Tuesday Discussion Thread

Read this on Twitter, but Braves have won 23 in a row when favored vs a team with a losing record at night.

As mentioned yesterday this CWS/BAL series could be pivotal to the WC. I don't prescribe to must/need to win BS...but they will likely be micromanaged games which means lots of pitching changes and delays. For me that means unders, and if you don't like the starters it likely means live unders.

As mentioned yesterday this CWS/BAL series could be pivotal to the WC. I don't prescribe to must/need to win BS...but they will likely be micromanaged games which means lots of pitching changes and delays. For me that means unders, and if you don't like the starters it likely means live unders.

I really want to take O’s this series, thought I would get a little more plus money on Voth vs Cease tho! I dunno if that O’s finally getting respect or the lack of respect for cws? There really nothing special about Voth but he has been good enough to keep his team in games, I would expect more the same against a not very good cws lineup. Stros were the 1st team in forever that made Cease pay for walking too many guys, he has mostly gotten away with it. I kinda feel like O’s will be able to make him pay for the walks also. I’d lean to the Ff playing to the under just cause Cease has been really stingy giving up runs but those walks scare me!

I really want to take O’s this series, thought I would get a little more plus money on Voth vs Cease tho! I dunno if that O’s finally getting respect or the lack of respect for cws? There really nothing special about Voth but he has been good enough to keep his team in games, I would expect more the same against a not very good cws lineup. Stros were the 1st team in forever that made Cease pay for walking too many guys, he has mostly gotten away with it. I kinda feel like O’s will be able to make him pay for the walks also. I’d lean to the Ff playing to the under just cause Cease has been really stingy giving up runs but those walks scare me!
I'm more interested in managers bringong in relief pitchers for matchup reasons. Thus the lean on late inning unders.

Pitcher rematch in Philly (everyone knows I hate these!!). Both Suarez and Lodolo were dominant when they faced off in cincy last week. Only win reds got that series as they scored 1 in bottom the 9th to win 1-0, now at Philly we can get bout 50 cents more plus on reds and the total has dropped a half run. I’m not sure reds lineup is good enough to make adjustments and hit Suarez but honestly I trust Lodolo to be good again more than I do Suarez I just don’t trust reds lineup. Maybe Ff under 4?

I'm more interested in managers bringong in relief pitchers for matchup reasons. Thus the lean on late inning unders.

I really prefer to avoid that part the game as it harder to cap when I’m not sure which pitchers they gonna bring in? I def give the edge to whomever managing vs Tony. They have to either bring pitcher in at end the inning or they have to face 3 guys now days so can’t really micromanage the way I’m sure TRL would love to do and bring in another pitcher for every batter!! I’ve always felt like CWS has lot of filth in the pen but most of them get hit more than I would think a guy with that kinda stuff should! O’s have the better pen era. I think im just taking the plus money on the team at home who I actually think is better!

I really prefer to avoid that part the game as it harder to cap when I’m not sure which pitchers they gonna bring in? I def give the edge to whomever managing vs Tony. They have to either bring pitcher in at end the inning or they have to face 3 guys now days so can’t really micromanage the way I’m sure TRL would love to do and bring in another pitcher for every batter!! I’ve always felt like CWS has lot of filth in the pen but most of them get hit more than I would think a guy with that kinda stuff should! O’s have the better pen era. I think im just taking the plus money on the team at home who I actually think is better!
Thought they just needed to record an out. Great just another thing to read up on.

Thought they just needed to record an out. Great just another thing to read up on.

Im almost positive they have to face 3 guys, unless they come in with a out or 2 and finish the inning then you can obviously start a new inning with another pitcher.,

Cards getting shit on by some kid I never heard of making his 1st big league start I believe. Mfer has walked 4 and yet we got nothing off him. Is he a legit prospect @Ryno14 ?

[DiGiovanna] #Angels announce that they have initiated a formal process to evaluate strategic alternatives, including a possible sale of the team, owner Arte Moreno says

This comment is classic:

"Strategic alternatives to achieve what? Winning? Then yes, selling the team is a good idea to put on the table"

If cards go on to lose gm1 even pitching a opener In game 2 I think ya gotta play them at the pretty cheap price, as hot they are it be pretty shocking if they lose both in a DH to scrubbies!!

Cards getting shit on by some kid I never heard of making his 1st big league start I believe. Mfer has walked 4 and yet we got nothing off him. Is he a legit prospect @Ryno14 ?
I don’t know that I’d use legit. He’s a guy that probably wasn’t even in the Top 50 last year. He lost a ton of weight in the off-season and it added a couple MPH on his fastball and allowed him to go longer into games. Has like 6 pitches and is kind of a location guy. He’s been pretty great in minors this year - maybe enough to move into Top 30 prospects. I took em +170 just because I thought that price was a little crazy but I didn’t love it

I don’t know that I’d use legit. He’s a guy that probably wasn’t even in the Top 50 last year. He lost a ton of weight in the off-season and it added a couple MPH on his fastball and allowed him to go longer into games. Has like 6 pitches and is kind of a location guy. He’s been pretty great in minors this year - maybe enough to move into Top 30 prospects. I took em +170 just because I thought that price was a little crazy but I didn’t love it

Had I known he threw that many pitches I prob woulda considered Ff against waino. I just left it alone, I really wanted to play waino under 4.5 k’s when I saw the price but I’m a pussy and can never bring myself to play under props. So strange, I been a mostly under guy with totals in every sport my whole life, I discover props and all a sudden it over or nothing! Lol. It a damn shame cause with the nba 3s and now pitcher k’s I feel like I’ve had a pretty good feel for when the numbers started getting inflated and I should play the under but I tried a few and failed and without the confidence of proven success I gave up on it quickly and just continue hunting for overs or pass. lol

It like the fact I have had success with over props in every sport the last year it opened the flood gates to finally be able to not be the boring under guy!! Lol., at some point I think it would be wise to diversify and play some unders tho!!

Seems odd losing weight would help add velo don’t it? Stands to reason the bigger you are the more you should be able to get on the ball, but I guess Pedro Martinez would disagree, lol.

Washington Nationals vs Seattle Mariners​

Nationals are 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Seattle.

Nationals are 13-4 in the last 17 meetings.

The Over is 4-0-2 in Ray’s last 6 starts.

Just Sayin...

WAS +236

WAS +1.5 +110

Over 7.5 +105

Back