United States Open @ Torrey Pines Discussion Thread

Just watched a piece on Golf Channel on this guy and his family. Brought tears to my eyes. His Dad will be on the bag, his wife and daughter will be there too. Praying that he makes the cut.

Hayden Springer

Springer began his college career at Texas Tech but transferred to TCU after two seasons in Lubbock, Texas. As a senior with the Horned Frogs, Springer won the Big 12 individual title. Since turning pro in 2019, Springer has cut his teeth mainly on the All-Pro Tour. Yet to make a cut in four world-ranked starts, Springer earned his U.S. Open debut through the Dallas qualifier. His personal story, though, will likely tug at the heartstrings of anyone who hears it. As told by Monday Q Info’s Ryan French, Springer and his wife, Emma, have a newborn daughter, Sage, who suffers from a genetic disorder called Trisomy 18. It was a miracle that Sage was even born last October, and she has continued to defy odds; Sage also had heart surgery in January. The Springers are in the process of starting a foundation for families who have children with Trisomy 18. Click here to read French's entire story on Springer in the Fire Pit Collective.

Ended up having Wolff and Rodgers in 30% of my lineups...none have both :thumbsdown3:

Also need Simpson to hold it together please! Just make the cut at this point.... need to look but assuming his distance/off the tee is the issue

Maybe?

I saw him tweeting 2-3 weeks ago all pumped up about it. Perhaps euro qualification?
7th out of 10 on the Euro tour that weren't already exempt

Always fascinating when two siblings go in different directions, I think of the Zverevs in tennis off the top of my head

Gary fell apart. That's fine, took a big # months ago....

Collin was awful overall ..

X solid hope he just hangs around all week and then charges on Sunday

Good start to Phil miss cut bet.

Well...certainly didn’t expect the amateur to have the round of his life when I made a large wager on the Bhatia 3 ball. Amateur has 1 bogey through 15. Just amazing

Edit - I’m sure will shoot +8 tomorrow

Well...certainly didn’t expect the amateur to have the round of his life when I made a large wager on the Bhatia 3 ball. Amateur has 1 bogey through 15. Just amazing

Edit - I’m sure will shoot +8 tomorrow
Course will get tougher every day, no precip and roughly 10 mph breezes just going to make this course the opposite of soft

I've seen enough after 9 holes to say I will not wager against Rory in any match for rest of the tourney..

Nobody every talks about louie ooey but he may be just as good as Koepka when it comes to majors
Wouldn't say as good with the trophies but him, Westwood, Rose, Finau...always seem to be in the mix

Its light out till at least 9 here most nights. Little dusk, but light enough you could see the ball off the tee for sure
Love Seattle this time of year, went to Safeco or whatever several years ago and was still light after the game was over

Sunday is the longest day of sunlight for most of the N hemisphere, Alaska will only have like 90 minutes dark or something like that

Looking at the strokes gained on day 1

Seems most of the top of the leaderboard was all done on the greens

Schauffle and matsuyama were best t2g by a good distance

Love Seattle this time of year, went to Safeco or whatever several years ago and was still light after the game was over

Sunday is the longest day of sunlight for most of the N hemisphere, Alaska will only have like 90 minutes dark or something like that
Isnt there a few places, I think a town in nunuvet is one, where its basically light out for like a month?

What’s the cut gonna be tomorrow? +4 or +5? Right now T61 is +2. T60 and ties make it I believe. So +4 seems right maybe even more if it firms up a lot. I expect it will play a tad tougher tomorrow.

Isnt there a few places, I think a town in nunuvet is one, where its basically light out for like a month?
Guessing it's close to the N Pole

I know I've seen docs on Alaskans playing 24 hour schedules for softball/baseball/soccer this time of year

Shitty day yesterday..0-2 in 3 ball, 1-3 in bases. Have 1/2 unit on Deki at 40-1 so that would be a great Father’s Day gift..

back in a few with my Friday 3 ball plays

Fascinating, been watching the live lines and Xander is still +1000 to win, that's where he was before birdying the last two holes

Does it make sense to watch a ball as it blows past the hole to see a break on the other side? The ball won’t break much at the hole, and then as it slows down you get a false read where it stops, because your next stroke will blow threw that part of break.

Back