Tuesday Discussion Thread

don't worry guy. won't be long till all
we see is this

PirateAlew said:
You are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content
awesome! i love talking to myself in blank space. But i know all ya'll still peep my threads and comments. too funny. keep telling on yourself, these things and what i do are important to you guys. LOL

lol, i've been known to be asshole but i try so hard not to. i've learned to let so much ignorance and stupidity just slide compared to my old self, just isn't worth the time but fuck, how hard is it to not act like a complete douche bag in the one mlb thread i enjoy?!?!!?
Apparently some need that ego trip. I don't know. I spent several hours capping soccer last night that literally no one on here will watch and if I lose, I'm still gonna go to the pool today and have a cocktail. If I win, I'm going to the pool and having a cocktail.

I simply don't understand that need for success online from acceptance of others. Never will. I don't mind telling anyone I lost 10 straight, it sucks. But if someone faded me and won, I'm genuinely happy for them.

This whole thing got me distracted but back to life things like baseball and grocery shopping today.

In things that dont matter for 500, Alex. What people say on a message board. Especially if it's good, bad or indifferent, its merely opinion.

Apparently some need that ego trip. I don't know. I spent several hours capping soccer last night that literally no one on here will watch and if I lose, I'm still gonna go to the pool today and have a cocktail. If I win, I'm going to the pool and having a cocktail.

I simply don't understand that need for success online from acceptance of others. Never will. I don't mind telling anyone I lost 10 straight, it sucks. But if someone faded me and won, I'm genuinely happy for them.

This whole thing got me distracted but back to life things like baseball and grocery shopping today.
I hear estrogen therapy and pills can cause the side effect of caring too much about what a stranger says online. You're right, dont get distracted by noise. get back to real life and what really matters. Keep your eyes on the prize!

just said this in @jumper12 red sox thread, shocked to see a 3.5 for bello k's. it pricey at -155 but not sure i ever seen a 3.5 for him. i don't play many of these vs kc cause they make contact but shit that low. he did only fan 3 over 6.1 in a start in bos vs these guys but it pretty rare he don't punch out at least 4. weather broke in kc also so not crazy hot.

I hear estrogen therapy and pills can cause the side effect of caring too much about what a stranger says online. You're right, dont get distracted by noise. get back to real life and what really matters. Keep your eyes on the prize!
I don't take estrogen. Is that your experience?

just said this in @jumper12 red sox thread, shocked to see a 3.5 for bello k's. it pricey at -155 but not sure i ever seen a 3.5 for him. i don't play many of these vs kc cause they make contact but shit that low. he did only fan 3 over 6.1 in a start in bos vs these guys but it pretty rare he don't punch out at least 4. weather broke in kc also so not crazy hot.
thanks, i dont like props but pounded this one:)

We sniffed out this 43 year old man child weeks ago. Garbage human being.

@B.A.R. @VirginiaCavs - I think this loser has had enough chances. There's no coincidence every thread ends up with him "laughing" at all of us grown adults calling out his sheer bullshittery. We've all had enough.
I'm not the one calling names or yelling at others like a child or starting arguments for no reason. Thanks for trying. "Garbage". that's the best you got? Very creative, very adult.

@B.A.R. @VirginiaCavs - I think this loser has had enough chances. There's no coincidence every thread ends up with him "laughing" at all of us grown adults calling out his sheer bullshittery. We've all had enough.
Yeah jacking up the discussion thread is a problem

Yeah jacking up the discussion thread is a problem
I merely put in what my picks were, even B.A.R. liked that post in this thread. then you and one other took umbrage to me saying anything "good," apparently. I did not jack the thread. thanks again.

i just rolled with the ignore button, i'm happier already, don't like he be in our thread making up lines but fuck it at least i don't gotta see any more the garbage.

when they score 1 run tonight and he celebrates having the over i won't even see it! im sure some book has 1 for the cubs total at -120!

i just rolled with the ignore button, i'm happier already, don't like he be in our thread making up lines but fuck it at least i don't gotta see any more the garbage.

another man jealous of lines, too funny. Even when said line is posted in a screen shot. I'm dying laughing at the sensitivity here..... :D :D :D :D :D

Also did the 9,5 or 10 even matter in any grand scheme of the game? The total hit 14....you could have had the alt line 12 or 13 and still win. But you're upset about that from yesterday. GOT IT! Now we know who we're dealing with....go back to bed, you do need some sleep.
You can never move on and remain silent. It is your biggest flaw. Either you respond with a laugh or have to comment. Definitely childish to say the least.

You can never move on and remain silent. It is your biggest flaw. Either you respond with a laugh or have to comment. Definitely childish to say the least.
thanks for the judgement around my biggest flaw- "childish", appreciate it. I dont work for burger king, so what i do or say isnt going to be your way, my sincerest apologies in advance for not making you happy. GL.

thanks for the judgement around my biggest flaw- "childish", appreciate it. I dont work for burger king, so what i do or say isnt going to be your way, my sincerest apologies in advance for not making you happy. GL.
No problem. I do hope you will not be posting here much longer. You definitely have ruined a good thing. As much as you talk about stalkers you always seem to come back.

No problem. I do hope you will not be posting here much longer. You definitely have ruined a good thing. As much as you talk about stalkers you always seem to come back.
just for that, i will be posting here longer. thanks for the motivation. I am not the one who ruined anything, its uptight people with raging hormones upset over semantics and BS. Also, i didnt refer to any stalkers here til today, so not sure when you say "much" you evidently are reading up on my posts across the way, which i figured by afew things you said the last few days.

just for that, i will be posting here longer. thanks for the motivation. I am not the one who ruined anything, its uptight people with raging hormones upset over semantics and BS.
With that being said I am pretty sure your crowd here just dwindled by the way you just treated 2 well known respected members here. And tbh you really can't post here if the administration has had enough of this. There is more than likely a good chance if everyone says your the problem, well then you might be the problem.

It escalated today due to things and I hope it's taken care of without doing a formal complaint. That shit stays on your record for 15 years Pirate!

But the long talk has me concerned about the people who actually contribute to one of the best Summer threads on the planet.

I don't mind being the one who does the deed if it's for the greater good. Wasn't even that harsh, just honest.

speaking of cubs game i really think Shota-son blanks the twins. they struggled with hendricks after all, if shota goes heavy splitter amd off speed i think he will get a ton of swing and miss. He's seem to been bit the problem recently, doubt any mistake leaving yard tonight unless it a straight up line drive low rocket! his line drive allowed rate isn't bad. 5.5 k's even money to over feels very generous to me! he has fanned 6+ in 4 of last 5, 11 of last 14 and for most part the teams he didn't get 6+ against were high contact lineups. twins have decent mix of free swingers and contact guys but there more than enough swing and miss in lineup, hell hendricks punched out 5! i like this one a lot!

The laugh thing might require an escalation to the FBI informant desk
Black Helicopters from langley and quantico are always flying over here in central VA, i dont need them landing in the neighborhood, and scaring the little children, thank you though

It escalated today due to things and I hope it's taken care of without doing a formal complaint. That shit stays on your record for 15 years Pirate!

But the long talk has me concerned about the people who actually contribute to one of the best Summer threads on the planet.

I don't mind being the one who does the deed if it's for the greater good. Wasn't even that harsh, just honest.
Goes on my criminal record? without a trial? didnt know there was a "Record." also not the one trolling or name-calling either. again, nice try there too.

With that being said I am pretty sure your crowd here just dwindled by the way you just treated 2 well known respected members here. And tbh you really can't post here if the administration has had enough of this. There is more than likely a good chance if everyone says your the problem, well then you might be the problem.
once again, appreciate the honest feedback. Duly noted. Now, let me give you some advice as someone younger than you- Lighten up, brother. its not good to get this tense over nothing.

What sucks is it's 12:40 here and I've just spent a couple hours on some that has zero effect on life. Grocery run, 113 degrees so pool....and I expect to kick the fuck out of the books today. Like a few angles as mentioned *somewhere* up there before this train wreck. Hope to be back in time to catch up on actual....baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:
"loser." Keep em coming. grown men, this is too funny, thanks for the tuesday entertainment for this retired 43 year old....this is better than the nap that was calling my name and the Hungarian midget handball contest
If you're retired and lying on gambling boards at 43 it seems you have a lot of time to not be that guy. Seems like a good project to work on.

Springs fastball was down 2 or 3 MPH from last year last game against the Marlins... he couldn't make 4 innings, threw 75 pitches, and got hit around a little bit. We have Sonny "August" Gray going who can likely shut down a Rays offense that can't score for shit. STL FF RL -115?

If you're retired and lying on gambling boards at 43 it seems you have a lot of time to not be that guy. Seems like a good project to work on.
def not lying, but also not judging others either. thanks for the entertainment and advice, but next time I'll ask, you just waisted more of your valuable "precious" time. Didnt you have grocery shopping and pool? Glad i inspire so much emotion.

Springs fastball was down 2 or 3 MPH from last year last game against the Marlins... he couldn't make 4 innings, threw 75 pitches, and got hit around a little bit. We have Sonny "August" Gray going who can likely shut down a Rays offense that can't score for shit. STL FF RL -115?
I like it with the -115. I just can't see Springs going past 5. As bad as the Cards were with RISP yesterday I like what you posted and think they can at least hold the lead ff.

ii was just bout to look at his velo and spin from start 1, as i was saying at beginning of thread it sure feels like he coming back earlier than most from TJ doesn't it? think he might not look like himself til next year. what's strange is rays have basically mailed this season in now havnt they? why bring him back before he more than ready? doesn't seem worth the risk cause didn't they just give him a long deal before it happened?

i hate cards vs lhp but that was the idea behind getting pham. you would think with goldy and arenado in middle lhp be cake for them but those 2 been pretty awful. they did smack gore around 2x recently. def agree Gray should shut down rays, he said before last start he figured out whatever he had doing wrong and he pitched like he supposed to, gotta assume he has it figured out whatever "it" was, lol. cards ff -.5 sounds good fo me even if im a tad scared they don't score!

this is more your cup of tea @KJ , do i need to worry bout Cease off the no no? you know i hate this situational shit trying to figure out what's in these mfers heads! everything screams to me pirates ff tt un 1.5 but dunno bout coming off no hitter.

this is more your cup of tea @KJ , do i need to worry bout Cease off the no no? you know i hate this situational shit trying to figure out what's in these mfers heads! everything screams to me pirates ff tt un 1.5 but dunno bout coming off no hitter.
I love the psychology of this. Usually it's autofade...but here were are...you and me and every other guy out there that doesn't even think that no-hitters are a huge deal anymore. I guess if you need to fade it you play Pirates to score in the first. Imo you don't really need to play on Cease, his bullpen is like night/day v PITT pen so there is a lot of wiggle room for the Pads to win. I could see a -1.5 on them even if Cease gives one up in the first.

Going to include SD -.15 in a couple parlays. Get the better starter and by far the better pen.

Back