Super Bowl: Rams vs. Bengals Discussion Thread

trying to find a prop that no one will win this game on super bowl sunday, but nothing available. i'm thinking they will each be trying to lose at their best capacity, and an earthquake or something will occur that shuts the game down. it just seems nearly impossible to me that one of these franchises will be hoisting a lombardi trophy.
Rams win the West, beat Brady and the 9ers and it’s difficult to see them winning? Is everyone a Rams hater?

NUMBER 1 Worse Wife OVER Stafford...

“my husband cannot fucking throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time.”

tom-brady-mohawk-derby.jpg

I don’t bet or keep up with the nfl like I did in the past. I’m not going to overthink this , it’s rams for me. Burrow is certainly special and I won’t be surprised at all if he gets to fire up another cigar, but I’m rolling with the rams D to be the difference versus the cincy OL. The crystal ball says rams 27-21. I think we all hope it’s like the rest of the playoffs have been regardless of who we pick.

Rams win the West, beat Brady and the 9ers and it’s difficult to see them winning? Is everyone a Rams hater?
This game, yes. Rooting for the Rams in this one is like preferring fake double D's to a nice pair of natural C's. Not a fan of silicone.

i'm glad that they figured out a way to finish the whiners this weekend...however, the lambs, foolcons, and aints are all forever responsible for acting as a red carpet over basically 3 decades that the whiners got to stomp on right to the nfc championship. the fact that they're making a couple random super bowl appearances over the past handful of years doesn't absolve them of their history of loserdom. all 3 of those franchises should have been contracted by the league long ago.

Already made my plays on this

As much as horrible McV coached, Rams were lucky to win the game. But they also were playing the best D in the playoffs so far. They all got 2 weeks to prepare now, so not going to use the last couple games to make my decision.

Rams will get to Burrow, and you do have the best WR on your side. The vets on this team, Donald & Miller on D want that ring

Cincy has definitely surprised everyone but for them to come back against a KC team was even more surprising and got to give them credit for not giving up!

Played
Rams-4 for 15 units
Rams-4/Over49.5 for 10 units

Score prediction
Rams 31
Bengals 23
Add Weddle to that list. How that dude has been retired for two years and has actually helped that secondary is beyond me. Now he has two more weeks to get acclimated. He made a big stop on that last 49er drive. I expect him to have an impact at some point in the SB.

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Add Weddle to that list. How that dude has been retired for two years and has actually helped that secondary is beyond me. Now he has two more weeks to get acclimated. He made a big stop on that last 49er drive. I expect him to have an impact at some point in the SB.
Can tell he's just a freak that was waiting to get the shot to drill someone

Not sure I've seen someone channel getting cut as well as he has

At the moment, Kupp anytime TD, 1Q under and Rams to win TOP.

I honestly havnt looked at td scorers. I’ve glanced at some yardage and seen prices for the qb td passes, no td scorers tho so thought I’d take a stab before I go look. I’m gonna go with -135/-145 but could see it tad higher.

I honestly havnt looked at td scorers. I’ve glanced at some yardage and seen prices for the qb td passes, no td scorers tho so thought I’d take a stab before I go look. I’m gonna go with -135/-145 but could see it tad higher.

Holy shit, you know I didn’t cheat, -190! Lol!!For a wide receiver! Obviously it well freaking earned/deserved, he has scored at least 1 td in 8 their last 9 games! Tough to argue with that success and he still cheaper than Stafford ov 1.5 td passes (-225).

-120 at Caesars. Reasonable price to me and Rams have been dominating TOP in the playoffs.

Yea for sure. I expected you to say higher than that. Never bet that prop so I have to look closer but just top my head def agree. I havnt seen it yet but looking for rams win 1st half and game. Cincy seems to give away 1st halves and Mcvey don’t lose when his team takes a lead into half!!!

KUPP/OBJ/Chase/Mixon anytime pays+2000

I'm playing it just because I hit last week. Waaaay tougher to do in just one game.

Haven't gone through this thread yet but has anyone brought up Cincy run D? Looking at these playoff games Jacobs 6.4 ypc, they stuffed up Henry but Foreman ripped off a big run. McKinnon 5.4/CEH 6

I think this could be a big Cam day assuming he's a full go. haven't looked at a number yet but I'd assume it's low...

KUPP/OBJ/Chase/Mixon anytime pays+2000

I'm playing it just because I hit last week. Waaaay tougher to do in just one game.

Haven't gone through this thread yet but has anyone brought up Cincy run D? Looking at these playoff games Jacobs 6.4 ypc, they stuffed up Henry but Foreman ripped off a big run. McKinnon 5.4/CEH 6

I think this could be a big Cam day assuming he's a full go. haven't looked at a number yet but I'd assume it's low...

They stuffed Henry but they were straight selling out to stop the run that game, luckily for them the clown OC for titans continued running right into 8-9 man fronts like a jackass!! Obviously there no chance they can dedicate close to those SB
NBC numbers to worrying bout rams run game.

Akers number up to 63.5, if i was confident he get 75% the snaps I think over be pretty strong, dunno how banged up he is and it was only 13-10 split far as rush attempts with Sony in nfc championship game. That said his legs should still be plenty fresh, 2 weeks to get ready gotta figure he be fired up to go out there and make shit happen, hopefully he holds into the rock!!

do we expect Mixon to be able to run the ball against the rams d? Is mixon under rushing attempts or rushing yards worth anything?

Made a thread about a potential bet over in general discussion. Would love to hear thoughts on this and what the catch is. Just seems too good to be true…

I lost too much money betting against Burrow in college. Made a bunch of it back this playoffs, think I'll ride with him here too

I lost too much money betting against Burrow in college. Made a bunch of it back this playoffs, think I'll ride with him here too

Wish I woulda thought bout it that way, lol. I continue losing more and more each week. Luckily the only 2 playoff games I missed been against him, just sucks they been my biggest 2 bets!! It ain’t really bout him, I’ve learned to respect his awesomeness, it that fucking Oline and knowing I never seen a team who gets whipped at LOS ever win a damn SB. So if he beats me again I’ll be eating spam and Ramon noodles for a month but so be it, teams have handed them games. Rams not doing that and this the best dline they seen yet!!

If we all being honest would anyone say bungals have outplayed and won the last 2 games?

I’m curious ppl thoughts on this, titans had that game won in-spite of tannenhill being garbage and the play calling being the most uninspired trash I ever seen on last 2 drives with a chance to win a tied game!

Kc inexplicably refuses to take points before the half that would have all but put the game away then mahomes folded like a cheap tent in 2nd half. Had to be 2-3 times the defense could have all but ended the game when they had free shot to sack Burrow and couldn’t manage to bring him down! They even win the ot coin toss which I been told is totally unfair cause the team who wins toss wins! Even tho it cost me a bunch I was almost glad to see that disproved!

Even the garbage ass raiders out gained them! In yards and yards per play. Matter fact they been out gained in total yards and bested in yards per play in all 3 playoff games!!

Am I seeing these games wrong? I went back and watched replays after I had calmed down so I believe I was being fair with my assessment. I have no problem admitting when I take a loss I deserved to lose, honestly I rather be flat wrong than lose plays I believe should have won! Those way easier for me to write off and move on, it happens to all of us! Bad beats happen, I wouldn’t qualify either as that per-say. Better team lost in the last 2 I think is a perfectly fair statement.

My .02 fwiw -

This present set-up reminds me of the 98 playoffs where clearly the best two teams in the Championship round were the Vikings and Broncos, but the former suffered a horrible loss to an inferior opponent after (1) developing a big lead, (2) making a bad decision just before halftime, then (3) going on to lose in OT (cue the twilight zone music). The subsequent SB itself was no contest when the team truly lucky to be there got thumped by the team that wasn't. I expect history to repeat (except the final score won't be as emphatic if my take holds since in 98 the Broncos had a QB backing up a SB win the year before. Stafford doesn't have such confidence behind him, which you'd imagine automatically makes for a closer contest). More generally speaking, I've seen it so often across many sports that when the playoff bracket before the final event is littered with dog results, the final turns out to be one bridge too far for the legitimate dog involved and the fave rolls. Fair to say that the Rams are a legit fave here.

My .02 fwiw -

This present set-up reminds me of the 98 playoffs where clearly the best two teams in the Championship round were the Vikings and Broncos, but the former suffered a horrible loss to an inferior opponent after (1) developing a big lead, (2) making a bad decision just before halftime, then (3) going on to lose in OT (cue the twilight zone music). The subsequent SB itself was no contest when the team truly lucky to be there got thumped by the team that wasn't. I expect history to repeat (except the final score won't be as emphatic if my take holds since in 98 the Broncos had a QB backing up a SB win the year before. Stafford doesn't have such confidence behind him, which you'd imagine automatically makes for a closer contest). More generally speaking, I've seen it so often across many sports that when the playoff bracket before the final event is littered with dog results, the final turns out to be one bridge too far for the legitimate dog involved and the fave rolls. Fair to say that the Rams are a legit fave here.
Great post.

The Dirty Birds! That was a fun team.

Damn shame we got denied a Broncos/Vikings SB that year. I remember a MNF game from that season between the Vikings and heavily favoured Packers team. Crazy electric upset.

Damn shame we got denied a Broncos/Vikings SB that year. I remember a MNF game from that season between the Vikings and heavily favoured Packers team. Crazy electric upset.

That was the Cullpepper qb’ed team with Carter and moss right? They had really good rb too, guy who retired early but can’t remember his name. They were something like 15-1 that season correct? I was def bummed when they lost, that was one the least memorable SB’s I can barely recall. Lol

That was the Cullpepper qb’ed team with Carter and moss right? They had really good rb too, guy who retired early but can’t remember his name. They were something like 15-1 that season correct? I was def bummed when they lost, that was one the least memorable SB’s I can barely recall. Lol
Robert Smith, he was smart to get out too. Not sure if he's still doing tv or not but he was very good at it.

Only missed FG of the year for Anderson, terrible loss and all I know about that SB...think it's the only time in my life I won a square in one of those things

Robert Smith, he was smart to get out too. Not sure if he's still doing tv or not but he was very good at it.

Only missed FG of the year for Anderson, terrible loss and all I know about that SB...think it's the only time in my life I won a square in one of those things

I remembered bout 2 min after I posted I couldn’t. Lol. Don’t think I’ve ever won a square. The few times I’ve had good numbers we get goofy ass scores, rest the time I get goofy numbers and 7-0-3 all win! Luck isn’t exactly my thing.

Back