz/lad ff u4
mia/tor ff u3.5
Nats/phils Ff u4

think that it, for mlb anyways, lol..

well shoot, thought I posted this this afternoon But when I came in I see it sitting waiting to be posted.

So glad cards keep sticking with carp, dude is straight up garbage at the plate and it weakens our defense considerably having him at 3rd and edman in the freaking outfield. So sick of cards payroll politics.

freaking 8-9 hitters only ones who could touch Oviedo.

Pirates and probably San Francisco have worse rosters. Yes I am extremely disgruntled but I watch this team every night and its the worst lineup in at least 10 years. The bullpen is top notch when you subtract the garbage at the end of the roster but its all they have.

Its not helping that Yelich has changed his name to Mendoza and Hiura who looked like a future star is hitting like Rob Deer but the majority of the lineup is just terrible players. What Stearns did last offseason was shockingly bad and is making me think he is headed down the Jon Daniels path of going from a genius to an idiot overnight.

dude, yelich still sporting above .800 ops and seems like he been much better lately. id kill to have any outfielder producing like he is right now and you know it get better. You can have any cards outfielders for him!!

that be great if cards weren’t busy fucking me at same time. Blow the bases juiced 1 out then of course give game away the bottom of inning. They no better than milw I promise!!

We play each other 10 times so we will see once and for all which one of our teams sucks more. I predict you win at least 7 out of 10.

We play each other 10 times so we will see once and for all which one of our teams sucks more. I predict you win at least 7 out of 10.

lmao. Maybe. Our starting pitching is def stronger. I predict I’ll take whoever dogs a lot! Lol

I did not realize they were gonna pull buehler after 70 freaking pitches. Snakes been a good bet had i realized that was going on.

Back