Super Bowl: Rams vs. Bengals Discussion Thread

I think the Stafford pick in the first half was a little ambitious on the 43. They could have threw the ball 8 yards to get in fg range instead of trying to go for home run. Some third downs when they were clearly driving were ambitious but then again that's who he is. It doesn't matter at the end if the day he got the w

I think the Stafford pick in the first half was a little ambitious on the 43. They could have threw the ball 8 yards to get in fg range instead of trying to go for home run. Some third downs when they were clearly driving were ambitious but then again that's who he is. It doesn't matter at the end if the day he got the w

I agree but in his defense everything kinda went to shit for the offense after obj went out and that was like right after wasn’t it? Freaking nobody was getting open, they were committing couple guys to Kupp so he was dealing with bunch of guys who never see the field!! 3rd string te and freaking that other white guy who wasn’t no Kupp! Between that and getting nothing out the running game I thought they were sunk when obj got hurt!! The defense saved them but it was a gritty ass few drives to get the fg and then the GW td drive.

Of course bungals should have never sniffed 20 points If not for the blatant offensive pi they let higgens get away with right after half, that was one the most redic non calls ever, I’m glad refs let them play but you gotta call that!! The d really only gave up 1 legit td drive the entire game and the big play to chase. I thought the holding call the made on guy coving Kupp in red zone was ticky tack as hell but the play before Henderson got blatantly held with no call. Guess the 2 shitty calls/non calls kinda balanced out.

The 2nd int he threw wasn’t a perfect throw but it def wasn’t interception worthy. That was on the garbage 4th string wr.

The 2nd int he threw wasn’t a perfect throw but it def wasn’t interception worthy. That was on the garbage 4th string wr.
Yeah, neither interception was on Fratty.

The first was a series of poor plays from just inside Bengals territory. That last play you need to have reads to get into FG territory, instead Fratty had to try and make something happen.

The second pick was on the receiver.

I agree but in his defense everything kinda went to shit for the offense after obj went out and that was like right after wasn’t it? Freaking nobody was getting open, they were committing couple guys to Kupp so he was dealing with bunch of guys who never see the field!! 3rd string te and freaking that other white guy who wasn’t no Kupp! Between that and getting nothing out the running game I thought they were sunk when obj got hurt!! The defense saved them but it was a gritty ass few drives to get the fg and then the GW td drive.

Of course bungals should have never sniffed 20 points If not for the blatant offensive pi they let higgens get away with right after half, that was one the most redic non calls ever, I’m glad refs let them play but you gotta call that!! The d really only gave up 1 legit td drive the entire game and the big play to chase. I thought the holding call the made on guy coving Kupp in red zone was ticky tack as hell but the play before Henderson got blatantly held with no call. Guess the 2 shitty calls/non calls kinda balanced out.
They had some horrible play calling on 2-3 drives in a row with great field position. At least two of those should have ended in FG attempts.

Yeah, neither interception was on Fratty.

The first was a series of poor plays from just inside Bengals territory. That last play you need to have reads to get into FG territory, instead Fratty had to try and make something happen.

The second pick was on the receiver.

I understand it nice to run the ball but I thought Mcvey was making huge mistake every damn drive wasting a play or 2 trying to run then only giving Stafford one chance with bunch of backup wrs to get the 1st down. At some point ya gotta just say “fuck it we can’t run” and stop wasting downs on it! I was way off with Akers props, I never believed cincy d would totally shut the run game down like that!! Where was that all year when they were bottom 5 epa against run? I understood it vs titans as they had no respect for tannenhill so they could put 8-9 guys in box to stop Henry. Raiders certainly had monster holes to run thru, game script just didn’t allow them to stick with it.

They had some horrible play calling on 2-3 drives in a row with great field position. At least two of those should have ended in FG attempts.

Beat me to my long post basically saying same thing, lol. Kept getting it near midfield and Mcvey kept insisting on trying to run the ball which was getting them nowhere but behind the chains!!

I can’t believe cincy fans/backers really have the balls to imply refs beat them! They got a free td handed to them!! Lol

As i said I agree the holding on last drive on 3rd down was ticky tack but on 2nd down Henderson was damn near tackled trying to make his cut!! Even if we say that call was weak it still didn’t give rams a td like cincy got on worst non-call!

Rams defense totally dominated. They essentially allowed 10 points if ya discount the garbage play to higgens out of half! Then of course 3 on the following int. Anyone think cincy might have made a huge tactical error getting in Donald’s face after he pushed burrow out of bounds? Before that he was a non factor, after that he took the game over! Lol. He might have anyways and think rams started scheming better to get him 1 on 1 matchups but he was awful quite up to that point and a freaking animal from that point forward!! Lol

Of course obj tore his knee, don’t think we need to wait for mri, it better be torn! Lol.

Assuming he gets healthy before next year rams offense is gonna be even better with obj, woods back, and Kupp!! Plus another year in system for Stafford and playing together with everyone.

Rams are deserving champs.

They won yesterday with a poor coaching effort on offense.

His gameplans in Super Bowls have not been good.

The decision making on several plays/calls from mid 2Q till early 4th would have cost them the game if the defense hasn't taken over the last 20 mins of the game.

I've never been a McVey hater, at all, but some stuff yesterday was pretty disappointing.

With that being said, Rams are champs!
Interesting. Ill have to look at the game on TV to see what I missed. 4th and 1 decision to go for it at their on 30? and calling a power sweep to Kupp was bad coaching? The play calling to win the Super Bowl minus OBJ and Higbee, not to mention not having Woods, is bad coaching? Are we reacting only to when a play doesn’t work as opposed to the majority of plays that work? McVay has been absolutely masterful in preparing his team for late heroic comebacks. He’s the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl and at age 36 he's been to 2 of them. I sound like a broken record but we had 13 straight losing seasons prior to his arrival. We haven’t had a losing season in McVays 5 seasons. 2 out of 5 seasons he’s gotten his team to the Super Bowl. Kyle Shanahan wont reach McVays win total of 55 for 2 more seasons if he’s successful. By that time McVay could easily be at 80 wins.
Come on guys! You’re criticizing a very successful coach, if he equals his success the next 5 years he’s easily in the Hall of Fame.

He wasted a huge amount of first downs with running plays. He stuck with the RB off a season long injury who avg 2 yds per carry over the guy who was putting up 4.5 yds per carry the last two months of the reg season.

He won because he was finally forced into throwing the ball and some fantastic adjustments by the DC.

He gets the credit for the scheme. He gets credit for how he uses CK and for Stafford pulling it all together enough to win. None of this changes his playcalling and in game deficiencies.

He wasted a huge amount of first downs with running plays. He stuck with the RB off a season long injury who avg 2 yds per carry over the guy who was putting up 4.5 yds per carry the last two months of the reg season.

He won because he was finally forced into throwing the ball and some fantastic adjustments by the DC.

He gets the credit for the scheme. He gets credit for how he uses CK and for Stafford pulling it all together enough to win. None of this changes his playcalling and in game deficiencies.
Bingo

Back