US Open INGAME

Buck just puffs his chest out and tries to be more vocal than his peers. It's awful for this sport.

Went healthy today and got a DMD to drink too!

It's already 104 and not even noon, need the sodium to stay hydrated

Seriously Joe Buck needs to talk about 1/3 the volume he does for golf

It's so fucking annoying

Haha Diaz replaces Phil and gets to play with Stricker's gallery, dude's gotta be shitting himself now

I'm sure its a fine course but c'mon: no water, no trees, 50 yard fairways, no rough around the greens and subtle sloping greens. When your only defense is wind you're basically the British Open.

The problem with fescue is the random element. You may get penalized 2 or 3 shots, or you may face no penalty at all. That's not a test. The US Open should be fairly consistent: if you hit a bad shot into the rough you lose 1/2 to 1 shot, if you hit water you lose 1-2 shots, if you hit into the woods 1-2 shots. The test should be consistent and constant.

This long string of treeless courses the USGA is employing is also annoying. There hasn't been a significant tree in play since 2013 at Merion, and there won't be one next year at Shinnecock either. That's too long a streak of all too similar course types. The USGA already has treeless classic courses at Oakmont and Shinnecock, if you're going new then don't stick another treeless course between those two.

Let the PGA Mouse around with these new style courses. Stick with the classics USGA. And dump Joe Buck while you're at it.

Helluva first 11 holes for Casey. You might want to remember that stretch come Sunday.

Also Gandy, that was a great post and a lot of my thoughts as well. If you're going to give these guys large fairways and less than challenging greens, the USGA needs to at least be strategic with the pin placements. These placements have been safe to say the least at this point anyway.

The only defender is the wind unless they're hitting shanks.

Fleetwood/Sneds Parlay for me today.
Sneds -110 over Alex Noren
Fleetwood -110 over Bud Cauley

Adding Brooks -140 over Pieters
Fowler -110 over Rahm

and all 4 plays in a parlay 20 to win 218
Sneds/Fleetwood/Fowler/Koepka

Well I'd assume Rahm goes boom or bust today and Fowler tries to play a par type round

But I've been so far off, fading Thomas...ugh this tournament

If either Rahm or DJ drive it straight today they can shoot 7 under, if not 7 over

I trust Rahm's drives more than DJ right now

All the excitement looks like it will be on the cut line this afternoon. And Flatbrim.

B.A.R. is quick on the contest updates, thinking that 75 bucks may stay safely tucked away in his shoe......

B.A.R. is quick on the contest updates, thinking that 75 bucks may stay safely tucked away in his shoe......

Lol, nah I'm saving myself time later. No delays coming so it will get through 2 rounds tonight. In heading out to play in a bit so I may crash when I get home so make it easier in the morning.

Fox begging for DJ/Spieth group to do well today or Fowler's the only story line

Need this champ kid to win a Master's or PGA just so Nantz can have a cheesy call at the end.

Back