Week 4 in the FCS

I should've got Holy Cross at 25.5, but I let it go, now 26.5 and 27.5. Was hoping for a 24

I signed up for MGM so I could have some more ML options. They are so whacked, depending how you are accessing their site/app it can be hard to find the FCS games, but then if you look at by confernece they have teams who aren't FCS any more still listed (Sam Houston and Jacksonville St) and I went to MEAC and it was Miss State - South Carolina

MGM put up Bryant/Princeton ML but no spread or total. Took some +450 on Bryant

I think the QB might be out, but it may not matter. That is a good number, though, 23 is what I saw. You are a better stalker than me, especially for the later games
The remaining plays I hope to hit are basically fades of the opponent...

I thought I heard that the Texas Southern QB could be out as well. I'm not playing alot of HBCU games very often, but thought that line could be higher. Grambling D so bad though

The remaining plays I hope to hit are basically fades of the opponent...

I'm hoping for a low number on EIU as I don't trust them to win by much yet, but they should have a good offensive outing for first time today

I hate it when I hit submit and the line changes and then I have to scramble to try to keep hitting it until it goes through...so stuck with 130 on that one as I saw 112 and then 119

Butler - Stetson was supposed to be on ESPN+. It's on something called Hatter Vision instead via YouTube

Two questionable calls in the Princeton game have gone towards the Tigers, they may be getting a little help at home today.

Has there been any update on the NC Central QB after he got hurt last week? I can't find anything online.

Has there been any update on the NC Central QB after he got hurt last week? I can't find anything online.

There is some kind of reddit FCS message board or something, I think I've heard it talked about. There may be an HBCU section there?. Very hard to get updates on a lot of these teams.

There was also some speculation on the bluebloods podcast with Zach McKinnell that NCCU might hold him out this week given the opponent? I don't think he had any knowledge, just thinking about the situation.

Man completely misjudged UNH as I took the +1.5 110 thinking it would flip but now +3.5…oh well

Some think Delaware is tough at home, so that must be an angle on backing the Bluehens night home game makes it harder for UNH. I like UNH to win. I took 1.5 and 3.5

I'm not sure I missed a lower open on Campbell, but I don't want to lay 3.5

Seemed like there were a lot of very consequential plays late in games today.

Stetson scores with a 2pt conversion, 31-28 2min left. Onside kick recovered by Butler, 2 plays later 43y TD run and 38-28 F.

Cornell is beating Yale with 3min left. Yale gets a 30y TD on 4th-and-20! But Cornell nails walk-off 37y FG to win 23-21.

Marist appeared ready to take the lead vs Valpo after scoring a TD with :14 left, but the xpt was blk’d and they went to OT where Marist won it.

Depending on the line, Dartmouth muffed a punt at their own 7 up by 24 and Lehigh made it a 17 pt game with 2-1/2 min left which was the final.

Morehead tied 28-28 on 4th down with 1:52 to go. St Thomas scored the go-ahead TD with :09 left.

Eastern Illinois’ All Conference kicker pulled his groin in warm ups prior to game 1 and has not played all year nor did he kick in the game today until they inserted him into the lineup to make a career long 56y game winner!

It appeared that Stony Brook would tie in the 4th Q on a pick-six, but the xpt was blocked keeping the game 17-16. They later made a FG to take a 19-17 lead, but Richmond made a FG with :41 left to win.

Old Dominion was in danger of losing to Texas A&M Commerce with A&M scored a TD with :28 left and decided to go for 2 and the win. It failed. 10-9 F.

Did you have the Total in Penn-Bucknell? 10 pts in the 1H…48 in the 2H

How about the Sac State – Idaho game? Wow. How about the finish? Idaho kicked 30y FG to go up by 3 and there is :01 second left. You know what happens. Sac St fumbled a lateral attempt on the KO and Idaho picked it up and ran it in with :00 on the clock to win by 9.

Merrimack at Wagner was a weird one. Especially the ending. Merrimack failed to get into the EZ in the final seconds in a 3 pt game, so from the 1 yard line they decide to kick a FG. I had no sound on, but from some combination of timeouts or reviews there were about 10 minutes that went by most of it with the players in formation while while the refs held them up. After all that waiting Merrimack had a bad snap and didn’t get the kick off for the loss.

A couple weeks ago, Morgan lost at Akron when they fumbled running out the clock and Akron scooped and scored it with like :52 left. Today, Albany fumbled running out the clock and Morgan recovered in Albany territory in a 10-7 game with 1min left. They got down to the A01 with a FD. Two tries to get in were stuffed then they had a penalty moving them back and ultimately had to kick a tying FG. They lost in double OT.

SEMO has had their hearts ripped out two straight weeks. Last week All Everything RB Geno Hess fumbled about 1min to go while killing clock allowing SIU the chance to go win the game, which they did. Today, their QB Paxton DeLaurant was having a terrific game at EKU. SEMO led throughout, sometimes by multiple scores, but EKU kept coming back. EKU just tied the game with :30 left after going 93 yards. On the ensuing possession, this time DeLaurant fumbled as he scrambled which EKU recovered at the 25 yard line. If that is not enough, EKU has no timeouts, McKinney scrambles for just a 2 yard gain and the clock is running. Instead of snapping the ball on 2nd down and spiking it, they fire drill the FG unit onto the field, as they bumble around trying to get into formation the clock is ticking…3…2…1 what? SEMO called timeout! The HC is pissed, an assistant apparently on the SEMO sideline called timeout. SEMO themselves were out of position, possibly they had too few or too many players on the field, but EKU may not have gotten the snap off for the FG. They call a timeout, EKU lines up and 46y later, ball game. SEMO never trailed today until :00. And they never trailed last week until :11 left.

North Alabama was hanging around the spread in the 2H. They threw an INT with 2min to go which was returned to their 46 yard line. Two plays later and a 43y run and UT Martin, 1:21 to go and gets the cover winning by 16. That is the second late game collapse by North Alabama in what was otherwise a close or fairly close game (the first be Tarleton St).

Any Southern Utah bets? How about any Western Illinois players? If so then you already know what happened here. Southern Utah was leading 17-3 until Western Illinois scored the next to, 17-17 HT. It was 24-17 late 4Q when SUU got a 43y TD pass with just 1:43 left. Up 14 they still aren’t covering. How about a 60y pick-six with :31 left – that’ll do it. 37-17 F.

Some really big upsets today: Houston Christian as a 4 TD underdog sends SE Louisiana to 0-4. NAU, the week after losing to Utah Tech 50-36 (NAU actually trailed that one 50-15) themselves as a 17 pt favorite, well today they themselves pull an upset as a 17 pt dog vs no other than Montana! And the pitchforks have already been out for Hauck. One more, Norfolk State has had quite the season. They opened with a loss to a Dll. They upset Hampton week 2. They have been outgained in every game coming into today by a total of 570 yards. They won at Towson today as a 17.5 pt dog. I think those were the three upsets that closed over 2 TDs. I have Cornell closing just under 14. I count eight DD dog outright winners.

We should’ve mentioned it…Kennesaw lost to Tennessee Tech. Are they redshirting players already for next year? This was game 4 and the speculation is they would do it after 4 games, unless they wanted to save them for one more game somewhere else later to play and they started doing it today? I don’t know, but they lost to Tennessee Tech today 17-7. That might’ve been the last opportunity we will have with great odds to play against them if they are going to be sitting players.

A lot of weird shit happened today.

The only game I had that lost that bothers me is Cal Poly. I knew they were not good. I did not know just how bad they are. I mean, they are bottom 5 type team in the sub-division. We know nobody is worse than Mississippi Valley, and lots of MEAC and SWAC and Pioneer teams have lost to Dlls or NAIAs this year. Cal Poly is that bad. I feel like I should've known that somehow - I thought they were somewhat similar to Portland State. Last year was a 7 pt game. Portland St was beating them 52-14 at HT and I don't think Portland St are world beaters.

Would've been nice to have the William and Mary and the Charleston Southern from this week play eachother last week. How about Western Carolina! Pretty effin good. SoCon title contender for sure!

Eastern Washington just beat UC Davis for their 12th straight win in the series I think they said. Of note, UC Davis starting QB looked to be hurt on a sack last series of the game and their super RB Lan Larison had a knee brace in the 4Q. Costly loss.

Last edited:
Back