Sunday Discussion Thread

okay let's do this

alcantara: really hard to back MIA offense right now, but maybe CIN lays off a bit with their lineup going for the sweep and Gutierrez finally gets punished for his flyball tendencies? Probably not enough and an awesome outing from Alcantara clearly can't win games 0-0

brault: refuse to believe in Waino but PIT is terrible and StL looks like they're still believing

gibson: incredible collapse by PHI last night though Nola nearly finished it himself. Don't think i'm afraid to back Kennedy as he entered in a tough spot and anything with Weathers starting looks like a good option. I see Stammen starting now, didn't open well last time they tried this so why not get back on the wagon and at least give Weathers a deficit to play with so he's not on the hook again. SD in freefall thanks to a ton of early season bullpen usage seems like a nice spot to back PHI who has cooled off since taking the NL East lead

lopezr: not sure what to expect from Archer and at best he won't be going deep. TB best pen in the world and really not a good idea to fade them at home, but they won't go 81-0 so there are some times we need to. Lopez two pitch pitcher now and he's always had a good arm, can't imagine he pitches too deep either. Loss yesterday should mean everybody is available for CHW out of the pen and Kimbrel 2 Hendriks can compete with anybody then Kopech means we need only 5-6 from Lopez and the gang

hernandezc: road sweep opportunity for KC and it's amazing to me that CHC continues to be favored against a team who did not sell its soul to rebuild this season. Hernandez is more pitch-to-contact despite a ton of velocity, but if he can ever get Ks it's today. Not sure Barlow is available after working b2b, but there's some depth in that bullpen even if they're not great. Still better than CHC and maybe Mills tosses a QS but that may be a deficit when he leaves

webbL: tough blown save yesterday for OAK after hanging on to a lead for the whole game. That's a crusher, as is Trivino having to work b3b yesterday which he hadn't before all season. Likely played a role in the bs, can't see him available today and Diekman probably has to close by necessity despite working b2b. Petit also b2b, could be a Sergio Romo day while SF has everybody and extremely underrated Webb who had hype entering the year and has delivered despite some arm trouble. Maybe Montas dominates, but i'll pay to see it

okay let's do this

alcantara: really hard to back MIA offense right now, but maybe CIN lays off a bit with their lineup going for the sweep and Gutierrez finally gets punished for his flyball tendencies? Probably not enough and an awesome outing from Alcantara clearly can't win games 0-0

brault: refuse to believe in Waino but PIT is terrible and StL looks like they're still believing

gibson: incredible collapse by PHI last night though Nola nearly finished it himself. Don't think i'm afraid to back Kennedy as he entered in a tough spot and anything with Weathers starting looks like a good option. I see Stammen starting now, didn't open well last time they tried this so why not get back on the wagon and at least give Weathers a deficit to play with so he's not on the hook again. SD in freefall thanks to a ton of early season bullpen usage seems like a nice spot to back PHI who has cooled off since taking the NL East lead

lopezr: not sure what to expect from Archer and at best he won't be going deep. TB best pen in the world and really not a good idea to fade them at home, but they won't go 81-0 so there are some times we need to. Lopez two pitch pitcher now and he's always had a good arm, can't imagine he pitches too deep either. Loss yesterday should mean everybody is available for CHW out of the pen and Kimbrel 2 Hendriks can compete with anybody then Kopech means we need only 5-6 from Lopez and the gang

hernandezc: road sweep opportunity for KC and it's amazing to me that CHC continues to be favored against a team who did not sell its soul to rebuild this season. Hernandez is more pitch-to-contact despite a ton of velocity, but if he can ever get Ks it's today. Not sure Barlow is available after working b2b, but there's some depth in that bullpen even if they're not great. Still better than CHC and maybe Mills tosses a QS but that may be a deficit when he leaves

webbL: tough blown save yesterday for OAK after hanging on to a lead for the whole game. That's a crusher, as is Trivino having to work b3b yesterday which he hadn't before all season. Likely played a role in the bs, can't see him available today and Diekman probably has to close by necessity despite working b2b. Petit also b2b, could be a Sergio Romo day while SF has everybody and extremely underrated Webb who had hype entering the year and has delivered despite some arm trouble. Maybe Montas dominates, but i'll pay to see it
initially leaned the U in STL.

Back