time to post my NBA season thoughts and analysis thread...

This is problematic — Lou doesn’t even wake up till the second half, Kawhi could make a miracle return in the second half, and/or the Kings might collapse from mental/physical fatigue..otherwise I would just make a larger bet on the Kings...
This is a take your medicine game. I knew PG wasn't playing full out minutes but I thought he was good for like 6 a quarter. Oh well.

Kings has been ahead 10+ points 5 times this season and won all 5, but a couple times they only won by 4 points...

NBA has become girly girl’s game. Load management, players decide weather they like to play or not, day off whenever they want...This is pathetic
So true.

My issue is, and they want all this 'legal' gambling on the up n up...

If you are good to go 30 minutes before the game, you play and vice-versa. That is why they made the 30 min rule.

Kings has been ahead 10+ points 5 times this season and won all 5, but a couple times they only won by 4 points...
I'd say PG only plays 6 more mins and Sacto wins this one pretty comfortably. I'll take my licks here, concentrating on the TNT game instead.

The two part of that play was the game over but these teams are pretty sloppy now. I'll pass

The Clips had bonus early and didn't care...

Still my favorite system ever in any sport but the team that takes the most 'games off' in the league did tonight.

0-4 on the game

Back next week :shake:

Live-LA Clippers ML -150 2 units

I've tried to trade off this to freeroll a clippers SU win about 4 times...

end of third, missed it before Spurs run to start 4th and twice there at tie games and 2 point clippers lead.

Now, just hope for the best...see how long ML stays up for.

i know many don't hold much credence for the Acela angle BUT....

that angle is presenting itself tonite with C's at home against Disney in Boston then the Fultz's jump on that "Acela" train and play in MSG manana
so if Disney does pick off a Kemba-less C's tonite then you take NYK against Disney manana

angle is that no visiting team runs thru and beats Bos and NY at home on B2B...if visitors win the first leg, you take the home team on the 2nd leg to prevent the Acela road sweep.

Last edited:
i know many don't hold much credence for the Acela angle BUT....

that angle is presenting itself tonite with C's at home against Disney in Boston then the Fultz's jump on that "Acela" train and play in MSG manana
so if Disney does pick off a Kemba-less C's tonite then you take NYK against Disney manana

angle is that no visiting team runs thru and beats Bos and NY at home on B2B...if visitors win the first leg, you take the home team on the 2nd leg to prevent the Acela road sweep.
Right on. This always fascinated me many moons ago.

Live - Houston tt o120.5 -110 2 units

I like the pace a lot right now. I'll re-evaluate under 6 mins if the game is too tight because it could get real slow but I think they keep this up for a bit tonight.

House money on the night after the Raems play tail on Bron assists so lets enjoy the 4th quarter.

Well, the pace slowed up top start the 4th, that was earlier than anticipated...had 124 available to start 4th so felt good.

With that being said, they need to make some shots. Hopefully one team gets up 5-6 by 4 min mark to give this a chance.

Hmmmm..

Sac closed -1...

Up 50-39 and there was only like a 35 cent trade available. Very odd.

Of course they stopped scoring after that.

We'll see how the early third goes, my plan here was to trade into a freeroll but I didn't expect shit value with a DD lead. Might have to adjust.

This 4th quarter is the difference maybe between a double-digit losing streak or getting a breather before the ASG.

The Jazz next 'easy games' are not till Feb 28th/March 2nd.

Not sure where else to post this, but how in the absolute fuck is that goaltend in Utah not a reviewable play? That was a fucking travesty. I thought plays were automatically reviewed in the last 2 minutes.

Not sure where else to post this, but how in the absolute fuck is that goaltend in Utah not a reviewable play? That was a fucking travesty. I thought plays were automatically reviewed in the last 2 minutes.
I missed the last 4 minutes but yeah, that is a brutal call and I have no idea how it wasn't.

I'm not clear on if Portland had already used their challenge either.

I missed the last 4 minutes but yeah, that is a brutal call and I have no idea how it wasn't.

I'm not clear on if Portland had already used their challenge either.

Apparently they didn’t have a TO so they couldn’t challenge it. And since it wasn’t called a goaltend, it couldn’t be reviewed by the officials themselves, or Portland even if they had a TO. That was an absolute fucking travesty of a call. How do all 3 officials miss that call? Good fucking grief that was awful...and the league will obviously come out and say it was a missed call...which means nothing to Portland.

Apparently they didn’t have a TO so they couldn’t challenge it. And since it wasn’t called a goaltend, it couldn’t be reviewed by the officials themselves, or Portland even if they had a TO. That was an absolute fucking travesty of a call. How do all 3 officials miss that call? Good fucking grief that was awful...and the league will obviously come out and say it was a missed call...which means nothing to Portland.
Apparently players said that officials told them on the court that 'it wasn't even close'.

The NBA is already recognizing the mistake though.

TBH I’m not even sure how they miss that call on the goaltend, it was so clear and blatant, the officiating was atrocious in that game both ways, but that’s an egregious call to miss. They need to figure out the whole replay/challenge system and what’s reviewable. The whole idea should be to get the calls right, especially when it costs a team the game.

Thought everything was reviewable under a min or 2. Maybe that’s just ob calls?

Apparently players said that officials told them on the court that 'it wasn't even close'.

The NBA is already recognizing the mistake though.

What I don't understand is if the officials were the ones who said it wasn't even close, why couldn't they just get together, have a huddle, and correct the call?

Recognizing the mistake isn't going to help the Blazers at the end of the season when they inevitably miss the playoffs by one game. If they aren't either fining or suspending the officials, it's all just fucking lip service anyway. This is one time they don't even need to admit the mistake, everyone in the world who saw the play knows it was called wrong. Ugh.

I thought the same thing. Everything is NOT reviewable under 2 minutes. It's just plain idiocy. Every single pro sports league is run by fucking idiots.
So true. With all the challenge rules, replay rules, camera angles etc they still can’t get it right. When has replay ever been used that it didn’t get it right and wrongfully awarded a team. Ncaaf and nhl got it right imo with the replay official that just buzz them on any questionable call. Use replay to full extent or not at all

Live - Dallas tt o64 (1H) -115
Couple chances in last minute but couldn't get them. Oh well, I tried... no damage done.

I do this with them here and there due to the Luka substitution pattern and the fact he plays very low minutes for an MVP candidate... you can grab them right before a run at times.

I was just gonna do blind 1Q unders and at this point kicking myself in the head for not doing it...

With that being said, this should set up some opportunities. That is why I grabbed Phoenix and Toronto early...liked the over there but wanted to create some value.

Minnesota and Boston obviously on the radar as well, but Minny without KAT is such a different team with regards to totals. I leaned under off the tip...so will need a few more points of value for an over.

Minnesota and Boston obviously on the radar as well, but Minny without KAT is such a different team with regards to totals. I leaned under off the tip...so will need a few more points of value for an over.
Wild last 2.5 minutes up there, oh well. Now I'll actually hope for a fast third and perhaps get on the under #AlwaysAdjusting.

Good ole Raptors bullshit start to a 4th quarter sunk that total. I had my chances to buy off and create a middle for a long time and did not. I know better with that team. They'll score at the end, like they did but they will go ice cold to start a 4th in a game they have a solid lead in.

As I was sweating out the Pacers play(forgot to post I guess) Utah went from down 46-43 to giving up a 19-1 run. Gross.

That was a bad 10 minutes for me.

On that note, gonna wrap it up for the night as Boston and Minnesota are having a wild 4th as well.

If Utah makes some miraculous comeback I am definitely buying off once it gets to +140 or better. I doubt that happens, they just are not very good.

36-46-1 (6.93)

Last edited:
Back