Talk me off these

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
Talk me off these leans:

Oklahoma/FAU under - While pretty confident I am going to play it, it looks like the total is moving upward so gonna wait ... but talk me off of it.

Illinois -15.5

Coastal Carolina +29.5

Washington/Auburn under 48.5

App St/Penn St over 54

wvu/vols over 61

Boise St -10.5

bearcats 16.5

Indiana -10.5

Virginia Tech 7.5

I am a McSorley fanboy of a sort. Think he makes everyone around him look better than they are.

I don't think it is strong enough then. PSU should be good for 27-41.. but it could be anywhere high to low there. They are a mecurial team at times scoring in the ooc games. Just my opinion.

PSU D gonna feature a lot of youth in key positions. Wouldn‘t be surprised to see some blunders, missed assignments, poor tackling, underappreciation of opponent, etc

Talk me off these leans:

Oklahoma/FAU under - While pretty confident I am going to play it, it looks like the total is moving upward so gonna wait ... but talk me off of it.

Illinois -15.5

Coastal Carolina +29.5

Washington/Auburn under 48.5

App St/Penn St over 54

wvu/vols over 61

Boise St -10.5

bearcats 16.5

Indiana -10.5

Virginia Tech 7.5

Two awesome offensive minds in Norman, zero great defenses, summer heat + no huddle should lead to many many points.

Tough to swallow giving away 5.5 points off the opening total in the UW/Auburn game. Backing DD favs on the road this early always a difficult pill to swallow for IU and Boise. Just devils advocate.

I like the under at Aubbie, so no help there.

There is something disturbing about seeing "Illinois -" no matter who they are playing.

Good luck this season, sir.

Kent State is gonna be terrible I think. i'm looking at Illinois even though its hard to lay big points w them. Kent switching systems, 1st time 31-yr-old head coach from Cuse and coordinators were at San jose St and Chattooogna...not exactly the big time. What do we expect out of Illinois though??

Two awesome offensive minds in Norman, zero great defenses, summer heat + no huddle should lead to many many points.

Tough to swallow giving away 5.5 points off the opening total in the UW/Auburn game. Backing DD favs on the road this early always a difficult pill to swallow for IU and Boise. Just devils advocate.

I love Boise State but the QB had one of his worst games against that Troy D which saw Cozart enter. So not 100% sold that Boise is that much better year over year to cover but at the same time, I think the Troy offense should be lesser in week 1 here than last year. Not a huge Harsin fan either. Peterson understood spreads and the importance of covering (particularly for alumni but also for polling/perception) and Harsin understands half of the picture books his players are using in their classes. Pretty significant talent gap though across the board in that game. But I am more concerned with that one more than Indiana FIU, where I think Indiana does what they want on offense.

Wash/Aub - I agree as a general rule about taking the bad number when it was steamed down but I also generally just like to bet off my variances .... so while I missed the boat for lack of preparation, I still think there is value, if that makes sense. But ya ... that is a lot of pts to the wind already.

As for OU-FAU, I will be on the under unless someone can really talk me out of it. I agree that we have two good offenses but I think the plays in the game will be closer to the 140 area. Oklahoma wasn't as fast paced last year as some of us might think and should be slower game 1 than later. My fear is big plays. Know kiffin will run a trick play or three. But I think FAU rides the RB's as usual. I think they almost had a 2-1 ratio last year with run to pass ... and their plays per game when facing decent run defenses compared to bad run defenses were noticeable. When the chunk plays are fewer those running plays eat clock. I don't think they can just line it up and humiliate the OU front the way they did a lot of the poor fronts in their conference. They also had a tendency to have less offensive plays in true road games .. though that is correlated to my previous stat because of defenses faced. I am just gonna wait it out on that one and then take the under and lose.

Last edited:
I was going to talk you off Boise St, but then when I took a closer look at the game, I see what you have seen and posted.
Troy lost a lot of firepower while Boise retains a lot from a good 2017 team. As for your QB, frequently a poor games serves as motivation to make up for it the next opportunity with same opponent.
May I talk you ON the game. You will likely see Boise on the Bullsheet even tho I'm not historically a Boise fan, prefer to take the points, and especially where this is away game for Boise. GL Mr retro

I was going to talk you off Boise St, but then when I took a closer look at the game, I see what you have seen and posted.
Troy lost a lot of firepower while Boise retains a lot from a good 2017 team. As for your QB, frequently a poor games serves as motivation to make up for it the next opportunity with same opponent.
May I talk you ON the game. You will likely see Boise on the Bullsheet even tho I'm not historically a Boise fan, prefer to take the points, and especially where this is away game for Boise. GL Mr retro

You may

Back