Sunday Discussion Thread

two 6-1 leads coughed up this week, unpleased

toussaint (ATL unloaded on Velasquez today but not sure that means they'll suddenly hit again. Tooki hard to trust but off a good start and got called up after two dominant AAA efforts. Nola has been struggling, not much bullpen behind him)
grayjon (he's been good, LAD has been bad in the bullpen and Josiah Gray got lit up by SF in relief despite good K total)
german (perez as a favorite is a bad idea even against AAA lineup with a pen we can't trust)
skubal (please god don't let me get swept with DET in this series)
GONZALES (irvin is nothing special but SEA used a ton of pen tonight)
lynn (woodruff has not been the same guy in the past month, Lynn is incredible and can get through the weak MIL lineup then the CHW pen is decent to hold onto a lead. Problem is if he doesn't leave with the lead then MIL won't give it back)

Thoughts on your Jays today?
Waiting to play them live, if I can get a better price than the -120/1.80. Like the changes to the batting order. I'm a little worried about Ross, although he seems to be better when things are scheduled.. road games are consistent for him...They hit Hill well when he was in Tampa.

Waiting to play them live, if I can get a better price than the -120/1.80. Like the changes to the batting order. I'm a little worried about Ross, although he seems to be better when things are scheduled.. road games are consistent for him...They hit Hill well when he was in Tampa.
lead off double. Springer loves the 1 spot even though it really only factors in the first AB...

Wow. I got absolutely crushed emotionally today just want u guys to know lol. I had yanks ml And rl. Phils ml and rl. Nats ml. Stay safe out there Fellas Ima go have a nice cry

Wow. I got absolutely crushed emotionally today just want u guys to know lol. I had yanks ml And rl. Phils ml and rl. Nats ml. Stay safe out there Fellas Ima go have a nice cry
i lost two games with 6-1 leads this week and got swept betting the Tigers each game in KC, i'll join

We Will start a support group for blown saves and console eachother. I counted back my losses from blown save/holds since the no sticky rule change. 38!!! Lmao. I play bout 5-6 sides a day. Insane clip. only had 3 come back wins in that same span but That’s show biz baby

live hedging is me solution so far but only live might be a better route rn. Can make a killing this year live betting the team losing before they hit in the 8th

i don't consider blown saves bad luck anymore since they happen so often, we have to cap bullpens or we're not doing our job

Hard part with dogs is you need them to win the SP battle or at least hang around and then either hold on or win the late game and that's what makes this game tough

i don't consider blown saves bad luck anymore since they happen so often, we have to cap bullpens or we're not doing our job

Hard part with dogs is you need them to win the SP battle or at least hang around and then either hold on or win the late game and that's what makes this game tough
Yup. They’re expected at this point lol but I still have diff experience. I’m always on dogs that win the sp matchup and are leading until 8th or 9th. Like nats and yanks today. It’s the holding on that gets me.

and for sure. We discussed bp’s a bit other day. numbers gotta be taken with a grain of salt at this point bc the New rules. hard to get the same grip and movement/spin rate on the ball.
it’s improbable to lose 2 games with a 5 run lead in a short span.

The blown saves are part of the game. But to have 2 5 run leads blown in a two day span or w

Why not just do first-half bets? Stick to capping starting pitchers and leave the random bullpen elements out of an already risky business

Oh yea sometimes I do but it doesn’t always Work out like that. sixth inning is the most pivotal. (And why a qs is 6 ip). Nats today scored 3 in the sixth to go ahead. Woulda lost ff anyway.
I take ff in AL games but not usually NL Unless it’s a hitting pitcher like wade Miley etc. next year nl will have dh they say so changes things again.

But yea g you’re right on the other. in hindsight I shoulda taken yanks ff instead of fg cuz the bp struggles but Sox blew similar lead in 8th Saturday so wasn’t worried lol oops

Why not just do first-half bets? Stick to capping starting pitchers and leave the random bullpen elements out of an already risky business
it's a different bet, juice is worse and bullpens have become my secret sauce to overcome a SP disadvantage since i almost always play the dog

Back