Wednesday MLB Discussion Thread

Considering: Detroit over, Oakland ML, Cincy over, Tejas ML, SD ML

Why has Boyd been so bad? Wasn’t he like one the most sought after starters on the trade market last year? I don’t really see any indicators for why his k’s down almost 4 per 9? His velo and pitch mix pretty consistent with previous seasons. Looks like guys taking a lot less his pitches in the zone, swinging strike rate 4% lower than last year but close to ‘18 numbers, his 1st pitch strikes are down quite a bit which could explain a lot, obviously easier to pitch ahead in the count, but why he not getting the 1st pitch strike?

Why has Boyd been so bad? Wasn’t he like one the most sought after starters on the trade market last year? I don’t really see any indicators for why his k’s down almost 4 per 9? His velo and pitch mix pretty consistent with previous seasons. Looks like guys taking a lot less his pitches in the zone, swinging strike rate 4% lower than last year but close to ‘18 numbers, his 1st pitch strikes are down quite a bit which could explain a lot, obviously easier to pitch ahead in the count, but why he not getting the 1st pitch strike?
Batters this year have been getting ahead of him in the count and he’s been getting wrecked by it

Cease hasn’t been great either but think there signs of better things to come although his walks are concerning and in his young career he has struggled in day games. Tigers been way better hitting lefties so that bodes well for him. Chisox raking lefty pitching as well which doesn’t bode as well for Boyd. Unlike cease Boyd has been much better during the day throughout his career.

I dunno why I can’t find umps for shit this year, stat fox don’t have them up yet, when I click on ump on covers matchup page it shows me injuries, lol. Wtf??

Def lean over in Detroit, just need to find fucking ump. Sure feels like a good chance at least one those starters struggles if not both.

Looks like I’ll be sitting out the day games. Just not enough of an edge to pull the trigger on anything. Leaned White Sox but can’t play at -130

Looks like I’ll be sitting out the day games. Just not enough of an edge to pull the trigger on anything. Leaned White Sox but can’t play at -130

Cease daytime numbers scare me. I like the over, gotta figure at least one these guys gets rocked.

Weaver has been pretty awful thus far. The schedule hasn’t did him any favors with pads seeing him twice already and lad sprinkled in middle, it doesn’t get any easier today at coors! Just can’t trust him right now!

On the other hand Senzatela has been really good. He has altered his pitch mix throwing less fastballs in exchange for more change, curves, and sliders which looks to be a smart move as those pitches all rate pretty strong. Seems to me like a pitching mismatch, Senzatela struggled vs snakes last season but think the change in pix mix will serve him well here. Price is right to back Rox Ff.

In other news can anyone get out Blackmon right now? Dude is a freaking hitting machine! Gallen was mowing Rox down but every time Blackmon came up the inning was extended, he what lead to the 2 run bomb by arenado to beat my snakes Ff play.

Low and behold, Boyd pitching from behind then gets ahead and gives up a bomb to Anderson

Something looked wrong with Canning his last start. He started off well vs rangers then got into a little trouble in 3rd or 4th (can’t remember). Then he got a would be inning ending double play ball that was booted then the wheels feel totally off. That happens at times but the concerning thing was his velo dropped dramatically in a hurry! He was scared to throw a fastball and he lost all the bite he had on his slider that had looked nasty up to that point. He was really laboring and fuck nuts madden left him out there way to long imo since it was so obvious there was more going on than just getting rattled!! Very curious to see how he looks here but I think smart money would fade him off those very scary indicators!

Don’t love the price but think phillies will mash Leblanc. Ff -.5 -130 for me.

Fish/jays Ff u4.5. Just gonna keep fading jays offense and think Pearson should mow down the fish for 5 innings.

Kissed my sister at coors. Sucks cause snakes didn’t hit one ball hard in 5th and still score 3 runs. At least I’m done with this game. Lol

Of course White Sox winner and Dbacks up 4. The one time I decide to sit out day action..

Took

Pearson -167
Gsellman -115

Of course White Sox winner and Dbacks up 4. The one time I decide to sit out day action..

Took

Pearson -167
Gsellman -115

I’m so pissed I didn’t hit sox live but I was late getting to it and went from +209 to +170 after 1st hit in their big inning so I left alone hoping Boyd would get thru inning and price go back up. No such luck. Terrible luck to push the Ff on rox, if you were on snakes you be sweating right bout now! Lol. No lead safe at this park!

Ff under in Toronto for me. Asking for to much juice to back Pearson with that anemic offense I don’t trust to score much.

I’m so pissed I didn’t hit sox live but I was late getting to it and went from +209 to +170 after 1st hit in their big inning so I left alone hoping Boyd would get thru inning and price go back up. No such luck. Terrible luck to push the Ff on rox, if you were on snakes you be sweating right bout now! Lol. No lead safe at this park!

Ff under in Toronto for me. Asking for to much juice to back Pearson with that anemic offense I don’t trust to score much.

yep. Brutal start for both of us. 2 outs none on and the 2 out walk turns into 3 runs (and maybe more)

Jfc. Jays offense doing exactly what we have come to expect. Sure didnt see fish unloading on Pearson like that. So much for that Ff under.

Which Taijuan walker will we see tonight? I’d love to fade lyles but I never know how walker gonna pitch?

Back