Thread for all Head Coaching Changes

If Venables doesn't take the OU job he really will be a career assistant. Think he takes it and should do well though I always question first time coaches at a big time school like OU.

If Venables doesn't take the OU job he really will be a career assistant. Think he takes it and should do well though I always question first time coaches at a big time school like OU.
Barry switzer and bob stoops were first time head coaches at OU.

I hear u but am totally okay with it.

It's Brent's time. He has turned down so many offers from schools in the past as he was waiting for the right one.

Here it is.

Again "lifestyle choice." Living in Clemson with $millions per year and a family is very nice.

But, Norman would present a similar lifestyle.

I bet it may be a family decision. How old are Venables' kids?

i want OU to get a crack at him. will he speak to our OU Brass or no?
Everything I’ve ever heard is that he’s not interested in returning to college. Think he turned down some serious dollars from LSU before he went to panthers. Maybe getting let go will change his mind

Everything I’ve ever heard is that he’s not interested in returning to college. Think he turned down some serious dollars from LSU before he went to panthers. Maybe getting let go will change his mind

Yes, getting dumped before the regular season is over, can change a person's mind.

after being elevated to all world status along with everyone else on that 2019 LSU coaching staff who caught lightning in a bottle, they are getting a rude awakening on how tough it is to stay at that level.

in my mind it just lifts Saban to even higher on the Mt Rushmore of coaching.

Yes, getting dumped before the regular season is over, can change a person's mind.

after being elevated to all world status along with everyone else on that 2019 LSU coaching staff who caught lightning in a bottle, they are getting a rude awakening on how tough it is to stay at that level.

in my mind it just lifts Saban to even higher on the Mt Rushmore of coaching.
It’s not that they weren’t good/great coaches, but they had unbelievable offensive talent. Because Burrow was somewhat unknown, I think Brady got more credit for the results and Burrow didn’t get enough

It’s not that they weren’t good/great coaches, but they had unbelievable offensive talent. Because Burrow was somewhat unknown, I think Brady got more credit for the results and Burrow didn’t get enough

my buddy who is a U$C fanatic was lamenting in 2019 that he wished the Trojan Brass had hired Orgeron in 2013 when he coached the last 8 or 10 games after Lane Kiffin was shit-canned.

I told him, and I quote "slow down bro, this was an amazing LSU team but there is absolutely no indication that Ed O can sustain this".

2 seasons and a combined .500 or so since then, and we can see that Ed O. clearly could not sustain it.

Louisiana promoted co-offensive coordinator Michael Desormeaux to head football coach on Sunday.

Desormeaux, a former Ragin' Cajuns quarterback who grew up in New Iberia, Louisiana, also coached tight ends under Billy Napier, who left after four seasons to become the head coach at Florida.

"I am absolutely thrilled and honored to serve as the next head coach at the University of Louisiana," Desormeaux said in a statement. "I am a Ragin' Cajun through-and-through, so to get this unbelievable opportunity is humbling to say the least."

The Ragin' Cajuns (12-1) beat Appalachian State to win the Sun Belt championship on Saturday.

It was Napier's final game as coach. He is scheduled to be introduced at Florida on Friday afternoon.

Desormeaux was a fun spot duty fantasy QB when I did that stuff. Hope it works out for him, but might think that ULL slips back from here going forward.

I would have hired Kiffin but he’s not Cuban and didn’t play at Miami.

you're probably just joking but i don't think they care about that kinda stuff because if you look at some of the guys they have had like Schnellenberger and Randy Shannon and Mark Richt, those guys are anything BUT Latin/Cuban and way different than the Miami vibe is like.

There is no affirmative action or "we want to hire one of our kind" going on.

They want the best guy.

I also think Lane would not leave Ole Miss right now because it would hurt his brand greatly after what he did to Tennessee.

you're probably just joking but i don't think they care about that kinda stuff because if you look at some of the guys they have had like Schnellenberger and Randy Shannon and Mark Richt, those guys are anything BUT Latin/Cuban and way different than the Miami vibe is like.

There is no affirmative action or "we want to hire one of our kind" going on.

They want the best guy.

I also think Lane would not leave Ole Miss right now because it would hurt his brand greatly after what he did to Tennessee.
Every coach they have had since Butch Davis other than Golden either played or coached at Miami before becoming the head coach. They are obsessed with only hiring guys with connections to the school and thats a good part of the reason why they have been irrelevant for almost 20 years.

Every coach they have had since Butch Davis other than Golden either played or coached at Miami before becoming the head coach. They are obsessed with only hiring guys with connections to the school and thats a good part of the reason why they have been irrelevant for almost 20 years.
That was a huge reason for Alabama’s downfall after Bryant left. Of course, hiring Franchione and Price from outside the Bryant tree didn’t work out either

Conflicting reports regarding Miami…. Some say Cristobal has until Monday at noon to make a decision…. Others saying they’ve agreed to terms and it just needs to be made official….

I made that point on the husker board. Guy has good offense with burrow, chase, Jefferson, and randy moss's kid....what a coach.

I made that point on the husker board. Guy has good offense with burrow, chase, Jefferson, and randy moss's kid....what a coach.
You can make the argument for Sarkisian too, especially when compared to Bill O'Brien this year at Bama. Sark looks like a genius with 4 1st rounders at WR, 2 1st rounders at QB, a 1st rounder at RB, and an OL that has 5 future NFL players, including 2 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder.

Always figured CSU should be good, gotta be easier to recruit to than Reno. Think he does well there, not really saying much after the last regime though.
Anybody but Adazzio is an upgrade. Yeah CSU has really nice new facilities. They should make a bowl every year.

And Clyde Edwards Helaire 1st round RB and honestly Lloyd Cushenberry day 1 starter at Center (important) in the NFL Broncos

Agree

Always figured CSU should be good, gotta be easier to recruit to than Reno. Think he does well there, not really saying much after the last regime though.

Yeah, you would think they should always be in the top 3 or 4 in that conf. Should never lose to fucking wyoming.

He deserves credit for Burrow developing. As for his time with Carolina its obvious by now that Darnold is a bust and Cam is no longer an NFL player. I think its more than fair to question Brady but I think he is a good coach.

He deserves credit for Burrow developing. As for his time with Carolina its obvious by now that Darnold is a bust and Cam is no longer an NFL player. I think its more than fair to question Brady but I think he is a good coach.

Possibly, I just need to see more evidence than one good season.

Wow, I am shocked that Norvell goes to Colorado State. Nevada and Colorado State both have good football traditions. I think it is a lateral move at best. He'll have to put the pieces back together in Fort Collins vs just maintaining and growing what he had in Nevada.

Wyoming and CSU is huge rivalry, that series is always and will continue to go back and forth.

Wow, I am shocked that Norvell goes to Colorado State. Nevada and Colorado State both have good football traditions. I think it is a lateral move at best. He'll have to put the pieces back together in Fort Collins vs just maintaining and growing what he had in Nevada.

Wyoming and CSU is huge rivalry, that series is always and will continue to go back and forth.
CSU so close to Denver and the Buffs aren't exactly world beaters, he should be able to dominate that area in recruiting

CSU so close to Denver and the Buffs aren't exactly world beaters, he should be able to dominate that area in recruiting

CU's last recruiting class didn't even sign a kid from the state of Colorado...

-edit the exact language was as of this summer, CU didn't have a single in-state commit for their current recruiting class-

So...there are in-state D-l kids in the state obviously, a lot go elsewhere. But if CU can't get the kids, I don't know that CSU can either. CSU can focus on the under recruited hidden gem types, but most of the difference makers will be from elsewhere I'd imagine.

Back