The 2021 Masters Discussion Thread

Sungjae Im was my sleeper pick, had the metrics to do well here.......has played his last 16 holes at +12.

Sungjae Im was my sleeper pick, had the metrics to do well here.......has played his last 16 holes at +12.
Funny how metrics don't seem to have a heart rate or a memory

I like him in virtually every tournament he plays but at some point I can't help but think he will have to fight through burn out

I like Rahm but his swing is getting butt ugly. He really lays it off on the backswing, which is way to short to begin with.

Be awesome if he misses the cut and just goes on a bender on South Beach, misses the jacket ceremony

If Blake has this same motivation I'm gonna have a hard time fading him at Torrey

I watch with no sound.can somebody help me out. Why was Si Woo putting with his 3wood the last 3 holes ? Thanks.

thanks mr. KJ
i figured he was pissed . Did the announcers say why. ?
I noticed he stepped away from his t shot and looked overwhatb I can call the crowd.
just wondering if a racial slur was involved.

thanks mr. KJ
i figured he was pissed . Did the announcers say why. ?
I noticed he stepped away from his t shot and looked overwhatb I can call the crowd.
just wondering if a racial slur was involved.
I still don't know

All I saw was him cramming his putter into the ground then putting with a 3w lol

End of round three leader:
Spieth +450
JT +650

If you want to win at Augusta, you want to be in the final pairing. I've got the Spieth/JT quinella so I'll be more than happy if this is the final group on Sunday.

End of round three leader:
Spieth +450
JT +650

If you want to win at Augusta, you want to be in the final pairing. I've got the Spieth/JT quinella so I'll be more than happy if this is the final group on Sunday.
Weather may play a factor for round 3...the winds are forecast to pick up in the afternoon with the threat of rain. May give an advantage to the earlier tee times tomorrow.

Wind and rain picking up around 2pm, right when the last few groups are teeing off. That being said, it will affect quite a few groups in one way or another who tee off after 11am.

Guessing we see a weather delay at some point.

Thanks for the reminder.
I had checked earlier in the day, and didn't see anything. Shitty weather forecasts have to be the worst thing about betting golf.

Adding Round #3:

Poulter +115 Over Casey

Si Woo -125 Over C Champ

Pending:

JT to win +900

JT Over Bryson for Tourney

C Smith Over Tyrell Hatton for Tourney

3-2-2 so far:

Wiesberger Over Macintyre Round #1 - Push

Adam Scott Over Bryson Round #2 - Lose

C Smith Over Morikowa Round #2 - Win

Casey Over Rory Round #2 - Push

Reed wins group of 3 Round #2 (Berger & Casey) -Lose

Spieth - 115 Over Rory for Tourney - Win

Wiesberger -120 Over V Perez for Tourney - Win

I went in on Cam Smith after round 1 but the bogey, double back to back yesterday was not good to see.
Still think he will be top 10 maybe 5 and have him at +6600

Today I like Cam, Champ, and Harman.
Still not sold on Bryson, do not think his distance and attack plan is as solid as someone like Finau, Champ who have distance with more controlled swings.
Even smaller guys like JT get it out there plenty far and Bryson seems like all or none with larger margin of error when off slightly.

I have to take a guy who broke his putter and then went with the metal-wood to putt.

I've seen reports it was a 3 wood and a 5 wood, which was it?

More fun for me after the cut, Ancer showed a ton to me when he could have melted down after Thursday

R3

Molinari -120 over Phil
Billy Ho +117 over Webb
Fatrick -.5 -130 over English 2*
Ancer -120 over Bubba
Fleetwood -.5 -120 over Lowry

Spieth -.5 +104 over Finau
JT -.5 -125 over Finau 2*
Zalatoris -129 over Rose 3*

JT to win +500 .5*
JT to lead after R3 +650 .5*

Time for some fun!

Last edited:
Weather. Looks like very little chance of rain until 5 pm

From AccuWeather:

The Augusta National Golf Club where The Masters tournament is taking place through this weekend will be on the northeastern edge of the severe weather threat on Saturday and probably just west of the big storms on Sunday. The greatest chance for a storm capable of producing lightning strikes will be Saturday afternoon in Augusta, Georgia.

Ancer Top 10 Finish +550

...nice bounceback after the retroactive penalty and an early tee off...hopefully he puts up a number as others falter

Reactions: KJ
The wind is supposed to pick up later too...so, advantage early tee times potentially

Adding Round #3:

Poulter +115 Over Casey

Si Woo -125 Over C Champ

Pending:

JT to win +900

JT Over Bryson for Tourney

C Smith Over Tyrell Hatton for Tourney

3-2-2 so far:

Wiesberger Over Macintyre Round #1 - Push

Adam Scott Over Bryson Round #2 - Lose

C Smith Over Morikowa Round #2 - Win

Casey Over Rory Round #2 - Push

Reed wins group of 3 Round #2 (Berger & Casey) -Lose

Spieth - 115 Over Rory for Tourney - Win

Wiesberger -120 Over V Perez for Tourney - Win
Adding:

Round #3 Spieth -115 Over Finau

Finau's par putt on #18 yesterday is omen of day ahead?

Also until I looked at tee times I seriously had zero clue that Stuart Cink was in this, I assume he won some event I paid no attention to in the last year to qualify

1-4 yesterday, back for more..

J Thomas -140 over Finau
Ancer-135 over Watson
P Reed -140 over English

Also until I looked at tee times I seriously had zero clue that Stuart Cink was in this, I assume he won some event I paid no attention to in the last year to qualify
It was a minor tournament back a few months. I forget the name. And probably not so minor in terms of the purse.

I can answer my own question posed previously re Si Woo Kim. From my local newspaper, Kim abused his putter after missing putts on 14 and (maybe) 15.

I can answer my own question posed previously re Si Woo Kim. From my local newspaper, Kim abused his putter after missing putts on 14 and (maybe) 15.
Yeah his putt on 14 was a rim job and he went full on Johnny Mac on the flat stick

It was a minor tournament back a few months. I forget the name. And probably not so minor in terms of the purse.
Safeway Open

Back