Sunday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 16 Sun 2023

Last edited:
I might have been content with getting the 1st 2 wins this series on jays but with money coming in on tampa they gonna get me back in Toronto. There no way jays should be plus money at home! Just a added bonus like the other jays starters Manoah hasn’t been his best yet this year, that is sure to change and most likely will right here in a game im sure jays would love to sweep and send tampa away with a little bit of perspective bout wjo the beast in the east really are!! Keep betting rays everyone cause jays getting plus money here a gift.

If you really didn’t want to bet Toronto I’d think Ff under here makes more sense than tampa, imo McClanahan will have to be nails for rays to take this game, I don’t see the offense getting much off manoah.

I’d be pretty shocked if we didn’t get another low scoring game in Miami. Both teams have struggled scoring vs far lessor pitchers than the 2 studs going Sunday. It could easily be 0-0 or 1-0 thru the 1st 5. Every time alcontera got knocked around last year he came back w a pretty dominant start and this one sets up well for him to go deep as I don’t think snakes see a ton of pitches, he should get plenty of quick outs so I don’t see a problem betting Ff or full game under here. Alcontera out total is 20.5 and I think he pretty likely to go at least 7, that the prop I’d look at for him, on the other side Gallen ov 5.5 k’s is probably a good look.. this feels like such a good pitching duel we could probably get cute with some kind of same game parlay with team total unders, under game, alcontera outs, galken k’s, I like galken ov 17.5 outs also but that already carrying a high price tag, any kind of mix of those I think has a good chance of cashing at nice odds. If you wanted to add more just grab any bats that have a 1.5 base total and play under but that getting a little too cute for me.

Fish have hardly struck out at all this series, I guess you could look at that a couple ways but I tend to think they ripe to fan 7-10x vs Gallen if he on his game.

Another awesome pitchers duel in the bronx with Lopez vs cole. If you wanted to play one of their k props I think Lopez ov 6.5 is probably a bit better just cause cole sitting at 7.5 which tough for me to play. Not sure I play either pitcher prop as im very tempted to play twins at this price. Both these pitchers been great, I think these teams are pretty even overall, twins pen been fantastic, i think the game is a total coin flip and twins are getting +140? That just doesn’t make sense, either team could win this game the price dictates the play way more than a strong lean to who actually wins this one.

We gonna have a strong wind blowing out in stl but don’t let that fool you, hitting gonna be no fun here 2marro as it gonna be 30-40 degrees colder than it been for these teams the rest this series. 40s and 20mph wind no fun when you been playing in 80s, normally it be a automatic under lean for me and I certainly lean that way but you gotta worry bout pitchers comfort levels also. The stiff breeze blowing out could actually help both guys as you often see more bite on curve balls when they get thrown into a decent wind. A weapon both pitchers have in their bags.

I been a big Mitch keller fan so seeing him miss bats at a clip I think more in line with his stuff this year is satisfying but unfortunately it has his k prop up at 5.5 when last year I got to play him over 3.5 and 4.5 a bunch. I was screaming for cards to trade for this guy last year but of course they went the cheap rental vet route. Maybe pirates wernt willing to trade him, I wouldn’t have been, I think he one these guys that had he been on a smart pitching organization woulda had more success sooner but could be figuring it out on his own in his age 27 season which a pretty common time for a lot of great pitchers over the years. He is more refined than the other pirates pitchers who been working cardinals all weekend, I just can’t see them all a sudden figuring things out here against keller. The price is right to back him here, make no mistake he better than Mikolas. I do expect Mikolas to keep cards in game tho, him going 6 innings guving up 3 runs is probably a good bet. That gonna have pirates in this game once again imo. They been on a every other day win pattern tho, cards losing 3 of 4 here would sting so we should see their best effort. Problem is the price says it gotta be pirates or nothing, I lean keller k prop I just don’t like having to pay the steeper price with him than in past and I think this a under type game if you looking to play the total.

If you csnt get excited bout this card baseball ain’t for you, so many great pitching matchups around the league. Man, I have at least 4-5 k props I like quite a bit. I should prob go bet them now before they move but gonna try and get a little sleep, it’s all cold and raining, I don’t wanna go outside yet, lol. Hopefully it don’t cost me too much juice waiting a few hours.

Thinking I might prefer jays Ff, there no way Romano gonna be available to close today, he has pitched both games this series, threw a lot of pitches yesterday and finished the game taking a liner off the ribs. I like the manoah vs rays matchup, like the fact like the other jays pitchers before him we really havnt seen him at his best yet, I do kinda get the feeling jays sweep here but the 1st 5 makes more sense. I expect manoah to be really good and think jays can run into 1 or 2 McClanahan pitches but this has the makings of a close game when the starters leave and rays should be more rested in the back end as they havnt had a game this series where starter left w lead and they brought in the hammers out of pen. Could even be a good game to live bet if you like the rays, let jays get a early lead and snag them getting over +200.

Cmon you guys, you know I don’t mind talking to myself but it tougher for me to carry the discussion without some freaking discussion! It don’t have to be anything earth shattering, just some thoughts on games you like and little on why! Or any kind of question bout a game! Helps me get my focus on a singular task so don’t be shy, I promise I will be nice even if I don’t like the play!!

God damn. Seattle is -300? I’m big Castillo fan, I do think seattle a playoff team and rox on road are pretty garbage, but 3-1 in a april game? Why even do that? If you want to lay 3-1 on something safe but the nuggets or bucks ml today In nba playoffs! Those are 2 big money lines you can bet today and chase game 2 if either loses and have a insanely high win percentage compared to any baseball game!!

If you really didn’t want to bet Toronto I’d think Ff under here makes more sense than tampa, imo McClanahan will have to be nails for rays to take this game, I don’t see the offense getting much off manoah.

manoah great history vs TB, just terrifying 11:11 K/BB so far this year and tough ump

manoah great history vs TB, just terrifying 11:11 K/BB so far this year and tough ump

Im a pretty big fan of trusting guys of his caliber after a not great start to season, i have kinda got away from umps which isn’t smart, I should at least make sure it not one the handful I know to be very bad or good for a pitcher but in general I lm not sure it worth the extra work? Who is behind plate in Toronto? Do I need to be worried he gets squeezed? I love his ov 5.5 k’s at nice plus money, already bet it actually so I hope you don’t say one the truly awful small zone guys! Lol

i think marquez and he's one of the worst for pitchers

Alfonso Marquez: “tight strikezone will not call low strikes” -Tim Kurkjian, “haven’t seen any belt-high strikes tonight” -SF color Mike Krukow rvR (DET @ SF 2022)

i think marquez and he's one of the worst for pitchers

Alfonso Marquez: “tight strikezone will not call low strikes” -Tim Kurkjian, “haven’t seen any belt-high strikes tonight” -SF color Mike Krukow rvR (DET @ SF 2022)

Ugh. That kinda bums me out, my bed made tho, I just can’t see him continuing with that kinda k:bb ratio. Ever since seeing Kluber fan 7 In 4 innings at tampa before start this series I’ve been looking at jays pitchers, they all got better pure stuff than Kluber at this point, hell I even bet Kikuchi over k’s and I have a terrible time with that guy, hit easy! I expect manoah good enough the ump isn’t gonna faze him, I think rays lineup has more regression coming far as what they all hit to begin this year. Im still ok w Manoah k’s at +140, I might not like it quite as much now but that price still would play it. Thanks for the heads up tho.

if Manoah throws strikes we win, i'll bet he will too

Im little concerned bout ya’ll pen today. I’d think this be a 1-2 run game when starters leave and rays havnt been in position to throw their best relievers this series where as im sure jays closet getting day off, not sure bout anyone else?

Romano won't pitch but i'm not playing full unders anyway

There a lot of games the Ff under tempting today, Ton of great pitching matchups! The only full game under I like is In Miami, I like 1st 5 also but im fine with game cause I Expect alcontera will go 7+ Today and Gallen will lock it down for at least 6 innings.

There a lot of games the Ff under tempting today, Ton of great pitching matchups! The only full game under I like is In Miami, I like 1st 5 also but im fine with game cause I Expect alcontera will go 7+ Today and Gallen will lock it down for at least 6 innings.

you do have me wondering if 5 innings u3 +101 is worth more than 9 innings u7 -125 though

3/5 = .6 (1.01) = 6.06
7/9 = .77 (1/1.25) = 6.16

but is the .1 worth the guaranteed ghost runners

Sorry so late, here card so far:,

Jays Ff +.5
Arz/Mia Ff un 3.5
Twins ml
Pirates ml
Pit/stl Ff u4.5

3 team parlay +230

Twins +2.5/pirates+2.5/arz&mia un7.5

Manoah ov 5.5 k’s
Gallen ov 5.5 k’s
Webb ov 5.5 k’s
Keller ov 5,5 k’s
Alcontera ov 20.5 outs

Think that everything for now, as if that not enough. The weather is terrible for baseball is stl cold and on and off light rain, not good for hitting but it does concern me a bit for pitchers and their grips also.

I didn’t notice there was rain in Detroit. That sucks, hopefully it just the delayed start and it don’t bother webb. They start then stop that bet be toast

Maniah hits 1st guy now 2-0. Im getting tad worried

Unreal, that what happens when you put guys on base without making them work, then a bloop kills you

Ain’t that a bitch, I didn’t think manoah k’s had a chance, basically needed to punch out the side in the 5th, got the 1st 2 and then rays get thrown out trying to steal second so didn’t get a chance for the 6th k. I assume he getting yanked, I can’t see jays sending him out for the 6th at 88 pitches. I certainly wouldn’t blame them. Shame he not on cardinals, our manger keeps sending a guy out until he puts guys all over the bases!!

Well never mind. My score app acting stupid. Manoah hasn’t got out the 5th but fat fucj gomna get pulled before he gets thru it. Prob now that he cost me the under he get yanked. No more betting fat fucks for me, you a professional athlete, try hitting the gym every once in awhile fat boy.

Well never mind. My score app acting stupid. Manoah hasn’t got out the 5th but fat fucj gomna get pulled before he gets thru it. Prob now that he cost me the under he get yanked. No more betting fat fucks for me, you a professional athlete, try hitting the gym every once in awhile fat boy.
caught stealing got overturned quickly so it must have been obvious. Never got another out

Of course no runs til the 9th when it went over so at least we would have lost both ways. Not betting some guy to figure out his arm angle without seeing it first ever again, he was terrible (yet somehow we nearly won)

caught stealing got overturned quickly so it must have been obvious. Never got another out

Of course no runs til the 9th when it went over so at least we would have lost both ways. Not betting some guy to figure out his arm angle without seeing it first ever again, he was terrible (yet somehow we nearly won)

I’ve had success all this week playing guys who had struggled 1st 2-3 starts, almost all of them came out and had really good starts. Berrios and Kikuchi just in this series. I trust manoah more than both of them, I thought for sure he get it right. Of course it took all of 2 batters to see he got real issues, mechanical or otherwise. Maybe a few less stops at in and out burger and little more work on his craft!

Back