Tuesday Discussion

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
Golden St @ Atlanta

Previous games between these two put this line at about GSW -2. With recent ATS performances by GSW (Golden State is 2-8 ATS in its last 10 games), and with the history of Atlanta beating GSW, I gotta think that while GSW is going to be favored, it won't be by much. Call it, GSW -2 to GSW -1.

also,

Golden State is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
Atlanta is 5-2 ATS & SU in its last 7 games at home

an interesting tidbit...

The total has gone OVER in 5 of Golden State's last 5 games on the road
The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta's last 5 games when playing Golden State
The total has gone OVER in 12 of Atlanta's last 13 games when playing at home against Golden State

a few thoughts...

The West as we've all seen, is pretty much already in playoff mode. The teams that don't win games like this will fall out of contention. I think GSW will win this game, and they'd fucking better if they want to have any chance at the playoffs. This is especially so since GSW just lost to Atlanta as 7.5pt faves on Feb 22nd.

So there's a vengeance factor here.

I'm not sure the side is the best place to be in any event on this game, because Atlanta still seems to be trying, and if there's one team with enough young athleticism to compete with the Warriors, it's this one. And Atlanta is 1/2 game out of the 8th spot in the east, so it's not like every game doesn't count for their playoff chances, too.

I'd really like to see a total below 210, and if it's even down to 206ish like Feb of 2007, then I'll be all over that like stink on shit.

Biedrins IS traveling with the team, but that's no guarantee he'll play. He's still recovering from an appendectomy.

Chris Webber's knee has started to hurt him. Bad news for an old-ass big man. He's getting an MRI today. results to come...
http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_8435642?nclick_check=1

Woodson expects Acie Law to return to action on Tuesday.
http://www.ajc.com/services/content...awksnot_0303.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>501</TD><TD width=180>Golden State Warriors</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-1</TD><TD align=middle width=85>220</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>502</TD><TD width=180>Atlanta Hawks</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>7:05 pm (NBA) </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>503</TD><TD width=180>Toronto Raptors</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>504</TD><TD width=180>Orlando Magic</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-8</TD><TD align=middle width=85>209</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>7:35 pm </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>505</TD><TD width=180>Seattle Supersonics</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85 bgColor=#666666></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>506</TD><TD width=180>Detroit Pistons</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-14</TD><TD align=middle width=85 bgColor=#666666>194½</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>8:05 pm </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>507</TD><TD width=180>Charlotte Bobcats</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>508</TD><TD width=180>Minnesota Timberwolves</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-5</TD><TD align=middle width=85>197</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>8:35 pm </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>509</TD><TD width=180>Memphis Grizzlies</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>510</TD><TD width=180>Chicago Bulls</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-11½</TD><TD align=middle width=85>205</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>8:35 pm </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>511</TD><TD width=180>New Jersey Nets</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>512</TD><TD width=180>San Antonio Spurs</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-12</TD><TD align=middle width=85>184</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>10:05 pm </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>513</TD><TD width=180>Phoenix Suns</TD><TD align=middle width=85 bgColor=#666666>-3</TD><TD align=middle width=85>208½</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>514</TD><TD width=180>Portland Trailblazers</TD><TD align=middle width=85 bgColor=#666666></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#363636><TD width="100%"><SMALL>10:05 pm </SMALL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width="98%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=35>515</TD><TD width=180>Los Angeles Lakers</TD><TD align=middle width=85>-6½</TD><TD align=middle width=85>219½</TD><TD width=45></TD><TD width=85></TD><TD width=85></TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=35>516</TD><TD width=180>Sacramento Kings</TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD><TD align=middle width=85></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Toronto @ Orlando

Without Bosh, Toronto got killed on the boards by Indiana and Charlotte (Bobcats had them destroyed by 2nd chance points).....how much worse will it be in Orlando? Bosh is out for the week, unless something changes.

Orlando has revenge for getting shelled 127-110 on Feb 20th.

I would expect a line like Orlando -7 or 8, and I'd expect them to win by 15ish.

It depends on how well Orlando shoots from the perimeter and how well the Raptors get kept off the glass, especially limiting defensive rebounds.

Toronto allows the second most three points made in the league with 7.7 per game.
Orlando is second best in the league in three points made with 9.3 per game.

Neither Toronto nor Orlando are likely to change their playoff position anytime soon. Can't see a whole lot of motivation here, especially for the Raptors sitting Bosh for the week.

Chris Bosh not expected to play this week.
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2008/03/bosh-is-going-b.html

oh dude, it's perfect...I only wish I was smart enough to make the dude behind bars somewhat transparent.

I even asked if they'd change me from "Veteran" to "King Rat".

I'm still thoroughly amused by so many peoples' idea that being a rat is somehow a morally bad thing.

:36_11_6:

Billups will play tomorrow

by A. Sherrod Blakely Monday March 03, 2008, 12:30 PM

Chauncey Billups, who had a "personal matter" to take care of that forced him to miss Detroit's 30-point whipping of the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday, said he'll be back in the lineup against Seattle tomorrow.
"It's just some personal business I had to take care of," said Billups, who declined to be any more specific. But it's good, though."
I get the impression that whatever personal matter Billups had to attend to, is done and over with now.

So now the focus - it's supposed to, at least - shifts toward the Seattle Sonics.

But let's be real.
Nobody is thinking much about the Sonics, not with the Boston Celtics right around the corner.
As you can probably imagine, many of the questions following practice today had little to do with the lottery-bound Sonics, but instead were directed toward that "other" green jersey-wearing crew from Beantown.

"We just have to take care of business, as best we can," Billups said. "The games we should win, we just have to take care of business and win them. The other games, we have to try our best to win."
I'll have more later in the Booth Newspapers and on mlive.com from Billups, Pistons coach Flip Saunders and Juan Dixon, who is the latest newcomer to offer up praise for Detroit's harmonious locker room.

At first glance at this card, I would take the GRIZZLIES with the points AND I would take Portland against the LAKE SHOW. Only problem with LA is they have been on fire. Would rather ride a streak than go against 1. Nonetheless, 11.5 points is ALOT, I THINK the GRIZZLIES are an NBA right???

Pups -5

Just broke this one down...like this spot alot for minny...bad sit. spot for bobys...minny should never be favored, but this is a great spot

GSW -1 ? Hawks have won 4 straight games vs them so GSW besides starting a road trip should be focused here. They lost a week ago when hosting ATL minus Stephen Jackson . Who if you dont know by now is the glue to this GSW team despite Baron and Monta's excellent play. Without SJ 2-7 with him 30-15. GSW is 9-2 SU as road chalk and 7--4 ATS. Over 220 should be solid as well...

Bosh , Nelson and Dooling ??? Orlando has major payback from getting smoked up in Toronto. Without Bosh 0-3 SU / ATS away this season. They just havent looked good past 2 games...would lean Orlando...but not crazy about the points..

Not ready to back Sea in DET but Sonics now 6-0-1 L7 ATS away and I believe 5-4-1(5-2-1 L8) ATS catching DDs on the road...0-2 SU and ATS off OT this year..1st game back for Det and Billups with2 days off...looking at though this should be 15 or 16 IMO..

Charlotte is a terrible FT shooting team and yet is off a 24 for 26 performance( now 70.5 % at home). Bobcats 7-18 -1 ATS away...Wolves 4-2 ATS as chalk...there was some concerned raised about Minny just showing up and going through the motions on Sunday for the 1st Half. So I think they come out focused here...looking at 1st H -3...but lean Wolves regardless...

memphis and Chi equal two terrible 4th quarter teams...might entertain an over. No way does CHi deserve to lay 11 aainst anyone after choking 2 straight games away...possible over ? Grizz dropped 8 straight vs the number

While I stupidly layed NJ on SUnday without much research I was shocked to see just ONE time inthe past 10 that NJN had stayed within 1o,11 points !Nachbar day to day. Nets 1st H possible because SA struggles at home in the 1st H and NJ knows it needs a good start to compete...

Blazers appear to be straightening themself out . Suns are extremely tough to back in the near future.

Kings +5.5 : Think Sac is 10-3 ATS as home pups...8-5 SU with two 2 pt losses to Cle and Pho in those home pup games....10-2 L12 at home...LAL as I said for the most part beat up on real shit teams during its huge run...the good teams have given them games...so this seems to call for a ML play and ATS play...only 2 of the 10 Home dog covers werent wins and they missed by 2..They lost @ Portland and never really lead and Dallas just gave them a heck of a game on Sunday..also not LAL was on a huge spread run and has now dropped 3 of four and barely covered @ home vs Miami..1st meeting of the year always a war when they meet even if the names have changed some......lots of scoring..

BOL all:cheers::shake:

chicago doesnt play as a team. teams cover 11.5, not a bunch of individuals looking to get theirs.

* im beginning to hate luol deng more than Captain Clank of late.

FWIW....Line movements

GSW opened -1.5 now +2

DET total rised 191.5 to 194.5

MEM total rose 203-208

PHX opened 4...now 2

LAL total rose from 217.5 to 220.5

I'm very irritated by the Suns move, though it's hardly unexpected, it pretty much means I may as well not play it.

the Warriors, OTOH, as a dog, sounds awfully nice...

Red, I went ahead and played the Suns ML tonight. Thinking on a hunch (hopeful as it is) that Phoenix takes a step forward and starts righting the ship a little.

I'd hate laying chalk with that bunch of punks, but GL. This is probably their best chance at a win until Memphis comes to Phoenix on the 11th.

taking GSW, PHOENIX, MEMPHIS, SACTO.

tease it parlay it do whatever you want. GL gentlemen.

can I pout about it? Cus that's what I really want to do with this card.......

scared.gif

GSW -1 ? Hawks have won 4 straight games vs them so GSW besides starting a road trip should be focused here. They lost a week ago when hosting ATL minus Stephen Jackson . Who if you dont know by now is the glue to this GSW team despite Baron and Monta's excellent play. Without SJ 2-7 with him 30-15. GSW is 9-2 SU as road chalk and 7--4 ATS. Over 220 should be solid as well...

Bosh , Nelson and Dooling ??? Orlando has major payback from getting smoked up in Toronto. Without Bosh 0-3 SU / ATS away this season. They just havent looked good past 2 games...would lean Orlando...but not crazy about the points..

Not ready to back Sea in DET but Sonics now 6-0-1 L7 ATS away and I believe 5-4-1(5-2-1 L8) ATS catching DDs on the road...0-2 SU and ATS off OT this year..1st game back for Det and Billups with2 days off...looking at though this should be 15 or 16 IMO..

Charlotte is a terrible FT shooting team and yet is off a 24 for 26 performance( now 70.5 % at home). Bobcats 7-18 -1 ATS away...Wolves 4-2 ATS as chalk...there was some concerned raised about Minny just showing up and going through the motions on Sunday for the 1st Half. So I think they come out focused here...looking at 1st H -3...but lean Wolves regardless...

memphis and Chi equal two terrible 4th quarter teams...might entertain an over. No way does CHi deserve to lay 11 aainst anyone after choking 2 straight games away...possible over ? Grizz dropped 8 straight vs the number

While I stupidly layed NJ on SUnday without much research I was shocked to see just ONE time inthe past 10 that NJN had stayed within 1o,11 points !Nachbar day to day. Nets 1st H possible because SA struggles at home in the 1st H and NJ knows it needs a good start to compete...

Blazers appear to be straightening themself out . Suns are extremely tough to back in the near future.

Kings +5.5 : Think Sac is 10-3 ATS as home pups...8-5 SU with two 2 pt losses to Cle and Pho in those home pup games....10-2 L12 at home...LAL as I said for the most part beat up on real shit teams during its huge run...the good teams have given them games...so this seems to call for a ML play and ATS play...only 2 of the 10 Home dog covers werent wins and they missed by 2..They lost @ Portland and never really lead and Dallas just gave them a heck of a game on Sunday..also not LAL was on a huge spread run and has now dropped 3 of four and barely covered @ home vs Miami..1st meeting of the year always a war when they meet even if the names have changed some......lots of scoring..

BOL all:cheers::shake:

Okay lets look what I bet now...

Over 222 GSW ..smart..
ATL ML ...stupid...let a line move dictate my play...
Orlando -9...smart..listened to me again..
Pistons 1st and 2nd H ...stupid...whats SEA #s on the road and catching DD's?? - Answer very good
Wolves 2nd H - stupid they were begging for Minny dough with 4.5's ( only 1/2unit at least)
Over 208 Chi and 105 2nd H ...will see...but at least I played my lean
NJ +6.5 1st H...up 7 after 1 , down 7 at half...SA OWNS them
Under 208 Port ..1/2 unit
Kings +6.5 , +5.5 and 1/2 ML but no ober yet...will see

:36_11_6:Go KINGS!

It IS 6.5 at bookmaker.

I got 4 at matchbook.

draw your own conclusions. I think the Lakers will win. I can be wrong.

:shake:

Its 4 at Pinny as well. I liked Sac from the get go but to have such a heavily backed team come out short always sends up my caution flag...

Back