Thursday-Sunday NBA Conference Semifinals...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
22-11-1 +39.40 units

First, thank you Streakin, jk from last night. Divol, that is very high praise from yourself. Kramer, hope you enjoyed the game last night. That was prolly you with the Scal jersey on, eh? Seem to have a pretty good feel for this team this playoff season. Hope it continues.

Last nights game was just too easy. It was niuce to sit back and enjoy it. I am kicking myself for not hitting that over though. It set up perfectly with Salvatore and the crew. Either way, not going to complain. Juts missed some easy totals the past few nights. The Lakers game had great intensity and drama at times. I wrote a lot of this late in the In-game thread but will reiterate; I was so impressed with Artest in that interview after. That was the biggest bullshit ejection in some time. Joey Crawford always needs to make himself bigger than the game. It's embarrassing. I am assuming no suspensions anywhere in league because these games all got lined pretty quickly.

Atlanta at Cleveland

Well, the Hawks were able to be as unproficient as possible the other night. Yeah, they had 17 turnovers but they got up 15 less shots while still shooting 44% and hitting 7 threes to put up 72 points. Pretty odd. As far as the side here I think the Cavs cover again. No reason to bet against a streak just yet. Atlanta has shown many times in these playoffs they cannot put together full offensive games. That kills you against a great defensive team with the MVP who can score at will when he wants to. That being said, I am not comfortable with the side here. Moving to the total, it opend 178 and went down to 177' last night. I see it is 179 this morning. The refs don't set up great but I will post them for information purposes...

Dan Crawford 36-47
Violet Palmer 38-26
Derrick Stafford 28-37

I like the bump up today though. That shows me something. Enough to warrant a small play on the over. In game one, with that under crew the teams shot a combined 26-42 at the line. I expect more FT's tonight for sure. Last game, with Atlanta putting up a 28 spot in 2nd half only missed this number by 8 points. I feel if Atlanta gets 80, this should go over. I expect that to happen tonight

Boston at Orlando

Series has played out perfectly so far. The sides and totals have been spot on what we called. The Magic definitely mailed it in last night. Amazing that Pierce did nothing and it was still that easy. This game opened up 5.5-191.5. The current number is 4.5-189.5. Obviously looking at the meetings in Orlando this year and that explains the total drop. Not suprised by the side number either. The drop is expected as well after the Celtics last 5.5 qtrs of basketball. Will Alston be suspended? I doubt it just because this line got opened so quickly. Books usually know if the NBA plans any action. Even if he does, no big deal. Anthony Johnson is a very capable PG. I can see a lot of people jumping on Boston here. Seeing that big juicy number after how they have really controlled most of this series. That's the mindgames of betting the NBA playoffs. I will be going the other route. My plan in Orlando is Magic Game 3 and prolly get Boston at a 3.5 or so dog and take ML for Game 4. We'll see how it works out. I do think Orlando responds big-time in front of the home crowd. I also think we see one of "those" performances from Dwight Howard. You could sense his frustration after last night.

LA Lakers at Houston

This series is getting pretty juicy. We have talked about all the theatrics, its great and I expect it to be even more physical down in Houston. Here are a few things I do know. Many are doubting the Lakers right now. They should be, Houston has controlled about 60% of the gameplay so far and got a big split at Staples. I also know that the Ronny ejection was bullshit. That being said, he just lit a little fire under the most motivated player in the league. Remember last time that happened, Kobe put up an 18 spot in less than a qtr at Houston. I know for line projecting that many went off the Utah series and got it right. I had this line valued a bit higher than it is right now. Openers were 2.5-195. I expect lower scoring in Game 3 but will wait on officials. As far as the game, the Lakers show some championship pride and regain the HCA advantage.

Denver at Dallas

Certainly a must win for the Mavericks. This game will tell you a lot about the Nuggets and whether they have that kill mentality. As I said in the NoLa series, I have seen many Chauncey led teams lose Game 3's on the road after being up 2-0. Not a reflection on the Nuggets, but that is their leader. I expect a raucous crowd in Dallas that will help spur their team on. I was going to wait till tomorrow to play this but I think I'll grab it now at this number. If you like Denver, I would just ML it in all honesty. I like Dallas to get a little life in this series. Dirk will need another big game. Carlisle is too good of a coach not to make a few adjustments over a 3-day period.

Alright, that is that slate. I will post analysis on the Cleveland-Atlanta Game 3 tomorrow and Saturday. Any other questions, thoughts...put them here. Any potential totals plays will be done on gamedays after the officials are announced. I am also liable to add to any o these plays as well. I'll update this top window as well.

Plays:

Cleveland Over 179 -110 2 units
Orlando -4.5 -110 2 units
LA Lakers -1 -110 3 units
Dallas -4 -110 2 units

Cleveland Over 179 -110 2 units
Orlando -4.5 -110 2 units
LA Lakers -1 -110 3 units
Dallas -4 -110 2 units

Dirks GF just got arrested in Dirks house.

His head could be elsewhere.

Cristal Taylor, Dirk Nowitzki's 37 year-old girlfriend, was arrested at his home after police received information from a Dallas officer working with an FBI task force, authorities said.

720-Crystal.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

BOL, Im sure ill be tailing a couple of those.

Hope that was his house keeper and not his girl.

Good stuff BAR. Don't have a disagreement with any of those plays. Will be chasing the Lakers in Houston myself as I don't see them going down 3-1 or losing this series. Surprised a bit that the Mavs aren't a bit bigger for you. Probably my favorite play over the next 3 days. GL and congrats on the post season run you're having.

I am just waiting to see how some of the injuries are. I most likely will add to that play. Just wanted to get a little down at that number now.

couldnt believe Artest got ejected last night. technical was already given while he ran at Kobitch, and Artest knew he'd get one. Refs took Yao out early and he never got anything going in the short time he was able to stay on the floor. Hope the rockets throw and elbow Kobe's way and see what happens.

BOL on the play, on the over tonight myself!

damn diggler

even Marko Jaric scored Adrianna....leave that beast in the can

GL BAW.....tickled Over at 177.5 earlier

gl Bar just got o178 (-112)

and man dirk's chick is ugggly

We are in the same mind on all four picks, though Lakers and Dallas are my strongest by far.
In game 1 between Cleveland and Atlanta, in Israeli forum I wrote that Hawks will have to score 80 or Cleveland will have to score 110 points for the game to go Over and I wasn't sure if it will happen. This time I believe that Hawks will score above 80 points and even more so, to score between 85 and 90 points, so I believe we will see a solid Over by 8 - 14 points.
Good luck!!!

Agree with J, the only one I really like is Dallas.

Pondered the Hova tonight
Would lean to Hous in game 3, but waiting on that one...because I believe game 4 will be a no brainer one way or the other. Would not be surprised to see Orlando take a 3-1 lead back to Boston. For the exception of House and rondo last night...boston just didnt play that well...granted the box score proves otherwise.

With you on this over BAR although with different thinking. Think Cleveland brings a sub-par performance playing half-assed which should mean less intense defense from them getting Atlanta to 90. Don't matter though, got too scared of the Atlanta bet with horford out which should allow more easy buckets for Cleveland.

Hate to see you on LA. Lots point to houston for me as I've stated in other threads, so health there

Probably will get on Dallas with you if Howard plays

Now that is some Dirt to find on Dirk. Good Information. Dirk not the best looking guy in the NBA but you think with money that he had he would be up on game when it comes to women....Then again hes not from here....hahaha

Well Nice Hit Bars on that Boston play. I like the confidence in the Orlando Game taking care of business on Game 3 at home. Dhoward after a Loss has been very good and I know that the 3 ball will come out to play what Celts did to Orlando in Game 2.

As for the ATL GAME TONITE. I want to take the Points in this one bc of the +13 and how LBJ has been feeding the public and of all days it falls on Thur. Thur have been more of a Dog day...looking more towards fade the public as the week goes on bc of the gifts Vegas Gave Mon-Wed.

Is 13.5 a good # to grab it at???? if I were to roll with ATL.?

Now that is some Dirt to find on Dirk. Good Information. Dirk not the best looking guy in the NBA but you think with money that he had he would be up on game when it comes to women....Then again hes not from here....hahaha

Well Nice Hit Bars on that Boston play. I like the confidence in the Orlando Game taking care of business on Game 3 at home. Dhoward after a Loss has been very good and I know that the 3 ball will come out to play what Celts did to Orlando in Game 2.

As for the ATL GAME TONITE. I want to take the Points in this one bc of the +13 and how LBJ has been feeding the public and of all days it falls on Thur. Thur have been more of a Dog day...looking more towards fade the public as the week goes on bc of the gifts Vegas Gave Mon-Wed.

Is 13.5 a good # to grab it at???? if I were to roll with ATL.?

I'm obiously not BAR, but if you can get 13.5 I'd take it considering every other book has 12.5

Hmmm interesting to see you on the lakers. Loving the rockets in that game especially now that farmar will be guarding brooks.

GL with the rest. Keep on rolling!

Keep up the roll BAR. This is amazing. And damn Dirk, are we sure that is a female? Love the Planet of the Apes comment

Be back later to talk in more detail...

Neither suspension affects my thinking at all. I was prepared for either to happen. I was a bit suprised the books put lines out before that news but things happen. If you know me oer the years, I rarely bet against injuries and a suspension is just like that. Heck, I bet against a suspension last week and see where that got us.

Be back later tonight.

Looks like Josh Howard's gonna miss game 3 guys

Josh Howard missed Thursday's practice due to his sprained right ankle and remains questionable for Saturday's Game 3 against the Nuggets.
"We're hoping that he'll be able to go Saturday, but can't give you a definite (answer) at this point," coach Rick Carlisle said.

Derek Fisher has been suspended for Game 3 against the Rockets for making head/shoulder contact with forward Luis Scola.
This is not a surprise and Jordan Farmar and Shannon Brown are suddenly very relevant players in Game 3. Farmar should start, while Brown will see plenty of extra run with Fisher out. Kobe Bryant received a retroactive Flagrant 1 for his elbow to Ron Artest, but will play in Game 3.

Yep, great call on the over, I'm sad I bailed out at half.

Don't be, I was thinking of doing it as well. Didn't have the time to get on though. That Gardner kid, who I have never heard of or seen before helped immensely.

Betting Against Teams that loose Star players usually Result in Losses. This whole year we seen in the NBA when a Key player is OUT That team usually Covers I want to say it was at least 70+%. Any thoughts with Anthony filling in. Remember hes familiar with Offense, hes at home of all games he has to fill in as a starter in front of his home crowd. Still Like Orlando my self hope the line drops on this one. :shake:

LTE23,

I know that some will be concerned with Boston pressuring AJ like they did in Game One a bit. Understandable. Hopefully they keep Turk back a bit and let him help out. AJ is very solid PG who will play very well I think, like you said, at home.

with you on the magic, BAR:cheers:

just found a little tidbit on the dirk's GF situation, and her fraud charges, thought was funny.probably late but oh well

According to CBS 11 News sources, the German hired a private investigator to check into Taylor's background and the gumshoe found that she had used at least eight different aliases in the past including Chrystal Ann Taylor, Crystal Ann Taylor, Crystal Ann Santiago and Crista A. Westerhays. How original

BOB- KEEP THE FAITH. THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT OTHER OUT THERE FOR YOU!!!

I missed this yesterday

Jackson also announced that the Lakers' Kobe Bryant has been assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty One for elbowing Houston's Ron Artest in the chest area with 6:57 remaining in the fourth period of last night's game.

Jackson also announced that the Lakers' Kobe Bryant has been assessed a Flagrant Foul Penalty One for elbowing Houston's Ron Artest in the chest area with 6:57 remaining in the fourth period of last night's game.

So basically the NBA is admitting the call was blown. But not only was he not assessed the flagrant originally, Artest was called for a damn foul and ejected!?! No apology or repercussions for the ref there?

The NBA - its fannnnnntastic!

It's beautiful Smoke. The NBA saves some face while looking like idiots in the same fashion.

I will tell you this. If Ronny doesn't get ejected this is never turned into a Flagrant One. That was their "make-up" to the Rockets.

What difference does a retroactive flagrant make anyways? its not like they can go back into the game and give artest 2 shots and the ball...

(Im guessing they still have that point system in tact where if he gets another one now, hes done for a game? But i mean really, what are the chances of him being that stupid?)

I think it's the point system. Not sure.

But, like I said, it is a small measure to appease the Rockets and it's a bumch of shit.

The NBA saying that Kobe didnt deliberatly elbow Artest is fucking absurd.

Keep protecting your cash cows STERN.

GREED IS GOOD.

What difference does a retroactive flagrant make anyways? its not like they can go back into the game and give artest 2 shots and the ball...

(Im guessing they still have that point system in tact where if he gets another one now, hes done for a game? But i mean really, what are the chances of him being that stupid?)

Thats exactly why they issued the flagrant foul because if gets hit with another one its automatic 1 game suspension.

After watching the play over and over I did not think it warranted a foul on either play really at all, seemed to me just 2 guys getting physical down low to get in position. Its ridiculous Artest got hit with a foul but I would not have been upset with a complete no call on that play.

I guess the NBA is trying to send a message to teams and players, i'm still angered by how they've dealt with Rondo...

1. they barely react to rondo and his antics
2. they decide they might have dropped the ball with the whole rondo scenario and over react with these calls...

i'm by no means an expert of the NBA, but the league needs to wake up..Stern too

Stern knows what hes doing. He loves to make these playoffs Long and great for the Bettors. What a Guy, Right? Screw the 4-0 Sweeps when we can have game 6 and game 7 in every Round...

Especially with the Hawks injuries.

Stern needs Dallas tomorrow..can't wait to see the refs for that one.

Boston-Orlando

Joe DeRosa 30-38
Scotty Foster 46-26
Leon Wood 34-32

LA-Houston

Sean Corbin 37-30
Ron Garrettson 34-40
Steve Javie 30-39 <!-- / message -->

Back