Sunday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
are the wheels falling off for kc a bit? it was understandable losing 3 of 4 to yanks then 2 of 3 to dodgers but they have now dropped 4 of last 5 vs oakland and rangers. around beginning of june they were freaking 2nd or 3rd in runs scored in entire mlb which was shocking but they have now slid down to 9th pretty quickly and have scored 3 or less in 5 of last 6. their ops never really lined up with the runs so no shock it balancing out but still think they a decent team, happily i passed gm2 after taking a little hit gm1 of series where i still blame the manager!! prob silly since they only managed 2 runs but they held the lead until imo prematurely pulling singer before the 6th in which point it didn't take any time at all for them to fall way behind, that what happens when you take one your better starters out for some middle relief bum when he could have easily pitched the 6th! in that spot you can get a guy warming up but i can't imagine why you would t have one your better starters open the 6th? he had thrown 89 pitches to that point but they were fairly low stress and 89 pitches? cmon, you let your ace go out for another inning at that count unless he tells you he doesn't have it or something don't look right.. anyways, enough crying over spilled baseballs.

far as this game goes again it a tempting price on kc. especially with old man scherzer seeing his 1st action since the playoffs maybe? hard to imagine him being sharp is a high percentage proposition is it? Marsh ain't the easiest pitcher to figure out, quite frankly he a total pain in the ass!! his last 2 starts say it all, he just got shelled for 7 runs in 3 innings vs the freaking A's, the start before that he totally shut down the yankees for 7 innings of shutout ball!!! figure that one out!! he has dominated a very good o's lineup twice in a short amount of time yet he has been creamed by the mets, the white sox, seattle!! a bunch of crappy ass offenses!! so you tell me what he gonna look like next? rangers are the defending WS champs, he is coming off a terrible outing but that hasn't really translated into bounce back starts with any consistency. your guess as good as mine what the fuck he will pitch like?!?!!! im
not gonna sit here and lie like i have any idea, lol. all that said isn't the unknown of both these pitchers a reasonable case for line to be closer to a coin flip?? as i always say when im volume betting baseball there nothing i love more than plus money coin flips!!! ill flip quarters with anyone right now if i get +120 when i win, you get even money when you win! we can do this all night!!! lol. this feels like a coin flip far as how other these pitchers perform but gun to head i have slightly more trust marah will do well, not confident bout that just a hunch.

jones punched out 8 rays today. skenes can at least match that, dunno what number be tho? could be 7.5, could be 8.5? either way i hate those high k totals. i'd think bout 7.5 w low juice, lol.

can tigers double up the 3 runs they have scored this series against the vaunted cws pitching staff?? they didnt even have to face crochet! pathetic. prob can't double up the 3 runs but can they match it at least? i think olson can prob hold cws to 1-2 runs thru 6 innings.

balty literally never gets swept, like ever! i think the only time last 2 years was the playoff series (really bad time for it! lol). i might be off but i think that is correct, it crazy. and they want to give me plus money for them to avoid the sweep? i'll take that!

we should finally see a low scoring game in the cards series. not sure i'm ready to say under tho, cards swinging some pretty hot bats other than arenado who looks like a shell, we complaining bout goldy and he having a all star year compared to arenado!! 6 stinking home runs? today when the entire te was teeing off he was doing nothing, in one at bat he got into great hitters count several times, both times he got fastballs right down the heart the plate and this clown just stared at them! i've never really liked this guy, he complained in colorado he wanted to play for a winner, so they trade him to us for a bag of balls, at that time cards were still considered a winning franchise, since he been here it has gotten worse every year, then he starts running his mouth bout wanting to play for a winner. has this prick ever considered maybe he can't be in the middle a championship lineup??!? he seems to be a big part the equation for teams not winning!!! please trade him already but don't think any teams with a chance to win looking for a 3rd baseman on pace for 15 home runs and a oh so gaudy .260 avg!! lmfao

who will score more runs in their series, tigers or marlins? both have 3 right now, i expect t marlins will once again get shit on by seattle starter as miller been fantastic. dunno who pitching for chisox but it apparently doesn't matter, starting to think i could go 5 scoreless innings vs tigers!!

jones punched out 8 rays today. skenes can at least match that, dunno what number be tho? could be 7.5, could be 8.5? either way i hate those high k totals. i'd think bout 7.5 w low juice, lol.
Great to see u back. Don't do much baseball but been on the skenes bandwagon. Sf comeback few weeks ago killed me. Anyway don't think he's gone past 6 innings so far. Hopefully they let him go longer at some point.

Great to see u back. Don't do much baseball but been on the skenes bandwagon. Sf comeback few weeks ago killed me. Anyway don't think he's gone past 6 innings so far. Hopefully they let him go longer at some point.

only time i caught any his starts was here in stl, cards fans were giving him standing ovations! wasnt sure i felt bout that? i appreciate good baseball but still want my team to blow up opposing pitcher! us cards fans a little too nice trying to portray this image of being the best, most cordial, most everything fans! sometimes ya gotta be the bad boys and intimidate a little!! i don't like every player says this their favorite place to come play! sometimes ya need to throw a battery at their heads like philly!!! nobody comfy standing in outfield or bullpen in philly!! here we send food down, and not thru the air like philly would!! lol

i can't imagine they gonna let him go past 6 much while 80% his pitches are 99+, think id be tad cautious this year also!!

Yeah agree. F5 probably way to go

far as betting pit? i'd be more likely to play under or look at his k's. i havnt capped it yet but Civale can be sneaky good, i could see him holding pirates down and matching inning for inning not allowing any runs!!! Civale anothsr one these guys who have totally shit on balty, yanks, some the best lineups, then he gives up 4-5 to chizox, mets, or some other crappy team!! lot of inconsistency w pitchers this year!!

far as betting pit? i'd be more likely to play under or look at his k's. i havnt capped it yet but Civale can be sneaky good, i could see him holding pirates down and matching inning for inning not allowing any runs!!! Civale anothsr one these guys who have totally shit on balty, yanks, some the best lineups, then he gives up 4-5 to chizox, mets, or some other crappy team!! lot of inconsistency w pitchers this year!!
Been betting pitt but I think under ff has been good too. At least for other team. Guy is fucking stud. I hate CWS but watched lsu with him and bet it. I wonder in today's world if he'll ever throw a complete game in his career. Probably only if has no hitter going.

Been betting pitt but I think under ff has been good too. At least for other team. Guy is fucking stud. I hate CWS but watched lsu with him and bet it. I wonder in today's world if he'll ever throw a complete game in his career. Probably only if has no hitter going.

he so young tough to say. even with the world we living in still seems like we have one or 2 most years don't we? i think id be more likely to be on him getting 20j's! that more impressive to me anyways! lot less common than no hitter, i'm sure he will throw a complete game at some point. just not at 21, prob not 22-23-24 either. think after his control up and he signs a new contract! lol

i feel stupid for not playing ohtani ov 3.5 h/r/rbi, never seen that high, it was plus money and he cashed it before 5th!! lol. appears he likes putting show on for halo's. no reason not to go back again 2'arro!! i was afraid they walk him but with freddy, smith, hernandez behind him he will score on more walks then he doesn't!!

it's a shame the nats don't play in coors. the way they play, don't strike out, make contact at a high clip, with all the room in the outfield they are built perfect for coors, i think they would seriously be one the highest scoring teams in the league if they played at coors. of course could say that bout a lot of teams but prob not many w offenses as bad as nats on paper!

they not babying him to much, he throwing 95-100 most his outings, in 5 his 7 starts he has went 6+. that better than most pitchers these days! im down with ov 7.5 k's, rays some free swingers with a whole bunch of cats hitting below the mendoza line. he could fan 10 easy!

they not babying him to much, he throwing 95-100 most his outings, in 5 his 7 starts he has went 6+. that better than most pitchers these days! im down with ov 7.5 k's, rays some free swingers with a whole bunch of cats hitting below the mendoza line. he could fan 10 easy!
I'm old. Not a fan now. They talk launch angle, exit velocity, spin rate. No one hits 300 anymore. No one Pitches complete game. I get it. But no thanks.

I'm old. Not a fan now. They talk launch angle, exit velocity, spin rate. No one hits 300 anymore. No one Pitches complete game. I get it. But no thanks.

i feel ya, i'm a bit torn. some i like, a lot i don't. i'll never get over the idea it ok to strike out and swing for fences all the damn time regardless situation or count! it kills me nobody can or will do any situational hitting anymore, 85% of guys rather strike out instead of tie game w man on 3rd less than 2 outs cause they know in long run helping team win that game won't up their dollars like the few extra bombs they might hit taking that approach! don't get me started on how they incapable and not incentivized to play the game the right way!

far as the aveerages im sure few more guys could hit .300 if they wernt always hunting bombs but at same time the fact starting pitchers pretty much expected to go 6 to be considered a great outing then guys see 3 different pitchers with straight up 100mph heat and redic filthy sliders it much harder to hit than in the golden ages! even with watered down starting pitching all the filth coming out of pens didn't happen back in the days of a top 10 list of averages all above .300, that not happening when ya only get 2-3 at bats vs a starter throwing max effort, then 2 more at bats vs 2 different guys that have insane velo and a slider that snaps like nothing guys saw in the 80's outside maybe 1 or 2 guys!!! so in that sense it kinda makes sense to swing away cause the avg ain't gonna be a easy thing to maintain.

in general i feel ya, there a lot that annoys me, nothing more than teams inability to move over or plate a runner w less than 2 outs! often a run that ties or takes lead!! that shit kills ne, choke up and hit ball
the opposite way for christ sakes, help your team win a game!! unfortunately WAR diesnt reward such things so when contracts up they can't point to being a winning player cause some flawed analytic has deemed those plays "luck" and not contributing to wins!!! it kinda like everything else in life, analytics and some the new ways of thinking are great tools that should add to our abilities but like everything in life ppl fail to understand the world is grey not black and white. if they used these things as tools/guides they and the product be much better off than they getting treaty like the be all end all final word on how to play baseball!!! nothing new, we love taking great ideals and going way to far and all a sudden they ruining more than enhancing as they should!!

red sox going with a pen game, god i hate those. what i do like is Lodolo vs red sox 32% k rate vs lefties!! 7.5 a strong number but def think he could fan close to double digits as long he on and can pitch 6+ innings.

how ya not play cle at this point? not only are they smoking and even tho im not sure mckenzie is all the way right, the jays are a fucking dumpster fire. they havnt been able to hit for 2 years and now they look kinda like a defeated group of bums. kikuchi always been a pain in my ass, he started year incredibly well but he been getting hit lately and guardians as a team have a strong ops vs lhp, they take good at bats which can send kikuchi off the rails at any point if you don't chase and his command wavers. really cheap price for what has proven to be the considerably better team. not sure why there jays money out there unless it just facing mckenzie which i kinda get, just don't think id do so with jays.

ok so mckenzie walk rate is fuvking gross he also a fly ball pitcher with a strong wind blowing out in cle today. thought i could hit a under with 2 good pitchers in this matchup yesterday, that didn't work, seems really easy to say this should go over rather easily, lol. maybe better to leave pens out of it and just attack the starters? cle pen is nails so even if they get down i think they win this game.

another seattle pitcher gonna make mince meat of fish? think i like miller k's oppposed to the fish ff un1.5 again, how many times can that cash? lol

king ov 5.5 k's has some appeal also, he mowed down milw way back at beginning the year with 10 k's!

it been awhile since i leaned to so many over k props, for most part they have made those tougher imo but today i like skenes, lodolo, miller, king, i liked sonny gray but for some reason they took pitchers off board in that game??

oh they took it off to raise sonny from 5.5 to 6.5, lol. assholes. at plus money tho i still wanna play. he been filthy during day and at busch this year.

we should finally get a low scoring game in giants/cards but man it low for way cards been hitting, i don't trust the pens to play under 7. ff un3.5 i don't hate, i don't think both these guys will give up 2 runs so should come in under 3.5..

i'll feel like a dummy if this goes under today but i can't get away from ff over in cleveland, just gotta think one these pitchers if not both could get knocked around, both have propensity to walk guys, neither ground ball pitchers and wind pushing out pretty strong, mckenzie walking and giving up bombs like a totally different dude that ain't the same this year. cle has good numbers vs lefties and kikuchi hasn't been as good lately; dude has good enough stuff to ruin any play but he inconsistent as hell, started this season as consistent i ever seen him but that has fallen back off. i gotta play ov 4.5.

think i mentioned this but ill blindly play o's as dogs to avoid a sweep since this team just don't get swept! im sure it will happen at some point, could easily be today but won't hurt my feelings to lose that play cause it been a winning move for the last 2 years!!

it been awhile since i leaned to so many over k props, for most part they have made those tougher imo but today i like skenes, lodolo, miller, king, i liked sonny gray but for some reason they took pitchers off board in that game??
Weird Gray and pitchers back up now

i feel ya, i'm a bit torn. some i like, a lot i don't. i'll never get over the idea it ok to strike out and swing for fences all the damn time regardless situation or count! it kills me nobody can or will do any situational hitting anymore, 85% of guys rather strike out instead of tie game w man on 3rd less than 2 outs cause they know in long run helping team win that game won't up their dollars like the few extra bombs they might hit taking that approach! don't get me started on how they incapable and not incentivized to play the game the right way!

far as the aveerages im sure few more guys could hit .300 if they wernt always hunting bombs but at same time the fact starting pitchers pretty much expected to go 6 to be considered a great outing then guys see 3 different pitchers with straight up 100mph heat and redic filthy sliders it much harder to hit than in the golden ages! even with watered down starting pitching all the filth coming out of pens didn't happen back in the days of a top 10 list of averages all above .300, that not happening when ya only get 2-3 at bats vs a starter throwing max effort, then 2 more at bats vs 2 different guys that have insane velo and a slider that snaps like nothing guys saw in the 80's outside maybe 1 or 2 guys!!! so in that sense it kinda makes sense to swing away cause the avg ain't gonna be a easy thing to maintain.

in general i feel ya, there a lot that annoys me, nothing more than teams inability to move over or plate a runner w less than 2 outs! often a run that ties or takes lead!! that shit kills ne, choke up and hit ball
the opposite way for christ sakes, help your team win a game!! unfortunately WAR diesnt reward such things so when contracts up they can't point to being a winning player cause some flawed analytic has deemed those plays "luck" and not contributing to wins!!! it kinda like everything else in life, analytics and some the new ways of thinking are great tools that should add to our abilities but like everything in life ppl fail to understand the world is grey not black and white. if they used these things as tools/guides they and the product be much better off than they getting treaty like the be all end all final word on how to play baseball!!! nothing new, we love taking great ideals and going way to far and all a sudden they ruining more than enhancing as they should!!
Yeah I love W2W rants on these types of things. I'm 62 and remember as a kid they had 1 game on tv per week on Saturday on NBC with curt gowdy and Tony kubak. Lot has changed. But listening today it's like a fucking science project. Honestly you'd have to pay me to watch a regular season game now. I'd watch Skenes but Pittsburgh is never on espn game of week of course. I love going to a game but not tv. Anyway played Pittsburgh ff and fg. Gl

Yeah I love W2W rants on these types of things. I'm 62 and remember as a kid they had 1 game on tv per week on Saturday on NBC with curt gowdy and Tony kubak. Lot has changed. But listening today it's like a fucking science project. Honestly you'd have to pay me to watch a regular season game now. I'd watch Skenes but Pittsburgh is never on espn game of week of course. I love going to a game but not tv. Anyway played Pittsburgh ff and fg. Gl

i listen to a lot on radio and when i'm at home not busy follow a pitch tracker to see what guys throwing. i'm a huge dork!

mckenzie started out doing what he done all year, walking guys and giving up bombs! shame he didn't walk both guys before the dinger but good start to the ff over anyways!

played the giants/cards ff u3.5 +105 also. sorry had stuff to do after made plays but pretty much posted something bout all i played. all the pitcher k props i brought up! balty, kc, the ff ov in cle, ff under in stl. that bout jist of it.

holy shit marlins found a guy they could hit. shit miller ain't gonna be around long enough to punch out 6

tigers also! talk bout a couple teams desperate for runs, can't score all week then hang big 1st inning numbers. coulda used that from detroit yesterday!!

wow. i just saw brewers score and thought no way king was gonna punch out 6. turns out he punched out every out he got 1st 2 innings and cashed despite getting creamed!

germany scores in extra time to save my ass with both teams to score bet and juiced ass ov 1.5 i had to finish parlay! soccer so intense!

think the rockies game today was a perfect shining example of these clowns having no clue how to play the game to win! wasn't watching (as i said i rarely watch baseball), might have been listening on radio in car or watching scoreboard but anyways rockies down 2-1 in 9th, the 1st 2 guy reach to make it 1st and 2md no outs. what does the next batter do? i'll give ya 1 guess and if you say bunt or just choke up to move the runners over you would be wrong!! you got it, mfer swings for a 3 run bomb when 2 runs wins the game! does 2 strikes deter him at all? nope!! next batter hits a deep fly out to center field that would have easily tied the game had the 1st prick did his job and moved the runners over instead of taking a selfish prick at bat ending in a strike out!!! tied the game and had the go ahead runner on 3rd w 2outs, at that point who knows, maybe a wild pitch, maybe a infield single, any of them win the game. instead the 1st 2 guys that reached in bottom of 9th are left standing on the same bases they started on at beginning the inning. just sorry! im sure some analytic clown will tell me how the 3rd hitter of the inning striking out was the right play cause moving runners over and giving away a out somehow hurts your chances!!! this what happens when robots take over, lol.

i had no stake in the outcome, just hate seeing baseball get ruined. i swear a little league team woulda given themselves a better chance to win that game!

assad ov 4.5 k's and 15.5 outs

don't love how low assad swinging strike rate is but the proof in the pudding, 4 of last 5 games he has fanned 7+, every game the last 2 months he didn't reach 5 k's he had 4 in them all, so to get this with virtually no juice i'll take it as he another one these guys that clearly has a pitch or 2 hitters see and think it a balll and get caught staring at a strike as while his swinging strike rate is crazy low his strikes taken rate is way up there! muts been winning this month but their offense sure don't scare me. i like assad to pitch into the 6th at the very least and expect he can fan at least 1 per inning.

man, o's sure got their asses kicked all weekend. are the stros gonna make a move? if you can sweep the o's out scoring them 27-11 over 3 games you outta be able to beat anyone! what really sucked other than losing the o's play they had a 33% boost for 2 home run props today, small limits but with something like that i'm not betting a lot anyhow, lol. so against a lefty even tho it was a very good one in valdez and in that park where left field has that crazy short wall if righties pull it i had to go w balry players and stacking 2nd and 3rd hitters made sense considering mountcastle smashed lhp and santander hits everyone! normally i'd play total bases or h/r/rbi, dont play many home run props unless feeling really froggy and wouldn't ya know it, mountcastle gets 2 hits, santander just 1, the only bomb comes from righty further down the lineup :(

Back