Wednesday Injury News

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
If you have anything to add or correct, by all means do so.

Sources of info are especially helpful. Most of this comes from Donbest's injury report. If someone new is "questionable" and the line moves 2 points, well, that appears to me that he's out...yet there are days like Monday when everyone thinks CWebb and Rip are going to play til the last hour before gametime.

Atlanta @ Charlotte

Zaza Pachulia is Questionable with an illness. Nothing more recent in the AJC as of right now.

Derek Anderson is expected to miss.
Felton is upgraded to probable.
Sean May is expected to miss.
Emeka Okafor is upgraded to probable.
Gerald Wallace remains questionable.

My guess is that Wallace will play and May and Anderson won't.

Miami @ Toronto

Wade and Kapono are the only ones listed for Miami.

Bargnani is still sitting out...obviously.
If you missed it, Garbajosa had a catastrophic leg injury last game. He's expected to miss the rest of the season.
Juan Dixon is questionable with a neck issue, but who cares?

I hate that my dog value is flowing away. They're talking like they will adapt and manage, but this is the second significant forward they've lost...and Bosh can't do everything.

I think the Heat will be winning tonight. May actually play it, too...

Magic @ Celtics

Orlando Miraculously has no one on the injured list.

Scalabrine is out tonight...hoping the return on the 4th. heh.
Olowakandi, Wally, Tony Allen, and Theo Ratliffe all out for the season.

There has been talk of Paul Pierce shutting down for the season, but that doesn't look likely to me. They want to fuck over the Magic, apparently.

Here's an interesting take on alternative statline reading in Boston...

Cavaliers @ Knicks

Cavs should brutalize the Knicks in their playoff mode. Sorry NYK fans. Cleveland is 11-2 ATS in its last 13 games on the road. They continue getting short lines...

Cleveland has no one on the Injury List, and Boobie was hitting shots last night. So was Zydrunas. That's a tough team to beat when they're hitting outside jumpers as well as slashing to the hoop.

Q is expected to miss, and may be done for the season.
David Lee is downgraded to Out Indefintely

Kelvin Cato is.............who?

Apparently the shared syphilis has left the team. Curry and Steve Francis are well again, and Steve is even annoyed at only getting 12 minutes last game.

will be back with more later. gotta leave the park now...

Pacers @ Nets

Jermaine O'Neal is probable but not 100% tonight. He has GOT to be tired, and I saw him limping some last night.
Jeff Foster is also Questionable cus of his back. Can't find anything on that.

Cliff Robinson is Questionable with an illness.
Eddie House is Questionable with Food Poisoning.

This should be an entertaining game with both teams struggling for a playoff spot.

consider this:
Indiana is 2-5-2 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Indiana is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing New Jersey
Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing New Jersey

Hornets @ Spurs

Bobby Jackson is expected to Miss
Peja Stoyockavitch is expected to miss (surprise!)

Robert Horry missed last game and is Questionable for tonight's. Here's Why. Props to Cpt. Slap.

edit...damn them for changing it from He's Old! to "injury"...

Bucks @ Mavericks

Bogut, Villanueva, Gadzuric are all out.
Maurice Williams is questionable with a respiratory infection.

Said guard Charlie Bell: "It's tough right now. Now, Mo wasn't playing tonight. We're fighting as hard as we can and doing the best we can. . . . It's just tough. Every night it's somebody or some injury. Or a sickness. It's been one of those kinds of years."

Dallas's Depth appears to be healthy again. Fade with caution.

Supersonics @ Nuggets

For any who missed it, Ray Allen hung up his sneakers for the season a few games ago. Since then, Seattle has sucked absolute ass...though Minny managed to suck more last night.

It is not on the list, but just so you know...

Rashard Lewis was inconspicuous at practice Monday.

The Sonics forward sat with an ice pack on his back, wondering if he would play, yet not admitting to pain. With All-Star teammate Ray Allen out for the season because of ankle injuries, Lewis didn't feel he had a choice.

He forced himself to suit up Tuesday, and then watched the Minnesota Timberwolves build a huge lead. Lewis' back just wouldn't warm up — until coach Bob Hill struck a chord at halftime.

Nuggets only have Eduardo Najera on the injury list. He's questionable, and the Nuggets sportspage is focusing on the Detroit loss the other day. Heh.

Timberwovles @ Jazz

Utah is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
Utah is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Minnesota is 1-8-1 ATS in its last 10 games
Minnesota is 1-9-1 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
Minnesota is 1-12 SU in its last 13 games on the road

This should be another comical adventure.

Minny's injury list is clear.

Utah only has Giricek on their list. Looks like a healthy game.

Rockets @ Clippers

Chuck Hayes is doubtful.
Juwan Howard is Questionable (no idea here)
Bonzi Wells is questionable (don't hold your breath on seeing him)
Deke is Questionable (and should return soon according to the article I linked above)

Sam Cassell missed last game and is questionable. Would NOT surprise me to see him or not. Hart's been playing pretty well. And Corey Maggette has been a beast.

Sounds like T-Mac's going to be playing 40 minutes per game for the rest of the season. This will be good for the Rockets unless he goes 5 of 25...because he may very well get 30 shots per night.....He MUST get 25 to 30pts per game plus several assists with that many opportunities.

Back