Thursday Discussion Thread

Late start, finally got some good rest and kicked that flu shit all the way where I’m feeling tip top. I don’t see anything screaming to hurry up to worry bout these 2 day games. My only initial thought at just a glance at lines/starters, would be I find it odd yesterday oakland/balty total opening 8.5 compared to today being 10 doesn’t exactly make sense to me. I dunno if that cause this one high or yesterday just seemed surprisingly low? Yesterday being low was head scratching to me cause it seemed so obvious on surface. I don’t have a great feel for or know either these starters real well, time being a bit a issue I’m gonna take a quick glance but don’t see myself rushing to get a play in unless something jumps out. Back in a few! Lol

Looking at Oller I’d say yesterday they just came low more so than this being high. I mean what can we expect out this dude? He 28 and has never done shit, last year his 1st breaking into bigs and he has a 5k/4bb ish avg? Supposedly he worked on or added a pitch this offseason that they called a slurve in spring, his slider being given credit it appears and he throwing it way more, in spring it apparently had him getting more k’s but it hasn’t translated to anything looking better in regular season, not the k/bb ratio or missing bats. At moment his slider does have a better value rating than last but if it not contributing to any overall improvement so what?

Irvin just a guy, he better than A’s starter which don’t say much. He was on A’s staff prior to this year so will they be well prepared for him? They hit lefties a tad better but not like there anything to like bout A’s triple a lineup. A’s lineup is stacked with right handers to face him today but his splits not much different, lefties actually have a slightly higher ops overall, nothing to really see here. I don’t wanna pay the price but it clear why they -225, they have a guy at least starting while the A’s pitcher wouldn’t see the field on a real team at this level. The lineups are clearly where there a monster difference. Balry stacking a bunch of good lh bats, both sides smash Oller so it prob don’t matter a ton, lol. I thought maybe balty ff team total over but 3.5? Might as well play full game if going that rout, over 5.5 -130 for O’s seem like the best option I can find. There prob a few ok hitter props, pick the balty player or 2 you like best and take over 1.5 bases, lol. Not rushing across the river to play this game so that all I got.

TB opened -155

Just sayin'

Holy shit!! Im bout to look at that 1 now. 1st glance nothing else I’d say springs as likely to have a little bit of a regression outing as a few guys yesterday finally had ok outings after a few awful games. He is really good but Sox saw him quite a few times last year and were able to get to him some at Fenway in particular he has pretty awful numbers. Tampa nearing record start territory. I’d say even tho Im much more prone to ride streaks than fade them at this price it for sure Boston or nothing.

Has Kluber stuff been noticeably different or just has the ugly 1st outing that prob no big deal? I’d think a guy like him pitching for tampa last year would most likely give him as good a idea how to pitch to them as they do on scouting him.

Holy shit!! Im bout to look at that 1 now. 1st glance nothing else I’d say springs as likely to have a little bit of a regression outing as a few guys yesterday finally had ok outings after a few awful games. He is really good but Sox saw him quite a few times last year and were able to get to him some at Fenway in particular he has pretty awful numbers. Tampa nearing record start territory. I’d say even tho Im much more prone to ride streaks than fade them at this price it for sure Boston or nothing.
Think this one is more about the bats and not so much Kluber (well maybe him) or Springs. Capping starters in TB games other than their top 3 is pointless imo.

Think this one is more about the bats and not so much Kluber (well maybe him) or Springs. Capping starters in TB games other than their top 3 is pointless imo.

Not really to me. If he shuts them down for 6 the game pretty much over so seems odd to call that pointless?

Not really to me. If he shuts them down for 6 the game pretty much over so seems odd to call that pointless?
Not sure who he is

If Springs gives up a couple early runs he's not important to this because he'll be gone fast

I don't even agree with that, they're all starters in Rays system lol. Like facing 7 different pitchers in an all star game on a much smaller scale

I rarely expect you to agree, you told me no pitchers were going 5-6 innings this year. To each is own.

I also walked it back the next day

We almost always agree

I don’t love anything bout it really, pretty sure I’m going to chick-fila and getting lunch. I’m more starving at moment than worried bout either these freaking games, lol. Honestly I’d say this way more your kind of game, capping it at all is kinda pointless, of course tampa better and on fire, it a pretty good price to bet they gonna eventually lose 1!! I can’t look at Sox lineup and be stoked but it theM or nothing.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
I haven’t ate much all week; nibbled some yesterday but now I feel like eating enough to make up for everything I lost last few days!! LmAo. That seems like way better idea than either these 2., im gonna be patient, get sone food and look at the evening: if ya want action I’d say close your eyes and bet sox.

I don’t love anything bout it really, pretty sure I’m going to chick-fila and getting lunch. I’m more starving at moment than worried bout either these freaking games, lol. Honestly I’d say this way more your kind of game, capping it at all is kinda pointless, of course tampa better and on fire, it a pretty good price to bet they gonna eventually lose 1!! I can’t look at Sox lineup and be stoked but it theM or nothing.
Tbh O's -1.5 is the only thing that sounds reasonable this morning but it's still breakfast time here

Tbh O's -1.5 is the only thing that sounds reasonable this morning but it's still breakfast time here

I’d probably go team total over 5.5 if prices are close. I hate paying juice and laying 1.5. I don’t see anything to like bout A’s tho.

O’s offense seems like most appealing thing to back against what A’s have to offer. Whether it team total over, taking your favorite player or 2 over 1.5 bases, laying -1.5,, that all I could see but again crossing the river is a few miles the opposite way of chic fila so I’m getting food! Lol. The old lady got sick after me and is starting to feel better and yelling at me to get her food also so it def the better choice. She don’t realize she prob won’t be able to eat much cause that how I was yesterday and she a day behind me with it! I’m ready tho!

If you're capping 5 relievers you should love under full game

Gun to head yea i leaned under, man I’m addicted to chic fila and they so freaking fast, no matter how long the line you ain’t waiting for a half hour like some these garbage places! I’ll prob hit all my leans but food was a good call! Lol. Bottom line is having to cross river def makes me more selective, I woulda played o’s tt over and Sox if I coulda did that while in chic fila line instead of having to go across river, fuck missouri gets on my nerves!

Gun to head yea i leaned under, man I’m addicted to chic fila and they so freaking fast, no matter how long the line you ain’t waiting for a half hour like some these garbage places! I’ll prob hit all my leans but food was a good call! Lol. Bottom line is having to cross river def makes me more selective, I woulda played o’s tt over and Sox if I coulda did that while in chic fila line instead of having to go across river, fuck missouri gets on my nerves!
I always want chic fil a on Sunday mornings, another thing that should be criminal is not being open on Sunday

In 'n Out drive thru is the same. Long doesn't mean shit, they make it happen fast and even ask if you're eating on the road or taking home, two completely different ways they hand your grub out

I always want chic fil a on Sunday mornings, another thing that should be criminal is not being open on Sunday

In 'n Out drive thru is the same. Long doesn't mean shit, they make it happen fast and even ask if you're eating on the road or taking home, two completely different ways they hand your grub out

Yea the efficiency is awesome, someone I know always giving me woke shit about chic fila discriminating against homo’s and maybe they racist too, I mean whatever, shit taste awesome, they super fast, I don’t care if they doing f&g drags or going to clan rallies on Sunday, not really none my business. Lol. Like you said not being open on Sunday’s to do that stuff my biggest issue w them!!

Im a monster cause I care more bout not having to wait in line and my food tasting good than I care about the ppl selling it politics or potential awfulness! Sue me, lol.

Yea the efficiency is awesome, someone I know always giving me woke shit about chic fila discriminating against homo’s and maybe they racist too, I mean whatever, shit taste awesome, they super fast, I don’t care if they doing f&g drags or going to clan rallies on Sunday, not really none my business. Lol. Like you said not being open on Sunday’s to do that stuff my biggest issue w them!!
Protesters are losers

Including me when I protest the Orioles pitching the last couple days, they're making the A's look like a MLB team ffs

Protesters are losers

Including me when I protest the Orioles pitching the last couple days, they're making the A's look like a MLB team ffs

Team total baby, I had that knocked out the park, all my leans I didn’t play last 2 days freaking winning, hate that.

alright I’m gonna see bout rest of card, hopefully find something to play. Scared if my day leans win tho.

Springs left in the 4th btw with an arm issue. He took himself out. :( What is the deal with these Rays pitchers and injuries?

Good god cardinals are -240ish? I think they win, I like matchup for Montgomery but holy shit that a redic price. If Montgomery wasn’t a lefty with really good splits vs lefties I would be real interested in pirates.

Good god cardinals are -240ish? I think they win, I like matchup for Montgomery but holy shit that a redic price. If Montgomery wasn’t a lefty with really good splits vs lefties I would be real interested in pirates.
Seems like lotsa Cards hit Velasquez well

Seems like lotsa Cards hit Velasquez well

Havnt looked that far yet. Top of my head id say last year or 2 I think better of him than I used to. His success mostly came out of pen last year, he was a gas can early on while starting so I dunno. Don’t think cards saw him any last year. Cards coming back here from coors not sure I trust them to hit, maybe I should start trusting the offense more, I have in spots but this not really one of them.

Not sure what options pirates have but I can’t imagine Velasquez can continue having the same kinda starts as his 1st 2 and keep a starting job long! I don’t think his stuff is awful, typically it his location. After what Urena did to cards yesterday I certainly think Velasquez capable of something similar. I think this a great matchup for Montgomery tho, I lean under in some fashion, more so pirates team total than game, cards certainly could score lot of runs, I don’t expect pirates do a lot in 1st 5 innings anyways.

Big move on reds today also, Any reason for it? Im a big Lodolo fan but cincy laying juice not real appealing.

Said it before the season started, there's no other team I enjoy watching more than the Rays, hope yall are watching this.

Brendan Donovan needs to take his head out of his ass at the top of the order to get that offense really moving.

I should know this but where the fuck did Nootbaar go? Mfer was all bout wbc and being a Japan sensation and ive hardly seen him this year! I remember one day he was playing one the corner outfield spots and thought it was odd he wasn’t in center. I guess he hurt; I really should know that but I never listen to local radio anymore cause they so garbage now days.

I actually equate this to golf, even if you don't play

The faster you play, the less head games and things are more crisp, more reflexive than the bs that you think about between shots/pitches. You kinda just do it

This has to make MLB proud, more runs in less time is ideal and I'm a fan so far
Patrick Cantlay says hi

Back