Wade/Duds 2017 NFL draft BIG BOARD

• Thread starter Thread starter dudleysdad
  • Start date Start date
is that a drop the fucking hammer on opening weekend play?

I fear I'm gonna have dozens of hammers to drop on opening weekend - for better or worse. I like USF -9/9.5/10 at SJSU even better than that one. Feels like a 48-24 to me

I fear I'm gonna have dozens of hammers to drop on opening weekend - for better or worse. I like USF -9/9.5/10 at SJSU even better than that one. Feels like a 48-24 to me
lol
i gotta step it up

i wanna know the line the opening weekend when hawaii travels to umass. lol

i wanna know the line the opening weekend when hawaii travels to umass. lol

Funny you bring up Umass lol. Think next year at combine we will be talking about their TE, you prob know, PSU transfer Adam Breneman and they have a lefty QB Andy Ford that I think is an NFL player I really like him. Hawaii -3 my guess

Funny you bring up Umass lol. Think next year at combine we will be talking about their TE, you prob know, PSU transfer Adam Breneman and they have a lefty QB Andy Ford that I think is an NFL player I really like him. Hawaii -3 my guess
yes

[video=youtube;FgdcCcmVS1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgdcCcmVS1M[/video]

Three of these TD against DB's that will be top 2 rounds taken. Incredible high pointer of the ball and great hands. Better see him on the Mock 2.0

Alright, here goes on offense - without OL. This is just based on who I think the best players are - not sure how to forecast their quality as a pro without knowing who takes them. One guy I'll just mention that I don't have on my board that should be somewhere is Curtis Samuel - I don't know where he will play so I just left him off but he's really good.

QB:
1. Deshaun Watson
2. Pat Mahomes
3. Chad Kelly
4. Mitchell Trubisky
5. Deshone Kizer
6. Nate Peterman
7. Brad Kaaya
8. Davis Webb
9. Jerod Evans
10. Joshua Dobbs

RB
1. Joe Mixon
2. Dalvin Cook
2. Lenny Fournette
4. Christian McCaffrey
5. Alvin Kamara
6. Jamaal Williams
7. Marlon Mack
8. Kareem Hunt
9. D'Onta Foreman
10. I'Tavius Mathers

WR:
1. Corey Davis
2. Mike Williams
3. Carlos Henderson
4. Taywan Taylor
5. John Ross
5. Chris Godwin
7. Ardarius Stewart
8. Zay Jones
9. KD Cannon
10. Dede Westrbook

TE:
1. OJ Howard
2. David Njoku
3. Evan Engram
4. Gerald Everett
4. Michael Roberts
6. Bucky Hodges
6. Jeremy Sprinkle
8. Jordan Leggett
9. George Kittle
10. Jonnu Smith

Edit - I wanted to sort out the log jam at WR**

Last edited:
Haha looks like if we were in the same war room we would be drafting chad Kelly somewhere

Haha looks like if we were in the same war room we would be drafting chad Kelly somewhere

No doubt. All the draftniks on twitter hem and haw about his off field and medicals and I think both are way overblown. Guy is competitive as hell, athletic, can make any NFL throw and chucks a deep ball that is as good as I've seen at college level. I put a lot of emphasis on tape you can put on where a guy torches the Bama defense and he, Watson and Arky's Austin Allen can all do that and I can tell you right now Allen will be top 5 on my QB board next year too.

Defense here is what I go with. Based on my list - I think numbers 1-7 on the DE are all potential first round guys - the EDGE class this year is incredible. I'm prob passing on a MLB this year if I don't go Reuben Foster in round 1. Top 4 guys on OLB are first round type players - Reddick is going to be real fun to watch in NFL. Corner is super deep this year - top 7 guys on my list all first round talents. Think lot of teams double up on CB this year - I would. Some good top end safeties this year - I love Adams, Melifonwu, Hooker and Baker as 1st rounders - Eddie Jackson from Bama would be first rounder if he didn't get hurt this year he will be a steal later as a result - can be elite return man also. I'm so tired of the Jabrill Peppers hype still even from last CFB season - he may end up being great but he was the most overhyped player in CFB I can remember in some time - his invitation to New York was a travesty. Justin Evans the S from aTm is getting first round love - guy misses absurd number of tackles going for kill shot - maybe he learns to wrap up and will be good but he is another guy that no way I take early unless I've got time and a hell of a safety coach that wants to teach this guy fundamental football.

DE:
1. Myles Garrett
2. Solomon Thomas
3. Jonathan Allen
4. Derek Barnett
5. Carl Lawson
6. Derek Rivers
7. Charles Harris
8. Demarcus Walker
9. Taco Charlton
10. Dede Hall

DT:
Hard for me to evaluate with a straight face - few guys less talked about I like in mid rounds are Dalvin Tomlinson, Montravius Adams, Tanziel Smart

ILB:
1. Reuben Foster
2. Raekwon McMillan
3. Kendall Beckwith
4. Jarrad Davis
5. Anthony Walker

OLB:
1. Hasson Reddick
2. Zach Cunningham
3. Tim Williams
4. Takk McKinley
5. Alex Anzalone
6. Ryan Anderson
7. TJ Watt
8. Duke Riley
9. Tyus Bowser
10. Vince Biegel

CB:
1. Tre White
2. Sidney Jones
3. Marshawn Lattimore
4. Gareon Conley
5. Marlon Humphrey
6. Adoree Jackson
7. Teez Tabor
8. Fabian Moreau
9. Quincy Wilson
10. Rasul Douglas
11. Jourdan Lewis
12. Demontae Kazee
13. Corn Elder
14. Kevin King
15. Jalen Myrick
16. Cam Sutton
17. Chidobie Awuzie
18. Cordrea Tankersley

SS:
1. Jamal Adams
2. Obi Melifonwu
3. Eddie Jackson
4. Jabrill Peppers
5. Justin Evans

FS:
1. Budda Baker
2. Malik Hooker
3. Marcus Williams
4. Josh Jones
5. Marcus Maye

Last edited:
Duke Riley has gone from a MAYBE free agent

to a likely 2nd round pick

now THAT is the LSU LBer turnaround.....see Debo

Looks like a few College football teams lost some significant production in their Defensive secondary to this years draft.

Off hand:

Colorado
Michigan
LSU
Florida
Washington
Ohio State
Miami

Only one of those is currently ill equipped to handle the turnover, IMO.

Some advanced analytics scores for all combine participants if others are interested. This is the first year I've really paid much attention to this stuff - it's interesting. Personally, I think it's easy to get polarized by all the combine numbers and such but I think if you watch enough football you know who can play and who can't. This is prob just another piece of the puzzle.

https://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/wr/

I really do not think I need to see a guy perform at the combine to evaluate him. That's what the 30 plus game films are for.

I really do not think I need to see a guy perform at the combine to evaluate him. That's what the 30 plus game films are for.

Agree. I think the combine often reenforces things we already know. Some of the advanced data stuff these guys are playing with is cool though because it uses their combine data and such and measures them up against current pros and their data and can attempt to forecast future NFL productivity. Again, I just started paying attention but it's cool for a nerd like me.

2 & 5 year recruiting rankings

Colorado 47 & 61
Michigan 4 &19
LSU 5 & 3
Florida 8 & 10
Washington 28 & 27
Ohio State 2 & 2
Miami 17 & 17

Colorado was the team that I referred to though I do have some concerns with Mich with as many seniors you lose, particularly on defense but I think Harbaugh has recruited well enough now that it may not be quite as pronounced. Let's ear mark that Mich convo for later in spring/summer :cheers3:

overall this is a good thread. Dudley I don't like davis webb but my buddy is like you and has him number 1

frankly, unless were talking about a late round coin toss, I don't want any of these qbs. and im a huge godwin fan.

mahomes is such a wild card...could be best in the draft or could be a huge bust

overall this is a good thread. Dudley I don't like davis webb but my buddy is like you and has him number 1

frankly, unless were talking about a late round coin toss, I don't want any of these qbs. and im a huge godwin fan.

mahomes is such a wild card...could be best in the draft or could be a huge bust

I know it's a good thread dwoww
i bring football knowledge

Mixon just ran 4.43 and had a 35 inch vertical at the Oklahoma pro day at 228 lb. It's going to be fascinating to see which team says screw the PR we want a more athletic Leveon bell and won't even have to waste a top 10 pick on it. Top 5 most talented guy this class in a really good class.

Mixon just ran 4.43 and had a 35 inch vertical at the Oklahoma pro day at 228 lb. It's going to be fascinating to see which team says screw the PR we want a more athletic Leveon bell and won't even have to waste a top 10 pick on it. Top 5 most talented guy this class in a really good class.
Saints

I hope

they are kicking the tires

Projected 1st round Corner from Washington, Sidney Jones, tore his achilles at his pro day today. Awful to hear.

Listened to a podcast recently with a scout that specializes in lower league football - he is seriously one of the most knowledgeable football people I've ever heard speak - it's freaky. He is s straight shooter and great evaluator and he said that if he is an NFL team and misses on OJ Howard that Ashland TE Adam Shaheen is undoubtedly his #2 pick at TE in this class. I know he put up freaky numbers at combine - he's 6'6 280 and ran 4.79. Will be interesting to see where he ends up going.

[video=youtube;vDJLRgh2vp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJLRgh2vp4[/video]

Heard Joel klatt last night, I like klatt and he his very high on mccaffery. Made me think a lot
i now believe he will be a better pro than fournette..

Not sure if you've ever listened to Moving the Sticks podcast with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks - it's fantastic - both guys are knowledgable, articulate and super connected in the league. They brought up an idea/phrasing that I really liked for McCaff - Major at receiver and minor in RB - they felt from their scouting and what they were hearing from team scouts was that he could carry the ball 10-15 times a game and line up in slot the rest of the game and kill teams there. They talked about him as a Packer in the Ty Montgomery role I thought that would just be unfair. The general consensus at the combine was that he was the best route runner in attendance - not just for RB's but WR's too. I think his versatility in the modern NFL game makes him prob the 1st RB I would take although he isn't quite as talented or as good a fit as Mixon he obviously doesn't have the baggage and off field concerns. I think Lenny was born 30 years too late. If he was my dad's age he may have gone down as the best RB to ever live but with the way the league is now, meh..

I just read the SMU Qb was not granted a 6th year, he was hurt in the 1st game last season
i remember he can make plays with his arm n legs
nice to meet you CFL

It may be fun to make big board for 2018 in like August and update as CFB season goes on and then through combine to draft. I may do that this year

ok
2018 RB
1. Barkley

Off cuff - In no particular order, yet, and only draft eligibles:

Barkley, PSU
Guice, LSU
Johnson, Maryland
Chubb, UGA
Michel, UGA
Scarborough, Bama
Harris, Bama
Jones, USC
Scott, Mich St
Williams, Arkansas
Brooks-James, Oregon
Ballage, Arizona St

2018 QB
1. Darnold

Darnold, USC
Allen, Arkansas
Rudolph, Ok St
Mayfield, OK
Jackson, Louisville
Woodside, Toledo
Browning, Washington
Rosen, UCLA
Francois, FSU
McSorley, PSU
Falk, Wazzu
Ferguson, Memphis

Damn u had to show me up crimsonk lol
where u have cobbs at for WR

he averaged 8 YPC in the best conference vs. the best competition. Great blocker, great receiver. He will be the top RB taken when he decides to go pro.
Barkley does everything he does but better

Back