Wade/Duds 2017 NFL draft BIG BOARD

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
Hearing some rumors Mixon flying up boards

Don't think anyone takes him round one cause of pr

But I can see early round 2, less coverage, some team sneaks it through

Definitely does a lot. He was just very underwhelming in 35-40% of their regular season action running the ball.

I was gonna wait to try and do some rankings but I was too intrigued. I guess this would be my first draft for QB's in order - I feel like ranking 25 QB, RB and WR is do-able and I'll prob do TE's as well but unlikely I will have that many.

2018 Draft Eligible QB:
1.Sam Darnold, USC
2.Austin Allen, Arkansas
3.Mason Rudolph, Ok St

4.Lamar Jackson, Louisville
5.Deandre Francois, FSU
6.Baker Mayfield, OK
7.Trace McSorley, PSU
8.Jake Browning, Washington
9.Josh Rosen, UCLA

10.Logan Woodside, Toledo
11.Riley Ferguson, Memphis
12.Bryan Schor, James Madison

13.Blake Barnett, Arizona State
14.Will Grier, WVU
15.Josh Allen, Wyoming
16.Brett Rypien, Boise
17.Luke Falk, Wazzu
18.Brent Stockstill, MTSU
19.Jarrett Stidham, Auburn
20.Matt Linehan, Idaho
21.Nick Fitzgerald, Miss St
22.Max Browne, Pitt

23.Drew Lock, Missouri
24.Quentin Flowers, USF
25.Andrew Ford, UMass

Few thoughts. Some guys that I have lower than most experts that I suppose will have a chance to really move up this year - Rosen coming off the injury, Barnett and Grier I'm prob not necessarily low on I just see these guys as high ceiling players but will need them to prove it in '17. The one on here I have so low that would cause an uproar in the draftnik twitter community is Josh Allen from Wyoming at 15 - he is in many people's top 5. He feels like a total project to me at this point. I get he has the size and arm and all that but he has a LONG way to go to prove it to me. Stidham and Browne both transfers and will be put into offenses that set them up for success. Oddly enough, I could sorta see Browne being this year's, Nate Peterman, ironic as that is.

2018 Draft Eligible RB:
1.Derrius Guice, LSU

2.Saquon Barkley, PSU
3.Bo Scarborough, Bama
4.Nick Chubb, UGA
5.Ty Johnson, Maryland
6.Kalen Ballage, Arizona St
7.Damien Harris, Bama
8.Rawleigh Williams III, Arkansas
9.Ronald Jones II, USC
10.LJ Scott, Mich St
11.Sony Michel, UGA
12.Tony Brooks-James, Oregon
13.Myles Gaskin, Washington
14.Royce Freeman, Oregon
15.Akrum Wadley, Iowa
16.Kamryn Pettway, Auburn
17.John Kelly, Tennessee
18.Ralph Webb, Vanderbilt
19.Justin Crawford, WVU
20.Justin Jackson, Northwestern
21.Mark Walton, Miami
22.Bryce Love, Stanford
23.Nyheim Hines, NC State
24.Josh Adams, Notre Dame
25.Larry Rose III, New Mexico State

I had to leave off some really good players but have them ear marked for the watch list going into the season.

2018 Draft Eligible WR:
1.Jester Weah, Pitt
2.James Washington, Ok St
3.Christian Kirk, aTm
4.Dante Pettis, Washington
5.Deebo Samuel, USCe
6.Richie James, MTSU
7.Courtland Sutton, SMU
8.Calvin Ridley, Bama
9.Nyqwan Murray, FSU
10.Antonio Callaway, Florida
11.Allen Lazard, Iowa St
12.Allenzae Staggers, S Miss
13.Byron Pringle, Kansas State
14.DJ Chark, LSU
15.Anthony Miller, Memphis
16.Cody Thompson, Toledo
17.Auden Tate, FSU
18.Keith Gavin, FSU
19.Michael Gallup, Col ST
20.Equamineous St Brown, Notre Dame
21.Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana
22.J'Mon Moore, Mizzou
23.Robert Foster, Bama
24. Jonathan Giles, Texas Tech
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]25.Hunter Renfrow, Clemson[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Majority of top 12 have the production to show for it - Murray at FSU is most speculative in that group but I feel really confident in the player that he will turn out to be. Bottom half of this group is filled with much more potential than production which also means several of these guys would have a chance to really jump up this year and next - not sure there is more potential in the country than what FSU has in Murray, Tate and Gavin. I felt my most blatant omissions were the Ole Miss receivers but I have several of them ear marked and they could vault into and way up this season. [/FONT]

He gets his info from a very connected inside source. That source know a helluva lot about quite a few guys on here. It pays to know people Mr. L.
lol

I am an open book

Duds likes to call everyone by 1st name, but never lets his info go

an egg on twitter lol

lol

I am an open book

Duds likes to call everyone by 1st name, but never lets his info go

an egg on twitter lol

Listen dude
Did u google what I told u?
Am I still the only one on earth who likes barkley over your lsu back?

Lamar Jackson can be an NFL QB?

Sure. He definitely has to grow as a passer and isn't ready to start the first game of '18 or '19 but God only makes so many humans with that type of athleticism and arm strength. Keep in mind how raw he is - his HS team didn't have a playbook and he has started like 15 games or maybe even less. You saw firsthand how bad his OL was and he was still able to do the damage he did. I would like to see him improve in his touch passing this year and not just all fast balls - I know he has an elite arm I think he just needs refining. Would take the right offense to play to his strengths like T-Mobile in Buffalo but I think he could be great if he continues to develop.

Sure. He definitely has to grow as a passer and isn't ready to start the first game of '18 or '19 but God only makes so many humans with that type of athleticism and arm strength. Keep in mind how raw he is - his HS team didn't have a playbook and he has started like 15 games or maybe even less. You saw firsthand how bad his OL was and he was still able to do the damage he did. I would like to see him improve in his touch passing this year and not just all fast balls - I know he has an elite arm I think he just needs refining. Would take the right offense to play to his strengths like T-Mobile in Buffalo but I think he could be great if he continues to develop.
Idk man....I could totally be wrong. The NFL has changed for sure, and he is a great CFB QB......just not sure in the NFL how it would work.

Idk man....I could totally be wrong. The NFL has changed for sure, and he is a great CFB QB......just not sure in the NFL how it would work.

High risk high reward for him right now. Will know more after this year - he actually could play two more if he wanted.

Let's get this back on track crimsonk

why are u low on my #1 WR
just the injury?

Let's get this back on track crimsonk

why are u low on my #1 WR
just the injury?

Ya, I think that's prob the best explanation. I think he prob proves me wrong but I hesitate at this point to have him any higher. Indiana hired the infamous Mike Debord from Tennessee as OC and his QB is so inconsistent that may hurt him this year also just from production standpoint. Saw he has been fully cleared this spring and look crisp running some routes I saw on twitter. Great size and hops I would like to see more of his vertical speed I remember him more as a jumper than burner but at 6'4 that makes sense

RB
1. Joe Mixon
2. Dalvin Cook
2. Lenny Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Alvin Kamara
6. Jamaal Williams
7. Marlon Mack
8. Kareem Hunt
9. D'Onta Foreman
10. I'Tavius Mathers

Middle Tennessee State RB I'Tavius Mathers pro day: 5'11 - 203 lbs. - 21 BP - 10.2 broad - 4.41 40-yard dash - 32" vert - 7.12 3-cone

I'm almost certain I'm the only man with a last name that isn't Matters had him in the top 10. These scores feel good. Gonna be am incredible steal day 3 or UDFA

Middle Tennessee State RB I'Tavius Mathers pro day: 5'11 - 203 lbs. - 21 BP - 10.2 broad - 4.41 40-yard dash - 32" vert - 7.12 3-cone

I'm almost certain I'm the only man with a last name that isn't Matters had him in the top 10. These scores feel good. Gonna be am incredible steal day 3 or UDFA

So basically this year or next he will be that guy that the biggest geek at fantasy draft picks outta nowhere and everyone else goes 'who!?'

So basically this year or next he will be that guy that the biggest geek at fantasy draft picks outta nowhere and everyone else goes 'who!?'

That's what happened when I stole arian foster his rook yr

One other guy in our league thought he was the only one who knew about him...I was the nerd..just for that pick that year and dayum proud of it...
Won the league that year cuz of him
people were like who????

I also drafted aquan boldin in the last rd before his rookie yr, I just liked him cuz he played qb in the bowl game and was a freak athlete. He went nuts for the lions week 1 and the year.

Pretty much. I think there are a ton of guys this year at the skill positions that have the ability to come in and take older guys jobs. I think this class could have a ton of '17 production. Mathers was first player in FBS history to have 1,500 rush yards, 500 receiving yards and 60 catches. He's 23 so physically way more mature and developed than most guys coming out. Lions were actually one team on hand - scouts there to see him and they also have a DB also that will get drafted.

Pretty much. I think there are a ton of guys this year at the skill positions that have the ability to come in and take older guys jobs. I think this class could have a ton of '17 production. Mathers was first player in FBS history to have 1,500 rush yards, 500 receiving yards and 60 catches. He's 23 so physically way more mature and developed than most guys coming out. Lions were actually one team on hand - scouts there to see him and they also have a DB also that will get drafted.
saquon Barkley numbers... but yeah I am the only one on earth who thinks he is better than LSU back up

saquon Barkley numbers... but yeah I am the only one on earth who thinks he is better than LSU back up

Both guys, Bark and Guice, did a hell of a lot behind two bad OLs. I'd love to see what both could do behind a good OL.

BAR - what if anything can you share about Crawford, Peoples-Jones and McDoom.Those look to be top 3 heading into year? Saw DPJ tested off charts this weekend 4.41 and 39vert and 11 broad. In the little I know of them all 3 look like potential NFLers with DPJ looking like he's potentially elite

Both guys, Bark and Guice, did a hell of a lot behind two bad OLs. I'd love to see what both could do behind a good OL.

BAR - what if anything can you share about Crawford, Peoples-Jones and McDoom.Those look to be top 3 heading into year? Saw DPJ tested off charts this weekend 4.41 and 39vert and 11 broad. In the little I know of them all 3 look like potential NFLers with DPJ looking like he's potentially elite

Dylan Kekoa Crawford- Great get from Cali for Harbaugh. His stats won't show a lot from last year but he did one thing I love and that is block downfield. He got a good amount of reps due to that. I expect him to be a very good 4 year player, just a solid WR who will do what it takes to win and start making more and more plays.

Eddie McDoom- Obviously a great name to begin with. He was used a lot on jet sweeps. He had 16 carries for 160 yards and 5 receptions as well. He wasn't seen as much later in the year. I know some of it was he was tired as a frosh and there may have been a nagging injury. He is fast, he will make plays in the open field. He has had a very good winter from everything I have read.

DPJ- He is an instant 4 year player. He isa very bright kid from a very good family, he seems mature beyond his years. If he isn't the next 'great' Michigan receiver I do not know who is. I would expect that in the realm of Braylon's last few years. There is absolutely nothing not to like about him. He looks like the quintessential pro. He enrolled early and has had a very good winter so far.

I've got Gavin on here and he won't be eligible yet so out goes Gavin and in comes Jennings:

2018 Draft Eligible WR:
1.Jester Weah, Pitt
2.James Washington, Ok St
3.Christian Kirk, aTm
4.Dante Pettis, Washington
5.Deebo Samuel, USCe
6.Richie James, MTSU
7.Courtland Sutton, SMU
8.Calvin Ridley, Bama
9.Nyqwan Murray, FSU
10.Antonio Callaway, Florida
11.Allen Lazard, Iowa St
12.Allenzae Staggers, S Miss
13.Byron Pringle, Kansas State
14.DJ Chark, LSU
15.Anthony Miller, Memphis
16.Cody Thompson, Toledo
17.Auden Tate, FSU
18.Michael Gallup, Col ST
19.Equamineous St Brown, Notre Dame
20.Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana
21.J'Mon Moore, Mizzou
22.Robert Foster, Bama
23. Jonathan Giles, Texas Tech
24.Hunter Renfrow, Clemson
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Jauan Jennings, Tennessee [/FONT]

PSU line will be good this year right?

PSU line will be good this year right?

Not real sure - they will prob be better. They have been a total train wreck since the sanctions and last year was the first time they could be considered just bad and not dreadful. If McSorley didn't have the skill set he has and if Barkley wasn't as good as he is - I think maybe my opinion would have still been in the train wreck area but they were so good they made them seem not as terrible as they were. LSU OL wasn't good LY on that I think we can agree but they were considerably better than Penn State - I'm talking Penn St's line was 120th ranked or worse in several advanced metrics.

I am going to list my rankings for some positions for the NFL draft, who I think will be successful. First, the QB list is is exactly how I would draft QB's in the upcoming draft. The other positions I will rank but I am not going to break this down 20 players deep. So when you don't dupree from lsu on my WR list(twinkie) don't start questioning it.

QB's
1. Davis Webb
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Deshaun Watson
4. Deshone Kizer
5. Nathan Peterman
6. Chad Kelly

RB's
1. Cook
2. Fournette
3. McCaffery
4. Kamara
(nothing big here to see, like most people see the top 4 RB's)
**fuck joe mixon so you won't see him on my list**

I think the 2 guys below will have a big impact, steals
5. Elijah McGuire
6. Kareem Hunt

Next is a list of RB's I think you will get great value on and they all can play at the next level, at a high level.
Samaje Perrine
Donnell Pumphrey
James Connor
D'onta Foreman
Anthony Wales

be back later to add some thoughts on the QBs.

WR.
1. Davis
2. Williams
3. Ross
4. Hansen
5. Westbrook

6. Robinette
7. Krupp
8. Jones
9. Taylor

10. Ford
11. Rudolph
12. Cannon
13. Switzer
14. Marks

Chad Kelly - is the 6 for 6th round?

And your boy Davis Webb still out there after 3 QB's off the board.

Still surprised Dalvin is available. Dude is going to be a stud.

P unit
these are MY rankings
I didn't update them since March, would have changed some on the RB list(caff to 1) but the qbs are who I like best and how I think they end up down the line.
i am not in any war rooms to sway people to take Davis Webb.
Its not a shock he is still on the board to anyone, doesn't mean he won't end up the top of the class.

And
chad Kelly is 6th best qb on my board

I sure hope if both are available and the Cards are gonna go QB they take Webb over Kizer, I know that

And KJ I would appreciate u staying out of my threads
Worry about giving golf lessons online

BAR
my thread, please allow me to do as I want in my threads
if people don't like me, don't enter my threads. Very simple. No?

From now going forward I will not be entering threads with people I dislike, in game and my threads only sir.

BAR
my thread, please allow me to do as I want in my threads
if people don't like me, don't enter my threads. Very simple. No?

It really isn't that simple. You wanted back in NFL Forum so we obliged. That doesn't mean you get to start making comments to other posters that has nothing to do with 'Pro Football'. The above poster was discussing the topic at hand, and not 'going at you' or making comments towards you.

Back