Transfer Portal Thread: Emphasis on QB's

Basically FA is upon us for real now. Someone is gonna be real happy having Joe Milton as their QB the next few years. Sigh...

Myles Sims Michigan Portal. This is a suprise. Highely rated but the word is he hasn't put any weight on since getting on campus. He's slipped behind on the depth chart.

Interesting enough, some OSU faithful are upset that the NCAA is allowing players to transfer whenever now ... Which is odd since they have Justin Fucking Fields :complaining::confused3:

But, Baldwin makes sense. He has same eligibility as Fields. He gotta go. I still expect Milton to enter Portal at Michigan (I really hope not but the QB room is 4 deep right now).

But, Baldwin makes sense. He has same eligibility as Fields. He gotta go. I still expect Milton to enter Portal at Michigan (I really hope not but the QB room is 4 deep right now).

This seems to be more of a personal departure rather than a football related one. He was actually in a good position in that he'd be getting guaranteed PT for the next two seasons in mop up duty and any time Fields had gotten dinged up. And then he would've been in prime position to win the starting job as a junior. Baldwin lacks experience - he only played one season of HS ball and was injured for the entirety of his freshman year. I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in spring games but it's clear he wasn't ready to play this year. I can't imagine power 5 schools salivating over that performance and are now kicking down his door to offer him a starting gig for this upcoming season.

With that said, it looks like having a legit 2nd string qb is going to be an absolute luxury in the modern landscape of college football. These kids are just gonna transfer all over the place rather than ride the pine.

And if you're a top program recruiting 4 and 5 star quarterbacks, your days of letting them sit and develop for 2-3 years before playing are over. And honestly, I think that will hurt the kids just as much as it will hurt the programs.

Yeah spring games are tough. I read one report that says he outperformed Fields.

Nah I wouldn't say that. Neither looked "good". Fields at least flashed a bit with a pass or two and some showed off his wheels.

Baldwin just looked plain bad.

Peters officially in the portal. This is no surprise as Purdue has been basically a done deal since last fall. Things can change and he will be a solid addition somewhere. He isn't without talent at all.

So this kid was roommates with the other kid who entered Portal after 15 practices. That kid did so due to some sexual assault cases coming. Well, this kid here (Steele) walked in on one of them and tried to or did stop it. He asked to be moved to another dorm and was told he had to wait. So, see ya. Good for this kid.

He was a teammate of DJU at St Bosco. I wonder whether there's any interest in or from Clemson.

Clemson LB Shaq Lawson entered the transfer portal with a "do not contact" request.

He and James Skalski were expected to replace the departed Tre Lamar and Kendall Joseph in the starting lineup, to go along with returning starter Isaiah Simmons (Sam/Nickel).

Smith is from Baltimore, and has a daughter back home. One of his high school coaches was recently hired by Maryland, so everything points to the Terps.

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryla...b-transfer-portal-mike-locksley-cory-robinson

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2019/5/15/18625029/lb-shaq-smith-enters-transfer-portal

Clemson LB Shaq Lawson entered the transfer portal with a "do not contact" request.

He and James Skalski were expected to replace the departed Tre Lamar and Kendall Joseph in the starting lineup, to go along with returning starter Isaiah Simmons (Sam/Nickel).

Smith is from Baltimore, and has a daughter back home. One of his high school coaches was recently hired by Maryland, so everything points to the Terps.

https://www.testudotimes.com/maryla...b-transfer-portal-mike-locksley-cory-robinson

https://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2019/5/15/18625029/lb-shaq-smith-enters-transfer-portal

Depth will be an issue at linebacker as the second team will consist of a R-So and two R-Fr who have combined for a total of 13 tackles.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I haven't had time to watch any spring stuff yet.
Both stunk, Fields has a lot of work to do. Offense and playmakers will generate him some stats, just not sold on him mentally yet. Luckily have laughable early season schedule.

I think it's done. What a clown.

Yes, a clown indeed. I'll tell ya what, I'd love to see the college success(overall) of these kids that commit to several different schools (aka, wishy-washy). I would consider this kid just an extension of that to be honest. I would guess that the rate of success(however you want to determine that) is pretty low.

LSU WR #7( WORST to EVER don the number....for many reasons) Giles to hit the portal

This the dude that left Tex Tech after a great rook campaign.....a shitty-ish next go....sat out and came to LSU

Guy was AWFUL.....

not sure where this kid going or who would want

Illinois gets B.P. from Michigan. It was all but assured he was going to Purdue since last fall but something happened there. Maybe his girl dumped him. He'll have a better chance to get some snaps in Champaign anyways as a 2nd string perhaps.

Back