The Masters In-Game

I get Augusta has control over the TV stuff, but it's flat out ridiculous you can't have it on a channel in 2023 somewhere to watch the whole field playing the last full 36 holes. It's akin to not being able to watch the first 5 innings of a world series game, first half of a world cup soccer match, first quarter of an NBA finals, etc.

I get Augusta has control over the TV stuff, but it's flat out ridiculous you can't have it on a channel in 2023 somewhere to watch the whole field playing the last full 36 holes. It's akin to not being able to watch the first 5 innings of a world series game, first half of a world cup soccer match, first quarter of an NBA finals, etc.
We're lucky as hell to get the coverage we get.

BEST app there is for this. Incredible. You can literally watch every shot in the tournament.

You really don't miss much at all anymore at Augusta.

It sucked till even sometime in the 2000s when they started opening things up.

These things won't change at ANGC

- Them controlling the coverage
- Yearly contracts
- No on course reporters
- No running
- No "mashed potatoes"

I could go on and on...

I encourage you guys complaining to read up on this stuff a bit... Tell ya what, with how this country has crumbled the last two years, I really more than ever appreciate a place like ANGC. Think about it for a min...

Lastly, this isn't even a Convo right now unless The Masters decided that the final group wasn't a "featured group" today.

Was it weird? Absolutely. Did I like it? Heck no.

Usually these guys tee off 60-90 mins later on Saturday. That added to the issue, otherwise they are on hole 2-4 or so by time cbs coverage begins.

Lastly #2. I need to say it again. CBS has ZERO say in this. They keep coming back every year for a reason fellas.

We're lucky as hell to get the coverage we get.

BEST app there is for this. Incredible. You can literally watch every shot in the tournament.

You really don't miss much at all anymore at Augusta.

It sucked till even sometime in the 2000s when they started opening things up.

These things won't change at ANGC

- Them controlling the coverage
- Yearly contracts
- No on course reporters
- No running
- No "mashed potatoes"

I could go on and on...

I encourage you guys complaining to read up on this stuff a bit... Tell ya what, with how this country has crumbled the last two years, I really more than ever appreciate a place like ANGC. Think about it for a min...

Lastly, this isn't even a Convo right now unless The Masters decided that the final group wasn't a "featured group" today.

Was it weird? Absolutely. Did I like it? Heck no.

Usually these guys tee off 60-90 mins later on Saturday. That added to the issue, otherwise they are on hole 2-4 or so by time cbs coverage begins.

Lastly #2. I need to say it again. CBS has ZERO say in this. They keep coming back every year for a reason fellas.

Yeah, I get it, it just sucks is all. I will try the app out though. Had no idea. Was streaming on the laptop at some random website like they do for tennis and UFC.

This has actually worked out perfectly.

I need to get some outdoor shit done. It wasn't happening till Monday. So, tomorrow I can watch 3rd round in the morning, head to Easter Brunch at noon and be home for the 2pm coverage right on the button.

Perfect.

Yeah, took the rest of the afternoon doing some spring cleaning then watching UFC. Makes it easier for tomorrow being a do nothing but watch golf day.

Augusta will always have full control.

That's why these are 1 year contracts.

This isn't other sports or even the other 3 majors.
They are so self important and why the whole thing sucks. We don't care how "exclusive" you are anymore

Lot of interesting storylines. I absolutely do not think it's a foregone conclusion that Brooks wins...does anyone see anyone else besides Rahm chasing close? Maybe Morikawa? A name that could make a crazy run..Scottie Scheffler.

Reactions: KJ
Lot of interesting storylines. I absolutely do not think it's a foregone conclusion that Brooks wins...does anyone see anyone else besides Rahm chasing close? Maybe Morikawa? A name that could make a crazy run..Scottie Scheffler.
Brooks doesn't fukkin' know how to play a fourth round

App is incredible.

Watched from bed 930 am on Thursday. Can't beat it.
What are the chances of the PGA implementing the same for their website? The interest in wagering on golf would skyrocket… it’s an amazing handicapping tool…

Siap

Play Suspended​

Saturday, April 08, 2023

Due to inclement weather conditions, the third round has been officially suspended for the rest of the day as of 3:15 p.m. EDT.
The third round will resume Sunday at 8:30 a.m. CBS will air live coverage beginning at 8:30 a.m. through the conclusion of the third round. Ticket gates will open at 7:00 a.m., as previously scheduled.
The final round is expected to begin at 12:30 p.m. off of Nos. 1 and 10 in pairings. The live broadcast will remain 2:00-7:00 p.m. on CBS, as originally scheduled.

What are the chances of the PGA implementing the same for their website? The interest in wagering on golf would skyrocket… it’s an amazing handicapping tool…

Great question. That's come up the past few years. Everyone else needs to step up, big time.

Of all the majors, the coverage between apps/tv all should hope to measure up to what The Masters have done these past few years. Obviously, they were lacking back in the day.

Watched a solid essay about 10 mins long on the 10 year anniversary of the Tiger "drop" on 15 the other night.

I remember watching it live and some of the aftermath but there was so much more to it.

The interesting parts...

Remember, this is after his pitch hit the flag and came back in the water.

-Caddies and players thought that weeks sticks were bigger/heavier
-The guy who called it in(viewer) had big time history with the ANGC commissioner at the time.
-Tiger, in an interview later, said what he did accidentally. Otherwise, there might never have been a penalty at all.
-The backlash for both him not being DQ'ed or withdrawal was HUGE. That I remember.
-Tigers Friday shirt that week was awful lol

Interesting stuff. I think I saw it on IG, was a neat watch.

The timing was interesting, due to the Koepka/Woodland controversy. There is zero doubt that a penalty occured on Thursday. The evidence is there, both caddie and Brooks flashed 5. Now, the timing is the question I guess. One of those, if not both, were before Gary hit.

Watching "Live from" Thursday night, Paul McGinley basically said this happens all the time and the players basically ignore this rule. Brandel was completely opposite on the situation.

I know ANGC reopened the investigation on Friday and nothing came of it, just interesting is all. There has been much less uproar over this than a 'cut' video on Collins putt (remarking ball that moved) that had people in fits on SM the same day.

Rain is my downfall (one of many) in golf.

I'm absolute toast. Can't grip.
Raingrip gloves work wonders. I was having the round of my life at Treetops in N. MIchigan til a deluge of rain came. BTW did you ever play Elk Ridge in Atalanta. Prolly one of fave courses playing all time. Wept when I read they turned back into hunting range. Those greens were the best anywhere and I mean could rival Pebble Beach.

Raingrip gloves work wonders. I was having the round of my life at Treetops in N. MIchigan til a deluge of rain came. BTW did you ever play Elk Ridge in Atalanta. Prolly one of fave courses playing all time. Wept when I read they turned back into hunting range. Those greens were the best anywhere and I mean could rival Pebble Beach.
Nope, never did.

That sucks to hear.

Also, Treetops!

My 70 year old FIL had no idea what was going on. It’s just a crazy event in todays day in age. I get and appreciate it. But to rely on an app to see the best players in the world to toe to toe and hope for a replay 2 mins afterward is sort of whack.

I like Augusta. But CBS should stop promoting it 11 months prior to the event if they can only cover 15 mins of golf where we had 6+ hours.

My 70 year old FIL had no idea what was going on. It’s just a crazy event in todays day in age. I get and appreciate it. But to rely on an app to see the best players in the world to toe to toe and hope for a replay 2 mins afterward is sort of whack.

I like Augusta. But CBS should stop promoting it 11 months prior to the event if they can only cover 15 mins of golf where we had 6+ hours.
Money talks.

Outdoor sport, weather does happen otherwise we miss a few holes like every year on Saturday (on Network TV).

Private Club, their rules.

These fuckers make 70 million in merchandise sales in 7 days ON SITE.

They know what they are doing.

First masters I watched, 1992, Freddy Couples... Coverage started at 4 on Sunday. Yes, 4-7 was the window (I could be wrong and it was 3 but you missed the first 6-7 holes).

Thursday and Friday late 90s and early 2000s were 4-6pm on USA network.

Yep, that's it. I think it was 10-12 hours of coverage back then.

They have evolved big time and in today's day and age when many only use their phones, they came up with the best app there is for an event like this. They blow everyone else out of the water.

----------------------

The good thing, taking a few days break from most SM. The amount of people freaking out on CBS that have no clue what's going on is at least now cracking me up (drove me crazy earlier).

CBS= Zero control

That script isn't getting flipped.

Enjoy the fact that we can watch this entire major, none of the others can claim that. We're quite lucky.

ANGC isn't dumb, they are making sure CBS gets the morning coverage tomorrow (this will be their Saturday window). This partnership works hella well.

Oh, on Greg Norman...

He's whining because he wasn't issued a grounds pass this week like most previous years...

ANGC admitted that having him there would be a distraction AND he's only shown up 2 of the last 10 years.

Keep it classy Greg.

I’m still trying to get over Tiger making the cut, I’ll be eating canned beans for the next 4 months

Even though I don’t like Koepka I’m rooting for him to hold on
Not surprised here...

Thing is, he drove the ball great for 34 holes.

Irons were not as you would expect.

Putting was bad Thursday and okay Friday.

But, there is a reason he's one of the two best ever and THE best grinder there is.

Starting tomorrow, dry and cold morning...

Rahm has a makeable birdie and Brooks has a medium range par putt. No doubt both easier than they would have been if taken before the horn.

Par 5 after.

The first 20-25 mins tomorrow morning will be telling.

Not surprised here...

Thing is, he drove the ball great for 34 holes.

Irons were not as you would expect.

Putting was bad Thursday and okay Friday.

But, there is a reason he's one of the two best ever and THE best grinder there is.
How many pros could win a US Open with two stress fractures and a torn acl in his left leg? He can compartmentalize and grind like no one I’ve ever seen…

Biggest shock thus far for me is Phil. I get that he knows the course extremely well, but like Tea said, I thought two mid 70’s and a mc was a certainty this week. Never considered a top 10 finish a possibility.

Oh, on Greg Norman...

He's whining because he wasn't issued a grounds pass this week like most previous years...

ANGC admitted that having him there would be a distraction AND he's only shown up 2 of the last 10 years.

Keep it classy Greg.
Still pretty sure Kevin Na showed up just so he could watch all four rounds and enjoy

You and me both, I had Phil missing it. Figured he’d shoot 75-75.

“I've wined and dined with kings and queens - but I've slept in alleys and dined on pork 'n' beans.”- Dusty Rhodes
I’ll put this here but I’ve got an uncle that was NOPD in the 80’s.
Dusty got detained in a huge bar fight on the wrong side of Bourbon St. If you know what I mean…

Is Rahm a member there? He's already had a ball bounce out of a bunker and another deflect out of the trees.

Back