The Fixed Game on Thursday

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
I was out, so I'm so sure folks on here caught this in the in-game, but this deserves a thread.

OK St. up 17 with roughly 6min to play. They kick an on-side kick (i'm not kidding). With a short field. TT obviously scores easily. Ok St wins by 10.

Hats off to folks who love college. The sport is corrupt :tiphat:

I was thinking that it was a little odd how TT scored so easily there with the backup qb. Short field, 2 PI calls, etc. The 'fix' thought did jump in my head while watching.

But it wasn't an onside kick. The TT kick returners were dominating every time they touched the ball. Okie St tired to squib it, but they screwed up and kicked it right into a TT front line player. It bounced back and was almost recovered by Okie State, but unfortunately not. Then 2 PI calls later, TT was on the 4.

I was thinking that it was a little odd how TT scored so easily there with the backup qb. Short field, 2 PI calls, etc. The 'fix' thought did jump in my head while watching.

But it wasn't an onside kick. The TT kick returners were dominating every time they touched the ball. Okie St tired to squib it, but they screwed up and kicked it right into a TT front line player. It bounced back and was almost recovered by Okie State, but unfortunately not. Then 2 PI calls later, TT was on the 4.

Nice "PC" answer

Nice "PC" answer

LOL. Maybe. Holding an Okie st ticket, I was definitely annoyed that this happened. And like I said, the 'fix' thought popped in my head at the time. Just not sure if I buy it; I don't think, even with the ball at midfield that the backup would have driven them down without the two PIs; this means there would have to be several people in on it. Something I want to hope doesn't happen (or at least not that often).

I don't think they mean to kick onside. They were fearful of the kick returner, who destroyed them all night. The dumb kicker just happened to kick it right at the other team lol.

Ohhhh I'll take a shot here

Stop watching it and stop betting on it. I'm such a fucking great problem solver

Next?

Kingsbury seemed pretty mindful of the spread. Down by 10 with 3:00 left, and he decides to punt. Doesn't matter if he was in his own territory and it was 4th and a mile. Throw it up, see what happens. You've got nothing to lose. Except the cover.

Kingsbury seemed pretty mindful of the spread. Down by 10 with 3:00 left, and he decides to punt. Doesn't matter if he was in his own territory and it was 4th and a mile. Throw it up, see what happens. You've got nothing to lose. Except the cover.

Yeah, that was def. fishy.

If you don't like a sport and think its fixed then don't watch it and stop betting on it. I don't get why that's a hard concept. You believe the games are fixed so don't bet them. It seems that you've found a tremendous edge here in avoiding betting a fixed sport

My flavor of kool aid is purple...yes purple is a flavor in kool aid terms

As it turned out Tex Tech had a chance to stop ok state and get the ball back with around a minute left (maybe 90 seconds I can't remember) IF they stopped them on 3rd down. THEY HAD 2 TIMEOUTS He probably thought that was a better chance than giving OK state the ball on their 25 for an easy score. But it didn't matter as OK state converted and ran out the time.

And the kickoff was a squib kick that hit one of the up men. NOT an onside kick

Nice call on the squib. [video]http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/21530525/crf.0_standard_709.0.gif[/video]

The ingame line adjustments were very suspicious. 2H line was -7 for a fullgame line of -14. OSU scores on first possession to go up 14; ingame line goes up to 17.5. Tech scores and ingame line drops to 10.5 instead of going back to 14.

Last edited:
It was a squib kick, but Kingsbury definitely had his eyes on the cover when he punted at the end. Once he decided to punt he had no chance to win the game. Sure it was 4th and long but they could have thrown it up and tried to give someone a chance, and with the way things were going Oklahoma State probably would have been flagged for PI.

It was a squib kick, but Kingsbury definitely had his eyes on the cover when he punted at the end. Once he decided to punt he had no chance to win the game. Sure it was 4th and long but they could have thrown it up and tried to give someone a chance, and with the way things were going Oklahoma State probably would have been flagged for PI.

:mean4:

I'll credit you that Kingsbury played to cover. Coaches do that to keep alumni happy but that's nothing new in college football. What I don't get is how you think the game was fixed. Who do you think was paid a massive amount of money by a third party? Do you think it was Kingsbury, Gundy, the refs, someone else?

The ingame line adjustments were very suspicious. 2H line was -7 for a fullgame line of -14. OSU scores to go up 17; ingame line goes up to 17.5. Tech scores and ingame line drops to 10.5 instead of going back to 14.

Of course it would go to 10.5 and not 14. It was a 10 pt differential at the time, why would it ever go to 14 in that scenario?

The only fixed game last night was in the bronx & it wasnt football

Yep, the Orioles decided to not worry about home field advantage and figured they would lose on purpose. Oh, and the Yanks decided to let up 2 HRs to Balt so they could tie the game, but then beared down and made sure it was only a tie game.

A million more games than this could be considered fixed. 6 mins to go covering a 14 point spread by 3 and you think that's fixed? Nah man.

Of course it would go to 10.5 and not 14. It was a 10 pt differential at the time, why would it ever go to 14 in that scenario?

Because it was the same scenario as at the start of the half when the line was 14 - OSU with the ball and a 7-point lead with almost the full half left to play.

I see I made a mistake in what I typed that caused you not to understand what I was talking about. That mistake has been corrected.

I thought it was common knowledge lots of college coaches try to cover. It's always made practical sense to cover in NCAAF. Plus the drunken alumni, as Dwight said. Playing to cover an outright loss is a little weird, but I've seen hundreds of fishier games.

Because it was the same scenario as at the start of the half when the line was 14 - OSU with the ball and a 7-point lead with almost the full half left to play.

I see I made a mistake in what I typed that caused you not to understand what I was talking about. That mistake has been corrected.

Well first, your correction completely changes what you said. But, was the in game line itself ever 14? The in game lines is almost never the same as the game line once the game starts, like as soon as a game kicks off. The 2nd half line is essentially meaningless once the 2nd half kicks off, as far as the live lines go.

I'm not sure it was fishy at all, you see that type of stuff all the time in the live betting lines.

yep but I'm an orioles fan. 1st walkoff hit for Jeter at home in 7 years:enraged:

I'd like to point out that's a third of his career. That's it? One otherwise meaningless slappy the other way.

So ... How much did you lose, Gorgy?

2u...Look, I made it up with the UCLA Over. I'm not pissed about the money lost. I watched the game out at a bar and about 6 other people all said the same thing. I have a love/hate relationship with College Football. You can make money in this, but some of this shit is just mind boggling.

Eh, I don't think this one ranks on the fishy scale. I'll entertain bad beat, but aren't they all?

Welp, that didn't happen. Is every unusual play, every mistake, evidence of a fix? Sports would get pretty boring without the hiccups.

It would be nice to ask Kingsbury about the punt decision though. Put him on the spot and force him to answer and explain it. Clearly, he was playing for cover. He needs to be forced to state that unequivocally. Its one thing if you are a 35 point dog, losing 31-0 late. Last nights situation was completely different. That doesnt happen in the NFL. NFL coaches dont care about the spread at all. Now, our cynical eyes wont bat a lash when we hear it, cause we know it, but main stream murika, espn, and his players might say what the fuck did you say.

BTW, Gorg you cant start a thread by stating you didnt see the game and than call it an onside kick and have any credibility on the OK State participation in conspiracy. What happened IMO is the "fix" that most happens. Covering dog plays conservative late to save moral victory..

BYU leads the nation in penalties per game.
Baylor last year, lead the conference in penalties per game, with Oregon 123 of 125.

Penalties dont equate to losses.

No one said they couldn't win. If teams are talented enough to overcome a lack of discipline and an abundance of stupidity, so be it. Teams with marginal talent, like Tech, can't afford that. So you can put it at the feet of Kingsbury. Lord knows I'm a charter member of his fan club.

Something similar happened in the Alabama/Texas national championship game after Texas scored a touchdown to cut the lead to 24-13 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Texas had been kicking away from Javier Arenas all evening. In fact the Longhorns had inadvertently recovered a pooch kick earlier in the game. Nevertheless, after Texas scored a touchdown to cut the lead to 34-13, the Texas kicker launched a missile that ricocheted off of Alabama front man Brad Smelley. The loose ball was subsequently recovered by Texas. Last night's play was analogous, except Texas Tech managed to gain possession.

I certainly perceive it as the fix being in, but then again I was on TT +14.

Thought this was going to be either about all of the push offs for TD's that the okie lite wr's got away with or about webb faking an injury. TT looked like the correct side from an ats standpoint from the opening kickoff to the final whistle, imo .... But I feel your pain.

I admit that I texted Cubsker laughing at the decision to punt. I suppose that could have been spread related.

It's not like Oklahoma state gave up 28 fourth qtr pts to utsa or something ...

I don't think the game was fixed at all but we all know game fixing happens in sports so it is good to keep a skeptical eye. Win the next one if you don't take dwights advice.

Back