United States Open @ Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

I can see that, we can settle on -5

I'm curious to see how Rockfish's "number of players under par" bet turns out
Getting the feeling since Friday that we'll see more meltdown than great golf today, not sure which I enjoy more lol

Getting the feeling since Friday that we'll see more meltdown than great golf today, not sure which I enjoy more lol
When Henley got to -6 yesterday I said to myself that if he played Even par rest of way he'd win.

Rooting my Woodland Over Hoffman tourney bet in...looks like Hoffman is continuing his move south that started yesterday. Woodland has played rather blah every day.

A true battle of attrition

Rooting my Woodland Over Hoffman tourney bet in...looks like Hoffman is continuing his move south that started yesterday. Woodland has played rather blah every day.

A true battle of attrition
Woodland runs off three straight bogies at 14,15 & 16 to give up a comfortable lead and up only 1 with 2 holes left. Burning my cash

10-12 seem like the toughest stretch. Whoever comes out of there ahead should have one hand on the trophy.

12 is the hardest on the course, 13 is long but birdie, 14-16 are keys for me, kinda par your way through. 17 can be had and anything can happen at 18 obviously

I had a ball stuck in a pine tree about waist high once. I took a swing at it.
Hit out of bushes/shrubs, usually good lies actually, kinda softballish swing

Hit out of a prickly pear once and made great contact but didn't realize a thorn was stuck in the ball, looked like a wounded duck

Hadn't thought about it but given this format for a playoff of 10/18

What an insane advantage regardless if you're down a stroke to have this 18th hole

Back