United States Open @ Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

Any information is good information. But you are correct it won’t be the same coming back. I don’t think enough emphasis is put on how poorly struck putts react to break. I purposely won’t watch guys putt who I play with on a regular basis for that very reason. Extremely misleading information… looking forward to a great weekend! Zalatoris didn’t have one birdie either round. Very shocking…

Phil played damn well. He missed about 3 relatively easy birdie putts very early.

He hit the ball great except for about 2 shots

Any information is good information. But you are correct it won’t be the same coming back. I don’t think enough emphasis is put on how poorly struck putts react to break. I purposely won’t watch guys putt who I play with on a regular basis for that very reason. Extremely misleading information… looking forward to a great weekend! Zalatoris didn’t have one birdie either round. Very shocking…
Nothing pisses me off more than thinking I'll get a good read on a guys putting only to watch him knock it three feet offline and get no info. Or leave it 6 feet short.

Nothing worse than a guy pulling a putt causing a false read… you pure a stroke and it doesn’t react the same… I love it when a guy says”that’s weird mine broke and yours didn’t”… I wonder why?

Phil played damn well. He missed about 3 relatively easy birdie putts very early.

He hit the ball great except for about 2 shots
Same can be said for Xander. He missed two gimme birdie putts and should’ve birdied 18. He could easily be at -5. Dude was one of the best putters on tour and then goes to armlock before the US Open. What the hell. I bet he lost 4 strokes putting today.

Not that there is any reason to bet Kisner in the US Open particularly with his results this year, but if you think of doing so you need to watch from 3:15 to 3:42.

Kisner tells you about his chances of victory..

Kisner is living up to his own prediction

Was listening to PGA Tour Radio. Rahm has hit only 36% of fairways ( I think they said round #2, maybe the tourney). In any case, he has it under par both rounds.

If he improves driving, I think he's the winner. I want to bet him...but I am not

This is gonna sound shitty but with Bland and Henley on top of the leaderboard the leaderboard really starts at Louis/Wolff -4. The former can win sure but highly unlikely they keep this up two more days. Anyone from +1 to -4 can win this. Rahm is the favorite but there’s plenty of guys around him who can make a move. My gut is telling me Scottie will make a move for some reason (why?) but I’m not betting it. I’ve got Xander, Brooks, Collin and added Rory last night at 40-1. Probably ride those 4 out and hope one of them pops. Good luck to everyone rest of the way.

The amount of shots hitting the stick is just incredible…. Sergio’s was just a ridiculously bad break

Off memory,, nobody has beaten 67 (-4)

That would eliminate anyone not in the top 8

I dont think Hughes or Henley hold off as both are losing strokes off the tee first 3 days. This applies to scheffler too

Wolff/Rahm would need to be perfect and hope nobody above them improves, probably tough for them.

Leaves rory/bryson/louieooey

Rory the only one up there with losing strokes putting, which is the most variable stat...any return to the averages benefits him over the rest of the guys up there.

Sprinkled a bit of Rahm...and DJ...

Bryson was sitting there at 2000 yesterday morning and I never hut submit. Damn... Think he obviously could be the guy.

Rory would be good for golf.

Louie is a deserving guy...

Obviously want something wild to happen and get X, Collin, DJ or Rahm to the top.

Happy Father's Day to all of ya.

Off memory,, nobody has beaten 67 (-4)

That would eliminate anyone not in the top 8

I dont think Hughes or Henley hold off as both are losing strokes off the tee first 3 days. This applies to scheffler too

Wolff/Rahm would need to be perfect and hope nobody above them improves, probably tough for them.

Leaves rory/bryson/louieooey

Rory the only one up there with losing strokes putting, which is the most variable stat...any return to the averages benefits him over the rest of the guys up there.
You can get a Louie,Rory or Bryson Win ticket with my book for -125

Back