Thursday April 3rd Games

evalagoal

Pretty much a regular
All times are EST

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=865 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY class=scoretable id=scoreTable><TR id=532317 height=16><TD>12:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
europe%20(uefa).gif
</TD><TD id=1070>QF</TD><TD>BAYER LEVERKUSEN</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>ZENIT</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=481859 height=16><TD>14:45</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
england.gif
</TD><TD id=1005>FC</TD><TD>EXETER</TD><TD>6</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>DROYLSDEN</TD><TD>24</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=532319 height=16><TD>14:45</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
europe%20(uefa).gif
</TD><TD id=1070>QF</TD><TD>BAYERN MUNICH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>GETAFE</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=532320 height=16><TD>14:45</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
europe%20(uefa).gif
</TD><TD id=1070>QF</TD><TD>FIORENTINA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>PSV</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=532318 height=16><TD>14:45</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
europe%20(uefa).gif
</TD><TD id=1070>QF</TD><TD>RANGERS</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SPORTING CP</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=516213 height=16><TD>17:40</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
south%20america%20(csf).gif
</TD><TD id=1002>GS</TD><TD>CLUB NACIONAL (URU)</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>COR. BOLOGNESI (PER)</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=531643 height=16><TD>18:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
brazil.gif
</TD><TD id=1005>2R</TD><TD>VASCO DA GAMA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>BRAGANTINO</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=526812 height=16><TD>20:00</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
</TD><TD id=1002>GS</TD><TD>CRUZEIRO (BRA)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SAN LORENZO (ARG)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=526942 height=16><TD>20:00</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
usa.gif
</TD><TD id=1010>MLS</TD><TD>CHICAGO FIRE</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>NEW ENGLAND REVOL.</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=531631 height=16><TD>20:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
brazil.gif
</TD><TD id=1005>2R</TD><TD>CORINTHIANS</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>FORTALEZA</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>
info.gif
</TD></TR><TR id=528501 height=16><TD>22:20</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
</TD><TD id=1002>GS</TD><TD>ATL. NACIONAL (COL)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>A. ITALIANO (CHI)</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR id=526945 height=16><TD>22:30</TD><TD>Sched</TD><TD id=ct0></TD><TD>
usa.gif
</TD><TD id=1010>MLS</TD><TD>LOS ANGELES GALAXY</TD><TD>7</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>SAN JOSE</TD><TD>5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Just a quick thought about the games

Bayern - Yeah they are the favorites and definitely they are the powerhouse of all the teams in the UEFA Cup.. On paper they should win, I'm going to back them today because of the home field advantage...

B Leverkusen - Another German team in the UEFA Cup Competition... This 1st game I'm a bit afraid.. I've been reading and alot of players will back-up Leverkusen today..... I'm a bit hesitant..

Rangers - I believe that we're going to see a tight game here, the Portugeese will not back down.. Lets not forget how Sporting has a tendece to win away games. I see this game tight, defensive and not too many mistakes in the back --I really like the UNDER in this game.

Fiorentina - This team could be the "dark-horse" of the competition.. they are looking in their league to have a spot for next season Champions League but this year they are playing with the "never say die" attitude. This team plays very well w/ closed and tight defenses so I don't see anything different from Fiore but to get the result.

odds are TOOO low for Fiorentina, absolutely ZERO value. PSV are still a Champions League calibre team so how is it, that all of a sudden Fiorentina odds are lower then when they played Everton??? Since when did Everton become a CL team?

Bayer Leverkusen vs Zenit St. Petersburg
Under 2.5 (2 Units)

Bayer is a formidable opponent at their home ground. Definitely have achieved far greater expectations then most would of thought. Zenit just started their league play but so far have not hit the form they would like of. It's a situation where a team is great in Europe but not doing too well in their own League. Bayer's Bundesliga title hopes are pretty much finished so right now the focus can be on trying to make the CL and doing well in the UEFA Cup. If Zenit want to catch Bayer off guard, now is the time to do it considering the German's are in a mini slump losing 2 straight Bundesliga games.
Zenits main focus here is to get that away goal, although they are missing 3 key figures so I expect the Russians to play a patient counter attack. Will wait to see how they play and make a wager for Live In Game but I'm going to back the Under thinking Bayer can go out to a 2-0 win.

these Russians are playing really really well, high tempo right now, My under is screwed so took in game Under 3.75

interesting to see how the 2H Unfolds. There were moments where the Russians looked messy at the back but some how manage to set a well organized counter. Defensively, I do not think Bayer will conceed. They are just too big at the back. However I do believe Bayer will score though to make it 2-1

Great work by Zenit well deserved, absolutely destroyed Bayer on all accounts.

Taking:

PSV +0.75 @ 1.84 (2 Units)
waiting for In game Rangers/Sporting will wait for the odds to increase on Rangers -0.25 or even wait it out till 0
Bayern......i'm going to have to stay away from that one.

Bayern Munchen -0.5 1H @ 2.176 *half unit*

Bayern should've been up 1-0 already. The British Ref didn't allow a PERFECTLY CLEAN tackle by Luca Toni (and he scored after wards) but he awarded a foul instead... Getafe have not been over the half way line yet....

YEP!

Getafe just missed a good chance but nothing this team can't handle.

I took Bayern -.75 @ HT as well.... 10more min $$$$

I went with new england revolution +175. early season underdogs in the MLS, until things sort out.

What a joke by Bayern....

THey came out storming and in the end they were sitting back not taking advantage of their situations:

And what the F*** was Oliver Kahn doing????? He needs to go

You have them winning tonight? Why?

GL

The rev have owned chicago in big games for several years. i think this is a big game for these guys, espn and all.

new england dominated in their last game and chicago had almost no scoring opportunities

The rev have owned chicago in big games for several years. i think this is a big game for these guys, espn and all.

new england dominated in their last game and chicago had almost no scoring opportunities

I don't like the fact Twellman is out also don't like the fact that both teams seem to split up the results between home games. Just think if the Rev "owned" the Fire as you say they have, then why is the price a little off? I will be backing Chicago ML but only concern is that it's Hamlett's first stint in this mini rivalry so whether or not he can respond to the pressure is another thing

i dont like twellman being out either, but they didnt miss a beat last week. hey, we will see soon enough...

i've made a commitment to follow the league closely this year, hopefully get a feel for the season and make a decent profit.

let me know if you see any holes/flaws in my capping (feel free to take the gloves off).

you and I both have the same commitment. I'm also following the Brasilian leagues/cup a lot closer now so hopefully we can make some profit in our own time zone. It's still early in the season and I will agree with you that playing the dogs is a better shot then taking some really ridiculous amount. Teams still need to mend and speaking about mending, LA Galaxy are going to take ages. won't be surprised if San Jose get something. I'm going to go for the over in that game. Good Luck tonite. I might just play the in game of this game and see if anything sparks.

taking

Galaxy/Quakes Over 2.5 @ 1.91
*2 Units*
Galaxy defense looked absolutely confused. The only thing that seemed certain was that Abel Xavier should not have white hair. This is the Quakes season opener and mind you they maybe technically be considered an Expansion for this season they have just been on a 2 year hiatus and this is actually the biggest rivalry in the Western Conference. Only worries when there is an Expansion team is usually the development and set up, however with SJ, they have experienced how to run an organization and attract the players. I believe they have an established coach in Yallop and I believe that tonite's contest should see at least a better offensive output by the Galaxy. Defensively, I still don't think Galaxy are anything special. Far from "Sexy" Football as Guillet most famously stated.

at times I laugh at myself for betting in this league.

I can tell you now 2 of the 4 goals scored by the Fire so far have been a joke. 2nd goal was a completely fluke, just a whiff and a slip by the goalie and defenders. The penalty was BS, there was no clipping involved, it's a wet pitch, players fall over. The referee has done a very poor job this game and that early Red Card was really really harsh. The most he should of done was given the player a yellow and a stern warning. Yes the studds were coming up high but this is definitely something I'm sure the league would look into.

at times I laugh at myself for betting in this league.

I can tell you now 2 of the 4 goals scored by the Fire so far have been a joke. 2nd goal was a completely fluke, just a whiff and a slip by the goalie and defenders. The penalty was BS, there was no clipping involved, it's a wet pitch, players fall over. The referee has done a very poor job this game and that early Red Card was really really harsh. The most he should of done was given the player a yellow and a stern warning. Yes the studds were coming up high but this is definitely something I'm sure the league would look into.

the red card was tough took me out before i even got settled in to watch. i tailgated your over on the second game.

i learned a small lesson on this first game. new england may have been a little flat after a big effort in their championship rematch season opener, they had a quick turnaround too. chicago stole a point in their opener and parlayed the momentum into a laugher. the early red was bad, but chicago still had to take advantage-which they obviously did,

the red card was tough took me out before i even got settled in to watch. i tailgated your over on the second game.

i learned a small lesson on this first game. new england may have been a little flat after a big effort in their championship rematch season opener, they had a quick turnaround too. chicago stole a point in their opener and parlayed the momentum into a laugher. the early red was bad, but chicago still had to take advantage-which they obviously did,

mate had their been 11 on 11 i can tell you now i think NE would of taken it. They continued to press with 10 guys and heck look how many corners they had in the 1st half. Missing Twellman was crucial. Weather did not help as it was pretty slick. Ref did a bad job this game and obviously favored the home team. Still a long season but we'll get them.

As far as the over is concerned.....the earlier game worried me. I was hoping the Fire/Rev game stayed under so the potential of the 2nd game going to the over would be better. Lots of diving that game....Becks must of brought that effect over.

After watching that game I can honestly say that LA IS HORRIBLE I had a play on the ML but this team isn't worth shit.

Back