Summer of Lebron, 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
T

tipyerbartender1

Think he'll bolt? Not a lot around him, sounds familiar.

wade comment about it being a good run or something to that effect seems like it may be over. I think it is more likely he stays in Miami and people come to him. Wonder if Wade is done in Miami. Riley is a smart guy, he can't possibly think Wade is worth signing , can he?

wait, I guess Wade would have to "opt" out or he id do 20 mill each of the next two seasons, is tha tcorrect?

Not sure about Wade's contract, but he looks pretty fried. Lebron has a player option. Cleveland looks like a pretty soft landing spot. Hope it happens.

He doesn't really like Cleveland, but he never sold that castle of his in Bath, Ohio. (I got some pool heaters in there. Out of warranty, thank God.)

the not a lot around him makes me wanna puke....

Wade misses some time in the regular season, and Bron is forced to carry a little more of the workload..booo hooo...

Wade was a beast in the ECF and the earlier rounds...SAS just crushed Miami, Lebron included really...

Bosh is ahead of his time...in a decade, all the big men will be able to shoot like him...for now, he's an all-star level scoring threat...

allen's getting old sure... lewis has one foot in the grave...

Anderson is decent, Cole is improving, they have role players that went under utilized when they could've helped defensively like battier and haslem...

But nothing around James?

Miami has the best team in the eastern conference right now...since when is it not enough to have almost a guaranteed ticket to the NBA finals every year. You're bound to win close to half...which is exactly how many Miami's won...

If he bolted, I'd lose all respect for him...

for people saying he doesn't have much around him? He's got more help then 90% of the teams in the eastern conference. And then of course, he has HIM lol

Who's got a better shot at four more finals in the east the next four years? Lebron and the geriatrics or Lebron and the fresh young fellows on the north coast? Plus, Lebron can draft the player of his choice and pick a coach.

i dont see him staying in Miami, he got his rings now try to do it somewhere else. don't know where, just not Miami.

the not a lot around him makes me wanna puke....

Wade misses some time in the regular season, and Bron is forced to carry a little more of the workload..booo hooo...
He was a shell of himself when he came back

Wade was a beast in the ECF and the earlier rounds...SAS just crushed Miami, Lebron included really...
he was a beast vs. lower competition, equal or better he was bad, some times very bad

Bosh is ahead of his time...in a decade, all the big men will be able to shoot like him...for now, he's an all-star level scoring threat...
Bosh was exposed in the finals, same as Wade, beat up on bad competition.

allen's getting old sure... lewis has one foot in the grave...
both guys old rely on 1 thing have no lateral movement on defense,

Anderson is decent, Cole is improving, they have role players that went under utilized when they could've helped defensively like battier and haslem...
Anderson exposed as well,,, couldnt cover anyone and couldnt move,, 5 fouls in 6 minutes.. Cole doesnt give you anything, improving? from suck to bad?

But nothing around James?
All you have listed is a bunch of names and 4 of them have the potential to retire.

Miami has the best team in the eastern conference right now...since when is it not enough to have almost a guaranteed ticket to the NBA finals every year. You're bound to win close to half...which is exactly how many Miami's won...

Why? He is a free agent, could for him to have the choice of where he wants to go and who he wants to play for and with. He took a pay cut to go ther, he won them 2 champioships, he doesnt owe them or anyone else anything, common people need to stop thinking that athletes "owe them or their team or their city" anything.. it is a business!! Owners do it to players all the time.

for people saying he doesn't have much around him? He's got more help then 90% of the teams in the eastern conference. And then of course, he has HIM lol[/QUOTE
so what if it is more than 90%, still not good enough to not get your ass kicked on national TV. You are giving WAY too much value to his teammates..

Sixers have the cap space, young talent, great coach, great facilities, great fan base, etc. We welcome anyone who wants to come

Lebron to Philly would be quite a curveball, lol.

I really think he comes back to Cleveland. I don't think he can resist the story and the adoration. He's a narcissist.

Clearly the NBA wants him back in Cleveland by fixing the draft two straight years giving the Cavs the #1 overall pick. The probability of that happening has to be close to infinite.

Why? He is a free agent, could for him to have the choice of where he wants to go and who he wants to play for and with. He took a pay cut to go ther, he won them 2 champioships, he doesnt owe them or anyone else anything, common people need to stop thinking that athletes "owe them or their team or their city" anything.. it is a business!! Owners do it to players all the time.

Bosh isn't even the first or best big man to be able to shoot, that would probably be Dirk...and Dirk is 5x better than Bosh.

You would lose respect for him now, if he went back to Cleveland? You didn't lose respect for him when he left Cleveland to go to Miami and take the 'easy road' to a championship? That's odd. (both of these comments were written by Ivy, so I'm not talking to you CashMan)

But one thing you did say CashMan (in red) is that LeBron is a free agent....he is not a free agent, he would be opting out of his final year in order to become one. I agree with everything else you said, but LeBron isn't a free agent this year, he will be next year (unless he opts out, of course). I especially agree with the "athletes not owing anyone anything" sentiment, but if LeBron owed anyone, it would be the city of Cleveland for the way in which he left there to begin with.

Agree with this as well. LeBron is going back to Cleveland. All fans from other teams can try and sell us on what they bring to the table that LeBron may like, but if LeBron is leaving Miami (he probably is imo, and many others), he's going back to Cleveland, not to some other team.

Clearly the NBA wants him back in Cleveland by fixing the draft two straight years giving the Cavs the #1 overall pick. The probability of that happening has to be close to infinite.

Not quite infinite, but the odds of them winning the lottery 4 times in 12 years (which is what they have done) were 1 in 10,000...or .012%.

The odds of them winning the lottery 3 times in 4 years (which they also just did) were 1 in 13,467....or .007%.

The Orlando Magic won the lottery twice in a row back in 1992 and 1993, landing Shaq and the Chris Webber, who they traded for Penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would lose respect for him bolting again in search of a better opportunity for a title.

Anderson didn't get exposed, he was playing hurt...
The Spurs have had Miami's number for two seasons now...their preparation is second to none. That doesn't mean that the Heat aren't a good team. Yes, it does matter that James has a better team around him then 90% of the teams in the east. When the best player on the planet has a B level supporting cast, he competes for championships. Miami competed for a championship this season. They played badly, SAS wanted it more, it was SAS's time. They don't need to do a single thing to compete next season. They can be 4 wins from another championship w/o changing a thing.
Bosh didn't get exposed either, he simply played bad.

Watch film, work hard, prepare for next season. Conserve Wade throughout the regular season...and you're right back. I find it absurd that the measure of success is a championship or bust with the level of competition out there. The Spurs almost broke a record for shooting % in a finals.

Bron teamed up with stars to get rings and he did...if he cries for Melo and gets him I'll be sick...if he bolts and goes back to Cleveland with young stars and leaves his older stars that will lose any chance to compete again behind...i'll be sick.

The Spurs got ran off the court from OKC in 2012...you know what they did while every other team in the nba was scrambling? They ran it back with no changes. They lost in horrific fashion in 2013, what'd Pop do? Said run it back again, picked up a lil euro help that proved useful when 4 of his starters went down in the regular season but essentially just prepared for war again. THAT'S the measure of champions. THAT'S what I respect. Nothing less

I find it absurd that the measure of success is a championship or bust with the level of competition out there. The Spurs almost broke a record for shooting % in a finals.

LeBron answered that already:
LeBron James said on Saturday that he would rather miss the playoffs than not win a championship.
"I'd rather get my two months off," James said. People will probably take this the wrong way just because LeBron is such a lightning rod for the trolls, but it's not an outlandish statement at all. Winning a title obviously means a lot to him and losing is never easy after a lengthy run in the postseason. His ankle is fine and he'll look to extend his season on Sunday. Jun 14 - 6:08 PM

I don't know what will he do, but I do think he needs to leave Miami.

LeBron proven two things in this Finals:
1) He is only human and his body can betray him
2) He needs above average squad to beat WC Finalist

Unless miracle happens, Wade will get a year older and decline further.
Bosh is a good player, but has huge ups and downs.

Huslem, Lewis, Allen, Battier (Oden) - done or at least very very close to that.

Players like Cole and Chalmers you can get on any team. Don't know how to rate Birdman, but he wasn't anywhere near his level of play from last year's Finals and he doesn't get any younger either.

Unless Wade takes a huge paycut (and maybe Bosh a small one as well), all Miami can do to replace the players that will retire are the mid level and minimum salaries (correct me if I'm wrong) - so Heat really has zero advantage when it comes to building a good team around him.

LeBron doesn't get any younger. He can't carry all the load by himself. He was team's best scorer, rebounder and assister in 3 out of the 5 games in the Finals (best scorer in all 5 games - including the one where he was injured most of the 4th). He is a super athlete, but still... his body will continue to betray him if he overuses it so much. He needs the help that will give him 2 - 3 minutes more rest each game at least imho.

Personally, I would love to see him try to prove his worth on the West Coast, against the top dogs and not being in the East, where getting to the NBA Finals is a given, but it won't happen.

I know Lebron said that but deep down...there's no way he actually thinks that. To say you'd rather play on a team that couldn't even make the post season, then win your conference championship? That was just the frustration of the moment coming out. Since Lebron's time in Miami has now included 4 Eastern Conference championships and two rings. He's played incredibly well in those seasons and had a multitude of opportunities to showcase his talents on the biggest stage. He doesn't deserve more then that, nobody does. These "super teams" are pathetic in my opinion. If they go after Melo, I'll stop watching any game they're associated with. The Spurs just showed all true NBA fans what REAL basketball is about. I still have faith in Lebron, so when all is said and done...I think he'll stay put, I'll luck out and they wont get Melo, and the Heat will just really hard, and compete for another championship again next season.

i was talking to a buddy of mine yesterday about bron and i'm not sure how the sign and trade works, but could miami pull off a sign and trade with lebron to OKC? The thought is, bron and KD could co-exist better than russ and kd can even though kd loves that kid...but you sign and trade bron to OKC for westbrook + pieces...

Atleast miami has someone to build around with Westbrook without the potential of losing bron for nothing? I'm not too familiar with the new rules, but....ibaka/bron/kd and you either you draft a PG with the deep draft for OKC (i thinkt hey have 2 picks in the first round) / hope reggie can take that leap..

Bosh isn't even the first or best big man to be able to shoot, that would probably be Dirk...and Dirk is 5x better than Bosh.

You would lose respect for him now, if he went back to Cleveland? You didn't lose respect for him when he left Cleveland to go to Miami and take the 'easy road' to a championship? That's odd. (both of these comments were written by Ivy, so I'm not talking to you CashMan)

But one thing you did say CashMan (in red) is that LeBron is a free agent....he is not a free agent, he would be opting out of his final year in order to become one. I agree with everything else you said, but LeBron isn't a free agent this year, he will be next year (unless he opts out, of course). I especially agree with the "athletes not owing anyone anything" sentiment, but if LeBron owed anyone, it would be the city of Cleveland for the way in which he left there to begin with.

I wrote this on the assumption he would opt out and become a free agent.... I also think he would sign somewhere else for less - similar to what he did with Miami. He knows where ever he goes he needs good players around him and needs that xtra money to sign them, I also think he is one of the few that really understands how much he is making in marketing dollars (not completely making up for signing for less but on that idea)

If it's Miami or Cleveland, think the pieces in place and the ones that will be in place are more attractive in Cleveland, even though the Cavs have stunk. Bigger hurdle is mending ways with Dan Gilbert, there's some animosity there.

I kind of feel like he's an old 29. If he has chasing titles in Cleveland in his head at all, he should try now. He could break down at any time.

it's a shame the knicks salary cap is such a mess. lebron in msg would outstanding.

someone (bill simmons maybe?) mentioned toronto as a good landing spot. thatd be pretty cool.

The true winners don't move around much..the ones with multiple rings..it's either miami or cleveland. Cut the rest out.

it's hard to believe bron would go back to playing for dan gilbert

Letter from Cavs owner Dan Gilbert

Updated: December 13, 2010, 2:31 PM ET
<cite class="source" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 40px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden; background: transparent;"></cite>

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert posted this letter on the team's website after LeBron James' announcement he was leaving for the Miami Heat.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank. (
:rofl::rofl:)
If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.
The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

I know Lebron said that but deep down...there's no way he actually thinks that. To say you'd rather play on a team that couldn't even make the post season, then win your conference championship? That was just the frustration of the moment coming out.

Well he didn't say he'd rather play on a team that couldn't make the post season. He said he would rather miss the playoffs then not win a title. He wasn't really saying that he would rather play on a shitty team, just that he would rather the 2 months off if he isn't going to actually win the title. It may seem like semantics, but there is a difference in what he said and what you interpreted it as imo.

I wouldnt give Wade more than the MLE. He played half the year, and when he did play he didnt play defense at all.

I wouldnt give Wade more than the MLE. He played half the year, and when he did play he didnt play defense at all.

Wade is already under contract for 2 more years though (2 yrs/$41M). Nothing Miami can do about it, it's entirely up to Wade.

is he going to hold a presser to let everyone know he's taking his talents back to Akron?

Guy's as good as back to Cleveland. Happy wife, happy life.

Or to pressure Wade and Bosh to opt out and sign lesser contracts.
wade's owed 42 over the next 2 years...that's a damn hard decision to make to forgo $xx millions to win a championship, at this point for him atleast

wade's owed 42 over the next 2 years...that's a damn hard decision to make to forgo $xx millions to win a championship, at this point for him atleast

But if Bron and Bosh opt out, it puts him on the spot to do the same...

Back