Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

no quotes in the articles

10 different stories with 10 different prices offered by Madrid (including 3 with swap deals around Di Maria and Coentrao)

it's not as though there is an immaculate source

I am up from 0% he goes to 5% he goes

but even then, if Madrid are offering a world record fee Levy should take it, grab Coentrao while he's at it, buy Lamela and either Pjanic or Eriksen, maybe Bernard too

better team and depth than with Bale in it

La Liga is turning in to a complete shambles, it's going to legitimately be Scotland mk 2 when the rest of the teams can't afford to be good

6 of the top 9 scorers in the league last year have left the country

no quotes in the articles

10 different stories with 10 different prices offered by Madrid (including 3 with swap deals around Di Maria and Coentrao)

it's not as though there is an immaculate source

I am up from 0% he goes to 5% he goes

but even then, if Madrid are offering a world record fee Levy should take it, grab Coentrao while he's at it, buy Lamela and either Pjanic or Eriksen, maybe Bernard too

better team and depth than with Bale in it

No need to waste money on Bernard, he will be a bust if he goes to Spurs. Won't suit their type of play

I think in England in general with his size it could be an issue ya

why I would much rather have Lamela who has all ready been rumored and the Baldini link to Roma should help, Bernard would be much more for 2-3 years down the road in England, whereas with Porto I think he develops a lot quicker

thought it was interesting Klopp said he talked to Kagawa this summer but he wants to prove himself at Man U

also Thiago saying Man U never contacted him is strange (and also shows how bad the papers can be)

I think in England in general with his size it could be an issue ya

why I would much rather have Lamela who has all ready been rumored and the Baldini link to Roma should help, Bernard would be much more for 2-3 years down the road in England, whereas with Porto I think he develops a lot quicker

Bernard is physical and use to it, heck in South America the jibes and cheating that goes on there is hilarious. He is just rather ummm a poacher, he works well with quick passing teams but with Spurs I just don't think he would work well. He probably will work best with Arsenal due to their more tica taca type. Besides I think Spurs really would do well with a guy with size. The pace is there, passing is there, but having one guy with muscle to boss the box and cause havoc would do wonders.

Noticed Dembele was put as a forward for the friendly against South China?

thought it was interesting Klopp said he talked to Kagawa this summer but he wants to prove himself at Man U

also Thiago saying Man U never contacted him is strange (and also shows how bad the papers can be)

there hasn't been any dramatic news this year, papers scrambling trying to find some headline and well Bale story seems to be the it thing

Bernard is physical and use to it, heck in South America the jibes and cheating that goes on there is hilarious. He is just rather ummm a poacher, he works well with quick passing teams but with Spurs I just don't think he would work well. He probably will work best with Arsenal due to their more tica taca type. Besides I think Spurs really would do well with a guy with size. The pace is there, passing is there, but having one guy with muscle to boss the box and cause havoc would do wonders.

Noticed Dembele was put as a forward for the friendly against South China?

he would play on the left, AVBs style in the 4-3-3 they will move to is what Bernard has played in the past, disagree on the physical part, it's a clear weakness and he gets around it by his speed but he's never even going to be average in the air/box, he can take a foul but that's a bare minimum

Dembele was only moved because of players missing, and also I dont think they wanted him running around the center of the park on that horrible pitch

he would play on the left, AVBs style in the 4-3-3 they will move to is what Bernard has played in the past, disagree on the physical part, it's a clear weakness and he gets around it by his speed but he's never even going to be average in the air/box, he can take a foul but that's a bare minimum

Dembele was only moved because of players missing, and also I dont think they wanted him running around the center of the park on that horrible pitch

eh of course a guy like him will run into a brick wall of the EPL CBs, but he is extremely physical for a guy his build, I mean it's not like Lennon is a big guy and as you said it his speed makes up for it, as is Mata, Silva and a lot of other wingers. I'm just saying he can handle tackles, he's been stepped on, poked, hit. That's how it is in South America, everyone knows it there's a lot of dirty players there.
again playing 4-3-3 maybe fine but the guy is a poacher he's not worth the money that people set him out to be, besides you guys already signed the better Braslian out there in Paulinho, if you were going to spend the same amount on Bernard just give it to Damiao!
Bernard's existence was helped with Atl Mineiro's Copa triumph

what can happen in 4yrs (although this is DMail)

BQVetlICEAAVJSD.png:large

HAHAHAHAHAH

from 7mil to possible 86mil now that's an investment ;)
is it me or does Southampton produce some pretty damn good youngsters

The thing is the quote

Modric publicly said his desire was to sit on the bench in Madrid

All of bales comments in the last few weeks are about next season at spurs

And avb said friday they are discussing a new contract

Marca makiny shit up again

if chelsea had anyone who would sniff their stsrting xi it would be the same

Lolol so mad

All we need to do is compare how many league titles and CL titles Chelsea has vs. Madrid in the last decade to settle this little dispute. Let me know what you come up with Andrew :hello:

And lets not even go there in comparing Chelsea's trophy shelf to the Choking Cockrels'.......

I assume you mean pre-financial doping

in which case

league titles 2-1
FA Cup 8-3
League Cup 4-2
European Titles 2-0

all for Tottenham

Why is Nash playing with Inter Milan?
Ain't he a die hard Spurs fan? I'm pretty sure he could of had a training session with them?

Spurs have to take the £85 million, right? I like Bale as much as the next guy but fuck that is a lot of money you can use on other players, especially not being in the CL this year.

Bale and CR7 with Ozil in the middle is a terrifying thought.

Spurs have to take the £85 million, right? I like Bale as much as the next guy but fuck that is a lot of money you can use on other players, especially not being in the CL this year.

Bale and CR7 with Ozil in the middle is a terrifying thought.

well the thing is selling a once in a life time type of player isn't about the money. If they keep Bale it will signal to other players and teams the the Spurs have every intention of being a CL club and will not break down to being a selling club.
To be the best you got to keep your best players.
85mil may never get you another gem like Bale. He is a game changer...other than Ronaldo and Messi, name me a player that can in an instant change the game at his will?

If he didnt want to play he would put in a request

Until that happens or he gives a quote its all bad journos with no sources

Caulker is a good signing for Cardiff

Guess avb doesnt think he will develop in to top 4 quality but for anyone else I think he can start right now

honestly if I could I would put a few coin on Bale staying at Spurs. This is the same shit Real Madrid does every freaking year. They are messing with the wrong dude in Levy, he is one stubborn mother fucker and always gets his way. So unless Real wants to cough up the 126mil he's not going.
I think it would be good to reject this so then Spurs set an example of how not to get bullied.

All these bale stories are based of Marca and one writer in the guardian with no quotes

Then everyone else picked up on it claiming to have a source

Bale went to training today

uh oh this aint good. Coming from Skysports

Gareth Bale has left Tottenham's training ground for the day after telling Andre Villas-Boas he wants to join Real Madrid.
Spurs are yet to comment on the world record bid of more than £85m lodged by Real several days ago and have not wavered publicly on their stance that the player is not for sale.
In the meantime, Bale spent around five hours at the club's north London training centre on Wednesday and underwent treatment on a muscle injury, departing shortly after 2pm.
And, according to Sky sources, the 24-year-old took the opportunity while there to confirm his desire to leave for Spain.
Villas-Boas said at the weekend he was hopeful of having Bale fit for a friendly against Monaco this Saturday, but the concern now for Tottenham supporters is whether last season's double Player of the Year will be around for the start of the new season.
"Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world how can he turn it down? I also believe Tottenham are a selling club, their history would suggest that. You go back to Michael Carrick, Modric and Berbatov - they do tend to sell."
Jamie Redknapp

One former Spurs player, Jamie Redknapp, told Sky Sports' Football Season Preview show he believes it is now inevitable Bale will leave for Madrid, saying the club "always sells at the right price."
And Real's charm offensive continued on Tuesday when Sergio Ramos joined club captain Iker Casillas and director Zinedine Zidane in talking up a move.
Real's offer is understood to be for cash despite reports suggesting former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, now at the Bernabeu, might form part of any deal.
Watching from the sidelines are Bale's former club Southampton, who are in line to pocket 2.5% of any transfer fee.
But that pales in comparison to the 15% sell-on they are believed to have agreed at the time of his 2007 move to White Hart Lane.
Southampton waived that clause at a time when they were in financial difficulty, instead receiving around £1.5m and goalkeeper Tommy Forecast, and now stand to earn just £2m as opposed to £13m if Real sign Bale.
During Tuesday night's Football Season Preview show on Sky Sports, Redknapp said the new offer made by the La Liga giants makes sense for Spurs and the player.
"Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world how can he turn it down?" said Redknapp. "I also believe Tottenham are a selling club, their history would suggest that. You go back to Michael Carrick, Modric and Berbatov - they do tend to sell.
165012893_2576035948001_video-still-for-video-2576073293001.jpg
Redknapp feels it time for Bale

"They always sell at the right price and I think there will be a conversation between Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis and I can only see one outcome - and that is he will be a Real Madrid player."
Real defender Ramos has also had his say on the situation and, speaking on the club's US tour, said: "I think the mixing of veteran players as well as young players is a great philosophy.
"Not only as a team but in providing young people for some of us who have been here for so many years.
"Facing up to the challenges, and in that sense, those who are in a position to decide will leave us with our job to do.
"I think they have to work that out with (Real coach) Carlo Ancelotti, they must decide whether they need more players."
165012893_2576035952001_video-still-for-video-2576042226001.jpg
Bale fits Real

On Tuesday, Real keeper Casillas also spoke out in favour of Bale moving to La Liga, saying: "We are talking about one of the top three or four best players in Europe and it's normal that his name is being discussed."
And even Barcelona's Javier Mascherano has backed Bale to be a success in Spain.
"Always when players with quality come it is very good for the league," he told Fox Sports.
"Bale is a player that has shown in the last three years that he is one of the best in his position."

well the thing is selling a once in a life time type of player isn't about the money. If they keep Bale it will signal to other players and teams the the Spurs have every intention of being a CL club and will not break down to being a selling club.
To be the best you got to keep your best players.
85mil may never get you another gem like Bale. He is a game changer...other than Ronaldo and Messi, name me a player that can in an instant change the game at his will?

I agree on Bale being great but that is a fuckwad of money.

and since when are the Spurs NOT a selling team?

Also, on Spurs you have Bale and then a huuuuuge drop off to the next best player (Vertonghen). If you're Bale, you see this price and say its time to go play with the big boys. If you're Spurs, you say "wow, 85 mil for a guy who even if we keep, we are still at best a fringe CL team with the guys we have. Maybe we go out and spend some of this money on a cheaper top flight transfer and some other pieces for once......"

dont see any good reasons why this transfer, which is inevitable whether it happens this summer or next, shouldn't happen now

you say fringe CL yet of the top 5 the two biggest improvements this year are City and Spurs, Chelsea would be 3rd, and Arsenal/United tied for last

3 points separated Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal last year

so if one is a fringe CL club than right now all 3 are

there is no gap

last 2 seasons points

Chelsea 139
Arsenal 143
Tottenham 141

Doesn't it make financial sense for Spurs to sell Bale though? I know they're not exactly Porto or the Eredivisie teams needing to sell off players in order to turn a profit, but White Hart Lane's limitations seems to act as a major deterrent to Tottenham's ambitions, and with no new stadium in sight, seems like holding onto him would just be like keeping your fingers crossed and hoping you can catch lightning in a bottle for a season or two. Plus, from a practical standpoint, when's his market value ever going to be greater than it is now?

I know it sucks, but that's the reality of major sport in 2013...

if they dont have enough time to invest the money properly it makes no sense

if it makes the team worse than they potentially lose 30-40m the next year with no CL

plus commercially he is their biggest asset right now, so losing him might cost 5-10m per year regardless

if they sold him in June and had all summer to spend the money it makes sense, the longer we go now until the end of summer it makes less and less

their yearly finances are better than every club in England except Arsenal/Man United, they break even or about every year, with the new stadium (which will be funded mostly by Sponsorship and somewhat by the borough of Haringey because of all the facets of the NDP) isn't a necessity on a Bale sale this year

I don't think it takes a joe blow to realize that Spurs have financially done the best when it comes to buying and selling players in England. EASILY. Mind you they do not have the brand power as Man Utd/Liverpool or Chelsea, yet they buy inexpensive players and sell them with a ridiculous markup.

As noted before, the Spurs have been one of the most consistent teams in England, yes they have failed to crack the top 4 on numerous occasions but considering their budget is significantly less to that of Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea you'd have to praise what they've done. They don't "buy" their success, they have groomed a lot of really good young players and make them an attractive football club to watch.

teed also brings up the point that if RM made this bid at the beginning of the summer perhaps things would change, but come on what the fuck are they going to do with the money with less than a month to go. It's not fair for management and players.

Teeed, take a side and stop flipflopping. You can use the time of summer excuse all you want but you need to make up your mind now and stick with it no matter what happens (I still think Bale will be in Madrid in the next 2 weeks). Is it better if Bale stays for 1 more year or goes now for a ridiculously high price?

not flip flopping

if they can line up players before the sale to improve the team than do it, I don't think they can at this point in the season, but if something like

Morata from RM, Coentrao (or buy Shaw) at LB, Lamela at RW, Eriksen/Pjanic in midfield can be lined up

they can't line that up right now (I don't think), so don't sell until next year early when the money can then be spent

as it stands Spurs are in no desperate mode to buy anyways, they already have one of the best starting midfields in the EPL anyways so no need to disrupt the harmony.
Trust me I had to go through how many seasons with Aston Villa making transitions and I think this is the first year in awhile that they finally got their shit together, unlike when fucking MON left with a week to go and Alex McLeish...ummm no comment.
You don't want to look desperate or you are ripe for the taking and the players are rattled.

http://www.valenciacf.com/contenidos/Actualidad/Noticias/2013/07/Noticia_99391.html?__locale=en

Valencia Club de Fútbol has reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, pending the corresponding medical examination, for the transfer of Roberto Soldado for the amount equivalent to that of his release clause.

The Club wishes Roberto the best of luck in this new professional phase and we also wish to point out the professionalism and great performance of the footballer in the matches where he has worn the Valencia Club de Fútbol shirt.

Given the great magnitude of the transfer, Valencia CF would like to manifest that the operation has gone ahead with great effort from the three parties involved. On one hand, Tottenham Hotspur and the footballer along with his agents, and on the other hand, it has supposed an added effort for Valencia Club de Fútbol which never would have had the intention in releasing Roberto Soldado.

Lastly, Valencia CF wishes to thank the fans for the support received and at the same time offers a message of confidence in the work put forward by the coaches and players that wish to bring the Club forward and fulfill the objective of continuously maintaining Valencia Club de Fútbol as a great team. The Council and the professionals in the Technical Area will make the corresponding arrangements, in accordance with the economic reality, to maintain and increase the potential of the squad in sync with the level of demand of our great history and of our great supporters.
Amunt València!

Transfer season is so fucking strange in my eyes. Can never believe hardly a word you read.
Why would Spurs not bid 25m or so that could have netted them Benteke (allegedly) yet, they bid 26m for Soldado? Soldado, what 6-7 years older, never played a league game in England. Benteke seems to me a more dynamic player with even moreso potential. I think Soldado will be good, better option than Dempsey, sure, but why not spend for what could be a superior player, with a longer shelf life?
Just seems weird to me, I'm always wary of bringing in strikers from pussy leagues like Spain (even Italy) into EPL. Never seems to translate big returns, as the physicality of the defenders seems to be a big adjustment. I'd rather get a guy from Netherlands who play a pretty mean brand of soccer, or even some of the Scandinavian leagues who tend to have bigger, more physical defenders (and come cheaper)

Back