TUESDAY "How goof is Heaney" discussion thread.

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Marlins offense starting to dry up without Stanton
Giants bats seemed to come alive last few games

Jays offense built to mash lefties, hit Eduardo hard last time
Estrada in a really good groove right now

Marlins offense starting to dry up without Stanton
Giants bats seemed to come alive last few games

Jays offense built to mash lefties, hit Eduardo hard last time
Estrada in a really good groove right now

i'd argue it was pretty dry even with him, but he's probably the least replaceable hitter in any lineup in the game i think. Not sure what to expect with Eduardo, agree on the LHP thing but I think the kid will bounce back from a bad outing last time vs the team that knew his in's and out's

leans from the open (current):
SF -105 (-102)
ATL +118 (+110)
ARI +110 (+105)
BOS +129 (+140)
TB -108 (+108)
KC +137 (+141)
DET +118 (+110)/u7.5 -115 (-105)

on the radar:
CHC +105 (-114)
LAA -115 (-118)
CIN -114 (-127)
StL u6.5 +105 (-115)

Not a play yet, but Mil 1-8 L9 as a dog, 4-12 L16 Tue games, hitting .210 vs LHP and longest win streak of the season is 3 games (currently on a 2 game win streak). Phi is bad, but Cole on the bump pitching for his next team and Phi has only been swept at home once this season so expect them to get one of the next two games.

No clue how you make Cubs a favorite in this spot. They are on their longest losing Streak of the season (5 games), while Mets have won 4 straight. Cubs are below .500 on the road, while Mets are strong (29-11) at home. Cubs swept the Mets earlier this season in a four-game home series, which I'm sure the Mets do not forget.

Mia has scored 11 runs total in their last 7 games. SF 8-2 L10 Tuesday games. Vogelsong in real nice form, while Latos has been horrible at home this season. SF dropped series opener last 2 series - think they correct that tonight. SF has to keep pace with LA and travel to Wash next, which will not be easy. Haren and Fernandez on deck in this series as well.

I love me some Rubby, but the Dodgers have seen him twice this year (both in LA) and it has not been pretty. On the other hand, Frias has started twice against Arizona this season (both in LA) and given up a total of 1 earned run. Will the change in venue help Rubby/hurt Frias? Rubby in better form now, but Frias has been a good road/night starter all year. Lean under, but not sure what to do here yet.

No clue how you make Cubs a favorite in this spot. They are on their longest losing Streak of the season (5 games), while Mets have won 4 straight. Cubs are below .500 on the road, while Mets are strong (29-11) at home. Cubs swept the Mets earlier this season in a four-game home series, which I'm sure the Mets do not forget.

NYM started the season with 12 in a row or something at home, tough not to have a great record there when that happens. I would urge you to not fall in love with the results this season, NYM has played above their talent and the CHC lineup is tons better than NYM's

I love me some Rubby, but the Dodgers have seen him twice this year (both in LA) and it has not been pretty. On the other hand, Frias has started twice against Arizona this season (both in LA) and given up a total of 1 earned run. Will the change in venue help Rubby/hurt Frias? Rubby in better form now, but Frias has been a good road/night starter all year. Lean under, but not sure what to do here yet.

Frias has been very good since he jumped into the rotation, which is exactly what LAD needed. I'd say that Ruby got killed by the longball in one of his starts in Chavez Ravine, but that seems to be the entire LAD offense this season so I'm not sure that can be considered a fluke. He's been very good lately and should have won his last start in Denver if not for a bullpen collapse, but I think he was in the LAD system before getting traded in the Adrian Gonzalez deal so they may just have a book on him

Frias is Not good on 4 days rest. I lost betting against him away on 4 in his last start. He went 5 innings. He gave up 7 hits and 3 walks in 5 innings. Somehow the Cubs never scored a run.

baseball reference seems screwed up today. I have had no luck getting to pitching splits. I keep getting shoved into batting splits

Thanks for response GW. Most would agree the Cubs have the better lineup, but if the team with the better lineup always won our job would be a lot easier. Plus, Cubs lineup - while much more talented - is also very young and some of those young guys are struggling right now and prob looking forward to the break. In any event, I doubt these teams finish the season more than 5 games apart (if not less) so don't buy into the Cubs being that much better. Plus, Mets in weaker division and prob have more realistic chance at the playoffs (although a long shot for both). Anything could happen, but I'll take my chances with the Mets tonight.

Thanks for response GW. Most would agree the Cubs have the better lineup, but if the team with the better lineup always won our job would be a lot easier. Plus, Cubs lineup - while much more talented - is also very young and some of those young guys are struggling right now and prob looking forward to the break. In any event, I doubt these teams finish the season more than 5 games apart (if not less) so don't buy into the Cubs being that much better. Plus, Mets in weaker division and prob have more realistic chance at the playoffs (although a long shot for both). Anything could happen, but I'll take my chances with the Mets tonight.

i'm anti-CHC thanks to my RSW under, so i hope you win

Cubs 11 runs last 6 games.

playing StL will do that to you

Phil Hughes first start at Cincy.... extreme fly ball pitcher in high humidity and slight wind blowing out.... leaning Cincy TT over

Montgomery coming off balls-out game against his former team and due to come back to earth....Kennedy is in better form - I'll take SD at home

Ariz looks like a live dog at home tonight

Montgomery coming off balls-out game against his former team and due to come back to earth....Kennedy is in better form - I'll take SD at home

think i will take a look at SD TT over 3.5... small lean in that direction

updated leans:
SF +108
ARI +103
BOS +139
TB +106
KC +132
DET u7.5 +100

on the radar:
CIN -114

Like most of those side leans and radars, GW. Really warming to Reds. Like Toronto a bit and leaning Tribe.

Run line only way I bet the A's.

I'm a notorious Royals nonbeliever, but they're dogged way too often for way too much.

Phil Hughes first start at Cincy.... extreme fly ball pitcher in high humidity and slight wind blowing out.... leaning Cincy TT over

Great day of week for Cinn

Niese this season has been great on I think about 12 innings on 6+
Previous 2 years bad. 2012 Very good 2.18 based on 45.1

Dallas with ump 3.14 ERA based on 14.1
Have to give Houston a little the best of the pens.
I really did not like using Dallas in the 9th inning last game and running his pitch up a lot with a high tension 9th. So far not seeing any real reason for playing KC although it does help them to be using a lefties.

You would be playing a Cokin free play which has been death fot around 5 games.

Looking at Dallas last year in the high 100's sometimes it hurts sometimes no. Hard to say but definitely not good.

I'm a notorious Royals nonbeliever, but they're dogged way too often for way too much.

been on them the last four days, missed a bit of a price move but Duffy is a giantslayer and I'm still firmly in the HOU is not good camp

Dallas with ump 3.14 ERA based on 14.1
Have to give Houston a little the best of the pens.
I really did not like using Dallas in the 9th inning last game and running his pitch up a lot with a high tension 9th. So far not seeing any real reason for playing KC although it does help them to be using a lefties.

also saw that and was very surprised Hinch left him in the game when the bases got loaded and the tying run was at the plate

Erasmo has sucked off 6+. 65 innings ERA of 6.92

he's sucked for almost his entire career honestly. Think that's a side i'd like to have, but i'm not sure i will try it

Its a democracy. I am going with Houston RL. Also Ptt. KC I believe IF they lose is 4-11 away on the RL Of course I might lay 2.5

Back