Summer of Lebron, 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter tipyerbartender1
  • Start date Start date
Sure, but that's assuming that the Lakers initially offered him what he signed for. You'd have to imagine there was a little back and forth, and that the Lakers initially tried to get him to sign a bit smaller of a contract knowing they also need to be able to surround him with legitimate talent in order to compete in the West. We will probably never know what went on behind the scenes...I would put blame on both sides in this case though...it's not all on Kobe (which I said before and was probably wrong with that assessment), but it's also not all on Lakers' management.

The story is there were no negotiations. You're right we don't know but it was so stupid I believe the lakers did it on their own. This happened while kobe was still rehabbing. He had no leverage.

The funny thing is its a 6 mil pay cut.

The huge tv deal and need to have a marketable star seems to be the reason. They overpaid no doubt..

They. Can't just tank like other franchises, though it would have probably been the better basketball move. Let him walk or offer him much less

Definitely. So many non basketball variables went into it.

I think they were afraid they'd lose him. They lost faith in the bron / melo plan and decided to make sure they wouldn't lose Kobe.

Windhorst said melo and bron wouldve come if the money was available. I pray that's total bullshit but it'll always be what if

I don't know. Maybe you're right. But in that case, don't resign Kobe.
Right now, Lakers are headed to two years of being in the worst possible place in the league. Places that not good enough to make it to the playoffs and not bad enough to get high picks.
Now we just need to hope that Kobe gets traded or injured...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Kobe, but I'm a Lakers fan first of all and I just don't get Lakers moves, especially since Kobe will just go crazy with this roster...

We will see, maybe Lakers still got some move left in them...

Hope Kobe gets injured so we can suck harder lol what are you even saying. Just relax dude. We tanked our best this past season. It's ok to root for a team to win even if there are no championship aspirations.

We need to recognize the reality of our situation. We are not going to win a ship anytime soon. The cp3 veto set this franchise back 10+ years. Between the Nash trade and Dwight leaving the basketball gods i.e. David stern raped us.

I plan on enjoying Kobe as long as he's still around.

kd is def best case scenario.

then we can bring russell home the year after lol

marc is the prize in 2015. ill take dragic as well.

just saying if he literally ran home then he run hundreds/thousands of miles cross-country and ended up at his house.

Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Yahoo Sources: Free agent Vince Carter reaches agreement on a three-year, $12M deal with the Memphis Grizzlies.

did not literally run home

just saying if he literally ran home then he run hundreds/thousands of miles cross-country and ended up at his house.

Oh Lord.

Do you say the same thing to someone when they say they need to 'run to the store' and they'll be right back. JFC.

Of course he didn't literally "run home"....he clearly would have cramped up well before he made it back to Ohio.

Oh Lord.

Do you say the same thing to someone when they say they need to 'run to the store' and they'll be right back. JFC.

Of course he didn't literally "run home"....he clearly would have cramped up well before he made it back to Ohio.

i was just fucking around with the first post, then explaining myself bc i didnt think TM got it.

anyway, i don't say I'm going to literally run to the store. literally is the key word in the meme. but again, i was just fuckin around.

its because of new tv deal, cap will go up in 2 years, so he re-ups then

Exactly.

It's probably safe to say he's not going to leave Cleveland again...or he will look really bad (even worse than the 1st time he left), after saying what he said about coming back home.

LeBron James plans to sign a two-year, $42.2 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers, giving the NBA superstar the ability to take advantage of the league's new TV deal, which is expected to increase the value of max contracts, a person familiar with details of the contract told USA TODAY Sports.
The person also said this is strictly a business decision, and James is intent on finishing his career with the Cavaliers.

Bulls pick up Gasol, his boy Mirotic is coming to play, the Bulls Front Court is sick with Noah, Gasol, Mirotic, Gibson

As an early thought as things still shake out that is my feeling. A lot of intangibles to consider moving forward though.

I know everyone says relax, but I don't like this 1-2 year deal stuff. Crazy shit happens. For the sake of argument, what if this year is tumultuous, and what if he conspires with stars again to activate super twin powers?

Anyway, glad we got him back in his prime. Time to watch NBA regular season again.

I know everyone says relax, but I don't like this 1-2 year deal stuff. Crazy shit happens. For the sake of argument, what if this year is tumultuous, and what if he conspires with stars again to activate super twin powers?

Anyway, glad we got him back in his prime. Time to watch NBA regular season again.
i think you all are pussies for taking him back after killing him

I guess you do what you gotta do huh tip?

It's a redemption song, twink. Why hold a grudge?

NBA is a distant third for me in this town, but this story is cool.

Looking at the Cavs roster I think this team will make the playoffs but it won't be pretty. Should be interesting to see how this first season goes with the new coach.

You think they'll make the playoffs?? Let's not get overly ambitious. They were five games out last year, and haven't added anything.

2008-2009 Cavs starters. Went 66-16 in a much better Eastern Conf.
Illguaskas
Ben Wallace
LeBron
Delonte West
Mo Williams

I don't know why all the ESPN guys are so hesitant to declare the Cavs the hands down team to beat in the East. Vegas seems to know it.

Who is he technically replacing? I'm a Cavs fan and I don't even know. Alonzo Gee?

Best case scenario, LeBron's Lebron, makes everyone better, Cavs stay healthy, Kyrie hits a new gear, Wiggy's good right away, Bennett isn't a dud .... = best record in the East.

Tribe's at the front of the head. A frustrating can't-catch-the-ball-can't-get-hot 47 up and 47 down.

Back