Wednesday Discussion Thread

Gausman dogged would be nice, but doubt that happens

first look arrieta seems high and i again like BOS as Richards has been good lately after the poor start. Dolis didn't look great today in relief albeit a blowout, wonder if he goes b2b directly off an IL stint

Eflin - 1.83

Ohtani won't be getting DH'd tomrorow right? I think his last start he was and then he moved to the outfield or something like that?

Eflin - 1.83

Ohtani won't be getting DH'd tomrorow right? I think his last start he was and then he moved to the outfield or something like that?

i thought once he was taken out of the game pitching he was done with everything for the night. Maybe he could have moved into the DH role, but i don't think you can add a DH you can only lose it

i thought once he was taken out of the game pitching he was done with everything for the night. Maybe he could have moved into the DH role, but i don't think you can add a DH you can only lose it
Yea it was the start in TB, I thought he moved to the OF, but he didn’t.

Want to back greinke tomorrow but something doesn’t feel right.

Don't love Mejia hitting 3rd, but i've learned not to question TB. Yarbrough gets outs and so will whoever comes out of the bullpen behind him. Thompson has only worked b3b in the playoffs, not sure he will today. Spring threw 33 yday so not sure about him, Reed 3 of 4 may not go so that zaps a few LHP. Good thing BAL is pretty much all R, though I've been wondering about the Fairbanks and Castillo usage coming off the IL as they have not appeared in the high leverage situations expected. Still, in TB and Cash i trust

Means has been great, but he can't get outs for the bullpen. Lakins had been in some high-pressure situations lately, but after 36 pitches yesterday can't see it tonight. Armstrong closed a bit in 2019 and he also threw 36 yesterday, bet they stay away from him too. Fry and Scott still from the LHP side, then the changeup closer Valdez to close it out late. He blew the one opportunity i've had with him, not sure he can live on 83 mph only.

Means does have the benefit of not getting pinch-hit for tonight, though even great numbers vs TB would make it hard for me to stay away from the far better team dogged

Stripling's last start looked good, but @ ATL doesn't carry the same weight when you consider how poor they've been besides Acuna this season. Only 5ip means the Jays bullpen will be called upon to cover many outs, and that's if Stripling delivers a lead. Richards season turned around after a poor performance vs these Jays, 4.2IP only 2 k since then four good outings though only OAK could be considered a good offense.

Went on and on about the bullpen advantage to BOS yesterday, expect everyone to be available but not sure Dolis is ready for high-leverage yet. Chatwood to Romano looks like 8-9, still not a huge fan.

Waiting on lineups, but again 45%-ish to win this one based on the line and this feels like a coinflip. Trust BOS to hold a lead if tight late, or even win a battle in extras thanks to the bullpen depth

Yang throwing for Texas tonight. He’s the lefty from the Kia tigers of the KBO

I'm not sure who was worse Gilbert or the DET hitters? Schoop might be blind. Gilbert is not ready for the majors.

Back