Terrelle Pryor #1 player in the country

I hate players that act like this. I know after the Bennett, Rouse, and Perriloux incident Mack quit recruiting players like this. Felt like an idiot getting played by 18 year old kids.

As far as Oregona and Florida I don't see it because its so far away from home and his dad is in a wheelchair.

Horn - agree totally on all points. He's been pressing staying close to home alot but for some reason FL keeps coming up in his top 3 from a couple of sources around here (Pittsburgh). The Penn State **** keep insisting that they are a possibility but that's all hopes and prayers...no shot he'll play for the old man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Horn - agree totally on all points. He's been pressing staying close to home alot but for some reason FL keeps coming up in his top 3 from a couple of sources around here (Pittsburgh). The Penn State **** keep insisting that they are a possibility but that's all hopes and prayers...no shot he'll play for the old man!

:down2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of things I found...

Cissoko, McGuffie still on board

Posted by [URL="http://blog.mlive.com/thediagabout.html"]Chris Burke[/URL] December 31, 2007 12:29PM

Categories: U-M Football
Welcome news from Rivals.com out of the Army All-American Bowl: Both Sam McGuffie and Boubacar Cissoko are excited about Rich Rodriguez's hire, and planning to stick as Wolverines.
McGuffie enjoyed Rodriguez's pitch of a spread offense, and the rehire of Fred Jackson helped as well.
"He was just like, 'You've seen what Noel Devine has done and Steve Slaton, fast guys like that. We can get you the ball like that and incorporate you the same way.' That will be good. Just get me in space and let me shake some people."​
Cissoko was more on the fence about his decision - at one point declaring that he would reopen his recruitment. But he seems as if he's decided to remain a Wolverine.
"Where I stand right now, the day of the game, I'll make my commitment to Michigan," Cissoko said. "I actually got my hat in the bag. I talked to coach (Rich)Rodriguez and I talked to his staff also so right now everything is going smooth for me."

Also, this is obviously one guys opinion...but...

Gray: Pryor will attend Michigan if Mallett leaves

Posted by [URL="http://blog.mlive.com/thediagabout.html"]Chris Burke[/URL] December 31, 2007 13:39PM

Categories: U-M Football

The Detroit News has a small capsule today quoting Jonas Gray's Rivals.com diary:

In his diary entry dated Dec. 30, Gray writes, "If I had to guess where Terrelle goes, I would say he ends up at Ohio State. I could still see him at Michigan, but he's going to watch the Ryan Mallett situation closely. I know Mallett is going to decide after the (Capital One) bowl game and if he decides to transfer, Terrelle Pryor is going to Michigan. I have a real good feel for that."​

<!-- | --> | Permalink (Learn More)

i played agianst this kid in basketball in high school since he was in 8th grade and he was owning seniors on our team at that age lol he will be a stud

He should just get a "college education" from "Phoenix University on-line". That would take about 6 months. He could go directly to the NFL. Walk on undrafted???

He could be the Football version of LeBron...:36_11_6:

well he deifnitely got a glimpse of the spread today at Michigan.

This win just did so much for Michigan recruiting on so many levels generally speaking..not just pryor.

pryor is not going to um with or without mallet. Hes a definite osu lean but look for Florida to make a push.

OSU is so confident he goes there..I love pushing all their fans buttons, it is comical.

OSU is so confident he goes there..I love pushing all their fans buttons, it is comical.

um...i don't know whos buttons you're pushing but my opinion is hes a great player, but they will be fine with or without.

IMO everyone is getting really worked up over him when nothing is a given. I'm sure you guys realize how many players bust at the next level. Don't get me wrong, he's very talented (I've seen him play several times) but he's also in AA, not AAAA which is equivelant to single A in CA, TX, FL, etc. Example, you know that great QB down in Miami, he was the #1 ranked QB in the country his senior year....everyone was dying to get him. Just saying, how many of you can name the #1 player in the country over the last couple of years?

2002 Vincent Young
2003 Ernie Sims (Reginald Bush #2)
2004 Adrian Peterson
2005 Derrick Williams
2006 Percy Harvin
2007 Jimmy Clausen (jury is still out but #2 Joe McKnight has looked great so far)

pretty solid list if you ask me

I wasn't referring to you sharpie...

Just a lot of guys that are OSU fans that I know are literally obsessed with getting this kid...As a Michigan fan, I am being realistic and know it's a longshot as we came in late.

pryor%2Bgargoyle%2Bcopy.jpg

Buddy of mine says he's been hangin with Shady McCoy and some other Pitt recruits....don't sleep on the Panthers...

These are his comments today.

1) Is your family pushing for a certain school?

2) Although you have set a final 5 schools are there any others that may jump into that top 5 or is it case closed that one of those 5 will be where you go?

Pryor - "My dad was pushing for Pitt, but not anymore. He knows I'm not going to go there. They're letting me choose my own school.

"It's case closed."

What made you decide to eliminate Pitt from the running?

Pryor - "I just didn't want to be in that area. It's too close to home. I don't like their offense either.

He's also rooming w/ Baldwin so you're going to hear Pitt stuff...but he's ruled them out many times like Horn says.

Orange - point proven, I can admit when I'm wrong. I assume you were looking at Rivals...take a look at the top 5 or even top 3, with the exception of Bush and McKnight they are nobody's...like I said, Kyle Wright is on there AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ANyway, good stuff.

He has the premium board over on scout in a meltdown, but I also have a premium membership to the UM scout site and you guys have done a good job at starting up some (many) Pryor threads too! lol

I get a kick out some of the guys on our board that go into the Pryor thread and ask Nevada (insider) for reassurance for the day that Pryor is still tOSU's.

The UM shirt the other day completly sold me that he is coming to Columbus.

Likeone of the posters over there has in their signature, "wake me when Pryor takes another offical visit".

Does anyone know when he is going to pick? Is it going to be on that ESPN show where they think there magicians and pull jersey's out of a box?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08011/848406-365.stm

Terrelle Pryor's Recruiting Diary: Steelers' Batch will join Pryor on recruiting trips

Friday, January 11, 2008

<!-- end story_image_box_size_1 -->Jeannette High School quarterback/defensive back Terrelle Pryor is ranked the No. 1 player in the country by several scouting services and is being recruited by colleges nationwide. Until he makes a college decision, the Post-Gazette periodically will run a diary from Pryor, as told to staff writer Mike White. <HR style="CLEAR: both; MARGIN-TOP: 1.5em; WIDTH: 160px; size: 3px" align=center>I am probably going to take three recruiting visits this month and I will be taking [Steelers quarterback] Charlie Batch with me to all of them.

20080111mf_pryor_135.jpg

Terrelle Pryor

I've known Charlie for a couple years. His brother dates my aunt. Charlie is kind of part of my family now. We talk. I asked him if he would want to go on my visits, and he said sure.

He'll just help me because he's been through this recruiting process before. Just from talking to him, I trust him a lot. When I go on these visits, I think he'll know who's telling the truth just by sitting there and listening.

I'm going to visit Michigan the weekend of Feb. 1. I'll probably go to Penn State the weekend of Jan. 18. I think I might try to go to Florida some time, too.

I've already been to Ohio State. I'm looking at Oregon, but I probably won't visit them.

I still don't plan on making a decision until signing day (Feb. 6).

Ever since coach [Rich] Rodriguez came to Michigan, I've had them high on my list.

I know [quarterback] Ryan Mallett is transferring from Michigan, and I know their top two receivers [Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington] are going into the NFL draft. But that doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm going to go where I can feel comfortable.

Michigan's coaches have told me that if I come there, I would have a good chance to start. But no matter where I go, there is going to be competition.

I expect the recruiting to get crazy in the next few weeks, just with coaches calling and other people trying to find out things.

I think playing in the All-American Bowl game [in San Antonio] last week was worth it. I didn't think I had anything to prove down there. I was just out there having fun. (Pryor was the MVP of the game.)

[Aliquippa's] Jonathan Baldwin was my roommate, but I wasn't in the room a lot, so I didn't really talk to him.

ESPN The Magazine did an article on me last week. I wasn't too happy about it. A lot of things they wrote about my parents aren't true. I don't know where they got some of their information.

I know I'll have some words for the dude that wrote it, if I ever get to talk to him.

Basketball season is starting to move along. It looks Beaver Falls might be the best [Class AA] team in the state so far. They beat us, but we're looking to play them again.

I'm not there yet in basketball. I still have to get my jumper going and get my conditioning up.

feb 1 seems like a late visit to michigan with signing day on the 6th...

He also has BB games on the 1st and 2nd.

To make this big of a decision and wait 5 days to visit a place that is going to mold you, grow you, teach you, get you where you need to be as an adult in life and then announce for that place 5 days later? I will be shocked!

And I think that Batch only helps if anything. He wasnt a running QB and I am sure he can tell that RR isnt going to put too many QBs into the pros throwing the ball.

He isn't going to Florida. Too far away from home.

Let's hope not...he sure as hell ain't playing next year and we recruited a couple of damn good QBs last year...we really need blue chip personnel at other positions more.

Plus, with all the jock sniffing all you northern boys are doing around this MFer (and his attention whore attitude) it'll give me another reason to root against tOSU...although, I guess recent history dictates I should root for y'all to go undefeated or 1-loss every year...:cheers:

Mully

I just read the article he is referencing in ESPN the magazine. Sounds like a hell of a prospect.

They definitely made certain people in his life out to be opportunists waiting to take adantage of him

Rodriguez is doing some serious recruiting of people who are already committed elsewhere at QB..nice if they get Pryor, but won't really care if they don't...UM was too late in the game anyways, to be realistic.

Yea, I am not expecting to get Pryor, it just stings a bit that in all reality it seems to be Michigan or Ohio State, and things aren't looking good for us Huntdog.
Wish it was Michigan or FLorida/LSU or someone we wouldnt have to run into for the next 3/4 years.

Pryor, Julio Jones, and Darrell Scott are three of the most impressive HS recruits to come out the same year in a very, very long time.

tide, Kid looks like the next Randy Moss. Too bad you might be losing your OC to Texas though lol. The Major needs to come back home.

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting
<SCRIPT language=javascript> if ((bIEWindowBrowser) && (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("MSIE 6.") != -1)) document.write("<div id=outercontainer style='height:220px;'>"); else document.write("<div id=outercontainer>"); document.write("<div id=contentcontainer style='font-size: " + currentsize + "pt;'>");</SCRIPT>Talk about it in The Insiders Forum

The nation's No. 1 player, Jeannette, Pa., quarterback Terrelle Pryor, has had quite a busy week since the U.S. Army All American Bowl. He's added a recruiting mentor, he's shuffled a few of his official visit dates and he's now interested in a new team. Here's the latest on Pryor.

<!--Start Image--><SCRIPT language=Javascript>document.write(insertImage('/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/TERRELLEPRYOR1_1200A.JPG', '', 0, 267, 200, 1, 'Pryor is now listening to LSU.', 'Rivals.com', 1200419725000, '', 1014, 'Align=Left'));</SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=202>
TERRELLEPRYOR1_1200A.JPG
</TD><TD width=6 rowSpan=3>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD height=3>
spacer1.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>Pryor is now listening to LSU.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- End Image-->"I'm taking my official visit to Michigan on Jan. 18, that's this upcoming weekend," he said. "I was supposed to go to Penn State but that's changed. I'm not really sure where I'm going on Jan. 25 and if I'll even take a visit in February. Right now it's Michigan as the only one scheduled."

Pryor has been allowing his new mentor, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch, to help with the process now that it is getting more hectic.

"I've had to get a second cell phone because things have been so crazy," said Pryor. "It's really getting busy now."

Pryor is considering Florida, Oregon and now LSU for an official visit on Jan. 25 - and that could be his last visit.

"LSU is new," he said. "Charlie spoke to them and then I spoke to coach Gary Crowton and I liked a lot of what he was saying. I wouldn't say they're as high up as the others because I am just learning about them, but I like what they're talking about in changing the offense for me."

Crowton was the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Oregon while Dennis Dixon was emerging, so he has utilized the spread offense. Pryor also likes what he's hearing from Oregon.

"They've been saying some good things as well," he said. "Oregon has had me interested for a little while now. Florida is in there as well, and they obviously run a quarterback-friendly offense."

As for Penn State, the school Pryor has been to the most, he's still not sure where the Nittany Lions stand.

"I don't know about them," he said. "I don't know if I need an official visit there because I've been there so many times and I'm not sure if they are a fit. But they're still in there for sure."

And, as always, most feel that Ohio State leads the way.

"I don't have a leader," he said. "We were all having fun at the U.S. Army All American Bowl with the Buckeyes on the helmets and I'm close to a lot of those guys, but I won't know where I'm going until I at least visit Michigan and maybe another place."

One final rumor that has been swirling has been that Pryor is now again interested in Pitt. He was seen at the Pitt basketball game last night.

"No, I'm not looking at Pitt," he said. "I went to the game to have some fun."

Pryor still plans on making his decision on Signing Day.

Charlie Batch will have EMU on the list before Feb 1...

This is the fourth date Pryor has thrown out that he's going to AA...he may get up there or may not, will be interesting...

Tressel has an inhome tomorrow....Mich had one Monday (RR didn't go I don't think), Oregon and Duke were in today...tOSU wed...

w/ his bball schedule, this is the only weekend most believe Pryor can make a visit.

Jump, Fred Jackson went (rb coach) to Pryor's school...it is confirmed he is visiting UM this coming weekend...and the powers that may be are trying to get Michigan fans to attend our sorry ass basketball game on Saturday to show Pryor some love...I personally think it's Yag..

The only reason he is coming this weekend is becasue he has basketball the weekend of Feb 1st..no reason to believe UM has a lead or anything of that nature...and I'm sure we will hear a lot of rumors of him loving his visit and UM is in the lead after this weekend yada yada...I won't believe shit till he signs the dotted line...still think he is OSU's to lose.... LSU and Oregon and others are just so he has more hats on the table to pick from when he makes his announcement.

Another tidbit is Star Jackson, a Alabama commitment, might be visiting UM as well...interesting.

Back