The Cobra vs Viking Warrior, FNF and more....

twinkie13

In transit, arriving late.
At Uncasville, Conn. (ESPN2/ESPN Deportes): Delvin Rodriguez vs. Freddy Hernandez, 10 rounds, junior middleweights; Issouf Kinda vs. Chris Howard, 10 rounds, junior welterweights; Michael Moore vs. Doel Carrasquillo, 8 rounds, junior middleweights; Constantin Bejenaru vs. Excell Holmes, 4 rounds, heavyweights; Joseph Perez vs. Frank Trader, 6 rounds, junior lightweights; Alexander Juarez vs. TBA, 4 rounds, junior middleweights
At White Plains, N.Y.: Ronica Jeffrey vs. Olivia Gerula, 10 rounds, female junior lightweights; Tommy Rainone vs. TBA, 8 rounds, welterweights; Ahmed Samir vs. TBA, 6 rounds, cruiserweights; Dorsett Barnwell 6 or 8 rouds, heavyweights; Joe Smith Jr. vs. TBA, 6 rounds, light heavyweights; Danny Valle vs. TBA, 4 rounds, lightweights; Marco Suares vs. TBA, 4 rounds, junior welterweights; Antowyan Aikens vs. TBA, 4 rounds, super middleweights
May 25
At London (HBO): Mikkel Kessler vs. Carl Froch, rematch, 12 rounds, WBA/IBF super middleweight unification; George Groves vs. Noe Gonzalez Alcoba, 12 rounds, super middleweights; Tony Bellew vs. Isaac Chilemba, rematch, 12 rounds, WBC light heavyweight eliminator
At Buenos Aires, Argentina: Omar Narvaez vs. Felipe Orucuta, 12 rounds, for Narvaez's WBO junior bantamweight title
At Managua, Nicaragua: Roman Gonzalez vs. Ronald Barrera, 10 rounds, flyweights
May 26
At Saransk, Russia: Oleg Maskaev vs. Jason Gavern, 10 rounds, heavyweights
May 31
At Walsall, England: Ameth Diaz vs. Martin Gethin, 12 rounds, IBF lightweight eliminator

Will get this up now. I am a Cobra homer LOL, I cannot lie. One of my faves. As usual, the red is of interest from multiple points. If anyone has a bead on the May 31 fight, I couldnt bring myself to give it the "red" lol

Anyway I like the Sheriff here. I liked him the first go and I thought he won(I think I am in the minority there)...My thoughts are in the other thread but in O2 Arena and the comp Froch been seeing is way better than what Kess been picking on...that may be to his advantage in some respect

Obviously Kess is the better technician, but I am not sure he can take Froch's pressure or shots better this time around

Froch has little to no defense, but is awkward. I am gonna watch their first fight again

I will write a more detailed write up later in the week but my initial thinking is this fight goes similar to the last one. Obviously the Bute win has taken Froch to another level after his pitiful performance against Andre Ward while Kessler has seemed to have dropped off a bit. With all this said I think this is an absolute 50/50 fight and honestly the best fight at 168 imo. Their last fight was a great one that I had Kessler winning 116-112 if I am not mistaken, I'd have to dig out my old score book to be certain though. I expect this one to go the exact same, a close action packed fight that goes the distance and just like the other one I see the home fighter squeaking out a close decision. I am a huge Mikkel Kessler fan, so I hope I am wrong of course, but either way this fight will be a blast.

To me this fight has the excitement the first couple of fights in the super six had before it fell apart. It's just too bad Bute got hurt and had to pull out against Pascal because that would have been a wonderful fight to cap off the night.

Good stuff, Turk. I was on Kessler in the first fight. Since then I think they have kind of gone in opposite directions. I'm a fan of both guys, and think this will be another good one. I got Froch -180 a while ago. I think he wins it, close but clear.

Good stuff, Turk. I was on Kessler in the first fight. Since then I think they have kind of gone in opposite directions. I'm a fan of both guys, and think this will be another good one. I got Froch -180 a while ago. I think he wins it, close but clear.
This is kinda what I alluded to as far as Viking feasting at home. Completely agree.

I still think Froch won the first. One of the few times I have disagreed with the masses

I gave the first fight to Froch as well, but it was close...no doubt about that. I'll be on The Cobra for the rematch, as I agree that Kessler's soft competition may come back to haunt him.

Can't wait for this Friday fellas! If I get around to it, I'll post the 5dimes odds once I'm home.

:shake:

My thoughts on the first fight were pretty much "Home fighter wins". Had it been in England, I think Froch would have been given the decision. It was really close.

One thing about Froch, I think people really underrate his ability to box. He gets himself dragged into wars, sure, but he can box some when he needs to.

I didn't play FNF's. Didn't even get time to look at the fights. I actually forgot it was Friday, lol. Busy week.

WAR FROCH

I'm gonna have a small play on Chilemba +130. Half unit for me.

Sharper. Not as wild. Better defense. I feel like he's got the advantages in this fight (barring power, and location). Bellew can punch, but Chilemba didn't seem to have much trouble taking the shots in the first fight. A few minor adjustments should get him the win in this one.

Only a small play. Bellew's back yard, scorecards could look crazy.

Have Froch -180 (placed a little over a month ago) for 2 units, also.

On Cobra and Chilly....This Orucuta apparently has some dynamite, but he has never faced someone like Narvaez...in Argentina

One unit on all those guys...-240 Cobra/ Chilly +140/ Omar -110

Ill take that
:cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Froch by 12 rd decision +155x for me. Great discussion here, I really appreciate these threads. GL y'all.

Didn't have time to get to my write up this week, but I will drop a quick blurb before this thing gets going.

I got Froch winning a close decision in this one. Both men are basically equal in all categories so it is very difficult to pick a winner, but Froch is in the slightly better form and fighting at home so I will have to go with him. I am pulling hard for the Dane so hopefully I am wrong on this.

If Kessler is to win it will have to be from his body work that has been very impressive since his last fight with Carl. Kessler's left hand hook to the body is probably his best punch right now and if he can land it throughout the fight things might just go his way.

WAR KESSLER

[video=youtube;O6QKn7iWy5c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6QKn7iWy5c[/video]

For those that don't have hbo this site will have 5 different streams of the fight going http://boxingguru.eu/gurutv2.html

Very quick. -180 on Froch is aewsome OBV BOL jab. I think -220-240 was a fair price. Froch fighting in England is like a UFC Brazilian fighting in Brazil, they fight like their in some alternate Universe. I personally think Froch stops Kessler late as IMO the injuries and so so competition since ward should catch up to Kessler. This might be the FOTY though. CANT WAIT!

gonna watch the 9er replay...

that is what i expected son of b....18k, O2 sold out in a couple hours

So Cobra came in, Chilly that fucker lost(havent seen the fight, but apparently...whatever...no robbery..not typing it out)

Anyone got an Omar result?

On Cobra and Chilly....This Orucuta apparently has some dynamite, but he has never faced someone like Narvaez...in Argentina

One unit on all those guys...-240 Cobra/ Chilly +140/ Omar -110

Ill take that
:cheers::cheers:
watching Omar right now...some real fucked up scores

I will take it tho...that Mexican is a guy to keep an eye on boys

Back