There are in the group of I would say the 7 biggest clubs in the world

United
Liverpool
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Inter
Milan
Bayern

Any of those 7 but especially the non Italian ones coming 3rd or lower is a disaster

Chadli for 7m would be a great deal as well for cover on the wings, he's said he wants to go to Spurs but Twente say only Swansea have bid so far

another Belgian too

Villa are gunning for him but doubt we'll get him, there's so many good Belgians now hope they can be a darkhorse in World Cup

Hope springs eternal. That's the beauty of between season, every one is equal.
Been hearing so many Spurs and Gunner fans yap yap yapping all offseason long about how bad United gonna be. I guess we'll just have to let the results see how it all pans out.
You act as if United never missed a single transfer target under SAF. That's really not the case at all. They missed out on plenty of guys and had plenty of players leave on transfer.
I'm not saying Thiago will not be fantastic at BM, but there is certainly the question of physicality in the EPL vs La Liga. You see all those barca bitches going to ground if someone passes wind near them and getting calls. It would have been a nice signing - much better than chasing after Fabregas for more money, but not the end of the world. Obviously Moyes isn't SAF. But cupboards not exactly barren at OT this year either.

The difference is, SAF pursues and gets the man he wants and always has a better back up plan. Moyes on the other hand has no idea what to do with money, the guy has had to find bargin players on the cheap but now he's got find Stars. I don't discredit Moyes as a manager but Utd would of been better off hiring someone who has dealt with superstars, egos, big budgets and high pressure. SAF set a standard that is very very difficult to obtain, doesn't matter who will be there. I guess the suits knew that when they hired Moyes they would have to be patient.
Thiago is one of a kind, the Spaniards praise him and the Brazilians praise him, heck Brazilians are wishing they had called him up for senior level, he's that good. The EPL vs La Liga debate should be thrown out the window, if you ever watch la liga, they are just as physical and if not even more dirtier. There have been some pretty good La Liga to EPL players...ummm David Silva, Juan Mata, Michu, and Jose Enrique to name a few.

Please, Guaranteed. BM came in 3rd as recently as 2011. Was hardly considered a disaster.
Spain is a two team race, there is no way either RM or Barca finishes outside 1-2 anytime in the near future.
I am not sure how you are quantifying the 'biggest clubs in the world' but it's mighty convenient that you fail to mention Manchester City when they have the LARGEST PAYROLL IN ANY SPORT IN THE ENTIRE WORLD
And you discount the Italian clubs, but AC Milan has the 4th largest payroll in the world and finished third last year. I guess whatever you need to make your argument more convenient though.
I am not saying there will not be calls for Moyes head if they finish lower than 1st, but it's like that for every club in the world. Every one. But, finishing 3rd would hardly be a disaster.

I dont even think dark horse

Courtois is net
Kompany/verts/alderweild/lombaerts
Dembele/witsel/fellani
Hazard
Benteke and lukaku

They would put someone like chadli in ahead of one of the strikers to have two wingers

But that is a stacked back 4 and midfield and two beasts up top

Not defensive at all....was just pointing out that the loudest detractors of ManUnited have seemed to be Spurs and Gunner fans who have won nothing (nor really come close) in many, many years.
I would have liked to have gotten Thiago, don't get me wrong, but I really think it's unfair to say it was all Moyes doing. He went to play for his ex-coach who adores him, has practically taken him under his wing. Saying SAF would have definitely got him I think is wrong.
United going to have a problem if Rooney leaves. Not that Rooney is top 5 player in the world anymore, but he does so many things for this team, they will have a difficult time replacing him. Plus, their midfield will be stretched - too many wingers, not enough central guys.
Will be a long season, you cannot argue with the final results, but certainly can argue before the season starts.
Top three for United would not be a disaster. Hell, they are tipped to come in third already by the biggest bettors in the world. Coming in 4th would be bad. Coming in lower than 4th would be a disaster.

top 3 is really the idealistic spot, Moyes has proven he can really challenge up there and I think the players will respect him. I'm curious if he will encourage a fluid attacking game now that he's got all these fantastic players or will he bring in his Everton mantra?

Again the thing I am most worried about this first season is the transition, the styles are such a contrast, the players are such a contrast. Utd need to do all they can to get Felliani, he will be an absolute hit with the fans, and just be a great rock in the middle for a rather smaller United attack.

I'm really excited this year because it seems teams are now very vulnerable, and yes I know there's always ramblings coming from certain supporters and you know what, last season I talked shit about Utd, and well they shut my mouth lol. The only difference is that there is only one SAF :)

I dont even think dark horse

Courtois is net
Kompany/verts/alderweild/lombaerts
Dembele/witsel/fellani
Hazard
Benteke and lukaku

They would put someone like chadli in ahead of one of the strikers to have two wingers

But that is a stacked back 4 and midfield and two beasts up top

And this is not mentioning De Bruyne, Mertens, Mirallas. They had no excuse not to qualify for the Euros and will have even less of an excuse to not make noise next summer in Brazil. Loaded with talent.

I've read Mata or Luiz +10m. People called bullshit, but others have said journalist is legit.

Jose said it wasnt a swap just cash

Mata +10m would be hilarious

To even up would need to be Rooney plus 15-20 for johnny kills

Jk a top 5 player in the league rooney hasnt been anywhere near that in 2 years

I would have those as tiers

Rooney would be much much lower, which is why a Mata + cash for Rooney makes no sense

Wow, didn't see that coming

I'm thinking he will stay one more season if anything this contract extension is to ward off the suitors cause now they have to pay up even more.

Nevertheless, that news has absolutely U Turned the off season for Villa. Losing Benteke would be a big blow, but now he's back AND with all the contract extensions and additions I'm very excited. Helenius/Benteke is going to be fun to watch

Very excited myself now with NBC showing all the EPL games this year -- only got to watch two or three games last season, will obviously be able to watch way more which will be fun with Benteke staying

will be a good season Monk.

Guzan has paid his dues and he is a clear number one. Still got loads of years in him and only getting better.
Got a very passionate manager with great vision, we will be the youngest squad in the league it's a good and bad thing but hey I don't see us going to Europa I just want some exciting competitive football to make the club more attractive for other players to join!

well had a feeling Luis Enrique would of had his name thrown in, even though he was just hired as Celta Vigo's new boss.
He is probably the best candidate due to his ties with the club and style of play.

they are lucky, there's a rule in Spain that once a manager is registered with 1 team he can't coach another in the league that season, Celta Vigo hadn't registered him yet

he has a low buyout clause specifically for Barca too, saw one of the journo's say it's only 3m vs 7m for other teams

they are lucky, there's a rule in Spain that once a manager is registered with 1 team he can't coach another in the league that season, Celta Vigo hadn't registered him yet

he has a low buyout clause specifically for Barca too, saw one of the journo's say it's only 3m vs 7m for other teams

that's fucked dude, any reason why Celta Vigo didn't register him!? I mean it's the manager for fuck sakes lol

its official Gerardo Martino is the new boss.

Oops it was my mistake he is Argentine and is apparently the favourite player of Leo Messi's dad.
He is an attack minded coach but will be interesting to see if he will follow the ways of Barcelona/Messi or have his own ideas of attack.

Crazy how both the EPL and La Liga are seeing some major changes in their big clubs.

It's so freaking open now.

Someone distract teed while I post this...

article-2374873-1AF34C44000005DC-577_634x843.jpg

isnt Marca as useless as The Sun? Just need something to work with to get readers.
Once you’re on the front page of Marca there’s only one place for you …

Madrid-based daily newspaper Marca are renowned for their close links to Real.

In fact, so rarely are Marca wrong on Real Madrid that their word is taken as gospel, and history backs it up.

The transfers of Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka were all predicted by Marca (see below).

Spurs fans will be hoping they're wrong for a change this time...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gn-Real-Madrid-claim-Marca.html#ixzz2ZvQwTQGO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

they link RM to every player in the world every summer, RM use them to tap up players, they list 3 who worked out and disregard the 30 who didn't

Villa official this week
tWP2FeP.jpg

Silva will be the brain

Ia7YzuS.jpg

Cesc; yes or yes

uhKmlJ4.jpg

Llorente, now or next year

0BEhoZQ.jpg

Tevez will join Madrid in 2009

2Wdj8xK.jpg

in 2010 one of Rooney, Villa or Aguero will sign

8fXDiJn.jpg

Kun is in the bag

6pHVguQ.jpg

Ribery will come to Madrid

mM3jrUr.jpg

Neymar negotiations almost complete

marca-newspaper-110513.jpg

they are on a daily mail/sun level of uselessness, with the only difference being that they have an official partnership to tap players up, whereas the Sun/Daily Mail do it for fun

Higuain e Reina hanno superato le visite mediche e presto si aggregheranno al gruppo

Napoli president announces on twitter that both Pepe Reina and Gonzalo Higuain have passed their medicals and will soon join the rest of the squad in training. They will presented on July 29th at the San Paolo.

Radamel Falcao earns a reported €350k a week at AS Monaco. Here’s now that huge salary breaks-down.

Per Year - €18,200,000
Per Month - €1,516,667
Per Week - €350,000
Per Day - €50,000
Per Hour - €2,083.33
Per Minute - €34.72
Per Second - €0.58

So there you have it, by the time you’ve finished reading this post Radamel would have earned around another €11.

my life sucks...:faceslap:

Back