Transfer Portal Thread: Emphasis on QB's

Joshua Jackson VT qb (Saline, MI) transferring. That's about 4 today for VT off a 6-7 season. Fuente's seat getting hot. Jackson a solid if unspectacular QB. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Be a healthy separation, Fuentes was never going to succeed there after Beamer and he should find something else well before the candle burns out. VT identity will always be tough, DEF/ST types first and they should be.

Be a healthy separation, Fuentes was never going to succeed there after Beamer and he should find something else well before the candle burns out. VT identity will always be tough, DEF/ST types first and they should be.

Fuentes a former Sooner so i root for him but i separate that from simply being realistic and looking at the facts. he is in over his head a bit at VaTech or maybe it's a culture thing there in Blacksburg. that said, while i agree with VT identity as you stated it, they need to get with the times if they want to win in the ACC which is improving as a whole..

That schedule next year...

:)

About damn time in this conf. I'm not a fan of our non con this past year and the next two years though. Colorado shouldn't be the marquee matchup. We get OU in 21 (50th year anniversary of The Game of the Century) and 22 so that's more like it.

Somebody came on the husker board and said we ducked the big teams. Then I listed off our home and homes from this century. Penn St from before we were in big ten, nd, usc, va tech, miami, oregon, ucla, Washington, pitt, and wake. Not too bad. Got tenn, zona, OU again and Colorado again lined up. I wish there were more good non conf games.

About damn time in this conf. I'm not a fan of our non con this past year and the next two years though. Colorado shouldn't be the marquee matchup. We get OU in 21 (50th year anniversary of The Game of the Century) and 22 so that's more like it.

Somebody came on the husker board and said we ducked the big teams. Then I listed off our home and homes from this century. Penn St from before we were in big ten, nd, usc, va tech, miami, oregon, ucla, Washington, pitt, and wake. Not too bad. Got tenn, zona, OU again and Colorado again lined up. I wish there were more good non conf games.
1981 non-con schedule: Iowa, Florida State, Penn State, Auburn (plus Clemson in Orange Bowl)

1981 non-con schedule: Iowa, Florida State, Penn State, Auburn (plus Clemson in Orange Bowl)

they were fortunate that in 1981 florida state (6-5) and auburn (5-6) had bad years. it was pat dye's first year as coach of auburn. yes i had to look it up because i did not start following football until 1986

The good ol days when Nebraska and Oklahoma would roll into every big 8 game with more players on the sidelines than other teams players/coaches/band/cheerleaders combined. Had two of a bunch of uniform numbers...I probably started going to games in '84 or '85 I guess but those were some lean years

The good ol days when Nebraska and Oklahoma would roll into every big 8 game with more players on the sidelines than other teams players/coaches/band/cheerleaders combined. Had two of a bunch of uniform numbers...I probably started going to games in '84 or '85 I guess but those were some lean years

Our current roster is back in the 140s.

they were fortunate that in 1981 florida state (6-5) and auburn (5-6) had bad years. it was pat dye's first year as coach of auburn. yes i had to look it up because i did not start following football until 1986
My favorite Nebraska team is the '83 team. They played a bunch of games with crazy scores that have never been replicated:

84-13, 69-19, 72-29, 67-13 -- those are all scores that have never happened again in D-1A, and 51-25 has only happened once since then. Tough ending to the season, though.

Fuentes a former Sooner so i root for him but i separate that from simply being realistic and looking at the facts. he is in over his head a bit at VaTech or maybe it's a culture thing there in Blacksburg. that said, while i agree with VT identity as you stated it, they need to get with the times if they want to win in the ACC which is improving as a whole..

Virginia Tech redshirt sophomore QB Hendon Hooker entered the NCAA transfer portal.
The mass exodus at Virginia Tech continues unabated, with Hooker joining QB Joshua Jackson, RB DeShawn McClease and WR Eric Kumah in exploring a potential move out of Blacksburg. Hooker (6'4/225) signed with the Hokies as a three-star recruit in the 2017 class, but managed just four pass attempts for the past season after taking a redshirt his first year on campus. With both Jackson and Hooker looking to be on their way out, Virginia Tech is left exceedingly thin at quarterback behind Ryan Willis. For all of the promise that HC Justin Fuente's hiring initially brought following Frank Beamer's retirement, this is a program which seems to have fallen off the rails by degrees over the past year-plus.

Virginia Tech redshirt sophomore QB Hendon Hooker entered the NCAA transfer portal.
The mass exodus at Virginia Tech continues unabated, with Hooker joining QB Joshua Jackson, RB DeShawn McClease and WR Eric Kumah in exploring a potential move out of Blacksburg. Hooker (6'4/225) signed with the Hokies as a three-star recruit in the 2017 class, but managed just four pass attempts for the past season after taking a redshirt his first year on campus. With both Jackson and Hooker looking to be on their way out, Virginia Tech is left exceedingly thin at quarterback behind Ryan Willis. For all of the promise that HC Justin Fuente's hiring initially brought following Frank Beamer's retirement, this is a program which seems to have fallen off the rails by degrees over the past year-plus.

Eeesh. not working out for Justin in Blacksburg

Has he been charged? Kinda odd

Boy The Noles look like shit at QB

Josh Jackson anyone?

I wonder if they pluck Lance Legendre from NO......REAL unpolished, but big arm, big kid

I want him at LSU

Josh Jackson anyone?

I wonder if they pluck Lance Legendre from NO......REAL unpolished, but big arm, big kid

I want him at LSU

second unique accusation in a year. when that happens it is time to go, just based on the accusation because it is becoming a trend and it is trouble. also had a marijuana charge. the kid is trouble, unfortunately. bye bye.

(super talented and no way taggart wanted to kick him off but he really had no choice. if the kid does not get punished with something meaningful then how will he learn to keep his hands off women?)

Josh Jackson anyone?

I want him at LSU
We are in the mix for his services. Briles is in the lead for his signature.

Nick Starkel joins the mix. Looking for a new home. Currently weighing options. Weird b/c I felt he was head and shoulders above Mond. Maybe not in the running category, but throws a much more catchable ball. Mond reminds me of Kap. Maybe it is the upright running or throwing motion, or the gpfact that he throws a 100mph slant. Can’t put my finger on it. Either way, should see Nick in a different uniform next year. Due to graduate in spring, so instantly eligible.

lotta interesting shit going on here

Davin Cotton LSU enters

5 star AU OT also

OK SDE too i think

crazy

of all the LSU kid is weird.....we like don't have bodies on D line.....think about that for a sec

Former Eastern Washington quarterback Gage Gubrud has won an appeal for an additional year of eligibility and will spend his final season as a graduate transfer at Washington State.

Nick Starkel joins the mix. Looking for a new home. Currently weighing options. Weird b/c I felt he was head and shoulders above Mond. Maybe not in the running category, but throws a much more catchable ball. Mond reminds me of Kap. Maybe it is the upright running or throwing motion, or the gpfact that he throws a 100mph slant. Can’t put my finger on it. Either way, should see Nick in a different uniform next year. Due to graduate in spring, so instantly eligible.

If I needed a qb, I'd be after him.

Back