Tuesday 11/12/13 NBA discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - TUE 11/12[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 11/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]503[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Washington Wizards[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 208 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]504[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Dallas Mavericks[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 208 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Tue 11/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]505[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Detroit Pistons[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 201 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]506[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-9 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 201 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Tue 11/12[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]507[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]New Orleans Pelicans[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-3.5 2.000[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 198 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]508[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Los Angeles Lakers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+3.5 1.909[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 198 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

New Orleans should be favorites against both Lakers and Utah. I really doubt they will win both.
I think we can try and fade them today and if they win, fade them against Utah again.

I really think the Pelicans win today divol. Nash and Blake being out will shorten their rotation even more. That bench has done miracles but i don't think they will today.

I also think that NO will win today and lose tomorrow to be honest, but usually, I like to have plan B, in case Pelicans will decide to lose today, instead of tomorrow.

Lakers problem is that they simply shoot poorly and they got nothing to offer besides that.

We can see in both Lakers and Houston that the moment they cool off, they got really little to offer at this point.

Yup pelicans are in tough spot tomorrow. If only Utah was a good team. Not very often you'll be able to get plus money against a team coming to Utah or Denver on a b2b from California

@MikeAScotto: LeBron James on Miami's 4-3 record: "These first seven games we're playing like sh** defensively."

Will be on the heat. Hoping it keeps going down. Two days off after the celtics debacle and two days off after tonight's tilt means full effort and a thrashing of the bucks

In GS a little worried about the game spread with the OKC look ahead but Detroit lost by 4 in the first quarter yesterday and GS in their first 2 home games won by 10 each in the first quarter--
By the way been a little remiss. Suns at home 4-0 ATS first quarter and 1-2 ATS away with the 1 win a little suspect.
Reffs in the GS game are 10-2 ATS for the home team for 2 and no record for 3 so GS as a side is not crazy

Last edited:
I kinda like the Heat too, i just don't know if their game is good enough right now to cover that spread. Maybe a 1H bet could be a better option.

I kinda like the Heat too, i just don't know if their game is good enough right now to cover that spread. Maybe a 1H bet could be a better option.
Think I might go with the MIL TT Under 91.5. In 8 games last season (including playoffs), MIL averaged exactly 91, and that was with legitimate scoring threats like Jennings, Ellis and Dunleavy. Now they go into an arena where they've only put up 92 or more once their last 7 visits with one of the lowest scoring, as well as one of the most slow paced offenses in the league.

Mind you, a lot depends on what kind of pressure Miami brings, but this might not be the worst bet in the world (if anything, it might not be too bad an idea to take the FT under and then try to middle at the half).

Read this
[TABLE="class: forum"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: forumhead"]r:[/TD]
[TD="class: forumhead"][NBA Betting] Topic: Golden State action[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: sp-info"]
[TD] widenerDUDE[/TD]
[TD]RSI
View Space | Friends | Playbook |[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: forumpost"]
0.gif

Veteran
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#1
Posted: 11/12/2013 1:46:15 PM
Golden State has ended its four game road trip against two very good teams including Memphis which is always a grind and pound type physical team. I expect Golden State to put on a show when they finally return home and put up numbers in a hurry in the first half. The two games at home this year so far have had first half totals of 59 and 56 for Curry and company and I do not expect that trend to stop tonight against the Pistons. My plays are:

Golden State over 27 points 1Q -115
$115.00 to win $100.00

Golden State over 53.5 points 1H -115
$115.00 to win $100.00

BOL and as always, thoughts and opinions are welcome. Will probably post a player prop or two closer to game-time as well.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Detroit had 2 days off before yesterday and Detroit has 2 days off after this game. I like first quarter but these might be better as well as the game over..

Not that surprising. Detroit is really a pretty good team who has good reason to dislike GS and a all things considered fine rest spot. GS is dealing with a look ahead. Detroit just wants to screw GS to the wall.

Bucks are so banged, i really don't see how they can keep up with a Heat team that should come out blazing. 1H bet is really growing on me.

Miami -8 1H and -13.5 FG locked. The Bucks will have zero inside presence with Sanders out (Zaza is a go, but he should come rusty), so they they will have to rely once again on shooting. If the Heat come out focused on defense, the pressure they will put on the Bucks should result in a lot of missed shots and turnovers. That should be murder against one of the worst transition defenses in the league.

For some reason unable to cut and past Killer sports trends.
They like Heat Over
They Like Detroit and GS
They like the Wizards
They do not like the Wizards
They like Wizards under

live in the miami area and watch a lot of heat games (i'm a celtic fan and have little use for the heat except that they have the best player on the planet that is fun to watch dissect a game)…..paradox i understand your line of thinking and i am inclined to agree that you are correct but historically the heat have been a better second half bet than first half (i think)….last year i made some money waiting until half time while a disinterested heat team jogged through the first half and then was able to bet them at a very favorable number for the second half when they decided to try….i think they are in "we'll try when it matters" mode but i will be on the game with you and will look at the second half….good luck

live in the miami area and watch a lot of heat games (i'm a celtic fan and have little use for the heat except that they have the best player on the planet that is fun to watch dissect a game)…..paradox i understand your line of thinking and i am inclined to agree that you are correct but historically the heat have been a better second half bet than first half (i think)….last year i made some money waiting until half time while a disinterested heat team jogged through the first half and then was able to bet them at a very favorable number for the second half when they decided to try….i think they are in "we'll try when it matters" mode but i will be on the game with you and will look at the second half….good luck

Yep, i made a ton of money betting Miami 4th quarter last year, but i think this is a perfect spot to bet the Heat in the 1st half. That defense enphasis by Lebron convinced me.

TV: League pass

• Heat starter Udonis Haslem will miss his second straight game because of a back spasms. Haslem went through the morning shootaround, but was a last-minute scratch from the lineup. Forward Shane Battier is expected to replace him in the starting lineup.
  • Miami guard Ray Allen will also not play. According to coach Erik Spoelstra, Allen is “under the weather.” His absence could mean more minutes for Roger Mason Jr., off the bench.
  • For the Bucks, guard Brandon Knight will continue to come off the bench. Knight is still working his way back from a hamstring injury that sidelined him three games. Coach Larry Drew said Knight is expected to play about 15 minutes.
  • Milwaukee will also start Khris Middleton at forward in place of John Henson.

Had little time to think about these games but with the Lakers playing first game of a b-b that ends in Denver tomorrow I have to look at the Lakers tonight especially with what appear to be favorable refs. Just looking so far. Small play on Lakers. Odd fact, with these refs the Lakers have won every home game.

Last edited:
1H spread cashes. Need the Heat to make a run in the 3rd, if the Bucks hang around the FG spread may be in risk.

1H spread cashes. Need the Heat to make a run in the 3rd, if the Bucks hang around the FG spread may be in risk.

Why do they need to make a run? They are up 11. Even if the Bucks hang around where they are now, the Heat can cover in one possession late in the game. People worry too much about their bets, it does nothing but make you go crazy. Tune the game out and check the final score, you've already won your 1h wager.

Why do they need to make a run? They are up 11. Even if the Bucks hang around where they are now, the Heat can cover in one possession late in the game. People worry too much about their bets, it does nothing but make you go crazy. Tune the game out and check the final score, you've already won your 1h wager.

its a gambling forum... what else are supposed to post?

Because the Heat have on multiple times snoozed through games after getting a comfortable lead, and end up winning by a small margin. I'd like for that not to happen. And i actually enjoy watching the games, it helps with my capping.

Because the Heat have on multiple times snoozed through games after getting a comfortable lead, and end up winning by a small margin. I'd like for that not to happen. And i actually enjoy watching the games, it helps with my capping.

:shake:

Watch them after the fact, you can still get your info for your capping...and it'll be a lot less stressful that way.

:shake:

Watch them after the fact, you can still get your info for your capping...and it'll be a lot less stressful that way.

Although it may have "sounded" like i was stressed, i'm pretty chill. I wish i had the time to watch the games after, but most times i don't.

Considering the Pelicans here. Looking at tomorrow's line, Denver's a 10pt fav over lakers. Denver shouldn't be 10pt faves to no one. IMO this tells me just how bad the lake show is right now...

Considering the Pelicans here. Looking at tomorrow's line, Denver's a 10pt fav over lakers. Denver shouldn't be 10pt faves to no one. IMO this tells me just how bad the lake show is right now...
and then Pelicans go to Utah.....

Placed a small wager on GSW -3.5 1st qtr. This is a team that feeds from the home crowd and always starts with energy. I'm hoping they jump on the Pistons early like they tend to do against most teams.

Back