• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Washington vs. Texas Discussion Thread

Not sure where I land on this one yet. I can only really speak intelligently about Texas because 1) we played them earlier and 2) I have family Longhorn fans so I always keep an eye on them

Without knowing much about Washington, here is where I think Texas is strong. It may be an advantage or not, depending on the matchup. Texas is very good on both LOS, especially interior DL. Sweat is an alien. I think their secondary is suspect, so that seems to favor Wash, as long as Penix has time. I think Ewers can be very good, but he is a bit inconsistent. I think the WR are very good to great, and the TE is another one of those freaks who would be considered the toughest matchup in college football if it weren't that alien in Athens.

Having seen it first hand many times, Sark will have an incredible game plan with this much time to prepare. I don't know if it will be enough, and I'm partial to Washington after I bet them last week against those Oregon frauds. I look forward to reading this thread over the next couple of weeks. And I'll try to keep the Bama stuff to the other thread, though there is some crossover because of our familiarity with Sark and Texas
Texas seems like they have enough to win the whole ball of wax except Ewers is hard to trust. You described Texas exactly the way I see them. The LOS might be the big difference in the Sugar Bowl.

Had a chance to digest the Murphy news a little. Ewers is fragile so it's a bit disconcerting. Especially recalling McCoy, Bama and the national championship game.

Not exactly thrilled that Murphy's bolting but I probably need to put myself in his shoes. More so, just wish they didn't open the portal until after the championship game.

Pretty confident, now, that you'll see very little of Ewers running on January 1.

Had a chance to digest the Murphy news a little. Ewers is fragile so it's a bit disconcerting. Especially recalling McCoy, Bama and the national championship game.

Not exactly thrilled that Murphy's bolting but I probably need to put myself in his shoes. More so, just wish they didn't open the portal until after the championship game.

Pretty confident, now, that you'll see very little of Ewers running on January 1.
Yardbarker still has the Cards taking Ewers at #3 lol and they aren't shy about putting it out there

The portal closing on Jan 2 is stupid

Amazing stat I heard this morning on Austin radio. Penix has almost 1,600 pass attempts in his collegiate career. Sacked 31 times. One sack every 52 attempts. That's crazy. And it's not all good o-lines.

As mentioned above, Horns don't rush the passer to begin with. Penix probably stays clean most of the game.

Last edited:
Warming up to Washington +700 to win the NC. I don't understand why they are so heavily dogged as I see these 4 teams as comparable.
I think you could legitimately line every scenario at PK while the only reason one gets skewed off of that is the name on the jersey. It's a very fair final four all around.

I don't understand why they are so heavily dogged as I see these 4 teams as comparable.

Neither do the UW players. See below. Washington will be playing with the same chip on its shoulder that it had in the Pac 12 title game. Sarkisian is going to have to try and generate the same for his team. That will be tough.

This game is a pick. Should have been from the day it got posted and nothing has changed. Washington offense is a bad matchup for the Horns defense. The game will revolve around Ewers ability to go point for point with Penix. He's hot and cold. Been the former, lately.

Last edited:
Media day on Saturday.

Guess who is the Texas starting QB and who the backup is? :)

(Not as bad as it seems. It was Manning's first media availability since arriving at Texas in January. And his name is pretty big in NOLA.)
View attachment 80325
Anyone telling him to not declare for the draft is giving him terrible advice

His value will never be higher. He's a first round pick if he declares.

Anyone telling him to not declare for the draft is giving him terrible advice

His value will never be higher. He's a first round pick if he declares.
Win this thing and he makes good good Texas money on a 1 year

Reactions: KJ
Looks like a back shoulder fade. Ewers didn't throw that route though. Probably some kind of choice route that I don't think Ewers read correctly.

Regardless of whether it was a fade or not Mitchell did nothing to try and drive the DB / create any space. ie., it was a very lazy route.

Back