Virtual Kentucky Derby Discussion

I don't know how they keep Secretariat from winning it. Fastest Derby, Preakness and Belmont in history and that was almost 50 years ago. He didn't need the lead either so he shouldn't be pace compromised.

You can see all DRF past performances here, link is at the bottom

Looking at running styles and times I think Affirmed and Seattle Slew are the best of the front runners, American Pharoah is the best stalked and Secretariat and Whirlaway can sit midpack off the contested early pace and charge late.

Give me a trifecta setup of:

Win - Secretariat and Whirlaway
Place - Secretariat, Whirlaway, Pharoah, Slew and Affirmed
Show - Same group

I wonder if they throw the “unexpected” thing happening? Something we can’t cap.
A Barbaro, a stumble, a rider mistake,

If a horse breaks a leg will they virtually put it down right there?

It’s NBC so I’d guess the TV era horses will do well. If they’re honest I think I have it capped well but no one remembers Whirlaway so who knows. After last years Derby cluster I doubt they want anything too wacky.

I still feel deep down Smarty Jones was Triple Crown winner. I blame the Belmont on the jockey.

I thought it was very neat.
I’ve actually called EASports and suggested making an EA Sports Horse Racing Game oh about early to mid 2000’s.
I think it would be a good game. Buy, Breed, train, race....

I thought Whirlaway got fouled on the turn when he got shut off trying to go between the two leaders. His jockey should've filed an objection, but since he's been dead over 20 years I guess that was unlikely.

Back