Summer Transfer News, Rumors and Myths

not good enough for Arsenal

He might become a great coach. Or maybe not.

I liked the idea of Arteta becoming the new coach but in hindsight it would have been absolutely crazy to appoint someone with 0 experience who played with half the team two years ago.

Can't work with the Real Madrid superstars if you're not an experienced coach or a highly respected figure like Zidane

Poch said he’d listen to Madrid because it’s madrid, but he’s happy at tottenham

Bayern interested in in Fekir

Lazio apparently want 130 million for SMS

Andre Silva might be on his way to Monaco

Blanc is prime canidadate for Chelsea job

Atletico Madrid have agreed to terms to bring in Sidibe for 25 milion

West Ham in talks to bring in Pastore

Sky says Madrid pulled out of their interest in poch, he had a press conference at book signing and said hes committed too and happy at spurs

Did anyone watch the us game today, spurs fans online are saying ccv was bad, i cant find any longform highlights

Yeah , he was pretty poor especially playing out of back.

The greatest part of that game though was Ireland time wasting in stoppage time in a friendly

Pep:

4 years at Barca
3 years at Bayern
2 years at Man City so far, 2 more years sounds good. 3 tops.

And he would like to coach Spain specifically because he said a national team should have a coach from the home country

A french journalist from canal plus said last night Fekir and his agent are set to be in Liverpool this Sunday to finalize some details. If all goes well the medical will take place after.

Not sure how reliable this guy is, let's find out soon

Sky says Madrid pulled out of their interest in poch, he had a press conference at book signing and said hes committed too and happy at spurs

Honestly seems like the smart move to stay at Tottenham for now. He helped build this team, moving to new stadium soon, would feel like unfinished business if he left without winning a trophy. Also he seems to genuinely love Tottenham.

He's still young for a coach so will have other opportunities at the Real Madrid job most likely. And not the best of times to come now after Zidane anyway.

Real Madrid fans want Klopp

Umtitti signs a new deal that will keep him until 2023 at Barcelona

Man U ready to pay 50 million for Sessegnon

Fekirs agent says that Liverpool is interested, but nothing is agreed to and they are looking for other clubs to come in

Guy wants a CL title and to be the face of Man City

History can go out the door

He has a CL

He left bayern without one too

Id be surprised if he is there in 3 years, shocked if hes there by next WC

Honestly seems like the smart move to stay at Tottenham for now. He helped build this team, moving to new stadium soon, would feel like unfinished business if he left without winning a trophy. Also he seems to genuinely love Tottenham.

He's still young for a coach so will have other opportunities at the Real Madrid job most likely. And not the best of times to come now after Zidane anyway.

Ya, very loyal, with saying hed never manage barca or arsenal because hes loyal to the clubs he feels tied to

The new stadium and being in london a huge draw

Plus building a team seems very important to him, which is rare in the PL now, fergie and wenger definitely did it but right now poch is one of the only ones in england with a real focus on bringing through the youth team, chelsea never will, United did the last few years but under mourinho thats ended for now, emery unknown for now, klopp so far only really TAA, city for all the talk about their amazing youth setup and academy dont, they bring in backup rightbacks for striker prices

For madrid its just not possible, most end up leaving before getting a chance or for more playing time. Like you say the madrid job will be there again, and in a better situation than now.

The spine of that squad has maybe 1 season left with ramos, modric, and ronaldo as top top level players

Fred to United seems to be official. Pretty decent early piece of business there. It seems the later things go on in transfer season, the more outrageous the prices get for sought after players.

Leroy Sane left off German WC squad a bit of a head scratcher to me. TBH a number of things Low does seem out of the ordinary, but he gets results at the highest level so I guess have to trust his judgment.

Where Sessegnon ends up is going to be a very big story I think here in the transfer window. Price on him should be very high. And while I'd love to see him on United, I just think that's a move they are going to make with Mou in charge. I don't think there is any way he'll have faith throwing out such a young player. Would make perfect sense at Liverpool or Spurs - could see a nice bidding war there ensue.

I am gonna be extremely curious to see how the premier league window closing prior to the season starting will effect the market before and after

I really think every league needs to switch to this model

Fred to United seems to be official. Pretty decent early piece of business there. It seems the later things go on in transfer season, the more outrageous the prices get for sought after players.

Leroy Sane left off German WC squad a bit of a head scratcher to me. TBH a number of things Low does seem out of the ordinary, but he gets results at the highest level so I guess have to trust his judgment.

Where Sessegnon ends up is going to be a very big story I think here in the transfer window. Price on him should be very high. And while I'd love to see him on United, I just think that's a move they are going to make with Mou in charge. I don't think there is any way he'll have faith throwing out such a young player. Would make perfect sense at Liverpool or Spurs - could see a nice bidding war there ensue.

Germany really trusts his players results in the squad vs club teams

Its why podolski kept getting picked, even when he wasnt a great club player late in his career, but crushed it for germany

Brandt has done better for the NT, including recent games

Sane from what i read was a disaster vs austria

For madrid its just not possible, most end up leaving before getting a chance or for more playing time. Like you say the madrid job will be there again, and in a better situation than now.

The spine of that squad has maybe 1 season left with ramos, modric, and ronaldo as top top level players

Zidane has been praised going out on top but he left Real in a shit situation to find a new coach at the last minute if indeed he only told Perez he wanted to quit last week and not before.

Looks like Pochettino and Klopp were the favorite candidates, but assuming they can't leave due to their contracts or/and because they don't want, what's left for Madrid?

Allegri? Conte? Both still are under contract as well.
Guti? Has trained the u19 or u20 at Madrid but lacking experience
Wenger? Why not give him the team for one or 2 years before Real Madrid can go with another coach they couldn't tempt away this summer

Id be surprised if united got sessegnon, jose doesnt like young players he has said it to the media a bunch this year

I think he stays at fulham another year since their promotion

The talk seems to be him pulling a bale and moving up to left wing soon anyway, would be smart of fulham to do that this year, 19 year old english left wing with his potential worth way more than a lb

I think united end up with sandro or telles

Zidane has been praised going out on top but he left Real in a shit situation to find a new coach at the last minute if indeed he only told Perez he wanted to quit last week and not before.

Looks like Pochettino and Klopp were the favorite candidates, but assuming they can't leave due to their contracts or/and because they don't want, what's left for Madrid?

Allegri? Conte? Both still are under contract as well.
Guti? Has trained the u19 or u20 at Madrid but lacking experience
Wenger? Why not give him the team for one or 2 years before Real Madrid can go with another coach they couldn't tempt away this summer

Wenger makes a ton of sense imo

Guti too, if they decide to start blooding some youth, but its just a bad time for it

Interesting next few years ahead fof them

If vinicius comes in and can contribute right away that would help things a lot

But hes not even 18 till next month, he probably gets loaned out unless he goes off in preseason

And Wenger said Perez asked him to join Real a few years ago but he declined so they went with Ancelotti/Zidane. It would make sense due to the circumstances and I'd love to see what Wenger could do with a better team. Anyway I can't wait to see who the new coach will be and what kind of changes they make to the team during the summer

Fred such a big signing for united

Him and matic in front of the back 4 gonna give pogba so much more freedom, fred can do true box to box as well

If they do add toby as well, plus a new lb, thats a really strong team

Ddg was so far ahead of the other keepers last year, i think something like he allowed 14 goals less than xg, and the next keeper was at 3 less than xg. But if the defensive cover improves just gonna lead to more offense

Man Utd could be strong next season. Them or Liverpool for the 2nd best team as of now in my mind.

Speaking of Liverpool, it turns out Karius got concussed during the CL, it could certainly explain his mistakes as if his mind and concentration were elsewhere.

Ramos the true MVP of the final!!!

Latest news is we are unlikely to sign him. Majority of fans freaked out about this today they don't want him.

www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6450491/marouane-fellaini-arsenal-manchester-united-offer-snub/

New Arsenal boss Unai Emery once tried to sign Fellaini for Paris St.Germain and is currently in the market for a tall central midfield player.

But the former Everton favourite is not regarded as an Arsenal player by many influential figures at the club and his salary expectations of £120,000-a-week plus a signing-on fee are seen as way too high.

But it's good to see they are looking at all options. With Wenger we used to sign one guy early and then nothing until August and we were always unprepared to start the season... And then panic buys at the end of the window or hope to get lucky like when we got Ozil.

Sokratis should be official soon his father confirmed it. Apparently Man Utd were interested in him as well.

What about Tottenham? I haven't read a lot of rumors about them. Are they going to be restricted in transfers due to the stadium move?

Nope, should get a big injection of cash now that its done with the naming rights as well

Plus the tier 1 guys say part of poch new contract was he was given 100m plus money from sales to spend

Can you tell who are the tier 1 guys for Tottenham? For Arsenal now we know only Ornstein can be trusted after the Arteta fiasco.

I've read Tottenham will have to play the first 3 games away due to the stadium, I wonder if Arsenal will have to play them at home. Usually Arsenal play at home while Spurs play away and vice versa. Same with Liverpool and Everton.

Yeah I've read the article, a marca journalist said last week there were disagreements between Perez and Zidane about what to do in the transfer window this summer with the team.

This new report says Zidane wanted to get Hazard while Perez did not want him. And Perez wanted De Gea while Zidane had faith in Navas.

I think it's what happened or else Zidane would have informed Perez about his plans to quit some time ago and so Real would have had a guy ready to replace Zidane

Can you tell who are the tier 1 guys for Tottenham? For Arsenal now we know only Ornstein can be trusted after the Arteta fiasco.

I've read Tottenham will have to play the first 3 games away due to the stadium, I wonder if Arsenal will have to play them at home. Usually Arsenal play at home while Spurs play away and vice versa. Same with Liverpool and Everton.

Ben pearce
Lyall Thomas
Dan kilpatrick

All very solid, a few others in the past have come and gone. Hytner was tier 1 for awhile but was clearly being fed info by sherwood, same with duncan castles and AVB.

Anything poch related through ballague is tier 1 at this point i would think

ive seen the Wembley thing, seems likely, but dont they just have to split days?

I.e both teams cant have home games on the same day, but could do sat and sunday

Ben pearce
Lyall Thomas
Dan kilpatrick

All very solid, a few others in the past have come and gone. Hytner was tier 1 for awhile but was clearly being fed info by sherwood, same with duncan castles and AVB.

Anything poch related through ballague is tier 1 at this point i would think

ive seen the Wembley thing, seems likely, but dont they just have to split days?

I.e both teams cant have home games on the same day, but could do sat and sunday

Thanks! By the way the new stadium looks great, much better than what the new Chelsea stadium is supposed to look like.

And I thought the same about Tottenham and Arsenal playing on different days but:

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43210300
The Spurs situation is complicated by the fact they are 'paired' with Arsenal to ensure the north London rivals are not given home games in the same round of fixtures.

Any move would also require the agreement of the club Spurs are scheduled to face.

In addition, the Premier League would not allow Spurs to play home matches at more than one venue in a season, so there is no option to use Wembley as a short-term measure.

United grabbed Diogo Dalot from Porto. Be honest, don't know shit about him except what I've read. Young, can play both full back positions which is good considering their first choice players are both 33 years old ffs. Mou hates Luke Shaw which is disappointing. Darmian never fit in here and more than likely will need to be shipped out.
I have to believe before the season starts, at the least, Darmian, Blind, and Fellaini will be gone. Really think they need to lose a few more players - I'd ship off Herrera because even though he's one of their better players I think he'll fetch a good return. Mata gone wouldn't be the worst thing in the world too - he simply isn't part of a starting rotation. I'd prefer to see more playing time for younger players such as McTominay who will probably be lost in the shuffle with the Fred signing, although he could fill in for Matic just as well.
Going to still be a glut up top for playing time.
Still could use a CB
Should be a solid squad once again here, but something is saying this team is still nowhere near as good as City, RM, BM, even PSG and Juve

Looks like Fekir to Liverpool is a done deal here. Seems him and Lemar been rumored to be leaving France for years now. Price tag was pretty high on Fekir, but I think it's some pretty solid business and have plenty leftover from Coutinho transfer.
Hearing Shaqiri also heading to Liverpool, but I'm not nearly as fond of that move. Shaqiri to me seems the perfect mid-table/lower tier team player where he looks good in spurts because he is one of the best one's on the squad. Move him to a big club and well, I don't see him shining nearly as bright. Kind of like a certain lanky, ugly feller currently at United. Price will probably be a lot lower, but I think a different team would be a better fit, Southampton seems a good landing spot for him tbh.

Atletico in talks with Monaco for Lemar.

Regarding Shaqiri, I do agree with dylan a mid table team seems like the perfect fit for him. It's true he didn't impress at Bayern with Guardiola and at Inter.

But with Heynckes at Bayern he was very good when he got the chance to play. With Klopp I could see him doing well. And not too expensive. If it doesn't work they can easily move him to another team in England.

Lequipe says a deal for Fekir to Liverpool should be completed soon. Medical supposed to be tomorrow before leaving for the world cup.

Keita, Fabinho, Fekir this summer

Back