• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Washington vs. Texas Discussion Thread

I have done absolutely no capping and really havnt given it much thought outside just kinda off the cuff saying how I thought the games would go if my hypothetical scenario w bama winning and committe actually doing the right thing, I didn’t think they have the guts to do this so wasn’t gonna take time on hypothetical. Just my instant 1st thought was if huskies played horns the total would have to be in the 70s! Maybe when I dig into the weeds I’ll change my mind but was little surprised to see 64 and my 1st thought Is over over over! Not that I think either these defenses are bad, I’m sure they will get some stops, the thing is both the offenses are explosive with a capital BIG PLAY POTENTIAL! Not sure where tecas ranks in this regard but im fairly certain huskies hit more explosive plays than anyone In the country! I dunno if texas ranks up there w them but I know texas is every bit as capable. I have a very hard time thinking either team gets held below 35!!! Not only do the have the weapons and trigger men but I think there are 2 of the best play designers in the country! The fact huskies have spent a month developing a physical rushing attack it gonna make them just that much tougher to deal w when they draw the shot plays up. On the other side huskies d been playing better but they been facing a lot these pop gun offenses that dink and dunk, texas will get them in space and take shots over the top and they will be doing so with one on one coverage cause I don’t think huskies can leave their safties back or they wil get gashed in the run game. This gonna be fireworks city!!

Last edited:
This is going to be a great game.

Two damn good QBs.

Plenty of stars on WR.

I have a weird feeling, and this is an early gut feeling, that this one actually starts slow.

This is going to be a great game.

Two damn good QBs.

Plenty of stars on WR.

I have a weird feeling, and this is an early gut feeling, that this one actually starts slow.

I think the total screaming wr should maybe be careful cause I fully expected to see a low 70s! Thing is I don’t disagree could start slow, could be times where the run games grinding, but in the end I really gave a hard time thinking both don’t hit 35.

Just a thought when capping these two playoff games....

CTG seems to have bets on overs here and Alabama as a play of the century as well.

Why did the lines makers not make this total more like 67-69 or Alabama -3/3.5 minimum?

Just a thought when capping these two playoff games....

CTG seems to have bets on overs here and Alabama as a play of the century as well.

Why did the lines makers not make this total more like 67-69 or Alabama -3/3.5 minimum?

Im with you, I just saw the 64 and it made me do a head scratch cause I thought for sure 71-72! That wasn’t any number capping tho, just hop my head thinkng both these teams can score into the 30s. I think it be insane ri call bama play of the century. I just don’t think I can go against them as dogs, certainly not real confident, as I said I thought all year this was finally the time your squad won it. I wouldn’t want to lay 3 in bama game. I just like the idea of playing them as dogs.

If it turns out everyone loves bama that bums me out, what I’ve really enjoyed about betting bama this year is it the 1st time I’ve never had to suroress that square feeling I usually have playing them! I’ve really enjoyed playing them so often and feeling like the minority!!

Does bama ever lose in this round outside the Uga rematch year? Seems like they always win the seni’s

If it turns out everyone loves bama that bums me out, what I’ve really enjoyed about betting bama this year is it the 1st time I’ve never had to suroress that square feeling I usually have playing them! I’ve really enjoyed playing them so often and feeling like the minority!!
Every post on this site and SM is that Bama is an easy bet.

If I've seen 100 opinions so far (not counting UM recruiting sites which is 50/50), I've yet to see a non Bama lean/play.

Not one at all.

I'm very surprised this line hasn't flipped to -1.5 yet.

Every post on this site and SM is that Bama is an easy bet.

If I've seen 100 opinions so far (not counting UM recruiting sites which is 50/50), I've yet to see a non Bama lean/play.

Not one at all.

I'm very surprised this line hasn't flipped to -1.5 yet.

Well that really goes against why I’ve enjoyed betting Bama so much this year! I liked all the bama doubt when I wax playing them vs ol miss, vols, lsu, Uga! 1sr time in my life I’ve been able to bet bama without that uneasy square feeling I hate!! Lol. If that comes back I ain’t gonna want to play them. I might just find a couple props!

Well that really goes against why I’ve enjoyed betting Bama so much this year! I liked all the bama doubt when I wax playing them vs ol miss, vols, lsu, Uga! 1sr time in my life I’ve been able to bet bama without that uneasy square feeling I hate!! Lol. If that comes back I ain’t gonna want to play them. I might just find a couple props!

I wouldn’t worry about a dozen or so people perhaps initially overreacting to an abysmal performance by the UM offense. They’re still #1, pick ‘em sites have them in the 60% range, and everyone remembers Auburn dominating Bama. JJ needs to get healthy and have a terrific game for UM to have any chance. He got away with some bad passes and the last 2 years perhaps they didn’t have the signs but they haven’t competed on the field in the semis.

Reese is a big ? mark too. I don’t think he’s a good OC and they simply rely on massive big plays from Milroe.

I wouldn’t worry about a dozen or so people perhaps initially overreacting to an abysmal performance by the UM offense. They’re still #1, pick ‘em sites have them in the 60% range, and everyone remembers Auburn dominating Bama. JJ needs to get healthy and have a terrific game for UM to have any chance. He got away with some bad passes and the last 2 years perhaps they didn’t have the signs but they haven’t competed on the field in the semis.

Reese is a big ? mark too. I don’t think he’s a good OC and they simply rely on massive big plays from Milroe.

Could be, I’m way to tired to think bout at moment. I’m not sure how good a oc he is? I think he deserves some credit cause at beginning the year it looked awful as it seemed like he was trying to get Milroe to run his offense, think he has done a good job calling ganes to Milroe strengths since he got put back in.

Just my instant 1st thought was if huskies played horns the total would have to be in the 70s! Maybe when I dig into the weeds I’ll change my mind but was little surprised to see 64 and my 1st thought Is over over over! Not that I think either these defenses are bad, I’m sure they will get some stops, the thing is both the offenses are explosive with a capital BIG PLAY POTENTIAL! Not sure where tecas ranks in this regard but im fairly certain huskies hit more explosive plays than anyone In the country! I dunno if texas ranks up there w them but I know texas is every bit as capable. I have a very hard time thinking either team gets held below 35!!! Not only do the have the weapons and trigger men but I think there are 2 of the best play designers in the country! The fact huskies have spent a month developing a physical rushing attack it gonna make them just that much tougher to deal w when they draw the shot plays up. On the other side huskies d been playing better but they been facing a lot these pop gun offenses that dink and dunk, texas will get them in space and take shots over the top and they will be doing so with one on one coverage cause I don’t think huskies can leave their safties back or they wil get gashed in the run game. This gonna be fireworks city!!
that's what they want you to think

What’s the best win by any team in the P12 this season? Washington over Boise? Utah over Florida?

We had a really crappy out of conference schedule this year, in fact, maybe the worst in history. Best wins by conference:

B12 - Texas win at Alabama
B1G - Ohio State win at Notre Dame
ACC - FSU win over LSU
P12 - Utah win over Florida
SEC - Ole Miss win at Tulane

That is an ugly list.

We had a really crappy out of conference schedule this year, in fact, maybe the worst in history. Best wins by conference:

B12 - Texas win at Alabama
B1G - Ohio State win at Notre Dame
ACC - FSU win over LSU
P12 - Utah win over Florida
SEC - Ole Miss win at Tulane

That is an ugly list.
Yeah, I think with the playoff looming we saw a few games being bought out as well. No one wanted to screw themselves.

IMO the winner in Texas vs Washington gets to 34 and loser to perhaps 30? Not be surprised at a 35-28 score for example.

I was hoping for line to move to 68...then I am on the under for a taste

I’d think under money would wait cause I know squares like me thinking over, lol (not that I’m playing it, not sure). If I did find the crazy guys to play under any number I think I’d be waiting to fire at live overs if it happens to start slow! Think that be only way I could contemplate under if my goal was to try to be on both/have a middle.

Maybe they get their revenge against Bama after McCoy got knocked out. They win that game with him, no doubt. #Gilbert
There’s no question. I mean if you extrapolate out the three plays and 9 yards he made it through, plus how he would’ve held both our RBs to less than the 2 bills they put up, I’m not sure Saban would have even brought the team out after halftime

No one will ever know of course but our chances were obviously better with McCoy. Part of the blame goes at the feet of Brown for failing to develop a good running game that season and relying on McCoy on the ground too much. And when you do that inside against Bama and Marcell Dareus it's a recipe for disaster. That loss left Brown with a hangover that he would never overcome, ultimately he got fat and lazy and with two subsequent coaches there was 13 years of mediocrity. Thankfully, that's over.

No one will ever know of course but our chances were obviously better with McCoy. Part of the blame goes at the feet of Brown for failing to develop a good running game that season and relying on McCoy on the ground too much. And when you do that inside against Bama and Marcell Dareus it's a recipe for disaster. That loss left Brown with a hangover that he would never overcome, ultimately he got fat and lazy and with two subsequent coaches there was 13 years of mediocrity. Thankfully, that's over.

You are of course 100% correct. Losing the starting QB that early changed the way both teams play the rest of the game.

And if I’m not mistaken, I believe it is Alabama who has revenge on their mind should they meet again

Especially since many of our current players had yet to start elementary school when that game in Pasadena was played.
Can’t believe it was 14 years ago. I went and had a blast. Such a great venue. Wish I could go this year, but more difficult with wife and kids in the picture than back in those days

Can’t believe it was 14 years ago. I went and had a blast. Such a great venue. Wish I could go this year, but more difficult with wife and kids in the picture than back in those days

Yeah, there really is nothing like the Rose Bowl, especially that game itself which (normally) kicks off at 2:45ish local time. By early 2H the sun is setting and the San Gabriels are glorious in the background. I think I've mentioned but I'm fortunate to have a best friend who is a multi-generational Tournament of Roses member and I've been to all the BCS championship games there and another 5 Rose Bowl games. His seats are on about the 40, 35 rows up. Incredible.

I actually bought a ticket to LA yesterday morning as it felt like it was going to be the Horns / Michigan in Pasadena. Not so. Nice that Expedia is so good with the no-frills cancellation policy within 24 hours.

1701738047210.png

Last edited:
Just read this whole thread and after a few post I then thought I was in the Bama/Mich thread?
Stay on topic here

Not one mention of this being a rematch from a bowl game last year.
Wash 27
Texas 20
So there is some familiarity between these 2 teams going in.

Personally lean Wash + and the under

Not sure where I land on this one yet. I can only really speak intelligently about Texas because 1) we played them earlier and 2) I have family Longhorn fans so I always keep an eye on them

Without knowing much about Washington, here is where I think Texas is strong. It may be an advantage or not, depending on the matchup. Texas is very good on both LOS, especially interior DL. Sweat is an alien. I think their secondary is suspect, so that seems to favor Wash, as long as Penix has time. I think Ewers can be very good, but he is a bit inconsistent. I think the WR are very good to great, and the TE is another one of those freaks who would be considered the toughest matchup in college football if it weren't that alien in Athens.

Having seen it first hand many times, Sark will have an incredible game plan with this much time to prepare. I don't know if it will be enough, and I'm partial to Washington after I bet them last week against those Oregon frauds. I look forward to reading this thread over the next couple of weeks. And I'll try to keep the Bama stuff to the other thread, though there is some crossover because of our familiarity with Sark and Texas

Lot easier to have a blast when you win. Kick in the gut on the flip side. :)

Michigan is hell but I'd have rather played them. Washington is just a very bad matchup because it's built to attack areas where the Horns are especially weak. Our d-line is built to stop the run, and it does. It's not built to rush the passer, and it doesn't. Above and beyond, the secondary play has declined over the season, especially the safeties. There's just, consistently, been a lot of confusion in the back part of the defense over the last half of the season and that's a big concern when you have a QB like Penix with a lot of time and a corp of elite receivers like his (along with ours and Ohio States's, the best in the country). (And there's further secondary issues today with Jaylon Catalon to the portal and Derek Williams' targeting appeal being denied. The hope was that Catalon would get healthy for the semi but a moot point now.)

I'm not sure where a case is made for the under in this game. Washington isn't going to consistently stop Worthy, Mitchell, Whiitington and Sanders as long as Ewers doesn't do dumb things, and he looks to be pretty comfortable with his decision making at the end of the season. Definitely was in the last 2 games.

Mid to high 30's wins I think. I still don't know why the Horns are laying points, though. Seems like a coin flip.

Last edited:
Washington I kinda think is gonna win it all.....guess they were missing few safeties most of season and one of best wideouts ? And weirdly the market took no notice when they came back with that 10 line

I just believe when u have a mid-season lull and escape as washington did....this is a team with very very high peak and very low floor. I mean playing even with stanford and arizona state is indescribable. ........this team was a dead team. Now they are full of life. Biggest momentum team in playoff

The first oregon game they were the less physical team. They completely changed the script. Washington and Florida state impressed me the most last weekend with toughness and physicality of all the teams.

Texas no doubt is overvalued after Texas tech and okie state.

Phenix is the best player in the playoff. When I watch Washington and they are clicking they have the most potential of any team....and they beat Texas in the bowl game last year proving they can match up in the trenches

As far as the *probability* that a given HC will have his team ready to play - and compete for 4Q - I would rank them like this:

Saban > DeBoer > Sark > Harbaugh

ie. - Harbaugh at this point might be regarded as a better HC - but not post season play .... I personally would trust KD to make better in-game adjustments/ not screw things up more so than Sark.

Back