Thursday/Friday NCAA Plays!!!!

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
2007 (3-5) -1.6 units

Not quite the start I had in mind...Things will turn around this week, no doubt...

LouisvilleCardinals10.GIF
Louisville -39.5 (3 units)

So many points, but Louisville has covered there last 4 spreads, and did lay 73 on Murray State. MTSU has lost there last 4 and Craddock struggled in his first start against Florida Atlantic...Those 2 INT's will double if he plays like he did last week, with the speed Louisville puts all around the field....MTSU is REALLY beat up along the OL, so things might get real ugly offensively....Only thing I worry about is a silly backdoor cover, but with Brohm and Cantwell slingin it all over creation, and being at home, I dont see it being much of a problem...

Navy.GIF
RutgersScarletKnights2.GIF
OVER 48.5 (3 units)

Rutgers threw the shoutout last year, but if I remember correctly, they knocked the starting QB out that game real early, and the Navy Option game never got on track.....Navy should have that option sharpened up for this one, as it looked pretty good against Temple, althought clearly Rutgers will play some better D....I really think Rutgers can score 39 or so in this game themselves. Tell actually looked liek a QB for once last week and Rice is simply a machine. 184 Yards and 3 TD's could be in the forecast agains for this Heisman hopeful....

BOL this weekend everyone, I'll be posting my weekend plays on Friday

Interesting total Hile.

Never really noticed the number but agree that could be a super play. Rutgers will get 30+ on this team and I think Navy is good for 17-21. I cannot see under 50 honestly. Going to look into this a bit more.

can't say i don't like either side...i see hile warming up like bases and then killin' the shit out of the books...GL bro

Glad to see another guy on the Cardinals. A good way to start this turn around. Im interested in your checking out your thoughts and opinions on these NCAA games and can't doubt your way of figuring your totals, as off records I believe I went like 7-2 following your MLB totals late July and early August. Good Luck Hile.

I like that total Hile, sadly, I had the over last year:hang: I think it will be different though and the card is starting to shape up quite nicely....GL:cheers:

Love that over Hile, I liked it initially then saw the score from last year which obviously made me hesitate. Thank you for reminding me about the qb being injured in that game. That completely screws the offense in the option, it's so much worse than a normal offense. BOL

Yeah, I might have had the over in that game last year too, hence why i remember the injury....Last year the starting QB was Brian Hampton, and Navy was 5-2 in his 7 starts last year. He had 6 carries and 0 pass attempts, and got hurt, then they brought, I think, Bryant in, who also got hurt, and THEN came Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada, who was third string, and simply looked lost running that option....Just cant see that happening this year

Nice tidbits on that louisville game you played. like that you mentioned cantwells ability as lousiville is very capable off adding scores long after the game has been decided and tend to be more than willing at home. i was actually a tad bit unaware of just how beat up the mtsu ol is and appreciate that information as well. good luck with the cardinals, i think a lot of folks like htat game as well.
as far as the total ... and far be it for me to almost disagree with a prolific, successful totals master .... but i have some reservations

ya kaiponoasomethingsomething looked awful in that game last year... often needing several bounces to get the ball towards a receiver in that game. i remember it as well. my concern with a navy over in this game is the same as their games last year ... possessions. in order to hit the over , navy needs to have success running .. and as they have success running the clock ticks. This comes into effect even more with another running team in rutgers. Here are their end game total points scored in navy games last year ......east carolina 51 , umass 41 , stanford 48 , tulsa 47ot, uconn 58 , air force 41 , rutgers 34, notre dame 52 , duke 51 , eastern mich 70 , temple 48 , army 40. notre dame was the only game inwhich they lost and the total went over.. and the irish actually had a good offense last year. outside of uconn and emich (who was atrocious vs the run last year ) none of the games flew over a 48.5. Here are the end game combined point total of rutgers games last year ... n carolina 37 , illinois 33, ohio 31, howard 63 , usf 42, navy 34, pitt 30, uconn 37 , louisville 53, cincy 41 , cuse 45, and wv 80 3ot. They were a dead under and that was with leonard. Teel is better i think this year but i doubt the offense is better as a whole and if so not by much. Think both teams can move the ball which usually means over a 48.5 in college but the styles worry me a lot. less possessions = less points. Certainly not betting the under but giving some reasons that i laid off the over. Respect your capping skills a ton but not a fan of this total.

kyle, good numbers towards the under...I really think the reason I like this so much is cause of how Teel played last week, actually looking like a kid who can throw a football, I really expect Rutgers to get on this team early and hard, with Rice opening up passing all over the field for Teel

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good write up Hile. Liked your over.
GL to you.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kyle, good numbers towards the under...I really think the reason I like this so much is cause of how Teel played last week, actually looking like a kid who can throw a football, I really expect Rutgers to get on this team early and hard, with Rice opening up passing all over the field for Teel

I can see that somewhat. I didn't see the buffalo game but some folks in here did say that teel looked a ton better than last year in that game. If he is very improved i like the over a bunch more. They scored 34 on navy last year and this navy defense is worse than a year ago, so there is that too. I think you are right that both teams can move the ball. Good luck with it , though you rarely seem to need any extra.

if i am going to invade your thread and challenge your total bet , i better be willing to tell you that you were right when you were. so..... you were right. not only did it fly over the total but it did so with two interceptions in the endzone killing drives and another td called back by penalty resulting in a field goal. should know better than to disagree with you when it comes to a total though i didnt like the under either. Nice capping , Hile

Back