The Masters In-Game

Wood, Blue Grass and Santa Anita Derby starting at 4 EST on NBC too.
I woke up at 6:30 and need to make it through a UFC fight tonight

This is gonna take work especially now that I know horses are in play

It's amazing how CBS has fucked this up considering we all knew this was going to be a thing yesterday morning

It's amazing how CBS has fucked this up considering we all knew this was going to be a thing yesterday morning
What do you mean?

They haven't messed up one thing.

Their weekend coverage windows are 3-7 Sat and 2-7 Sunday.

Those don't get to change unless it's something like the 2019 AM final round.

We're lucky as hell. The first 7 holes used to be a mystery till 25-30 years ago.

Now, the Masters.Org App decided that the final group would not be featured today. That's criminal.

What do you mean?

We're lucky as hell. The first 7 holes used to be a mystery till 25-30 years ago.
They get it for free, same with espn

They csnt do anything else

Augusta literally does everything to keep as much control as possible

Dont take non profit status so they can keep members list and financial info private

Dont take any tv money so espn or cbs cant make any decisions

Augusta literally does everything to keep as much control as possible

Dont take non profit status so they can keep members list and financial info private

Dont take any tv money so espn or cbs cant make any decisions
Bingo.

They know what they are doing lol.

What do you mean?

They control the ESPN coverage. They've failed. There was zero business that the front contending groups weren't shown before 12pm my time.

Things change, the sitting parameters aren't set in stone. What they've done today is a failure to negotiate how this needed to be covered. I'm good at negotiating but this one has to be incredibly void of any of it.

They control the ESPN coverage. They've failed. There was zero business that the front contending groups weren't shown before 12pm my time.

Things change, the sitting parameters aren't set in stone. What they've done today is a failure to negotiate how this needed to be covered. I'm good at negotiating but this one has to be incredibly void of any of it.
I'm not going to read this whole thing because right off the bat you are incorrect in the first sentence.

Read 'teeeds posts.

You don't understand the contracts that are in play here on a year to year basis.

My favorite weird masters thing is how Augusta lobbied government to change law, so that people are allowed to rent their house out for 14 days a year tax free

So the people who live around there can rent out it masters week and keep the 5 figures they get

My favorite weird masters thing is how Augusta lobbied government to change law, so that people are allowed to rent their house out for 14 days a year tax free

So the people who live around there can rent out it masters week and keep the 5 figures they get
Yeah. The "Augusta Rule".

Pretty cool. I read an article last night about all the rentals etc. It's quite something.

I'm not going to read this whole thing because right off the bat you are incorrect in the first sentence.

Read 'teeeds posts.

You don't understand the contracts that are in play here on a year to year basis.
Cool

Understand how negotiations work.

It pretty much destroys contracts which aren't so relevant these days

If you have money and power, contracts are irrelevant. That's life. Unless you're Jim Nantz.

Pretty sure Tiger is more comfortable with playing 28-29 holes tomorrow than all this today.

Cool

If you have money and power, contracts are irrelevant. That's life. Unless you're Jim Nantz.
There are no negotiations

Augusta takes no money

If ESPN or cbs suddenly started making demands, it would be on a different network next year

Cool

Read up on how things work with Augusta National before bitching.

Trust me, it's doing you no good.

We've tried to tell you how this goes but you're being stubborn.

Reactions: KJ
What a fucked up day

Everything early, Haaland goal of the century, now time to regrip

None

It's not a cbs issue

Augusta tells them, you can broadcast these hours

If cbs said no or asked for more, they wouldn't show it at all
It's odd because they never allowed the front nine to be shown and now CBS has free reign on that

Back