Today Is Sunday, And This Play Is HUGE!!!

Sparky1019

Pretty much a regular
No record update...don't have it on me. Been in the baseball forum and stayed away from NBA for a bit. But here is my biggest play of the basketball season. So... Anyway, on to today.

Sonics +12.5 -110
Risking $2200 to win $2000
Really don't understand this line at all. The Sonics are playing on their home court, and are wanting to win this game more then any team ever wanted to win a game. Being 3-0 against a team during the season is good enough to want revenge...but when you beat a team by 52 points, putting up the season high on them, AND beating them 3 times out of 3 in a season, you better watch yourself coming onto their court the next time out. The Kings had revenge on their mind, and normally they are a pretty poor team on the road, as the big line showed, and they still went out there and played their hearts out on the Nuggets home floor and won. And the big thing was their star player was battling the stomach flu, and had one of the best games of his season. All because of this thing called revenge. Now the Nuggets have to go from Denver to Seattle, while the Sonics are about to play their 7th game in a row at home, with a day off. So after the battle that Denver lost last night, coming into a game like this will really be a scare for them. The Sonics are the best rebounding team in the league, and nothing is going to stop them today. They win this game outright, and the only reason I don't take the moneyline is because it's too high for my local to put on their site. I don't give a shit that the Nuggets are fighting for a playoff spot, the Sonics are fighting to keep their dignity, and that may be a little more important tonight.
Prediction: Sonics 117 Nuggets 111

BOL All. Have A Great Day.
Peace_5.gif

i thought of the same thing, but another respected poster at the 'other' site said that the sonics had the same revenge mentality for that game. they had lost by 40 pts at seattle 3 weeks prior to that game. while i tend to agree with this pride angle, i just don't think seattle has the talent to keep within the number--motivation, yes, but not overall ability.:hang:

What doesnt help here is Seattle is without Wilcox, which makes them a lot worse, and he played in the 2 thrashings Denver has already handed out to this team.

Seattle thrashed back then, now their lineup is worse? one would think this line can be explained by Denver being B2B on the road, but then they had 3 days rest before yesterday's game, so it's largely irrelevant. If they were playing with rest, it'd be 2-3 pts higher imo.

BOL Sparky.

smo1a Thanks. :shake: Good Luck to you too. :cheers:

linewatcher I understand that...but I just think this is different. They were made a joke after that game, unlike the one where they lost by 40 because of the 168 spot that the Nuggets put up. All over ESPN they had the spanking. ESPNews was "Nuggets score 168 against Seattle". It is tough to win 4 games against a team in a season, and if the Nuggets do that, then they won't cover the big spread. :shake:

BetCrimes I agree with the points. Wilcox has been out for a while, and he is a big part of their team, but I think Durant and Collison will get some massive rebounds and won't give Denver those 2nd chance shots. And last night's game was an intense game. Just as intense as an overtime game, but the Nuggets were defeated mentally too. When your playing at home, and you lost your first home game in over a month to a team that you should easily beat, it drains you a bit, and I think the Nuggets are drained more emotionally then physically. I just believe that the Sonics will really fight tonight and pull out a well deserved win. The only thing that I am pissed about is that the line is already moving up which suprises me as I thought people may have thought the same way I have. I guess not. :shake:

GL sir...not sure I dig it, but I won't be laying 12 on the road with a team that doesn't bother with defense, thats for sure.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's not over yet. Please no congratulations. I am a pretty superstitous person. So...(Knock on wood) (Knock on wood) (Knock on wood) :shake:

Back