TNT Thursday Doubleheader Thoughts and Plays

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, I didn't have a chance to see any scores tonight till just a bit ago. I found out I one when I opened my phone and saw a "new AIM mesage" from ABCS congratulating me on "another lucky win". Its aight. I like being envied ;).

Looking forward to the LA-DET game Thursday night. Lakers have gotten blown out by DET 2 of last 3 meetings. The third of those last year in LA was when DET was killen them only to collapse in 4th qtr and lose on a getaway game out west. The game at the Palace last year and out at Staples this year were dominated by the Stons.

I expect a pretty good game here. Detroit is really starting to show how efficient this offense can be. Its funny, Flip was indicating the other day that this team scores more when they run up and down less. The game against New Jersey I believe they only had like 5 fastbreak points or something. The addition of Big 84 has made this offense more lively and they can basically get whatever shot they want at anytime. Its scary to think how more fluid they will be in a month. I don't really see how the Lakers can stop them down low. Mo Evans, Kobias and friends will do all right on the perimeter. I expect LA to be charged up defensively but that only goes so far.

The fun matchup in this series is always Kobias and Rip. Rip gets an advantage because he really makes Kobe work. They are both Philly-area guys and really respect each other and play their asses off in these games.

The Lakers on offense will have to be patient. You can score on DET in two ways-transistion and patience in halfcourt. Thats the key. Detroit has big bodies but can be scored on(Maxiell and Dale aside). I expect a big effort outta Bryant. The Odom-Prince matchup(if it materializes) may well decide the Lakers fate.

Should be a fun game all -around. I think Detroit has just enough to slip by in last few minutes. I wouldn't touch the side. Covers is swaying posters into DET on frontpage so LA is prolly the play..lol

Detroit 97-93

My play for tonight is on the Chicago Bulls +2.5 -110

The better team here is getting points. Fine, its at Arco but this game at this point and time is 7 at the UC. Value goes Bulls way. Motivation goes Bulls way. Revenege goes Bulls way. Kings perimiter defense sucks. Kirk, Gordon and Deng win this for Chicago.

Too bad Noci is out. I would love to watch him and Mr T.(um..Artest) battle it out. Both would prolly get suspended for a few games..hehe.

3 units on the Bulls

GL sir. methinks you're probably right on that bulls play, but I'm laying off playing the bulls on the road. If Nocioni was in, then I would be with you, but I think the Bulls lose a valuable backup guy without him.........

hope you win!

iF NOCI WAS IN AND THEY WERE FAVORED BY 1-2 i WOULD POLAY 4-5 UNITS ON IT. a LOSS INDEED BUT STILL THINK LINE IS OFF AND SITUATION SETS UP RIGHT.

GL RED

sorry for caps..too lazy right now to retype

Hey your missing a key NBA game on the Thursday card.
icon9.gif

can i be like one of the people who ask us rediculous questions for a second...

if it's 97-93...are you gonna take the lakers +4.5??

LOL

With a small card like this I will probably go with the Bulls as well. I estimated 1.85 on Chicago (meaning 2 point favs) with full squads here, I don't think the line moves 4.5 points due Nocioni's absence. Beating Denver and New Orleans both at Arco don't mean much in my book, I think I'll have to go with the Bulls here.

GL BAR :shake:

I like my Bulls as well, they are playing unusually decent ball and this west coast swing! I'm in as well.

Only play I like on tonights small card. I think the pulls perimenter game is too much to handle, The bulls finally win won outright in Sac tonight. BOL BAR

Well, I didn't have a chance to see any scores tonight till just a bit ago. I found out I one when I opened my phone and saw a "new AIM mesage" from ABCS congratulating me on "another lucky win". Its aight. I like being envied ;).
haha i didnt say lucky i said its amazing how many close games uve won in a row :cheers:

since everyone is asking questions....thoughts Milwaukee +4.5...Redd is starting I believe

:shake:

B.A.R. been looking for ya.
Love both pix. Lake show might pull the stright up upset

DET -4 -110 2 UNITS

After thinking it trhough more and more I like this play as line has dropped to a more comfortable level for me. Will try and explain more in a bit.

As a matter of slight interest

The Dog is 7-1 ATS in the 1st game
The Dog & Fav are 4-4 ATS in the 2nd game
...last 8 TNT Thursdays

DET -4 -110 2 UNITS

After thinking it trhough more and more I like this play as line has dropped to a more comfortable level for me. Will try and explain more in a bit.
hurry up bitch i dont have allday

so your putting 2 units on Detroit to push? as you have already predicted a 4 point Detroit win? I am a little lost....

BAR, you're killing me, Stons -4 now??

I might just stay clear since my heart is with LA. Maybe i will play under 195 and the bulls +2.5

Austin, after some more analyzing the game and talking with some people I believe that Detroit will control this game late and cover the spread...more of a higher score perhaps..101-92

Those were my thoughts last night. I still believe it will be a good game but DET will cover this one late.

yo...

just do what the fuck he says and don't ask why.

Just collect at the end of the game.

I used to ask a lot of questions too, but then I realized he was the Socrates of capping hoops.

I learned this at an early age with BAR

yo...

just do what the fuck he says and don't ask why.

Just collect at the end of the game.

I used to ask a lot of questions too, but then I realized he was the Socrates of capping hoops.

I learned this at an early age with BAR

:dance3:

Austin, after some more analyzing the game and talking with some people I believe that Detroit will control this game late and cover the spread...more of a higher score perhaps..101-92

Those were my thoughts last night. I still believe it will be a good game but DET will cover this one late.

Lakers havent won at the Palace since 02' I think they win SU today :shake:

So if I place my bet on Detroit -4.5 tonight they aren't gonna shave like they did vs Boston....those fucking cocksuckers....

Back